Page 422 of 772 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472522 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I'll be happy when we get to see her interact and fight with some of the cosmic heavy weights. Manipulation feats are nice but the real possibilities come from the fights. How do you win against someone who can fly through stars or can shoot enough energy to shatter a planet? How often did pre-Regent Storm face an enemy that she couldn't wipe off the map if she REALLY wanted to? Like common sense wise, not plot wise. Take for example that guy from Marauders when she "Glassed his ass". A proper Storm would have incinerated him on the spot or sent him into orbit.

For the first time in a minute Storm is going to actually have to push her powers to hurt these beings who deal with the daily ravages of space with little to no problem.
    yes the rogues she has do not inspire her to really go all out. I thought death would hsve been a good one but she beat him pretty easily while drunk.

what you mentioned I believe will be what she will encounter with the arrakii for sure. they will push her to go beyond what she has typically had to deal with.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes the rogues she has do not inspire her to really go all out. I thought death would hsve been a good one but she beat him pretty easily while drunk.

what you mentioned I believe will be what she will encounter with the arrakii for sure. they will push her to go beyond what she has typically had to deal with.
    I did enjoy how she beat Death; I just hate they had to take away her powers to show that Storm is tactical enough to use an enemy's own power against them.

I'm hoping that's the case! These mutants are battle hardened and 1000s of years old.

I'll be forever tilted that the grand threat turned out to be Kenji. I love Pak's love for the character but that was just insulting. I mean ripping a hole in the ozone layer and magnetic field and holding back a tsunami helped sooth my internal pain, but it was stlll insulting.

LOL I was trying to be nice in case non Storm fan we're peeping in, but I do agree. To bring back an old title that didn't make sense back then but could be applied now, Storm could be the only beyond omega level mutant thanks to her divinity.
    I didn't even know what a Kenji was before that issue. it seemed to come out of left field. I wonder how much of what he wrote was dictated by editorial. he has Aero doing pretty awesome stuff in her solo and its clear she is a rip-off of storm so it had me wondering why we didn't see some of this in her first ongoing.

its all love between us and other fandoms. I dont want other fandoms in any way to feel unwelcome or uncomfortable but for far too long storm has been overshadowed by characters like Magneto and iceman. in the case of magneto, they pointed to how he always would win against the xmen even with her on the team and with iceman it was because he was an omega and storm was not. So I hope that storm finally getting her proper due and her fans being happy about this wouldn't be off-putting to fans of other characters, especially when factual statements are simply being made. She is the only real god on the list of known omegas from my understanding.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-26-2021 at 12:12 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I didn't even know what a Kenji was before that issue. it seemed to come out of left field. I wonder how much of what he wrote was dictated by editorial. he has Aero doing pretty awesome stuff in her solo and its clear she is a rip-off of storm so it had me wondering why we didn't see some of this in her first ongoing.

its all love between us and other fandoms. I dont want other fandoms in any way to feel unwelcome or uncomfortable but for far too long storm has been overshadowed by characters like Mageto and iceman. in the case of magneto, they pointed to how he always would win against the xmen even with her on the team and with iceman it was because he was an omega and storm was not. So I hope that storm finally getting her proper due snd her fans being happy about this wouldn't be off-putting to fans of other characters, especially when factual statements are simply being made. She is the only real god on the list of known omegas from understanding.
    A god with an omega level mutation >>>>>>>>>>> than entire current omega list.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    A god with an omega level mutation >>>>>>>>>>> than entire current omega list.

its all love between us and other fandoms. I dont want other fandoms in any way to feel unwelcome or uncomfortable but for far too long storm has been overshadowed by characters like Mageto and iceman. in the case of magneto, they pointed to how he always would win against the xmen even with her on the team and with iceman it was because he was an omega and storm was not. So I hope that storm finally getting her proper due snd her fans being happy about this wouldn't be off-putting to fans of other characters, especially when factual statements are simply being made. She is the only real god on the list of known omegas from understanding.
    I'm going to assume most, if not all, of her solo story was directed by editorial. IIRC this was during the same time as they were restarting the MU with - the event name escapes me atm - and Storm's solo was right smack dab in the middle of the overhaul.

