Page 401 of 772 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451501 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it depends on how you look at this.

jesn, by all purposes, was given a very powerful cosmic being but she ultimately succumbed to its power. ororo, on the other hand, was already at that power level and when tempted to go dark during roguestorm she overcame that temptation. it was because storm has typically chosen her humanity over power that we have not seen such an ascension until recently with hadari yao.
    Are you saying Jean Grey would have ultimately succumbed to her symbiotic relationship with the Phoenix Force and destroyed the D'Bari star system whether Emma Frost and Jason Wyngarde mind raped her or not?

Also see: Mindtap device
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-16-2021 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yes, but the point I'm getting at is that he barely moved his finger to develop Storm, it was just words, but he didn't show it in the comics, I wanted to know where he was all those years when Ororo was abused, even when the posed to say that she was never a Goddess. And it's also more problematic to get a white woman to level or surpass the power of a black woman, he kind of let that happen. He didn't talk about what he actually showed in the comics, but he only spoke in an interview "I designed her to be the most powerful elemental", great, but because he didn't do great things (He even considered putting Magneto to colonize Mars on his own) , but what about Ororo? Was it just mentions? Roguestorm, Galactic Core was very good, I don't deny it, but why did he stop there? Why did he let them reduce the storm in the comics?

He was always more Magneto, Jean >>>>> Storm
    Because one...he doesn't own these characters to do whatever he wants with them, carte blanche
    Because two...he did give her huge amounts of development. It may not have been Cosmic Level power upgrades (I will never understand the obsession with giving a character unlimited boundless power) but it's indisputable that powerless Storm was amazing and as three-dimensional as a comic book character can ever hope to be.
    Because three...Jean was killed of and stayed dead for years (our time) while Storm became the most prominent X-Man, for a time. (In that scenario, Storm clearly wins...even without her mutant power)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

what would she be able to do with cosmic dust
    https://youtu.be/pAZes1R2ljI

Cosmic dust together with hydrogen and helium gas creates stars and planets. The possibilities with this is endless.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Are you saying Jean Grey would have ultimately succumbed to her symbiotic relationship with the Phoenix Force and destroyed the D'Bari star system whether Emma Frost and Jason Wyngarde mind raped her or not?
    I actually believe that that could have happened. The Phoenix Force is not a completely benevolent being. And plays its part in Jean's eventual downfall. (That's why I'm so glad she finally rid herself of it). Some fans carry on as if jean is nothing without the PF...when truth and in fact, the PF is nothing without Jean.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

It was bound to happen... That was the first time the pheonix had possesed an empath as great as jean the overwhelmed emotions along with the manipulation from Emma and Jason rapidly increased her change to dark pheonix. But even without them she still would have gone dark but not as quickly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    https://youtu.be/pAZes1R2ljI

Cosmic dust together with hydrogen and helium gas creates stars and planets. The possibilities with this is endless.
    How Stars Form:

The process of star formation takes around a million years from the time the initial gas cloud starts to collapse until the star is created and shines like the Sun.

It was bound to happen... That was the first time the pheonix had possesed an empath as great as jean the overwhelmed emotions along with the manipulation from Emma and Jason rapidly increased her change to dark pheonix. But even without them she still would have gone dark but not as quickly.
    And, that is pure speculation on your part.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-16-2021 at 06:32 PM.

Yh magneto fans are a bit out there... I love Erik a lot and I know a full deal on his powerset and even understand the science behind them and to be frank his true power is omega level magnetism not omega level electromagnetism. Magnetism is a sub set of electromagnetism yes having high tier magnetism can enable you to pull of some electromagnetic feats but ultimately you are limited. If magneto had electromagnetism he would have full control over matter not just metal but as we have seen he doesn't even have control over all metals due to some being non magnetic in nature.
    Storm has the full electromagnetic spectrum and the electromagnetic force as part of her omega powerset. That is wayy more impressive than anything Erik can mister and that's just one sub set of her very cvast abilities as her manipulation of energies that govern weather transcends into the exotic as we saw in the trion dimension.
    Don't tell me, I know the comic book world thanks to the RPGs I've been in, in all of this I realize Magneto has an arrogant, somewhat toxic fanbase (I heard Magneto was the "Most Powerful Mutant" for nearly three years) when I didn't know much about her powers and Storm.

About Magneto controlling electromagnetism I saw some moments, one of them was when he found a technology to strengthen himself, in which he generated a series of events that one of him was in time (which Ororo couldn't reverse), besides containing two nuclear explosions..

In Defenders, it looks like Al Ewing will bring back Arcane Mystic - Marvel Tarot, will we see the Storm card one more time, or maybe even an update on it?

