Page 446 of 772 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446447448449450456496546 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,690 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    If you're going to debate me at least use scans and not post from Wikis

For one Storm manipulates the energies that govern the weather. She controls the forces of the universe.

1. Thermal energy
    2. Radiant energy
    3. Chemical energy
    4. Nuclear energy
    5. Electrical energy
    6. Motion energy
    7. Sound energy
    8. Elastic energy
    9. Gravitational energy (Thunderstorms and stuff like weather fronts include gravity)
    10. Electromagnetic Energy
    11. Magnetic Energy
    12. Mechanical Energy

She has shown without doing the Weather effects she can control these energies.
    Don't forget the Potential energy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Notice how the fundamental forces of the universe can be found there along with many forces. My only ick is the gravity yh I know she can sense gravitational pull I'll of heavenly bodies on weather phenomena but can you explain to me more about the role gravity plays in weather I would love to learn more.
    https://youtu.be/Hpk1WQNcV44

Remember that all air motions are developed by gravity which Storm controls. Gravity waves are waves generated in a fluid medium or at the interface between two fluid media when the force of gravity tries to restore equilibrium. Which can come from thunderstorms and weather fronts.

Also, remember that Storm is actively working with gravity because that's what is holding down the atmosphere. So when she produces an unnatural storm for example the planetary storm in worlds apart to easily get to California she has to manipulate the gravity also.

For example, gravity waves in the atmosphere are opposite to waves on the surface of the ocean. "The wave roll through the air instead of the water. Gravity is what keeps them going. If you push water up and then it plops back down, it creates waves. It's the same with air."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Don't forget the Potential energy.
    I included both Kinetic and Potential energy in Mechanical energy

Incredible Member

Also, Air pressure is due to the force of gravity acting on the mass of gases in the atmosphere.

Storm does have limited control of gravity but obviously, it's involving the weather. She can't go out and pull effects like Graviton or Moonstone.

BANNED

I don't think storm can be exactly overpowered in a universe with Franklin Richards, molecule man and Thor. Marvel would break it own back to keep them on top. But it would be refreshing for storm to actually start exploring her abilities beyond the basic lightning strike and wind attack I mean she has soooo much versatility just waiting to be tapped. The problem up to this point was the writer's ND the fact that she is on a team hence she needed to be scaled back to enable others to shine. But now with her reings being free from earthly shenanigans she can finally start stretching the legs of her abilities discovering what she can really do and how far she can actually go. Because to be frank up until now we are yet to get the absolute defining moments as to why she is an omega over weather, it has been slowly coming with planet size and Ewing's statements but aside the galactic core feat which trump's most omegas by the way we are yet to see storm truly top Thor in the weather department. I mean the guy literally created a cosmic storm which decimated ego, created a temporal storm across time and space, shattered the foundations of a universe with a lightning storm and so on. I believe Ewing would at the very least give us a data page stating why she is above the god of thunder in terms of weather manipulation.
    Also the writers are going with the more mystical and divine aspects of Storm. She vanished the Adversary and basically it looks like she is going to become Mars’s version of Gaea. So why does she need more power? It sounds like some of you want to make her the Living Tribunal. Lol

We’re slowly seeing her come into her trye power since defeating the Adversary.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Also the writers are going with the more mystical and divine aspects of Storm. She vanished the Adversary and basically it looks like she is going to become Mars’s version of Gaea. So why does she need more power? It sounds like some of you want to make her the Living Tribunal. Lol

We’re slowly seeing her come into her trye power since defeating the Adversary.
    I don't get you guys you know that an omega at their base form has nigh unlimited power in their ability, what most storm fans are asking for on this thread is a good exploration of those abilities. I don't know about you but the throw lightning at everything seems a bit boring, especially when you know she is way more versatile than that. Hell she doesn't have consistent defence which is atrocious. We all want versatility creativity and an explanation from marvel why she tops them all in weather. The divine aspects are her birth right abd should have been explored a long time ago having it now would only increase the quality of the story as for the mars version of gaea I don't know about that as of yet.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I don't get you guys you know that an omega at their base form has nigh unlimited power in their ability, what most storm fans are asking for on this thread is a good exploration of those abilities. I don't know about you but the throw lightning at everything seems a bit boring, especially when you know she is way more versatile than that. Hell she doesn't have consistent defence which is atrocious. We all want versatility creativity and an explanation from marvel why she tops them all in weather. The divine aspects are her birth right abd should have been explored a long time ago having it now would only increase the quality of the story as for the mars version of gaea I don't know about that as of yet.
    beautifully said!!! this is spot on beloved!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mr. Hudlin setting the record straight on those who wish to blame him for Storm not being utilized by the offices when she was married to Black Panther:

Stop blaming him for her usage then and direct that energy where it should have always been: the xoffices.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    elemental shields are the best remedy here.

ice shields/water barriers, pressure domes, electromagnetism fields all would be appropriate:

I'd be happy if any/all of these became a part of her normal line of defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I'd be happy if any/all of these became a part of her normal line of defense.
    right that first one with Hickman definitely came out of left field. she did it so effortlessly it made me wonder why the hell she hasn't been doing it.

all in all, it shows that she definitely isn't just a glass cannon and has ways she can protect herself if written as such.

Mr. Hudlin setting the record straight on those who wish to blame him for Storm not being utilized by the offices when she was married to Black Panther:

Stop blaming him for her usage then and direct that energy where it should have always been: the xoffices.
    Could you post the link to the thread? Interested to see what others had to say.

Also people love to point to the fact that Ororo is constantly present on teams as evidence that she’s well utilized, but like he said she’s rarely the driver of those stories. Things have been getting significantly better recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Could you post the link to the thread? Interested to see what others had to say.

Also people love to point to the fact that Ororo is constantly present on teams as evidence that she’s well utilized, but like he said she’s rarely the driver of those stories. Things have been getting significantly better recently.
    Of course. I will dm you the thread. He was responding to someone who was trying to blame her being married to the decline of her usage in the xbooks.

and exactly. I saw someone post on Twitter that xtreme was such a big thing for her but I completely disagreed. that title didn't do anything to move the needle for storm.

right that first one with Hickman definitely came out of left field. she did it so effortlessly it made me wonder why the hell she hasn't been doing it.

all in all, it shows that she definitely isn't just a glass cannon and has ways she can protect herself if written as such.
    This is the main reason why her character in-universe irks me, lol. Like woman you are a master tactation and it doesn't occur to you to wrap yourself in some type of shield the moment you step into a fight or take to the sky? Like c'mon!

And yes, I know Ororo is a fictional character and doesn't think.

Damn lmao.