Page 466 of 772 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476516566 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Yes. There was an issue in Nightcrawler when Storm was possessed by the Shadow King, and in her attempt to kill Kurt her tornadoes destroyed Bobby’s ice golems and battered him unconscious. Bobby can be stunned or KO’d by force.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    The question is whether storm is willing to destroy all moisture and hence all life to kill ice man... Or overpower him as she did with hydroman and revert him back to ice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Storm is able to separate hydrogen from oxygen, (goodbye water), then she can ionize gasses by accelerating their electrons and reaching temperatures higher then the sun surface (hello lightning)!
    Yes, in my book she can beat Bobby!
    The biggest advantage he has is Absolute Zero, where he's already broken the laws of physics (although I've seen news that scientists have done that), he stopped the kinetic energy of light to freeze it, I think he can use this to cancel energies, although I think Storm beats him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    The biggest advantage he has is Absolute Zero, where he's already broken the laws of physics (although I've seen news that scientists have done that), he stopped the kinetic energy of light to freeze it, I think he can use this to cancel energies, although I think Storm beats him.
    That is true absolute zero is a beast and basically nullifies physics as we know it I mean freezing photons the most energetic particle in the known universe is a feat of godly proportions.....but, doesn't storms omega powerset include his? I know she hasn't really demonstrated absolute zero before at least not to my knowledge but she has stated that she has immunity at least to a very high degree of resistance to his power. She can do all he can do theoretically and can go on the opposite to reach absolute heat. The problem is that we only always ever get her doing lightning and wind and very few actual weather feats involving temperature manipulation.

True but I don’t think that’s his biggest advantage. Storm may very well be able reach max solar intensities or absolute zero as well but I think Bobby’s biggest advantage against most people is his method of immortality. He transfers his conciousness to any body of water so unless you can kill his conciousness he’d end up killing damn near anyone. I think he can be KO’d but only a telepath or someone with powers along those lines could really end him. With Storm as Regent and working with a separate team of uniquely powered warrior mutants hopefully we get more exploration of her powers so we see all the kineses she controls get fully explored.

That is true absolute zero is a beast and basically nullifies physics as we know it I mean freezing photons the most energetic particle in the known universe is a feat of godly proportions.....but, doesn't storms omega powerset include his? I know she hasn't really demonstrated absolute zero before at least not to my knowledge but she has stated that she has immunity at least to a very high degree of resistance to his power. She can do all he can do theoretically and can go on the opposite to reach absolute heat. The problem is that we only always ever get her doing lightning and wind and very few actual weather feats involving temperature manipulation.
    True but I don’t think that’s his biggest advantage. Storm may very well be able reach max solar intensities or absolute zero as well but I think Bobby’s biggest advantage against most people is his method of immortality. He transfers his conciousness to any body of water so unless you can kill his conciousness he’d end up killing damn near anyone. I think he can be KO’d but only a telepath or someone with powers along those lines could really end him. With Storm as Regent and working with a separate team of uniquely powered warrior mutants hopefully we get more exploration of her powers so we see all the kineses she controls get fully explored.
    Here's what @Jwatson explained to me about the new omega classification in another topic.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    An x-gene that is omega is only one primary power so it has nothing to do with secondary mutation. An omega just has one power that simply can't be defined by the laws of physics as we know it. Which is why Storm manipulates weather differently in the world, or the trion dimension but somoene who was a tradional wind manipulator may not be able to do anything because wind doesn't exist in that environment as it does on earth so thee power is defined as wind manipulation in the standards of earth. Emma may not be able to read a species made up of robots because their brain doesn't work on the same fundamentals as the understood principles of what a telepath should be able to do but Jean and Quentin could defy that and find out what the telepathic structure is of a robotic mind and be able to read and influence it. So it's not about levels but rather adapting. JMO though.
    Iceman was just omega because of his secondary mutation, right? And now with this new classification of Hickman, there can only be one omega power, but Storm's powers are very comprehensive, it's harmful for her, even more if they have more omega elemental mutants, they can kind of lose/explore just the basic one of aspects of Ororo's powers, by already having an omega mutant in that category (although I believe she is omega in everything her mutant powers propose that she do).

