Page 421 of 772 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421422423424425431471521 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 11576
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I wish my friends from Twitter could share some of the creative displays of power they want to see from storm.

from a cosmic perspective I definitely want to see more manipulation of star energy but I am curious to see how he will distinguish bewmtween her regular displays of power and her godhead abilities. this im so ready to see.
    I want to see it increase her stats. Teleportation, Immortality or High Invulnerability, Massive Energy Blasts, Magical Weather like Thor without having to disrupt natural flows, the ability to perceive the entire galaxy or universe as a medium, and affect weather any and everywhere. Turning a star into a tornado would be really cool also.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Well, I definitely feel a sense of relief about Storm's future in the hands of Mr. Ewing. I wasn't really worried but you never really know about these writers. Her entrance could have been a one hit wonder deal. But the fact he seems to be as much of a Storm fanboy as some of us here gives me faith that he's going to do her right.

Now the fact that he's actively been thinking about future feats for her makes me happy but I'm also holding my foot on his neck so to speak. He set the bar high so I'm expecting him to deliver in spades. Storm is in a position of power that would technically allow her to use her powers more 'forcefully' than normally and given her physical position in space she's naturally amped and no longer bound by trying to maintain a fragile ecosystem.

And lastly, I hope he does touch on her godhood and what it does to her powers. He mentioned she was a Goddess and it's a part of her character but I noticed he didn't specifically mention he'd showcase her powers in a divine manner. But I could be over thinking it.

Today is a good day to be a Storm fan that's for damn sure!

Fantastic Member

Is Al Ewing interactive with fans on twitter?
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Fantastic Member

He said he wouod be continuing the legacy that Coates created for her. Coates established that peoples faith in her makes her more powerful. As the Queen of Sol she now is responsible for protecting not only earth, but Arrako and the entire solar system. This is enough faith to probably propel her to defeat the mights of Dormammu or The Living Ego if only the faith from Wakanda allowed her to defeat Adversary.

What happens when you make an Omega Level Mutant even more powerful? You get the OMEGAS OMEGA!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    I want to see it increase her stats. Teleportation, Immortality or High Invulnerability, Massive Energy Blasts, Magical Weather like Thor without having to disrupt natural flows, the ability to perceive the entire galaxy or universe as a medium, and affect weather any and everywhere. Turning a star into a tornado would be really cool also.
    I would be totally all for this!!! if he has her doing a lot of this I would die and the comic community would flip their wigs I would be here for all of it!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I would be totally all for this!!! if he has her doing a lot of this I would die and the comic community would flip their wigs I would be here for all of it!!!
    My first thought when reading what Pop posted was "They really must want to see threads run red with blood from exploding heads".

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Well, I definitely feel a sense of relief about Storm's future in the hands of Mr. Ewing. I wasn't really worried but you never really know about these writers. Her entrance could have been a one hit wonder deal. But the fact he seems to be as much of a Storm fanboy as some of us here gives me faith that he's going to do her right.

Now the fact that he's actively been thinking about future feats for her makes me happy but I'm also holding my foot on his neck so to speak. He set the bar high so I'm expecting him to deliver in spades. Storm is in a position of power that would technically allow her to use her powers more 'forcefully' than normally and given her physical position in space she's naturally amped and no longer bound by trying to maintain a fragile ecosystem.

And lastly, I hope he does touch on her godhood and what it does to her powers. He mentioned she was a Goddess and it's a part of her character but I noticed he didn't specifically mention he'd showcase her powers in a divine manner. But I could be over thinking it.

Today is a good day to be a Storm fan that's for damn sure!
    yes the interview made it pretty clear that al is a fanboy. I mean look at everything we've seen thus far, references to the acanti, parallels in current stories to her roguestorm days, hadari yao. I mean he's giving us her greatest hits over a span of one issue so I can't even fathom what he has in store for her. I knew he wouldn't disappoint but he is definitely exceeding my expectations.

and agreed today and I would go so far as to say the hickman era in general makes it a great time to be a storm fan!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I wish my friends from Twitter could share some of the creative displays of power they want to see from storm.

from a cosmic perspective I definitely want to see more manipulation of star energy but I am curious to see how he will distinguish bewmtween her regular displays of power and her godhead abilities. this im so ready to see.
    I would love to see the Storm interacting with astronomical events in space, starting first with it in space without using any life support, and also influencing / causing / interrupting space events like Nebulae, Black Hole, Gravity, Supernovae... And not forgetting more magical feats, in fact a good thing to see would be her hearing a prayer from someone far away, I wanted to see her transcend dimensions...

