Page 398 of 772 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400401402408448498 ... LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think Claremont would have and most certainly was on track to give us a fully realized storm. roguestorm was evidence of this however, with the soft reboot I think there was an editorial push to reel her back in with her abilities. we saw this with Claremont when she couldn't or didn't think to use solar winds when the xmen were using a ship to access asteroid m. then of course lobdell completely neefed her once he started to write her after Claremont left. it was the beginning of the end.

do you have the actual quote where it is said she is more than just weather? I've seen it mentioned numerous times but have bit seen the actual source.
    I remember that! He was the guy who claimed Storm could overheat.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I remember that! He was the guy who claimed Storm could overheat.
    yes that is indeed him. I ignore that mess and its clear he didn't understand how hee powers worked.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I wonder if there was a Omega Mutant in the Manipulation of Electromagnetism (Which is one of the four pillars of the universe), could it have subpowers compared to Storm or be bigger than hers? Since the concept of energy, elements, weather events, among other powers you possess, would enter the Earth's electromagnetic field... Or could I be wrong...

I think Claremont would have and most certainly was on track to give us a fully realized storm. roguestorm was evidence of this however, with the soft reboot I think there was an editorial push to reel her back in with her abilities. we saw this with Claremont when she couldn't or didn't think to use solar winds when the xmen were using a ship to access asteroid m. then of course lobdell completely neefed her once he started to write her after Claremont left. it was the beginning of the end.

do you have the actual quote where it is said she is more than just weather? I've seen it mentioned numerous times but have bit seen the actual source.
    Definitely going to have to dig it up because it was a very old interview comparing the highs and lows of Storm and Original Phoenix powers and abilities.

Edit: FOUND IT!
    It was in Rampage mag(uk) 1979

I USED to have the page saved on my old pc but an older member Rutog has a bit of it on another board
    http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/i...p?topic=1148.0
    it was 1979 from Rampage Magazine(UK)

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/first-edi...20014207292/bd

The interviewer (someone called Richard Burton, I'll abbreviate it to RB) is asking Chris various questions, working through the characters...

"
    RB: Storm next...

Chris Claremont: Storm is basically what she is...a goddess, a three-dimensional goddess, if such a thing is possible.

RB: When the new X-Men first appeared Storm was probably the most powerful and dramatic member. Do you feel now that she's been slightly upstaged by Phoenix?

Chris Claremont: No. In equal terms of raw power, they're approximately equal.

Jean can maintain a higher burst...she can peak higher than Storm but she can't hold it for long. The thing with Storm is that all we've done till now is show her throwing lightning bolts and creating hurricanes, but she can do far more. Phoenix is more visual - the 'bird effect' is more spectacular. So the gist of it is that they complement each other. They do different things in different ways."
    The phoenix has gotten the proper progression it deserves...its STORMS TURN now

This is also why i HATE how folk overlook the galactic core ordeal. Storm summoned galactic energy as she would weather on earth.

She didnt survive because she did not wish to, she was getting rid of herself and the brood baby.
    Her power should be grandoise at this point since the GC feat was only a taste of her space abilities.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 07-15-2021 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Definitely going to have to dig it up because it was a very old interview comparing the highs and lows of Storm and Original Phoenix powers and abilities.

Edit: FOUND IT!
    It was in Rampage mag(uk) 1979

I USED to have the page saved on my old pc but an older member Rutog has a bit of it on another board
    http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/i...p?topic=1148.0
    it was 1979 from Rampage Magazine(UK)

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/first-edi...20014207292/bd

The interviewer (someone called Richard Burton, I'll abbreviate it to RB) is asking Chris various questions, working through the characters...

"

The phoenix has gotten the proper progression it deserves...its STORMS TURN now

This is also why i HATE how folk overlook the galactic core ordeal. Storm summoned galactic energy as she would weather on earth.

She didnt survive because she did not wish to, she was getting rid of herself and the brood baby.
    Her power should be grandoise at this point since the GC feat was only a taste of her space abilities.
    thank you so much boo. this is another bit of evidence demonstrating jean was given phoenix to put her on the power level of storm. I love it. and im going to see how I can get my hands on that.

and you're absolutely right about the galatic core feat. many people overlook it but the insane amount of energy she manipulated to become a freaking star is insane. I'm hoping Ewing explore a bit more of her abilities im hopeful he will deliver.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

never forget:

thank you so much boo. this is another bit of evidence demonstrating jean was given phoenix to put her on the power level of storm. I love it. and im going to see how I can get my hands on that.

