Page 4 of 772 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

I can't believe that about X-Treme either. There isn't a more Storm-centric run in the canon. Is it perfect? Of course not, but I loved what Claremont did with Storm breaking off from the mansion and leading her own team, ultimately brokering worldwide authority with the UN security council(XSE). It's a shame that concept barely was explored before Marvel threw the Fox properties under the bus(No More Mutants and the BP marriage).

This whole Krakoa nation story would benefit from her established statecraft, but Hickman hasn't seemed interested in that angle for her yet. I hope he has something in store for her, though aspects of XoS were glimmers of positive development. Overall her presence on the QC has been a waste. Either make some real moves or do something else entirely. Marauders has been a huge waste of time other than XoS, as I suspected at the onset.

I'd like to see Ororo and Monet together again. That GS issue was a little underwhelming but that pairing has potential.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Happy New Year All

You thought Xtreme was boring. :O

In regards to the question, option 4 is the best choice in my eyes. I honestly would love to see Storm break out as a solo, independent character that still has ties to the XMen but far more influence in the wider MU (not just in Wakanda lol). I just feel that now that Krakoa is a nation and mutants have their own place, perhaps its time for certain characters to break out of the typical XMen team mold. The choice of Scott and Jean feels very natural IMO for them. I feel that Storm is another character that can break out and find her own voice and stand on her own. She has also been a very strong and unique character and I would be very intrigue to see what life "post XMEN" means for her.
    it just didn't measure up to Claremont's early uncanny run. I also didn't really care for the "police officer" element either. Ideally Ororo would fully embrace her godhead, leave the xmen, and delve into her ancestry (paternal/maternal) that would open her own corner within the MU. Her rogues would range from demigods to actual gods from her pantheon in which she shares and as such we could see other aspects of her abilities including the magical ones. She would help the Xmen in scenarios that required her powerset but in this new era she would move beyond just being a mutant/xmen. im ready for stories and threats that allow for her full potential to be explored and Xtreme and stories like it won't allow for that.

edit: just reread the entirety of this and we are essentially saying the same thing with the big exception being wakanda lol. she doesn't have to be as engraved in their stories even though I loved how Coates did this in his BP run, but her connections to wakanda is forever just as it is with the xmen.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-03-2021 at 01:03 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Yup she was doing the cyclops before cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

This whole Krakoa nation story would benefit from her established statecraft, but Hickman hasn't seemed interested in that angle for her yet. I hope he has something in store for her, though aspects of XoS were glimmers of positive development. Overall her presence on the QC has been a waste. Either make some real moves or do something else entirely. Marauders has been a huge waste of time other than XoS, as I suspected at the onset.

I'd like to see Ororo and Monet together again. That GS issue was a little underwhelming but that pairing has potential.
    The same. I am still underwhelmed by Hickman Storm. He gets points because he's one of the few X-Architects over the past 25 years or so to recognize her importance to the franchise. We can clearly see that by him making her a member of the Quiet Council AND giving her a Giant Size one shot. She also had a large role in X of Swords and she was actually competent and not plagued by paralysis inducing self doubt! There's no way previous regimes would have given her such big roles and serviceable agency.

But some of it is all still very flat. Her role on the Quiet Council has been pointless. She hasn't done anything of note while on it and the reasons that she got a seat at the table were a bit insulting and didn't do justice to her history/background.

I am waiting patiently though for better things. He's stepping in the right directions with the character so I am optimistic, which I have not been for a long time.

Well i loved X-treme X-men enough for everyone. The sass, the class, the marriage proposals, the inter-dimensional doom, the soul walk with jean, the starting up of xse, the girl time in the arena. Xtreme Xmen was as close to a great Storm solo as one could get.

The scene alone with the x-men all at the table claiming Storm as their own. I will always cherish Xtreme.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I mean how xtreme boring. I'm honestly stunned. lol Storm used her powers 3 different ways in Xtreme #2 alone.

Attachment 104123
    Attachment 104125

i mean how can all that swag be boring. i just. does. not. compute. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I mean how xtreme boring. I'm honestly stunned. lol Storm used her powers 3 different ways in Xtreme #2 alone.

Attachment 104123
    Attachment 104125

i mean how can all that swag be boring. i just. does. not. compute. lol
    everything ain't for everybody. she had some nice moments but the book is evident feats dont compensate for storytelling. it was very hard to read honestly and in hindsight I wasn't shocked it was canceled.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I can't believe that about X-Treme either. There isn't a more Storm-centric run in the canon. Is it perfect? Of course not, but I loved what Claremont did with Storm breaking off from the mansion and leading her own team, ultimately brokering worldwide authority with the UN security council(XSE). It's a shame that concept barely was explored before Marvel threw the Fox properties under the bus(No More Mutants and the BP marriage).
    House of M and Decimation had nothing to do with the X-men movie rights being in Fox's hands. At that point Marvel actualy made good money from Fox doing movies with their properties. After all that was something they had been working on through the 90's to get rolling (hoping movies based on their properties are made) in the hope of making the big buck that could safe their company (Books like Mavel Comics: The Untold History give insight in how keen they were on expanding their IPs to the cinema). Same for Spiderman over at Sony.

