Page 391 of 772 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 11576
    BANNED

My point exactly...
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-09-2021 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    My point exactly...
    I thought this was the storm thread so why would people be talking about the other ones that terraformed mars?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I'm not against the cloud hair at all but I also like Devaishwarya take it should be used for those level up/feat moments.
    yew that works for me too.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yew that works for me too.
    Did you see that way of X preview. talking about presidency of sol in bold. tried it. lmao. i'm surprised it bother me so much.

I think it was the implying she would be neglectful to a planet we just saw her help terraform. And we saw she had a connection when she said the rain was it's joy and now we are suppose to believe she is just ignoring the planet? like really?

This is turning into a really salty cast of characters. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-09-2021 at 01:09 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Well...he had to give dust her "AWESOME!!!" moment so...

I'm not interested in that book, not reading it, so I don't care.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Did you see that way of X preview. talking about presidency of sol in bold. tried it. lmao. i'm surprised it bother me so much.

I think it was the implying she would be neglectful to a planet we just saw her help terraform. And we saw she had a connection when she said the rain was it's joy and now we are suppose to believe she is just ignoring the planet? like really?

This is turning into a really salty cast of characters. lol
    no I didn't let me go check it out really quick.. lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Well...he had to give dust her "AWESOME!!!" moment so...

I'm not interested in that book, not reading it, so I don't care.
    I have been reading it and enjoying it but i can't deny the characters are getting more and more cynical and more and more petty. That's just what it feels like to me. Doctor and Dazzler, he kept insulting her because oh gosh he likes her. Nightcrawler absolutely shocked adults were having sex and how could stacy. Legion preaching to anybody who will listen like he never commited a crime. And now we have dust basically acting like the omegas are trying to murder somebody and she doing them a favor. I mean it's just adding up. There is not one positive person in this book. Even Pixie had to get the perky shot out of her, literally. And don't get me started on the one character of color who anytime i think is about to get a line throws up on somebody.

I guess the best way to summarize it is this is the only book that is actively making me dislike characters i like. I think it is best for me to drop it.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-09-2021 at 01:21 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

But then again, i can also admit that is the point of the story when i think about it and how Onslaught is changing everyone aggression so maybe he is just that good that i'm actually like getting triggered. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I have been reading it and enjoying it but i can't deny the characters are getting more and more cynical and more and more petty. That's just what it feels like to me. Doctor and Dazzler, he kept insulting her because oh gosh he likes her. Nightcrawler absolutely shocked adults were having sex and how could stacy. Legion preaching to anybody who will listen like he never commited a crime. And now we have dust basically acting like the omegas are trying to murder somebody and she doing them a favor. I mean it's just adding up. There is not one positive person in this book. Even Pixie had to get the perky shot out of her, literally. And don't get me started on the one character of color who anytime i think is about to get a line throws up on somebody.

I guess the best way to summarize it is this is the only book that is actively making me dislike characters i like. I think it is best for me to drop it.
    yes dust needs to stfu and understand that this is new and it was never going to be perfect. this is what I always believed to be true with this announcement. it either be really good for storm or really bad. I'm hoping this doesn't end up how her tenure ended when she was leader of the xmen but I would imagine ororo would handle this in a more diplomatic way addressing the situation without being as pessimistic as dust was.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes dust needs to stfu and understand that this is new and it was never going to be perfect. this is what I always believed to be true with this announcement. it either be really good for storm or really bad. I'm hoping this doesn't end up how her tenure ended when she was leader of the xmen but I would imagine ororo would handle this in a more diplomatic way addressing the situation without being as pessimistic as dust was.
    What did I miss?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    What did I miss?
    oh mis dust is being shady towards the omegas for what they did on mars. let me provide the receipts

But then again, i can also admit that is the point of the story when i think about it and how Onslaught is changing everyone aggression so maybe he is just that good that i'm actually like getting triggered. lol
    Si is really a good writer. So there could be some plan with having Onslaught be the big bad influence...I'll give him that.
    The whole premise of the book never interested me from the start so...enh!

I really prefer fun and jaunty Nightelf instead of angsty and moralistic 'Crawler.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

@misssnarks

And since the Planet is terraformed for and named after the powerful Arakkii mutants maybe they should be the ones helping to make their new world more habitable.

He could have given dust her "feat" without resorting to snark and tone.

And I absolute hate Lost.

I'm not sure how all this lines up timeline wise, but I find it horribly OOC that Storm would be sitting around having lunch with Doom when there's a death sand cloud on the horizon capable of potentially wiping out buildings and mutants alike.