Page 433 of 772 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437443483533 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    At least give us more of this Storm

Damn Right/
    he came to her way to haughty and condescending. he got everything he deserved.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Amazing Member

I wonder what Abigail Brand is planning behind Storm’s back, as seen in the last data page of SWORD #7, where Storm is mentioned in a redacted paragraph and then it says that Brand doesn’t want the Quiet Council to find out what she is doing… I hope she isn’t planning something bad for Storm!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    he came to her way to haughty and condescending. he got everything he deserved.
    Someone in the Doom thread had to mind to say that Doom was more civilized than her and that she was too aggressive...like the nerve and the audacity.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Someone in the Doom thread had to mind to say that Doom was more civilized than her and that she was too aggressive...like the nerve and the audacity.
    It's Storm. Did you expect anything else? Anytime she does something more than shoot lightning or throw some wind around, people are ready to go off.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    so many racist undertones with statement. the man encased her in chrome, held her hostage and used her against tchalla during doomwar, and then talked to her as if she were a child after she graciously accepted his request to dine with her and he acted civilized??? the audacity of people never cease to shock me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I know a lot of Storm fans are loving this moment, and Lord knows Doom needs to be taken down a few pegs every few days, but stomping on his smug elitism with her own elitism made the whole thing feel hollow. Not helping things is that Doom is probably at least partially in the right.

I still don't know what to make of the entire Arrako thing; it feels like kicking Storm upstairs. Technically Storm being on the Council in the first place should have been a big deal, but its amounted to very little, so this could be the same thing. If SWORD ends (its not doing great sales wise) Storm could disappear again. A lot of the stuff with Arrako feels like uncomfortable implications on top of things.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I know a lot of Storm fans are loving this moment, and Lord knows Doom needs to be taken down a few pegs every few days, but stomping on his smug elitism with her own elitism made the whole thing feel hollow. Not helping things is that Doom is probably at least partially in the right.

I still don't know what to make of the entire Arrako thing; it feels like kicking Storm upstairs. Technically Storm being on the Council in the first place should have been a big deal, but its amounted to very little, so this could be the same thing. If SWORD ends (its not doing great sales wise) Storm could disappear again. A lot of the stuff with Arrako feels like uncomfortable implications on top of things.

I think ororo would have been more receptive to his advice had he approached her differently. blaming their initial encounter on a doombot and not taking ownership was already a step in the wrong direction. talking to her as if she was a child and not as an equal really didn't help.

Oh absolutely. That was pretty much standard Doom right there. He talks down to EVERYONE. Again, he's usually in the right, but because he's such a smug, prideful jackass about it nobody listens. Plus he's almost always wrong about being the only one who can solve it.

Oh absolutely. That was pretty much standard Doom right there. He talks down to EVERYONE. Again, he's usually in the right, but because he's such a smug, prideful jackass about it nobody listens. Plus he's almost always wrong about being the only one who can solve it.
    I see. I actually thought if you looked beyond all of his arrogance he had some wisdom in what he was saying. a part of me would have liked for her to be able to separate the two and perhaps she deed take herd yo his warning but I thought with all doom has done to her in their history that bolt was the least she could have done.

I see. I actually thought if you looked beyond all of his arrogance he had some wisdom in what he was saying. a part of me would have liked for her to be able to separate the two and perhaps she deed take herd yo his warning but I thought with all doom has done to her in their history that bolt was the least she could have done.
    She definitely took his warning to heart i think the problem storm had is he came in there judging and not only judging but basically amounting them to children. How can you work with someone on equal footing if they think or refer to you as a child? But either way it was very doom and i loved it. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    She definitely took his warning to heart i think the problem storm had is he came in there judging and not only judging but basically amounting them to children. How can you work with someone on equal footing if they think or refer to you as a child? But either way it was very doom and i loved it. lol
    exactly that was the only issue. u do hope you are right that she heeded his warning because it sounded like there was foreshadowing there of things to come. and yea I wouldn't expect him to come in any other way but I dont think ororo was wrong in her response and tone considering their history.

and this is how you make a clap back pay attention girls:

Wait so Doom's wife done slept with Johnny fine ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I didn’t mean today’s today issue, I meant “today” as general time period
    I’m left continually starved for the good stuff, I have money to spend but no comics to buy

I’d buy a whole mini about Ororo dealing with mars terraforming, I’m a glutton
    A whole Regent of Sol series!!!!

If SWORD ends (its not doing great sales wise) Storm could disappear again. A lot of the stuff with Arrako feels like uncomfortable implications on top of things.
    SWORD not doing well in sales? But it's one of the best X-Men titles, I hope they don't cancel.

Doom didn’t go there to give advice, rightfully or wrongfully. He went there seeking something in return for it. Of course, knowing Doom, Storm already knew that would be the case. But offered him a nice dinner anyway. When he proved to her to be just what she thought he would be, she dealt with him appropriately. The Mutants now have a new status, and Doom, as usual, sought to place himself above it all. Storm put Doom, and therefore everyone else on notice. Not today britches!