My first thought when reading what Pop posted was "They really must want to see threads run red with blood from exploding heads".
    lololololol. right they most certainly would and I hope pop gets all that they have described!!! our goddess deserves it and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I would love to see the Storm interacting with astronomical events in space, starting first with it in space without using any life support, and also influencing / causing / interrupting space events like Nebulae, Black Hole, Gravity, Supernovae... And not forgetting more magical feats, in fact a good thing to see would be her hearing a prayer from someone far away, I wanted to see her transcend dimensions...
    someone needs to sign you to a storm book! asap!

yes the interview made it pretty clear that al is a fanboy. I mean look at everything we've seen thus far, references to the acanti, parallels in current stories to her roguestorm days, hadari yao. I mean he's giving us her greatest hits over a span of one issue so I can't even fathom what he has in store for her. I knew he wouldn't disappoint but he is definitely exceeding my expectations.

and agreed today and I would go so far as to say the hickman era in general makes it a great time to be a storm fan!!!
    Her greatest hits reminded me of what Pak wrote in STORM and he was also a fanboy for the character IIRC. Which is good because he did good by Storm feat wise even if the overall story itself was a bit of a yawn.

ALLLL of this! I'd love for even the basic cosmic stuff to be touched on. Like moving from point A to point B. Without a Krokan flower she's pretty much stranded unless there's a teleporter around. She can ride lightning to travel and there is lightning in space so I'd like to see her maybe ride from mars to Krakoa in true Storm "make an entrance" fashion.

lololololol. right they most certainly would and I hope pop gets all that they have described!!! our goddess deserves it and more!
    She really does! Storm has been needing a level up for ages now. And to be frank I don't want to hear sh!t from N-E one if/when Storm gets those upgrades. Jean (not phoenix) can go toe to toe with a hungry Galactus and reform her own body by siphoning psychic energy, Iceman is immortal and can control an army of ice soldiers, Magneto is just Magneto. I'm not even getting into the others.

I don't think it's too much to ask to let Storm really break free.

BANNED

All forces and elements of cosmic weather. The interstellar and intergalactic medium is just brimming with possibilities. The ort cloud, heliosphere, quasars, galactic cores, nebulae...etc. we are about to witness storm cement her omega omega title.

Her greatest hits reminded me of what Pak wrote in STORM and he was also a fanboy for the character IIRC. Which is good because he did good by Storm feat wise even if the overall story itself was a bit of a yawn.

ALLLL of this! I'd love for even the basic cosmic stuff to be touched on. Like moving from point A to point B. Without a Krokan flower she's pretty much stranded unless there's a teleporter around. She can ride lightning to travel and there is lightning in space so I'd like to see her maybe ride from mars to Krakoa in true Storm "make an entrance" fashion.

She really does! Storm has been needing a level up for ages now. And to be frank I don't want to hear sh!t from N-E one if/when Storm gets those upgrades. Jean (not phoenix) can go toe to toe with a hungry Galactus and reform her own body by siphoning psychic energy, Iceman is immortal and can control an army of ice soldiers, Magneto is just Magneto. I'm not even getting into the others.

I don't think it's too much to ask to let Storm really break free.
    1. yeah I was kinda expecting a bit more story wise from pak. in hindsight he certainly could have done more to make the stories more exciting and ones that were not retelling of past relationships.

2. she's the only one who truly deserves to break free. of the ones you listed all of those characters are just mutants. so the fact they've done all that while the real and true goddess has been sitting on the sidelines is unacceptable. she totally needs to be released from all those things that are holding her back.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    All forces and elements of cosmic weather. The interstellar and intergalactic medium is just brimming with possibilities. The ort cloud, heliosphere, quasars, galactic cores, nebulae...etc. we are about to witness storm cement her omega omega title.
    I'll be happy when we get to see her interact and fight with some of the cosmic heavy weights. Manipulation feats are nice but the real possibilities come from the fights. How do you win against someone who can fly through stars or can shoot enough energy to shatter a planet? How often did pre-Regent Storm face an enemy that she couldn't wipe off the map if she REALLY wanted to? Like common sense wise, not plot wise. Take for example that guy from Marauders when she "Glassed his ass". A proper Storm would have incinerated him on the spot or sent him into orbit.

For the first time in a minute Storm is going to actually have to push her powers to hurt these beings who deal with the daily ravages of space with little to no problem.

1. yeah I was kinda expecting a bit more story wise from pak. in hindsight he certainly could have done more to make the stories more exciting and ones that were not retelling of past relationships.

2. she's the only one who truly deserves to break free. of the ones you listed all of those characters are just mutants. so the fact they've done all that while the real and true goddess has been sitting on the sidelines is unacceptable. she totally needs to be released from all those things that are holding her back.
    I'll be forever tilted that the grand threat turned out to be Kenji. I love Pak's love for the character but that was just insulting. I mean ripping a hole in the ozone layer and magnetic field and holding back a tsunami helped sooth my internal pain, but it was stlll insulting.

LOL I was trying to be nice in case non Storm fan we're peeping in, but I do agree. To bring back an old title that didn't make sense back then but could be applied now, Storm could be the only beyond omega level mutant thanks to her divinity.