Page 397 of 772 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm seeing some trolling about Storm being a black woman where some are suggesting she isn't a black woman. Well news flash:

both her parents are black and she has been called as such many times in the comics:

Is that Emma Frost in frame #4? If so how does she NOT know what a Sentinel is?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Hmm... I wasn't aware that "Heroes Reborn" was actually canon continuity.
    It is the heroes return issue but that’s besides my point, if the writers wanna get “creative“ with the powers/skills of the “big boys” I don’t see why they should stop when it comes to perfectly logical applications of Ororo’s powers.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

[/CENTER]

no that is storm.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-15-2021 at 12:29 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    As a black man from Barbados I can tell you, people have told me I'm not black because I'm a bajan. Mental gymnastics is a curse ��
    The worst people are the ones that mean this garbage as a form of compliment.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    The worst people are the ones that mean this garbage as a form of compliment.
    it's a reminder that some view blackness with a negative hue. people used to say storm was above race so I was very thankful that Coates gave her dialogue with meaningful discussion on the topic.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

[/CENTER]

Emma hadnt been created yet

BANNED

Thanks, I didn't recognize that page as UXM #98 at first sight.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-15-2021 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    It is nonsensical. the only time that was ever implied was when ororo was reverted to a child and a doctor made the comment however a black police on the same page stated she looked like a black girl. her mutation which gives her her cat eyes and white hair gives her an outer worldly look but she is still black.
    I thought this was independent of her mutation and based off her family line?

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I thought this was independent of her mutation and based off her family line?
    the white hair part, you are right, is a trait passed down from her ancestors which isn't necessarily a mutation. I think the cat eyes however is but I need to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    But …..but.. this is just light stuff, there is no businesses writing her if the writer can’t grasp these simple concepts…….. I haven’t even mentioned her Omega Level Ergo-kinetic Vision.
    The Hulk, Black Panther & co are pulling new powers out of their behind on a monthly basis to the point that they make hardly any sense but a basic understanding of Storm’s power is problematic?
    We are talking about one of marvel’s top Players, she’s regent of sol not because of her awesome B side or to fill some generic diversity quota…… Ororo, Hadari Yao is the regent of sol because she represent power incarnate, reliable and stable power with divine ascendency, she is doing what only she could do, no one else can even compete.
    Period.

I wish Claremont n nem had just went ALL THE WAY with Storms power progression, she is a GOD level being...let her BE THAT. Weather was said to be ONLY a piece of her abilities. I AM NOT and never have been nor will i ever be a fan of Storm being boxed into lightning and rain just because of the 'it'd be hard to write her' excuse. Well damn, give ME the pen and ill write it.

Storm needs to fully realize her full potential..its time. Period.

Storm is a mystical, god like being. EMBRACE IT.

Is that Magneto skating in the back?

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post

It’s Doom!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    It’s Doom!!
    oh wow I never noticed that. good eye!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Period.

I wish Claremont n nem had just went ALL THE WAY with Storms power progression, she is a GOD level being...let her BE THAT. Weather was said to be ONLY a piece of her abilities. I AM NOT and never have been nor will i ever be a fan of Storm being boxed into lightning and rain just because of the 'it'd be hard to write her' excuse. Well damn, give ME the pen and ill write it.

Storm needs to fully realize her full potential..its time. Period.

Storm is a mystical, god like being. EMBRACE IT.
    I think Claremont would have and most certainly was on track to give us a fully realized storm. roguestorm was evidence of this however, with the soft reboot I think there was an editorial push to reel her back in with her abilities. we saw this with Claremont when she couldn't or didn't think to use solar winds when the xmen were using a ship to access asteroid m. then of course lobdell completely neefed her once he started to write her after Claremont left. it was the beginning of the end.

do you have the actual quote where it is said she is more than just weather? I've seen it mentioned numerous times but have bit seen the actual source.