Page 441 of 772 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Personally, I would love to see her teleporting through the EM field of the planet.
    Wormhole creation like magneto. Ewing did stress he is writing a very powerful version so we would wait and see.

Question for the thread: Would you be opposed or approve if Storm got tutored on or off panel by characters like Magneto, Bobby, Gabriel (Vulcan) in using her abilities that overlap with theirs?

Just curious to see everyone's opinions.

BANNED

Personally, I would love to see her teleporting through the EM field of the planet.
    If I recall correctly that was a subset of Siena Blaze -- her mutant ability was anything else but harmless to the Earth's ecosystem.

See: X-Men Unlimited #1 | June 1993
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-30-2021 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Incredible Member

I wouldn't call this teleporting though. She's moving physically at light speed through a spectrum (Since everything in the EM field is Light Speed). Teleporting is more about manipulating space so you can't physically occupy the space between or instantaneous speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Question for the thread: Would you be opposed or approve if Storm got tutored on or off panel by characters like Magneto, Bobby, Gabriel (Vulcan) in using her abilities that overlap with theirs?

I don't like the idea of Storm being tutored by either of those characters or at all for that matter and I question weather Mags or Vulcan truly have any insights to offer her at this point. If she were to be tutored in anything, it should magic or something to do with her divinity.

Incredible Member

I would not think Storm would overlap them. I'll explain below with the tutoring part.

I'm confused as to why she would need training from Bobby? I mean he asked her personally to train him. The only thing Bobby can do Storm can't is transform and make minions. Absolute Zero is debatable if you take into consideration the scan of her making the coldest temperatures possible.

Storm has already replicated several Magneto feats. Obviously, writers know they share a power source the EM Spectrum so writers obviously aren't going to make Storm a fellow mutant better than the deemed "master of EM Spectrum" Which is why whenever (this is what I observe and my opinion) Storm is around other elementals she is often downplayed in power.

Also, Vulcan would be a good one though. I would say Storm is just as good as manipulating energy it's just that Vulcan has more feats and isn't scaled back power level-wise to be consistent with a team. For example, in show fights, Wolverine would have a better showing than Storm in a fight. Obviously, this is the plot because we know who is stronger. It's the same as letting Captain Ameria or Black Widow shine when you're on a team with Hulk and Thor.
    Last edited by KLY360; 07-30-2021 at 02:58 PM.

I would love to see things like that. Especially since there are things they each could show each other. A mental training issue would be cool. Like i could imagine them bringing up their energy and storm being able to perceive it's color or shape, she might tell them something about it they don't know and they could help her dig deeper. Storm thought she had complete control of her powers but we know Storm had complete control of her powers in the environment she was in.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    I would not think Storm would overlap them. I'll explain below with the tutoring part.

I'm confused as to why she would need training from Bobby? I mean he asked her personally to train him. The only thing Bobby can do Storm can't is transform and make minions. Absolute Zero is debatable if you take into consideration the scan of her making the coldest temperatures possible.

Storm has already replicated several Magneto feats. Obviously, writers know they share a power source the EM Spectrum so writers obviously aren't going to make Storm a fellow mutant better than the deemed "master of EM Spectrum" Which is why whenever (this is what I observe and my opinion) Storm is around other elementals she is often downplayed in power.

Also, Vulcan would be a good one though. I would say Storm is just as good as manipulating energy it's just that Vulcan has more feats and isn't scaled back power level-wise to be consistent with a team. For example, in show fights, Wolverine would have a better showing than Storm in a fight. Obviously, this is the plot because we know who is stronger. It's the same as letting Captain Ameria or Black Widow shine when you're on a team with Hulk and Thor.
    This makes me wonder, how cold can cold can one make it in space or if the vacuum of space would just absorb the energy.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This makes me wonder, how cold can cold can one make it in space or if the vacuum of space would just absorb the energy.
    Now, that's a damn good question... But, some entertain the idea that Storm would probably operate on a different scale while in space and most likely would manipulate solar wind to achieve levels of cold far beyond that of absolute zero.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-30-2021 at 04:25 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Present for the thread.
    Attachment 112032
    thats fabulous I love the fierceness in the face. she is looking like I don't have time for you peasants lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I’ll take it bi-weekly please!
    yes indeed boo.

Yep, on the 29th for crying out loud.
    thats so far away..... **tears**

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    So no storm till then?! Well that would suck.
    yes ugh.... I hate it here lol
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-30-2021 at 04:55 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Interesting and good question. Before I answer I just wanted to point Iceman canonically did ask Ororo for training in using his powers:

Now in terms of them training her I honestly do not think there is anything they could train her in when utilizing her powers as she has always been in full control of it as she stated early on when she first joined the xmen:

That said, i would love a conversation with either of those heroes asking her why doesn't she explore using her powers differently. This conversation could broaden her mind to some of the full possibilities of what she could do. The fact we haven't seen her do anything like this yet is a crime:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

I also want to say that it's not about tutoring too. It's about the laziness of the writers. Some have admitted they do not know how to write her so instead of educating themselves... She's given just wind and lightning.

I also want to say that it's not about tutoring too. It's about the laziness of the writers. Some have admitted they do not know how to write her so instead of educating themselves... She's given just wind and lightning.
    yes. I appreciate their honesty but thats not cute.

also her powers are different in how the work. she is actually connected to the elements and the reflect her emotions. this is what I love about her that is her powers are very unique to her; other elementals whose powers overlap with her dont necessarily use their powers in the manner in which she does.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-30-2021 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Interesting and good question. Before I answer I just wanted to point Iceman canonically did ask Ororo for training in using his powers:

Now in terms of them training her I honestly do not think there is anything they could train her in when utilizing her powers as she has always been in full control of it as she stated early on when she first joined the xmen:

That said, i would love a conversation with either of those heroes asking her why doesn't she explore using her powers differently. This conversation could broaden her mind to some of the full possibilities of what she could do. The fact we haven't seen her do anything like this yet is a crime:

I'd never seen the actual scan before but I've heard Bobby once asked Ororo to tutor him which is what originally sparked my idea. However, I'm cringing at the art! Storm's brown eyes and both their faces. #aMess

Perhaps the using the word 'tutor' was a mistake. I should have said 'discuss' or something along those lines since tutoring does imply that Storm would lack sufficient knowledge about that area of her powers. So, apologies for that if you or anyone else was offended.

That scan with Gladiator would be perfect for her to replicate again now that she's in radiation central aka outer space.

I understand what you're saying and I agree. However, even with just wind and lightning Storm would be incredibly powerful. So, you are spot on with your assessment about lazy writers.
    Last edited by Subliminally; 07-30-2021 at 05:19 PM.