Page 402 of 772 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412452502 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so in regards to magneto you must remember the giant size team was very green and didn't have really any combat training with the exception of Logan. cyclops had to train them and as they got better magneto on a couple of occasions spoke to ororos strength:

in the second scan magneto even states had storm not held back she would have triumphed.

now to Jean you must realize Claremont gave her a huge power up with phoenix. baseline Jean was vastly weaker than storm. when storm fought an imposter Jean she even expresses she is weaker than normal:

Exactly! Erik has always had respect for storm they talk on even terms always. He even regards her a goddess. Also as we all know he can't handle a lightning bolt unfiltered that's why she was able to take him down when he became an xman with a lightning bolt from the sky directly.
    Side note: alot of people really sleep on the power of a storm, they seem to think it's just wind rain lightning and thunder when as per magneto in the first scan there is soo much more. There are magnetic fields, pressure differentials, kinetic, potential, chemical, electrical, radiant energy, thermal..... They are natural powerful particle accelerators and hold devastating power. An average hurricane has a lot of power and energy , more power than 10,000 nuclear bombs so magneto blocking a nuclear blast is cute but against category 3 hurricane it's a joke. Not to talk of a 4 or 5 or even higher since storm is omega and has no limits. Weather as I have come to understand it universally is basically a system of energy and matter interacting together, when there is a disturbance in said interaction there is a storm. People gotta start reading the comics well before trying to sleep on or low ball storm.

...continued from above

yes jean was vastly more powerful when she got possessed (which was meant to put her on storms power level) and even more powerful when she went dark phoenix but also remember Claremont hinted that ororo possessed within herself the same power as dark phoenix when she went roguestorm. it was Piotr who helped stop her from going fully dark by reminding her of what occurred with dark phoenix:

so I disagree with the premise he showed them stronger. storm simply had a better gripe on her humanity which wouldn't allow for her full potential to be achieved.
    Now that I think about it what was dark pheonix greatest feat, because if I recall her single most devastating show of power was absorbing the power of an entire star causing it to go nova destroying it's planets. Storm has beaten that comfortably in feats with the galactic core alone where she demonstrated the power to summon the total energy of million of stars, planets... Etc. The entire galactic core and she did all that with her inherent mutation and without blowing up the Galaxy. So I wouldn't say dark pheonix was way more powerful.... But white pheonix of the crown is what I would say is waaayy more powerful as she held a galaxy or universe in her palms fixing it.

Storm's greatest feat is in the oft-forgotten Trion dimension story. She overpowered the threefold elemental gods of that dimension, and repaired it as it was fraying apart from it's m-brane. I'd say that's roughly analogous to, or even more impressive, than WPotC's feat. It just happened in a far less renowned run.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm's greatest feat is in the oft-forgotten Trion dimension story. She overpowered the threefold elemental gods of that dimension, and repaired it as it was fraying apart from it's m-brane. I'd say that's roughly analogous to, or even more impressive, than WPotC's feat. It just happened in a far less renowned run.
    I think the reason I never consider that story is because it takes place in a dimension where the X-Men powers aren't working right.

I still consider the Galactic Core feat her biggest power display.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

@patloika -Photographer.
    @brown.suga.outlaw - Model

so in regards to magneto you must remember the giant size team was very green and didn't have really any combat training with the exception of Logan. cyclops had to train them and as they got better magneto on a couple of occasions spoke to ororos strength:

in the second scan magneto even states had storm not held back she would have triumphed.

now to Jean you must realize Claremont gave her a huge power up with phoenix. baseline Jean was vastly weaker than storm. when storm fought an imposter Jean she even expresses she is weaker than normal:

Wow, I hadn't thought about those eyes, but I think characters like Magneto and Jean are overrated, I'm relieved that Storm didn't start out as "the most powerful", but something that was built up little by little, unlike Magneto, who currently I don't see any more grand achievements from him.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Exactly! Erik has always had respect for storm they talk on even terms always. He even regards her a goddess. Also as we all know he can't handle a lightning bolt unfiltered that's why she was able to take him down when he became an xman with a lightning bolt from the sky directly.
    Side note: alot of people really sleep on the power of a storm, they seem to think it's just wind rain lightning and thunder when as per magneto in the first scan there is soo much more. There are magnetic fields, pressure differentials, kinetic, potential, chemical, electrical, radiant energy, thermal..... They are natural powerful particle accelerators and hold devastating power. An average hurricane has a lot of power and energy , more power than 10,000 nuclear bombs so magneto blocking a nuclear blast is cute but against category 3 hurricane it's a joke. Not to talk of a 4 or 5 or even higher since storm is omega and has no limits. Weather as I have come to understand it universally is basically a system of energy and matter interacting together, when there is a disturbance in said interaction there is a storm. People gotta start reading the comics well before trying to sleep on or low ball storm.
    But I realize that she goes beyond Weather Manipulation, I can't wait for them to actually confirm that she is the personification of the force of nature.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

