Page 400 of 772 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410450500 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Thanks for enlightening me, my fear is that some Omega Mutant in the Manipulation of Electromagnetism would come and throw Storm aside, some time ago I saw an Magneto fan saying that Magneto was more powerful than Ororo for having full control over the spectrum of electromagnetism , and whatever she would do, he did better.
    I, simply can't see Ororo reaching out electromagnetically from Earth, into the asteroid belt, and pulling an M-type rock back to Earth's orbit.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-16-2021 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I, simply can't see Ororo reaching out electromagnetically from Earth, into the asteroid belt, and pulling an M-type rock back to Earth's orbit.
    I could totally see Ororo do something like this in order to avoid hurting Magneto’s feelings :

“ Electric Propulsion (EP) is a class of space propulsion which makes use of electrical power to accelerate a propellant by different possible electrical and/or magnetic means. The use of electrical power enhances the propulsive performances of the EP thrusters compared with conventional chemical thrusters. Unlike chemical systems, electric propulsion requires very little mass to accelerate a spacecraft. The propellant is ejected up to twenty times faster than from a classical chemical thruster and therefore the overall system is many times more mass efficient.

Electric Propulsion, when compared with chemical propulsion, is not limited in energy, but is only limited by the available electrical power on-board the spacecraft. Therefore EP is suitable for low-thrust (micro and milli-newton levels) long-duration applications on board spacecrafts. The propellant used in EP systems varies with the type of thruster and can be a rare gas (i.e. xenon or argon), a liquid metal or, in some cases, a conventional propellant.”

https://www.esa.int/Enabling_Support...ric_propulsion
    Last edited by Daedra; 07-16-2021 at 01:44 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh thats an excellent example I completely forgot about that one.

I see your point and agree. I love how you dissect and breakdown these showings. you add an extra layer I didn't think about.
    I enjoy the collective lore/theory crafting going on in this thread immensely. You contribuited so much more than I ever could.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I could totally see Ororo do something like this in order to avoid hurting Magneto’s feelings :

“ Electric Propulsion (EP) is a class of space propulsion which makes use of electrical power to accelerate a propellant by different possible electrical and/or magnetic means. The use of electrical power enhances the propulsive performances of the EP thrusters compared with conventional chemical thrusters. Unlike chemical systems, electric propulsion requires very little mass to accelerate a spacecraft. The propellant is ejected up to twenty times faster than from a classical chemical thruster and therefore the overall system is many times more mass efficient.

Electric Propulsion, when compared with chemical propulsion, is not limited in energy, but is only limited by the available electrical power on-board the spacecraft. Therefore EP is suitable for low-thrust (micro and milli-newton levels) long-duration applications on board spacecrafts. The propellant used in EP systems varies with the type of thruster and can be a rare gas (i.e. xenon or argon), a liquid metal or, in some cases, a conventional propellant.”

I have no idea what you're trying to say or prove there.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I enjoy the collective lore/theory crafting going on in this thread immensely. You contribuited so much more than I ever could.
    why thanks love I just value what we all bring big or small. it does make me question how some writers only write her doing lightning when all this information is out there and with how many out of box ideas those have made in regards to what she could potentially do. electric propulsion?!? like I didn't even know that was a thing lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Imagine her on the planet Arakko creating the face of an element of water, earth, air... to communicate with someone? It would be really cool to see that in the comics besides showing a long range and that the Goddess has mastery of the elements of two planets.

Attachment 111563
    Aquaman?!? Really

never forget:

Don't get me wrong, but I don't understand it, I find this very contradictory. Yes I recognize what he did for Storm, but it's just speeches, words and interviews like?? Where was Claremont when Storm was demoted in the comics, and because he let a White Woman have more highlights, get an up (The Fire Chicken), instead of knowing... May Storm be the most powerful woman, the goddness

I have no idea what you're trying to say or prove there.
    That if she really wanted Ororo could propel an asteroid or even better a comet by means of electric propulsion and rare gasses

Don't get me wrong, but I don't understand it, I find this very contradictory. Yes I recognize what he did for Storm, but it's just speeches, words and interviews like?? Where was Claremont when Storm was demoted in the comics, and because he let a White Woman have more highlights, get an up (The Fire Chicken), instead of knowing... May Storm be the most powerful woman, the goddness
    it depends on how you look at this.

jesn, by all purposes, was given a very powerful cosmic being but she ultimately succumbed to its power. ororo, on the other hand, was already at that power level and when tempted to go dark during roguestorm she overcame that temptation. it was because storm has typically chosen her humanity over power that we have not seen such an ascension until recently with hadari yao.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Oh happy 400 pages storm friends!!!!!

Period point blank.

Storm better get some great showings soon. Im tired of the underestimating of her abilities.

jesn, by all purposes, was given a very powerful cosmic being but she ultimately succumbed to its power. ororo, on the other hand, was already at that power level and when tempted to go dark during roguestorm she overcame that temptation. it was because storm has typically chosen her humanity over power that we have not seen such an ascension until recently with hadari yao.
    Yes, but the point I'm getting at is that he barely moved his finger to develop Storm, it was just words, but he didn't show it in the comics, I wanted to know where he was all those years when Ororo was abused, even when the posed to say that she was never a Goddess. And it's also more problematic to get a white woman to level or surpass the power of a black woman, he kind of let that happen. He didn't talk about what he actually showed in the comics, but he only spoke in an interview "I designed her to be the most powerful elemental", great, but because he didn't do great things (He even considered putting Magneto to colonize Mars on his own) , but what about Ororo? Was it just mentions? Roguestorm, Galactic Core was very good, I don't deny it, but why did he stop there? Why did he let them reduce the storm in the comics?

He was always more Magneto, Jean >>>>> Storm

BANNED

Well when she is written constantly to just throw lightning wind and occasionally create rain ofcourse you and many others would question whether she can do such a thing. The fact of the matter is that magneto's abilities is part of her omega powerset she can replicate anything he can do same way Mr M can do what she can do with weather as it's a part of his omega powerset. Hence why we are excited that she is getting a space oriented focus for the next few years.

BANNED

Thanks for enlightening me, my fear is that some Omega Mutant in the Manipulation of Electromagnetism would come and throw Storm aside, some time ago I saw an Magneto fan saying that Magneto was more powerful than Ororo for having full control over the spectrum of electromagnetism , and whatever she would do, he did better.
    Yh magneto fans are a bit out there... I love Erik a lot and I know a full deal on his powerset and even understand the science behind them and to be frank his true power is omega level magnetism not omega level electromagnetism. Magnetism is a sub set of electromagnetism yes having high tier magnetism can enable you to pull of some electromagnetic feats but ultimately you are limited. If magneto had electromagnetism he would have full control over matter not just metal but as we have seen he doesn't even have control over all metals due to some being non magnetic in nature.
    Storm has the full electromagnetic spectrum and the electromagnetic force as part of her omega powerset. That is wayy more impressive than anything Erik can mister and that's just one sub set of her very cvast abilities as her manipulation of energies that govern weather transcends into the exotic as we saw in the trion dimension.

BANNED

That's because unlike jean storm was always bred with insurmountable power. She was until jean because the pheonix the most powerful mutant introduced. And has been consistently pottrayed during claremonts run to be the heaviest hitter in the team.