Page 417 of 772 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417418419420421427467517 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,255 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I love that she can summon all that power and energy but put a match to her skin and she'll still burn.
    miss ororo doesn't burn lol

I know she has been burned by in some instances in the past but based upon the amount of energy and heat she channels through her body when using lightning along I don't think she would burn either.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    miss ororo doesn't burn lol

I know she has been burned by in some instances in the past but based upon the amount of energy and heat she channels through her body when using lightning along I don't think she would burn either.
    Oh, I've never seen that scan before! Thanks, Butterflykyss.

I love that she can summon all that power and energy but put a match to her skin and she'll still burn.
    Lol, i get really frustrated with it, Storm is constantly nerfed, hopefully with Al Ewing he explores this cosmic side of her more.

you're welcome boo. I have seen others too. she doesn't burn when exposed to radiation. others had to wear a space suit when Lorna was immersed in it. even a phoenix jean had a suit on but storm just flew in that bish like

and here's another instance in her solo, when she was directly exposed to radiation. Armon (I think that was his name) burned but she didn't:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I pulled this from how science works

"A hurricane also releases energy through the formation of clouds and rain (it takes energy to evaporate all that water). If we crunch the numbers for an average hurricane (1.5 cm/day of rain, circle radius of 665 km), we get a gigantic amount of energy: 6.0 x 10^14 Watts or 5.2 x 10^19 Joules/day!

This is equivalent to about 200 times the total electrical generating capacity on the planet! NASA says that "during its life cycle a hurricane can expend as much energy as 10,000 nuclear bombs!" And we're just talking about average hurricanes here, not Katrina."

storm channeled the energies of not just a hurricane, not just a planet, but billions of planets. that should give us a glimpse as to how powerful the showing was.
    Yes, and taking into account the distance from the entire nucleus to the galacto, plus the time Ororo has before dying from lack of oxygen (about 17, 30 seconds?), I'll bet your powers' reaction even surpassed the speed of the light, she and her powers would have to be very fast, another moment I like is X-men Unlimited.

Attachment 111838

At that moment, Storm should have access to all energies, waves of the electromagnetic field.

@Butterflykyss

I remember those! The Professor being shook by what Storm is doing I missed though lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yes, and taking into account the distance from the entire nucleus to the galacto, plus the time Ororo has before dying from lack of oxygen (about 17, 30 seconds?), I'll bet your powers' reaction even surpassed the speed of the light, she and her powers would have to be very fast, another moment I like is X-men Unlimited.

Attachment 111838

At that moment, Storm should have access to all energies, waves of the electromagnetic field.
    stormy i really don't like that writer lol. pretty sure thats from Scott Lobdell but he was the one who single-handedly nerfed a lot of her abilities after the Claremont run.

he was the one that had her immunity to weather be completely changed. he will never be forgiven for that mess.

@Butterflykyss

I remember those! The Professor being shook by what Storm is doing I missed though lmao.
    I believe its from a limited series that Lobdell wrote back in the 90s. he did a lot to change how her powers worked which I will never appreciate lol.

Attachment 111838

Off topic, but I do wish the energy sight is used more in the future. Let us see the energies that Storm is exposed to.

I believe its from a limited series that Lobdell wrote back in the 90s. he did a lot to change how her powers worked which I will never appreciate lol.
    Wrong poster xD. But as much of a Sin of it is to admit, the more I remember the more I think Lobdell was my first exposure of Storm in the comic format.

stormy i really don't like that writer lol. pretty sure thats from Scott Lobdell but he was the one who single-handedly nerfed a lot of her abilities after the Claremont run.

he was the one that had her immunity to weather be completely changed. he will never be forgiven for that mess.
    Are you supposed to be talking about this moment?

Attachment 111839
    Attachment 111840

Wrong poster xD. But as much of a Sin of it is to admit, the more I remember the more I think Lobdell was my first exposure of Storm in the comic format.
    yes that is why I tell a lot of storm fans who hate on hudlin that lobldell did much more to hurt the character than hudlin ever could have done. his version was the one many readers were first exposed to due to their surge in popularity during the 90s

Claremont made sure to remind the girls she is immune to weather and its effects though:

Off topic, but I do wish the energy sight is used more in the future. Let us see the energies that Storm is exposed to.
    I wish we saw more of her energy sight too. I think the last time we saw this was during the xtreme run.