It wasn't until 3 years later when they took a huge gamble in making their own movie, based on a left over property (Iron Man being a b-list hero in public super hero awareness at the time), with a relative unknown actor/director at the helm and using a previously washed up actor as star, that the foundation for the Marvel Cinematic Universe was formed which only after several more successfull movies actualy got them so keen on getting their movie IPs back, which led to sabotage of the comics in the mid to late 2010's.

House of M actualy happend because the person in charge of the comic universe felt that the X-men had become far too prominent at the expense of all the other heros and groups (mainly Avengers who had actualy build up a strong comic presence with New Avengers in the early 2000's) both in comics and fandom and that writers got too lazy with creating super powered characters by just making them mutants.

So the bone headed decious was made that the mutants need to be put back to their roots of being small in number (the same person who decided that Spiderman should be a down on his luck single, go figure), hence mass depowering and a story in which Beast finds out that "NOTHING CAN REVERSE THIS! IT'S EVERYWHERE!" as if to hammer home that the editors are serious about wanting this status quo to last.

Though regardless of reason i agree that it was more interesting to have X-men operate as a UN sanctioned NGO handling mutant business (protection of mutants and protection from mutants), which got destroyed via Decimation and has not yet found any basis to return as idea.

Big fan of Xtreme. Losing Larrocca caused the book to lose steam though. GLMK2 was just not good, and Storm the Arena even had me saying that Claremont's bdsm fetish was just getting way too overt, but the book kinda recovered with the final arc. It was definitely a great Storm showcase though. She didn't feel fake and thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Big fan of Xtreme. Losing Larrocca caused the book to lose steam though. GLMK2 was just not good, and Storm the Arena even had me saying that Claremont's bdsm fetish was just getting way too overt, but the book kinda recovered with the final arc. It was definitely a great Storm showcase though. She didn't feel fake and thin.
    Totally agree. Kordey was not a good replacement. Fit better on Uncanny or New...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    The same. I am still underwhelmed by Hickman Storm. He gets points because he's one of the few X-Architects over the past 25 years or so to recognize her importance to the franchise. We can clearly see that by him making her a member of the Quiet Council AND giving her a Giant Size one shot. She also had a large role in X of Swords and she was actually competent and not plagued by paralysis inducing self doubt! There's no way previous regimes would have given her such big roles and serviceable agency.

But some of it is all still very flat. Her role on the Quiet Council has been pointless. She hasn't done anything of note while on it and the reasons that she got a seat at the table were a bit insulting and didn't do justice to her history/background.

I am waiting patiently though for better things. He's stepping in the right directions with the character so I am optimistic, which I have not been for a long time.
    I agree with metalclouds, I don't think that she will be on the Quiet Council for long.

I think her and Kurt are the only ones left on the Council with any moral integrity. I can see her disagreeing with them a lot more and becoming disenchanted.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Well i loved X-treme X-men enough for everyone. The sass, the class, the marriage proposals, the inter-dimensional doom, the soul walk with jean, the starting up of xse, the girl time in the arena. Xtreme Xmen was as close to a great Storm solo as one could get.

The scene alone with the x-men all at the table claiming Storm as their own. I will always cherish Xtreme.
    Yeah I feel the same. The Xtreme run holds a special place for me in regards to Storm. Claremont always puts Storm front and center when he writes the X Men. Even the X Men Forever series which many people disliked was Storm heavy. I mean we got 3 Storms in one run lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I agree with metalclouds, I don't think that she will be on the Quiet Council for long.

I think her and Kurt are the only ones left on the Council with any moral integrity. I can see her disagreeing with them a lot more and becoming disenchanted.
    ehhhh i think after her stunt in stealing skybreaker Kurt would only fit that bill.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ehhhh i think after her stunt in stealing skybreaker Kurt would only fit that bill.

Whew! I'm not gonna touch that one, lol! I'm keeping my promise, not gonna talk about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Whew! I'm not gonna touch that one, lol! I'm keeping my promise, not gonna talk about it!
    lolol I understand but I can tell no lie. I love me some 'Ro but Tchalla was absolutely correct and one of such character traits cannot speak on possessing moral integrity: