Page 434 of 772 FirstFirst ... 334384424430431432433434435436437438444484534 ... LastLast
Results 6,496 to 6,510 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Wait so Doom's wife done slept with Johnny fine ass?
    yes ma'am lololol thats why storms response was perfect!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    Doom didn’t go there to give advice, rightfully or wrongfully. He went there seeking something in return for it. Of course, knowing Doom, Storm already knew that would be the case. But offered him a nice dinner anyway. When he proved to her to be just what she thought he would be, she dealt with him appropriately. The Mutants now have a new status, and Doom, as usual, sought to place himself above it all. Storm put Doom, and therefore everyone else on notice. Not today britches!
    nothjijg but fact and that babe is on period!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    This is talking about when she was bond to the baby Acanti. The CoTC 2 story left it kind of open that her Acanti child have been captured by the Brood.

At least give us more of this Storm

Damn Right/
    Not really this scan said those beings move FTL. The scan also said Storm can perceive/react to them. This only means her speed in space is heavily boosted to LS to FTL speeds.

Here are some possibilities below

1. The scan said something about the electrical caress of interstellar winds against her body. My guess is Storm's electrical currents in her brain were boosted in space because of those interstellar winds. She probably using them like a Raikage or Black Lightning type of technique which enhances her perception/reaction speed/Thought Process.

2. It is stated Tachyons travel faster than light. Storm's powers adapt to wherever she goes. Tachyons are supposed to be subatomic particles close to an electron but massively faster. They're supposed to be like spacelike energy for time travel, wormholes and etc. We all know Storm powers adapt so she could be self consciously using these particles without even knowing it and it's temporarily changing her body in space.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Not really this scan said those beings move FTL. The scan also said Storm can perceive/react to them. This only means her speed in space is heavily boosted to LS to FTL speeds.

Here are some possibilities below

1. The scan said something about the electrical caress of interstellar winds against her body. My guess is Storm's electrical currents in her brain were boosted in space because of those interstellar winds. She probably using them like a Raikage or Black Lightning type of technique which enhances her perception/reaction speed/Thought Process.

2. It is stated Tachyons travel faster than light. Storm's powers adapt to wherever she goes. Tachyons are supposed to be subatomic particles close to an electron but massively faster. They're supposed to be like spacelike energy for time travel, wormholes and etc. We all know Storm powers adapt so she could be self consciously using these particles without even knowing it and it's temporarily changing her body in space.
    Good point, in Uncanny X-men #166 they say they run on FTL trip

Attachment 111949

Incredible Member

Yep and Tachyons are FTL. You have to be FTL to even perceive those. Even more, confirmed in the scan also confirming that with the speed of the Acanti to be FTL.

This means Storm's solar winds boosted her speed to FTL in reaction and flight or She is manipulating tachyons to perceive them.

Keep in mind this is fiction so in reality, solar wind is probably not even light speed and we don't know if tachyons exist or not. Anything going beyond light literally can't exist. This means Storm literally exists in the scan and doesn't at the same time.

I don't really know where to talk about this, since there's not really an Arrako topic, so if its off base to bring it up here I can delete this. But I find the whole deal with the people and the planet to be filled with uncomfortable racial implications. You've got this big group with a vague North African/Egyptian theme, but make them all ugly and violent and incapable of dealing with 'civilized' modern world. So they effectively exile them to their own planet to get them out of the way, and put Storm, the most prominent black woman in the X-men (if not all of comics) to rule over/babysit them. Do you see what I mean? If anything Storm being charge of them now feels even more uncomfortable for me.