Uhh, love is a bit strong of a word to use imo after reading some of the stuff I've read non Storm fans say. I'd use 'appropriately civil', lol. As for Magneto, he won because plot demanded he won. He'd be a sad villain if one person on the team could EZ him in like 2 seconds.

Storm: Beyond Omega Level: Regent of Sol.
    Coming January 2022.
    Let me dream

I'm going to assume most, if not all, of her solo story was directed by editorial. IIRC this was during the same time as they were restarting the MU with - the event name escapes me atm - and Storm's solo was right smack dab in the middle of the overhaul.

Uhh, love is a bit strong of a word to use imo after reading some of the stuff I've read non Storm fans say. I'd use 'appropriately civil', lol. As for Magneto, he won because plot demanded he won. He'd be a sad villain if one person on the team could EZ him in like 2 seconds.

Storm: Beyond Omega Level: Regent of Sol.
    Coming January 2022.
    Let me dream
    I forget the events name as well. I dont remember her book being a part of any event with the exception being Logan death. and you're right magneto was the big bad then so him winning frequently then makes sense.

lolol can I just say the beyond omega never made sense to me lol

I forget the events name as well. I dont remember her book being a part of any event with the exception being Logan death. and you're right magneto was the big bad then so him winning frequently then makes sense.

Well, it wasn't a direct tie in but Storm's solo was one of the books that got the chopping block I believe. And the event was called Secret Wars, I just looked it up.

Lmao! Well, it didn't make sense for Vulcan since Omega meant unlimited potential. So yeah, you can't go beyond unlimited. But in Storm's case her divinity would allow her to be more. To be...........beyond *que dramatic music and light sequence*

Fantastic Member

X-Men was cute for 45 years but I’m glad she doesn’t have to be confined to that role anymore and she can finally reach her full potential as a Goddess, Queen, and Omega.

(Sorry didn’t mean to quote you but it wont let me delete replies on mobile)
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Fantastic Member

Well, it wasn't a direct tie in but Storm's solo was one of the books that got the chopping block I believe. And the event was called Secret Wars, I just looked it up.

Lmao! Well, it didn't make sense for Vulcan since Omega meant unlimited potential. So yeah, you can't go beyond unlimited. But in Storm's case her divinity would allow her to be more. To be...........beyond *que dramatic music and light sequence*
    Yes her Omega Level Mutation allows her to have unlimited power in the physical universe, but her divinity allows her to transcend the physical universe and tap into power from higher realms.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

oh thanks boo. I couldn't remember the event for the life of me.

and hello!!! if the definition of omega then was unlomited power how do you go beyond it?? like make it make sense. i was happy with Hickman correcting all of these writers just using the term to make their fav cool.

and yassss I'm hearing xmen tas music that would play for storm lol

Dear Marvel,
    I’d really love for Ororo to gain at the base level control over all aspects of the elemental spectrum: air, water and fire are definitely in her pocket but earth still seems to elude her somehow….
    Add to this at the top level full ergokinesis and cosmic energy feats……..
    Now sprinkle all over it occasional access to her godly/avatar like state and explore her mystic/exotic side…….
    Last but not least feature her on a monthly basis at minimum on a book with great art and an imaginative writer….
    Congratulations, I’m gonna trow all my money at you!!!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    X-Men was cute for 45 years but I’m glad she doesn’t have to be confined to that role anymore and she can finally reach her full potential as a Goddess, Queen, and Omega.

(Sorry didn’t mean to quote you but it wont let me delete replies on mobile)
    it's ok. I'm happy as you just mentioned her full potential is finally about to be explored. it's been a long time coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Dear Marvel,
    I’d really love for Ororo to gain at the base level control over all aspects of the elemental spectrum: air, water and fire are definitely in her pocket but earth still seems to elude her somehow….
    Now sprinkle all over it occasional access to her godly/avatar like state and explore her mystic/exotic side…….
    Last but not least feature her on a monthly basis at minimum on a book with great art and an imaginative writer….

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Dear Marvel,
    Her fine precision feats reaching atoms, sub atoms like when she faced Silver Surfe, are also welcome.
    Al Ewing has all the tools, books consulted, I can't wait. Her name is Storm and for her there are no limits.