Attachment 111568
    Attachment 111569

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I did it yall

Yes, but the point I'm getting at is that he barely moved his finger to develop Storm, it was just words, but he didn't show it in the comics, I wanted to know where he was all those years when Ororo was abused, even when the posed to say that she was never a Goddess. And it's also more problematic to get a white woman to level or surpass the power of a black woman, he kind of let that happen. He didn't talk about what he actually showed in the comics, but he only spoke in an interview "I designed her to be the most powerful elemental", great, but because he didn't do great things (He even considered putting Magneto to colonize Mars on his own) , but what about Ororo? Was it just mentions? Roguestorm, Galactic Core was very good, I don't deny it, but why did he stop there? Why did he let them reduce the storm in the comics?

wait who was always like this? Claremont???

I will respond when I get a moment but I do not see that Claremont wrote storm like that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I did it yall

Congratulations and such a nice nickname ……. can’t wait to play this on my ipadpro
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

I did it yall

That's graphic is awesome... I have this game on both my Android phone and tablet and have yet to play it. When I do what do I have to do to get Jean Grey frist?

BANNED

I did it yall

That's graphic is awesome... I have this game on both my Android phone and tablet and have yet to play it. When I do what do I have to do to get Jean Grey frist?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Congratulations and such a nice nickname ……. can’t wait to play this on my ipadpro

thanks boo let me know when you on so I can add you as a friend.

only popular characters made it in this first iteration. you have to download another game if you want that one.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

How Stars Form:

The process of star formation takes around a million years from the time the initial gas cloud starts to collapse until the star is created and shines like the Sun.

Oh ****! Stars take a million years to form?! also human beings can't manipulate the weather?! read minds?! or tear reality apart on an incalculable level?!
    Seriously bruh, use some actual discernment when discussing comic book charachters because let me tell you localised f5 tornadoes do not occur in seconds inside yet storm does that. Aurora's are restricted to the upper latitudes yet she created one over the entire planet, gathered enough hydrogen to surround the surfer and struck him in space in mere moments and oh ABSORBED THE POWER OF A ENTIRE GALACTIC CORE AT ONCE! in all those things she did that in mere moments.... So I do not understand what your end game here is really.

Don't tell me, I know the comic book world thanks to the RPGs I've been in, in all of this I realize Magneto has an arrogant, somewhat toxic fanbase (I heard Magneto was the "Most Powerful Mutant" for nearly three years) when I didn't know much about her powers and Storm.

About Magneto controlling electromagnetism I saw some moments, one of them was when he found a technology to strengthen himself, in which he generated a series of events that one of him was in time (which Ororo couldn't reverse), besides containing two nuclear explosions..
    Ehhhh yh he was stated to be that but then he himself stated storm could take him down all she needed to do was to stop holding back. Now you have to know something yes a nuclear bomb is powerful but it's power is no where near that of an average hurricane. Not even the tsar Bomba. I remember during their earlier encounters he hurt kitty and storm got pissed and attacked him with lightning then he said he can't be hurt by lightning then she stated that lightning is far from her most powerful attack then unleashed a tornado on him, he was forced to defend himself by using colossus against her. And for his doing you have to understand he is or was the big bad of the xmen she was a hero heroes by their very nature have limits often self imposed on their power. I mean of the two only one has been rushed of planet so they could grieve safely.

And yours isn't, because I have on cannon authority that jean as a child was able to involke the pheonix as a 6 year old child simply because she had activated her telepathy. So...... Like I said I do not know what your end game is over here, plus this is a storm thread not a jean thread you can go over to the Jean thread and ask them about this. Whether she is or isn't prone to become dark pheonix is not relevant in the storm thread.

I like this profile of the all goddess

so in regards to magneto you must remember the giant size team was very green and didn't have really any combat training with the exception of Logan. cyclops had to train them and as they got better magneto on a couple of occasions spoke to ororos strength:

in the second scan magneto even states had storm not held back she would have triumphed.

now to Jean you must realize Claremont gave her a huge power up with phoenix. baseline Jean was vastly weaker than storm. when storm fought an imposter Jean she even expresses she is weaker than normal:

...continued from above

yes jean was vastly more powerful when she got possessed (which was meant to put her on storms power level) and even more powerful when she went dark phoenix but also remember Claremont hinted that ororo possessed within herself the same power as dark phoenix when she went roguestorm. it was Piotr who helped stop her from going fully dark by reminding her of what occurred with dark phoenix:

so I disagree with the premise he showed them stronger. storm simply had a better gripe on her humanity which wouldn't allow for her full potential to be achieved.