Page 445 of 772 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495545 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Someone posted about Superhero Squad and it made me nostalgic. Anyone else ever watch this show? What did you think of Storm’s portrayal?

I used to watch it and haven't seen it in ages though. her and bp were so cute on the show.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    storm is energy manipulator whose abilities manifest in weather phenomenon. that is why we see her do many things beyond just weather.

Not trying to be rude but every mutant if you really think about it is a energy/force manipulator. Matter = energy. Every mutant has a special focus of energy and force manipulation. Whether it be Iceman’s thermal energy manipulation, Jean’s psionic energy, Gambits kinetic energy, Magneto’s electromagnetism, etc.

Storm’s powers manifest specifically as manipulation of weather and any application you see of her power can indeed be classified under weather even if seems it doesn’t because weather is complex system that affects the entire universe. So while “Weather” is her specific classification. It encompasses so many others areas where as most other mutants are more limited in what they can do. Now she does have a lineage that supports the use of magic and her godhood which allows her to do things that aren’t specifically weather related but that’s not from her mutation.
    Last edited by Idiopop; 08-01-2021 at 03:17 PM.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    Not trying to be rude but every mutant if you really think about it is a energy/force manipulator. Matter = energy. Every mutant has a special focus of energy and force manipulation. Whether it be Iceman’s thermal energy manipulation, Jean’s psionic energy, Gambits kinetic energy, Magneto’s electromagnetism, etc.

Storm’s powers manifest specifically as manipulation of weather and any application you see of her power can indeed be classified under weather even if seems it doesn’t because weather is complex system that affects the entire universe. So while “Weather” is her specific classification. It encompasses so many others areas where as most other mutants are more limited in what they can do.
    I can understand the logic here as it all is energy but I do think the application is different. most mutants when using their powers have to exert their will to create said effect. when gambit charges objects by playing with their kinetic energy his is doing just that. however, storm is actually connected to the energies she commands. they are a part of her and she it which makes her abilities uniquely different. moreover, canonically her powers are stated as being the manipulation of energy and natural forces resulting in weather phenomenon. whereas gambit is specific to kinetic, iceman to removing heat/energy, Jean to tp/tk, Magneto to em energies, storm's powers allows her to manipulate multiple forms of energy including some of the aforementioned mutants.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I don't want Storm to be overpowered. I'd want her to be more like Goku and Vegeta on Dragon Ball if any of you know about that anime. They are good strong fighters but they lose battles at times but they learn from the battle they lost and grow stronger and learn new abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    But that's just it. People like Doom and Ironman already have a baseline of defense that people would have to overcome in order to defeat them. As you said, winning or losing is based off how the writer wants the story to unfold. In Storm's case however, the fact that she hasn't been sniped out of the sky in the middle of a battle is mind boggling. Even as recently as HiX-Man when she was shot with that techno organic virus, that could have easily been any number of energy beams and fried her on the spot. I'm just applying that type of energy to what and who she may be facing in space.

I mean yeah Ewing could establish that her natural immunity to the elements grants her the ability to deep dive in cosmic radiation/use cosmic energy with no ill effects. However, if we stick her in a fight with any number of the more established cosmic characters, she'd have to immediately go on the defensive.

I also would like to read interesting stories but I want the stories to make sense. If she's fighting a person who in canon can go toe to toe with other cosmic powerhouses then you'd have to wonder why they haven't sent Storm's head back to Earth already with a single punch. She doesn't need to be able to tank the Hulk without issue but it would be nice if a well-aimed rock couldn't KO her.
    I don't know i just assume a lot i guess. Like most energy beams aren't going to hurt storm unless they are force. I mean she is pretty immune to all energy as all energy is used in some form to create weather phenomenon it's just a point of her being ready for it in my opinion. Though physical force is what i think her weakness is and of course viruses as we saw.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

If you're going to debate me at least use scans and not post from Wikis

For one Storm manipulates the energies that govern the weather. She controls the forces of the universe.

1. Thermal energy
    2. Radiant energy
    3. Chemical energy
    4. Nuclear energy
    5. Electrical energy
    6. Motion energy
    7. Sound energy
    8. Elastic energy
    9. Gravitational energy (Thunderstorms and stuff like weather fronts include gravity)
    10. Electromagnetic Energy
    11. Magnetic Energy
    12. Mechanical Energy

She has shown without doing the Weather effects she can control these energies.
    Last edited by KLY360; 08-01-2021 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post