Hickman never said there can only be one omega power. We already know that isn't true since there are two omega telepaths.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    No that's not why lol. She got the role cause Angela and Janet passed on it
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    X-Treme X-Men came out well after X1, so Halle had already been cast as Storm.
    it was a joke girlies.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Thank you Yogaflame, Butterflykiss and Stormy!! I wanted to see if she still looked distinct through the art.....and she does!!

She did look kinda like berry due to the shading, but Halle couldn't pull Storm off for me. She was pretty, but Storm is more than that.

you're welcome. hopefully marvel gets it right with whomever they cast next.

I didn't know, sorry
    no need to apologize friend
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-08-2021 at 02:18 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Yes. There was an issue in Nightcrawler when Storm was possessed by the Shadow King, and in her attempt to kill Kurt her tornadoes destroyed Bobby’s ice golems and battered him unconscious. Bobby can be stunned or KO’d by force.
    And to think all this time I was under the impression that Ororo's powers combined with her indomitable will prevented her from being mind-controlled...

BANNED

Here's what @Jwatson explained to me about the new omega classification in another topic.

Iceman was just omega because of his secondary mutation, right? And now with this new classification of Hickman, there can only be one omega power, but Storm's powers are very comprehensive, it's harmful for her, even more if they have more omega elemental mutants, they can kind of lose/explore just the basic one of aspects of Ororo's powers, by already having an omega mutant in that category (although I believe she is omega in everything her mutant powers propose that she do).
    His main power is the ability to Lower temperature he can reach absolute zero and if possibly even lower..... But you are right both of them have very different omega powersets Storm's is very comprehensive and very vast whilst Bobby's is more along one trick pony hence why he has had easier time getting growth in regards to his abilities. Because the fact of the matter is that theoretically his powerset is all within storms same goes for magneto.
    Bobby's omega level negative temperature manipulation doesn't include omega hydrokinesis. But storms does and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    And to think all this time I was under the impression that Ororo's powers combined with her indomitable will prevented her from being mind-controlled...
    She was possessed by Knull as well.

Interestingly enough, both Bobby’s and Ororo’s Omega powers are defined as “manipulation” not creation or “manifestation,” as Legion’s is.
    Last edited by Mercury; 08-07-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Hello fellow Storm fans!! I wanna know: Has Storm ever put a wig on or dyed her hair for like a stealth mission so no one would know it was her? Just curious.
    Not necessarily for stealth missions in these cases, but there was a period where Ororo would de-emphasize her exotic appearance during public outings by wearing various head coverings.

Thunderbird's funeral, she practically wearing a burqua.

For a night out to the theater with the girls...

Again returning from a night out on the town...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I think it just depends? In Worlds Apart she said he couldn't get to her because of the static in her mind but he might be able to break through given time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    She was possessed by Knull as well.

Interestingly enough, both Bobby’s and Ororo’s Omega powers are defined as “manipulation” not creation or “manifestation,” as Legion’s is.
    Yes, Storm manipulates forces that govern weather on an atomic scale, electromagnetism, energys, humidity, stars (our sun), among others, basically the entire universe has an aspect that Storm can manipulate, including distorted dimensions, its powers will adapt, it's almost impossible she can't use her powers in some specific place. And see, your powers extend not only to your mutation, but also to your divinity. Storm is a force of nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Many writers end up forgetting this

BANNED

Many writers end up forgetting this
    I don't think it's a matter of simple forgetfulness.

His main power is the ability to Lower temperature he can reach absolute zero and if possibly even lower..... But you are right both of them have very different omega powersets Storm's is very comprehensive and very vast whilst Bobby's is more along one trick pony hence why he has had easier time getting growth in regards to his abilities. Because the fact of the matter is that theoretically his powerset is all within storms same goes for magneto.
    Bobby's omega level negative temperature manipulation doesn't include omega hydrokinesis. But storms does and more.
    It's not possible for either to achieve Absolute zero...

Scientific American | Absolute zero

Hydrokinesis

Robert Drake | Powers and Abilities
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-07-2021 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Link(s).