yes. I think a lot of people go by what they have seen on cartoons and/or movies. I think Foxman was perhaps the worst thing that could have happened for storm. it was many people first introduction to the character. to your point about Erik I do think he greatly respects her, perhaps because while they were feared and persecuted she was instead worshipped and respected. it is one of the outliers of many mutant personal dealings with humanity:

Now that I think about it what was dark pheonix greatest feat, because if I recall her single most devastating show of power was absorbing the power of an entire star causing it to go nova destroying it's planets. Storm has beaten that comfortably in feats with the galactic core alone where she demonstrated the power to summon the total energy of million of stars, planets... Etc. The entire galactic core and she did all that with her inherent mutation and without blowing up the Galaxy. So I wouldn't say dark pheonix was way more powerful.... But white pheonix of the crown is what I would say is waaayy more powerful as she held a galaxy or universe in her palms fixing it.
    excellent point. ororo contained the energies of many planets. I think because she only killed it to kill the brood people sleep on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    @patloika -Photographer.
    @brown.suga.outlaw - Model

that scene is going to an iconic point in the modern era of the character. thanks for sharing
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

And yours isn't, because I have on cannon authority that jean as a child was able to involke the pheonix as a 6 year old child simply because she had activated her telepathy. So...... Like I said I do not know what your end game is over here, plus this is a storm thread not a jean thread you can go over to the Jean thread and ask them about this. Whether she is or isn't prone to become dark pheonix is not relevant in the storm thread.
    As a six yrs old child, huh?

Bizarre Adventures #27 (1981)

Apparently, your "cannon authority" lied to you because Jean Grey's X-Gene activated when she was 10 yrs old.

'nuff said
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-17-2021 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Pic(s) and Link(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Wow, I hadn't thought about those eyes, but I think characters like Magneto and Jean are overrated, I'm relieved that Storm didn't start out as "the most powerful", but something that was built up little by little, unlike Magneto, who currently I don't see any more grand achievements from him.
    I understand they both are powerful but would agree they are especially when compared to storm.

storm was intended by her creators to be the most powerful female character and though she may have not been battle ready when she debuted she made it very clear to cyclops age was in full control of her power:

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I think the reason I never consider that story is because it takes place in a dimension where the X-Men powers aren't working right.

thats a fair point.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-17-2021 at 03:56 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

By the way, have you already sent your questions for Al Ewing to answer on Monday at the AIPT?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    As a six yrs old child, huh?

Bizarre Adventures #27 (1981)

Apparently, your "cannon authority" lied to you because Jean Grey's X-Gene activated when she was 10 yrs old.

'nuff said
    Huh, I guess that makes my point invalid then I mean jean was still only 10 when she got the pheonix's attention but I guess that part would elude you. Any ways whatever.

By the way, have you already sent your questions for Al Ewing to answer on Monday at the AIPT?
    Someone should ask him about outlines for his plans for storms development both her divinity and her mutation. No lightning lass for a while please.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

The galactic core feat compared to the trion feat feels more powerful because we simply do not know how big or how powerful the trion gods are. But we have an idea of what a galaxy is and what it entails hence the galactic core feat stands out above all others. But to me her biggest feat was when she hosted eternity.

Someone should ask him about outlines for his plans for storms development both her divinity and her mutation. No lightning lass for a while please.
    Taking into account the last SWORD issue, i can already imagine several questions like these.

The **** was only supposed to have the image of the Sword Storm, I don't know how to use this..

By the way I think we along with the general public need to make it clear we want Storm with BLUE EYES and non-biracial. Sick of them acting like Blue eyes only belong on white people

where is the link to the questions?

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    By the way I think we along with the general public need to make it clear we want Storm with BLUE EYES and non-biracial. Sick of them acting like Blue eyes only belong on white people
    I agree with this. One of my biggest storm pet peeves is when they make her all light skin but want to make her eyes hazel or some shiz. It's like no, darker skin blue eyes. It's okay.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I agree with this. One of my biggest storm pet peeves is when they make her all light skin but want to make her eyes hazel or some shiz. It's like no, darker skin blue eyes. It's okay.
    Which brings up a good question would you rather have an actress with natural blue eyes, contacts, or CGI her eyes blue?