and you're absolutely right about the galatic core feat. many people overlook it but the insane amount of energy she manipulated to become a freaking star is insane. I'm hoping Ewing explore a bit more of her abilities im hopeful he will deliver.
    There are so many unexplored possibilities, I really feel like we could be at the dawn of a new age for Ororo, as a mutant she’s an omega and she has reached the peak coming out on top, as leader she’s now regent of the entire solar system and she’s going to measure herself against the top players of the marvel universe, as a Goddess her path is only just beginning and we got only small glimpses of it in the BP books……. So much potential, I’m very excited
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    There are so many unexplored possibilities, I really feel like we could be at the dawn of a new age for Ororo, as a mutant she’s an omega and she has reached the peak coming out on top, as leader she’s now regent of the entire solar system and she’s going to measure herself against the top players of the marvel universe, as a Goddess her path is only just beginning and we got only small glimpses of it in the BP books……. So much potential, I’m very excited
    I'm excited too. I saw this online about her abilities what are your thoughts what you expand or remove?

BANNED

In the storm solo 2014 issue 11 she stated that she has always controlled weather but what if her power extends deeper, into the very fundamental forces that govern weather like the planets magnetic field using it to create a lava bursts, and magnetic cyclone that stretches into space to remove Kenji's flesh monsters. She also hijacks his telepathy pulling multiple people into the astral plane this is done by way of electromagnetism. It's also worth noting that she used the conductive flesh Kenji created to push her power. But the feats were storms because earlier in a previous issue she parted the magnetosohere to permit sunlight to vaporize a tidal wave.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I wonder if there was a Omega Mutant in the Manipulation of Electromagnetism (Which is one of the four pillars of the universe), could it have subpowers compared to Storm or be bigger than hers? Since the concept of energy, elements, weather events, among other powers you possess, would enter the Earth's electromagnetic field... Or could I be wrong...
    Actually it's the other way around, since storms power the weather extends to the very fundamental forces that govern weather including electromagnetism it means that she has omega level control over that force directly as she does with all the weather related elements. Stars are the main source of weather in the universe and they are the culmination of all four fundamental forces sooo in theory storm should be able to have omega control over stellar matter and energy we even see this semblance in the black vortex mirror when she becomes a supernova and destroys a planet.

BANNED

I'm excited too. I saw this online about her abilities what are your thoughts what you expand or remove?

Cosmic dust because it's part of primal.matter plus manipulation of hydrogen, helium, plasma can all be added

BANNED

She channeled the power of an entire core, galaxies not only have millions of stars planets and such crammed at their cores but also super massive black holes sooo great the have the potential to generate quasars( the most energetic events in the universe).

This is just perfect…. as a goddess Ororo is able to manifest her will trough the raging elemental forces that govern the heavens, this is why as an omega mutant her ability to shape matter and energy takes the form of weather manipulation, usually each pantheon is governed by a sky-father/earth- mother figure, Ororo’s dominion over the elements places her at the highest levels of traditional divine hierarchies.
    As she works on exploring her powers I expect Storm to discover more exotic abilities:
    life force sensing and manipulation,
    conversion of belief into power,
    Cosmic awarness,
    Empathic bond with nature and living creatures
    Consciousness projection
    Elemental forms.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    This is just perfect…. as a goddess Ororo is able to manifest her will trough the raging elemental forces that govern the heavens, this is why as an omega mutant her ability to shape matter and energy takes the form of weather manipulation, usually each pantheon is governed by a sky-father/earth- mother figure, Ororo’s dominion over the elements places her at the highest levels of traditional divine hierarchies.
    As she works on exploring her powers I expect Storm to discover more exotic abilities:
    life force sensing and manipulation,
    conversion of belief into power,
    Cosmic awarness,
    Empathic bond with nature and living creatures
    Consciousness projection
    Elemental forms.
    I recall there was an instance where she sensed something was off with Jean's life force before. Her extrasensory abilities need to be brought back
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    In the storm solo 2014 issue 11 she stated that she has always controlled weather but what if her power extends deeper, into the very fundamental forces that govern weather like the planets magnetic field using it to create a lava bursts, and magnetic cyclone that stretches into space to remove Kenji's flesh monsters. She also hijacks his telepathy pulling multiple people into the astral plane this is done by way of electromagnetism. It's also worth noting that she used the conductive flesh Kenji created to push her power. But the feats were storms because earlier in a previous issue she parted the magnetosohere to permit sunlight to vaporize a tidal wave.
    wait im kind of confused here. her solo did show her delve into the magnetic fields of the planet earth and pak definitely showed her do more than just weather with the solar winds feat. so we definitely did see application behind weather control in the solo.