For one Storm manipulates the energies that govern the weather

1. Thermal energy
    2. Radiant energy
    3. Chemical energy
    4. Nuclear energy
    5. Electrical energy
    6. Motion energy
    7. Sound energy
    8. Elastic energy
    9. Gravitational energy (Thunderstorms and stuff like weather fronts include gravity)

correct. she perceives energy and natural forces (which includes all the above) that are hers to command. I find this scan so useful because it nicely sums up how her powers work.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I can understand the logic here as it all is energy but I do think the application is different. most mutants when using their powers have to exert their will to create said effect. when gambit charges objects by playing with their kinetic energy his is doing just that. however, storm is actually connected to the energies she commands. they are a part of her and she it which makes her abilities uniquely different. moreover, canonically her powers are stated as being the manipulation of energy and natural forces resulting in weather phenomenon. whereas gambit is specific to kinetic, iceman to removing heat/energy, Jean to tp/tk, Magneto to em energies, storm's powers allows her to manipulate multiple forms of energy including some of the aforementioned mutants.
    Yes, I agree, we’re basically saying the same thing in different ways. At the end of the day it’s all just energy.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I don't want Storm to be overpowered. I'd want her to be more like Goku and Vegeta on Dragon Ball if any of you know about that anime. They are good strong fighters but they lose battles at times but they learn from the battle they lost and grow stronger and learn new abilities.
    But what exactly is overpowered when so far shes been written incredibly weak from where she SHOULD be?

I want to see her at her most powerful atleast a few times because every other character gets story arcs or moments. Its about Storm got hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    But what exactly is overpowered when so far shes been written incredibly weak from where she SHOULD be?

I want to see her at her most powerful atleast a few times because every other character gets story arcs or moments. Its about Storm got hers.
    great question! actually excellent question. I would love to hear how she is overpowered from those who think she is.

The biggest problem is when, they don't use their powers creatively, she loses a fight where she was just using a specific skill, or an example is in Coates run where he made Storm need Monica to bring down a ship, I understand that the proposal is to show the collective work, but this is very frustrating, they always reduce it
    to moments like this, in order not to steal all the highlights (FROM NOW, SHE URGENTLY NEEDS ONE OR MULTIPLE SOLOS)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post

Storm’s powers manifest specifically as manipulation of weather and any application you see of her power can indeed be classified under weather even if seems it doesn’t because weather is complex system that affects the entire universe. So while “Weather” is her specific classification. It encompasses so many others areas where as most other mutants are more limited in what they can do. Now she does have a lineage that supports the use of magic and her godhood which allows her to do things that aren’t specifically weather related but that’s not from her mutation.
    I think that is why storm's abilities when written at the true potential is essentially limitless, because like you pointed out matter is energy ultimately and most heroes have a more specific sources or specialities but weather is very encompassing and touches on a lot of areas in the realm of energy like take iceman and magneto for example their sources of energy is thermal and magnetism respectively these sources of energy are solely responsible for all that they can do yet storm can also tap into these forces and can use them together at the same time. This can potentially lead to interesting feats if explored. Jean uses psionic energy to read minds and to move objects but uses psionic energy to form a subconscious bond with the elements of nature.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post

For one Storm manipulates the energies that govern the weather. She controls the forces of the universe.

1. Thermal energy
    2. Radiant energy
    3. Chemical energy
    4. Nuclear energy
    5. Electrical energy
    6. Motion energy
    7. Sound energy
    8. Elastic energy
    10. Electromagnetic Energy
    11. Magnetic Energy
    12. Mechanical Energy

Notice how the fundamental forces of the universe can be found there along with many forces. My only ick is the gravity yh I know she can sense gravitational pull I'll of heavenly bodies on weather phenomena but can you explain to me more about the role gravity plays in weather I would love to learn more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I don't think storm can be exactly overpowered in a universe with Franklin Richards, molecule man and Thor. Marvel would break it own back to keep them on top. But it would be refreshing for storm to actually start exploring her abilities beyond the basic lightning strike and wind attack I mean she has soooo much versatility just waiting to be tapped. The problem up to this point was the writer's ND the fact that she is on a team hence she needed to be scaled back to enable others to shine. But now with her reings being free from earthly shenanigans she can finally start stretching the legs of her abilities discovering what she can really do and how far she can actually go. Because to be frank up until now we are yet to get the absolute defining moments as to why she is an omega over weather, it has been slowly coming with planet size and Ewing's statements but aside the galactic core feat which trump's most omegas by the way we are yet to see storm truly top Thor in the weather department. I mean the guy literally created a cosmic storm which decimated ego, created a temporal storm across time and space, shattered the foundations of a universe with a lightning storm and so on. I believe Ewing would at the very least give us a data page stating why she is above the god of thunder in terms of weather manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Notice how the fundamental forces of the universe can be found there along with many forces. My only ick is the gravity yh I know she can sense gravitational pull I'll of heavenly bodies on weather phenomena but can you explain to me more about the role gravity plays in weather I would love to learn more.
    gravity is an iffy one for me too but gravity is a natural force so she technically should be able to control it.