Page 439 of 772 FirstFirst ... 339389429435436437438439440441442443449489539 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 11576

I know she broke the sound barrier but when has she flown at the speed of lightning?

I know she riden a lightning bolt to the edge of space but the exact speed was never giving.

I can go with it being lightning speed.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-29-2021 at 09:18 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I found this scan a while back in xmen 105 on how fast the speed of thought is:

personally I took this as evidence that her powers activate extremely fast as it has been characterized many times her powers activate in less than a conscious thought. however, this could be hyperbole. nevertheless how powers dont take time as some in world would like us to believe.
    Yes, I remember you once posted this image here, which reinforces that Ororo's powers are much more complex than those of a telepath, as she is constantly connected with the elements.
    Attachment 111996
    I could be wrong, but putting it all together, you can deduce that your powers are faster than telepaths (I know there's nothing confirmed, just a puzzle that has to be pieced together).

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    If you like we can move this Monica conversation to her thread. No need to clog up Storms Appreciation thred.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-2021/page28
    Of course, Monica is one of my favorite heroines, she deserved a solo comic.

Ororo may not fly at FTL speed, but the reaction his powers operate might be yes, it's all real research, and little moments like the one in Song of the Acantis and Galactic Core.

It wasn't just the ship. she explicitly calls out microclimate that speak to the individual ship's environment at the very end but she starts off by saying she has to develop a rapport with so many energies which indicates all the energies within that space. that is the part that is similar or relevant to what she did with galatic core.

you could still argue that her to accommodate for the speeds at which lightning moves would still be less than light speed. I dont think frictional forces of air and removing it would put lightning at the speed of light. I could be wrong here but that doesn't sound likely.
    The 'microclimates' she's referring to are the ships' individual artificial atmospheres. She had to connect with and take over each of them. There are far fewer targets and far less distance involved here than compared to the galactic core feat. One could postulate it took a few minutes for her to do it in this case because they were unnatural.

And in regards to lightning and its speed, air resistance definitely plays a role in it because natural lightning essentially tunnels/burns through the air(making the individual steps and forked branches), and then once the connection is fully established (of ionized air), the full cascade of charge differential is released(maybe even a couple of times, producing a flickering bolt). The tunneling is what slows down the overall speed. Electromagnetic wave propagation is dependent on resistance. Its speed would vary in a vacuum, in a good conductor, in a bad conductor; for example.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

I know she broke the sound barrier but when has she flown at the speed of lightning?

I know she riden a lightning bolt to the edge of space but the exact speed was never giving.

If she rode a lightning bolt then it's the speed of lightning????
    Also the average speed of lightning according to new data I think from Harvard is mach 1000+. But Lightning has no definite speed it can go as low as mach 100 and reach some percent of light speed. It all depends on the power of the bolt.

We do not talk about this scan enough. I'm not focused on her doing the galactic core. I'm talking about her energy durability. This woman was channeling and manipulating energy from millions of stars, planets, and more. Her body was still intact despite all the HEAT, GRAVITY, MASSIVE ENERGY, and more. Not to mention she turned into a literally Star not turned into dust and was unfazed by the harsh colds of space while severely weak.

It is impressive. That sort of durability should confer to her every day. That said, while she did endure that initial scenario unscathed, presumably afterwards her body did begin to deteriorate because she had to be regenerated inside of the Acanti. I always interpret this as a suicide attempt, for breaking her vow to never kill[she herself should perish]. She somehow deactivated her body's natural defenses and just let go.

Last edited by yogaflame; 07-30-2021 at 06:26 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    If she rode a lightning bolt then it's the speed of lightning????
    Actually no. That's like saying every time she rides wind, she moves at its max speed. Her powers allow her to adjust the speed she flies at. While we have some pics of her cracking the sound barrier (770 mph), while having a lightning trail behind her. We dont know if that was lightning speed or even her top speed. (One of the reason I miss caption description boxes).