It doesn't help that we've gotten almost no characterization of the nation outside a couple leaders. They might as well all be furniture or dolls at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I still don't know what to make of the entire Arrako thing; it feels like kicking Storm upstairs. Technically Storm being on the Council in the first place should have been a big deal, but its amounted to very little, so this could be the same thing. If SWORD ends (its not doing great sales wise) Storm could disappear again. A lot of the stuff with Arrako feels like uncomfortable implications on top of things.
    Its uncharted territory I am willing to see on Next Sword Issue and I screamed when Brand mentioned she should speak with the great ring or something if they become a main stay all the better -- those are powerful allies hopefully in Krakoa's favor -- its gonna be a waste to not use them -- i mean its new character building opportunity for writers to go crazy about and link toward the X-men mythos -- x will never get repeats I still love it 😏

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Wait so Doom's wife done slept with Johnny fine ass?
    Johnny is triyng his best to outpace Tony Stark in the doorknob department.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-29-2021 at 06:17 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I don't really know where to talk about this, since there's not really an Arrako topic, so if its off base to bring it up here I can delete this. But I find the whole deal with the people and the planet to be filled with uncomfortable racial implications. You've got this big group with a vague North African/Egyptian theme, but make them all ugly and violent and incapable of dealing with 'civilized' modern world. So they effectively exile them to their own planet to get them out of the way, and put Storm, the most prominent black woman in the X-men (if not all of comics) to rule over/babysit them. Do you see what I mean? If anything Storm being charge of them now feels even more uncomfortable for me.

It doesn't help that we've gotten almost no characterization of the nation outside a couple leaders. They might as well all be furniture or dolls at this point.
    I’m reserving judgment on the Arrakko for when they get explored, which Ewing says he’s going to do. When it comes to Storm leading them, I see it as an evolution of her situation with the Morlocks. It’s definitely an upgrade considering she’s been playing second fiddle to Kitty for the past couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes ma'am lololol thats why storms response was perfect!
    Queen of Sass with just two words -- So soon? 😎

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Considering we really don't know anything about them other than the few Arakki we've encountered on an occasional basis. I'll give you violent...because that is their nature (of what we know so far) and history as a people but not ugly by any stretch of the term. Isca nor Bei are "ugly". Even Lactuca, Xilo and Sobunar can't be objectively called "ugly"...different, alien, strange but not ugly.

But...if that's how some want to see them and interpret the scenario...
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-28-2021 at 07:56 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m reserving judgment on the Arrakko for when they get explored, which Ewing says he’s going to do. When it comes to Storm leading them, I see it as an evolution of her situation with the Morlocks. It’s definitely an upgrade considering she’s been playing second fiddle to Kitty for the past couple of years.
    They should stop baby sitting kitty -- the girl is a hopeless case �������� but I agree on how you see Arakko as potential Morlocks upgrade and finally no sewers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and this is how you make a clap back pay attention girls:

How is Namor (the one character I hated for the entire 2021) is the 1 character I want to thank for that laugh 😂🤣😂🤣 perfect

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I love that it's in essence a reversal of their "dinner" in the classic Rogue Storm arc.

And maybe I've missed a panel or read something wrong in S 07 so please correct me if I'm wrong but...where does it say that Storm is "ruling/babysitting" the Arakkii?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-28-2021 at 08:17 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Oh, it reminded me (not that you made it in your comment) some Storm haters saying that her choice as Queen of Arakko was a bad choice, which means Arakkis "are too much" for her to handle (All these conclusions drawn from Xmens vs Inhumans Comics, where the whole script is bad). You made a good point, but I think they're not wrong to do that, although the way they approached it was questionable, Arakkos needs a title of its own to somehow not overshadow Krakoa (this year has too many themes, elements for a few pages , if you know what I mean), then their solo would be better (and of course with Storm)

Also, the Arakkos are a dominant people because of their culture, strength, determination are words that define them well, that's because of their own culture, not because they are wild people (which would be an interpretation of the land people in them. ), their aggressive path towards Earth could be a problem for Krakoa, specifically with political issues, they are new to this world, they wanted to take control of Earth, so why not give them a planet? Storm was the right mutant to be in this position of queen, as she is an influencer (and not being influenced by Arakko like some characters I won't name could be) ..

I believe that Storm is and is being well written as a queen so far, but my fear is that she will be caught by a bad writer and make her empire to decay and start blaming her way of leading a people, was the reason for this ruin.