Are you supposed to be talking about this moment?

Attachment 111839
    Attachment 111840

yes boo I was referring to that crap lol

Lmao I love it. She's burning up so much that professor looks like he has an I.V. of Carolina Reaper juice, yet Scott can hold her without the slightest harm.

Yeah, it's starting to really come back now. I dislike that man.

Not that it matters at this point but did he ever give a reason to why his Storm is so garbage and fly's directly in the face of years of established canon?

I wish we saw more of her energy sight too. I think the last time we saw this was during the xtreme run.

yes boo I was referring to that crap lol
    I wasn't that big of a fan of how it was portrayed in X-Treme if I'm being honest. I mean I'm glad Claremont referenced and expounded on it, but the one-color format felt kind of bland and not realistic at all of how Storm would see the world in energy sight. I like the chaotic hippie rainbow coloring, lol.

Lmao I love it. She's burning up so much that professor looks like he has an I.V. of Carolina Reaper juice, yet Scott can hold her without the slightest harm.

Yeah, it's starting to really come back now. I dislike that man.

Not that it matters at this point but did he ever give a reason to why his Storm is so garbage and fly's directly in the face of years of established canon?
    I dont recall ever reading anything myself but I do believe a storm fan told me that storm was not one of his favorite characters. I couldn't find thst actual interview so im not sure if its true.

given the way he wrote her i wouldn't be surprised if it were true.

I wasn't that big of a fan of how it was portrayed in X-Treme if I'm being honest. I mean I'm glad Claremont referenced and expounded on it, but the one-color format felt kind of bland and not realistic at all of how Storm would see the world in energy sight. I like the chaotic hippie rainbow coloring, lol.
    I like the colors and what not too but I didn't mind the xtreme interpretation. I wonder how modern writers would showcase it now if they were ever to depict it?

off topic I'm ready for xmen Monday lololol

I dont recall ever reading anything myself but I do believe a storm fan told me that storm was not one of his favorite characters. I couldn't find thst actual interview so im not sure if its true.

given the way he wrote her i wouldn't be surprised if it were true.
    It wouldn't surprise me either. Hopefully he never gets to touch her again.

I like the colors and what not too but I didn't mind the xtreme interpretation. I wonder how modern writers would showcase it now if they were ever to depict it?

off topic I'm ready for xmen Monday lololol
    Guess it would depend on the writer/artist communication. There are some artists that might not be able to pull off the hippie coloring and would favor the single-color format. I mean in either case it would be a more current visual to her energy sight so I'd be happy either way.

I'm just waiting to go to bed tonight and wake up tomorrow with the thread being like 7+ pages of discussion.

It wouldn't surprise me either. Hopefully he never gets to touch her again.

Guess it would depend on the writer/artist communication. There are some artists that might not be able to pull off the hippie coloring and would favor the single-color format. I mean in either case it would be a more current visual to her energy sight so I'd be happy either way.

I'm just waiting to go to bed tonight and wake up tomorrow with the thread being like 7+ pages of discussion.
    1. I would be the first one to write a petition if he ever in any capacity came back. who are your least and favorite storm writers?

what story made you start liking storm or how did you come to like her?

2. agreed I would be happy too. didnt they do the funky colors before lobdell or was that the first time her energy sight was depicted like that?

and me too lololol I'm glad to be in good company.

1. I would be the first one to write a petition if he ever in any capacity came back. who are your least and favorite storm writers?

what story made you start liking storm or how did you come to like her?

2. agreed I would be happy too. didnt they do the funky colors before lobdell or was that the first time her energy sight was depicted like that?

and me too lololol I'm glad to be in good company.
    1) Mostly the more current writers. I like Pak and Yost and now obviously Hickman and Ewing. The only older writer I could say besides Claremont would be Ellis from the 90s Storm mini. In terms of Storm's comic history, I am slightly above noob level lmao. Mostly scans and stories from years of lurking various boards and sites.

As for what made me like Storm, I pretty much was in awe from X-men: The Animated Series. Was just sheer luck that my television was on the right channel at the right time and I looked up to see this woman calling up a hurricane.

Later on, after I knew a thing or two, I knew the scene was during the Dark Phoenix saga part of the series.

2) I want to say when Emma took over her body, she also had the multiple color energy sight.