Also the average speed of lightning according to new data I think from Harvard is mach 1000+. But Lightning has no definite speed it can go as low as mach 100 and reach some percent of light speed. It all depends on the power of the bolt.
    Yeah, I know. Thanks

We do not talk about this scan enough. I'm not focused on her doing the galactic core. I'm talking about her energy durability. This woman was channeling and manipulating energy from millions of stars, planets, and more. Her body was still intact despite all the HEAT, GRAVITY, MASSIVE ENERGY, and more. Not to mention she turned into a literally Star not turned into dust and was unfazed by the harsh colds of space while severely weak.
    Every time i read that, i think Storm is a cosmic being
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-30-2021 at 08:24 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member

[QUOTE=LordAllMIghty;5657057]Actually no. That's like saying every time she rides wind, she moves at its max speed. Her powers allow her to adjust the speed she flies at. While we have some pics of her cracking the sound barrier (770 mph), while having a lightning trail behind her. We dont know if that was lightning speed or even her top speed. (One of the reason I miss caption description boxes).

Lightning has no definite speed. Just because she was going the maximum speed doesn't mean anything. In fact, we don't know the maxed-out speed of lightning since it has reached even a percent of light speed. As I stated the average speed of lightning is mach 1000+. So the comparison to wind did no justice. Either way it's still Massively Hypersonic. There is no hypersonic level of speed for the lightning bolt. There is not transonic level of speed like winds for the lightning bolt.

Speaking of flight speed, I absolutely hate that "travel as fast as any wind can" nonsense they tried to tack on to her cause that made her seem like a slug lmao.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

I'm kinda unclear on the discussion. Are we saying that storm thoughts are not speed of thought? I thought all thoughts simply occur at that speed based upon how it is defined canonically
    a baseline human thoughts would move at the speed of light:

Oh, and in X-treme, Storm was faster than Emma, ​​​​if you consider that Frost was already in Ororo's mind or about to enter, Storm had to act faster than her telepathy
    Attachment 112026

Good moments of her riding in the lightning, I only know these:
    Attachment 112024
    Attachment 112025

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

What the effineffeffdoublepost?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-30-2021 at 10:40 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The 'microclimates' she's referring to are the ships' individual artificial atmospheres. She had to connect with and take over each of them. There are far fewer targets and far less distance involved here than compared to the galactic core feat. One could postulate it took a few minutes for her to do it in this case because they were unnatural.

And in regards to lightning and its speed, air resistance definitely plays a role in it because natural lightning essentially tunnels/burns through the air(making the individual steps and forked branches), and then once the connection is fully established (of ionized air), the full cascade of charge differential is released(maybe even a couple of times, producing a flickering bolt). The tunneling is what slows down the overall speed. Electromagnetic wave propagation is dependent on resistance. Its speed would vary in a vacuum, in a good conductor, in a bad conductor; for example.
    1. I agree with you on your points made. it is not as vast for sure but I still believe the feats are similar.

2. I would take your word here as I don't know for sure but I thought I've read the accurate speed to measure light would be in a perfect vacuum which as you know simply doesn't exist on earth. all in all, I think it's fair to say her ability to process information would have to be fast considering her feats in the past even if went can't canonically quantify as being just as fast as the speed of light (though I think you and others make a good argument).
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Claremont is the God of Hyperbole.
    And while his "science" isn't always 100% factual or even plausible, and should be digested with more than a few grains of salt...It does make for engaging and highly imaginative storytelling.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Oh, and in X-treme, Storm was faster than Emma, ​​​​if you consider that Frost was already in Ororo's mind or about to enter, Storm had to act faster than her telepathy
    Attachment 112026

Good moments of her riding in the lightning, I only know these:
    Attachment 112024
    Attachment 112025
    I always love seeing storm put Emma in her place!!! hehe!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Claremont is the God of Hyperbole. And while it's not always 100% factual or even plausible, and has to be digested with more than few grains of salt, it really does make for great and very imaginative story-telling.
    You still haven't explained your logic as to why storm shouldn't have an increase in strength, durability and speed in her god mode.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Speaking of flight speed, I absolutely hate that "travel as fast as any wind can" nonsense they tried to tack on to her cause that made her seem like a slug lmao.
    The wind is very fast and can go as high as the speed of sound. But if we are being honest in space of she rides she would be monstrously fast if she rides stellar win which can top 3 million kilometers per second
    if she rides that in her current form she may die.