Page 478 of 772 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    It was definitely before the site was restarted back in 2014 but I dont remember the exact yeast year maybe 2012 or 2013 for me. it was around the days when the clapping thunder thighs was a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Clapping Thunder Thighs....lol....forgot about that.
    Haha the CTT's! Awww I miss Val. Both she and Storm Calling got me interested in the online forums. Prior to chatting with them I hadn't realized the comicbook readership community was so big. Let alone Storm's following. Learned a lot back then.

BANNED

the gaslighting is pretty much the same now as it was then. funny thing some people were annoyed with storm fans because they would call her omega mutant and goddess so the irony both these things are canon now is priceless.
    Hmm the fact that her omega classification was ever in doubt is such a strange thing to me.... Because even before hickman the xmen comics always stressed that age was one of the most powerful mutants period infact storm herself stated that she abd some of the xmen are some of the most powerful beings to ever exist. She was stated to have no limit to her capabilities she herself even says soo but I guess because it came off as an inspirational quote people didn't take it seriously. Literally the woman says she has no limits. And then you had writers realizing it's silly not to classify her as omega so they make her omega adjacent that is stronger than all alphas but not quite omega yet a whole classification just for storm so they can pat themselves on the back. Added that during IvX a literal cloud was their enemy abd the fact that she couldn't manipulate weather in hell when she has done soo in limbo and other hell dimensions once even to save BP. She was the first mutant ever to be stated to have no true limit to their power even before omega was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Hmm the fact that her omega classification was ever in doubt is such a strange thing to me.... Because even before hickman the xmen comics always stressed that age was one of the most powerful mutants period infact storm herself stated that she abd some of the xmen are some of the most powerful beings to ever exist. She was stated to have no limit to her capabilities she herself even says soo but I guess because it came off as an inspirational quote people didn't take it seriously. Literally the woman says she has no limits. And then you had writers realizing it's silly not to classify her as omega so they make her omega adjacent that is stronger than all alphas but not quite omega yet a whole classification just for storm so they can pat themselves on the back. Added that during IvX a literal cloud was their enemy abd the fact that she couldn't manipulate weather in hell when she has done soo in limbo and other hell dimensions once even to save BP. She was the first mutant ever to be stated to have no true limit to their power even before omega was a thing.
    We know why they didn't confirm her omega status lmaooo. It would've been too much, especially for a certain type of x-fans that used to bring up her race when they were trolling on another board
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    We know why they didn't confirm her omega status lmaooo. It would've been too much, especially for a certain type of x-fans that used to bring up her race when they were trolling on another board
    Ofcourse we do the fact that on the list only one person of colour is omega speaks VOLUMES! And I know the arakii are mostly poc but none of them are visibly real world racial minorities so if we go by visual representation for poc omegas it's only storm. And it took a whole ass reboot to get her that title like it pretty much sums the whole thought process of the xoffice.

If I'm not mistaken, Storm had difficulties in influencing/stopping storms, weather events that had a life of their own, at Coate's run she only managed to stop Sekafo's storm when she ascended to divinity, but the point I want to make is, it's no longer necessary "push the button" (your divinity, if I can say that) to be able to defeat sentient storms?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Storm had difficulties in influencing/stopping storms, weather events that had a life of their own, at Coate's run she only managed to stop Sekafo's storm when she ascended to divinity, but the point I want to make is, it's no longer necessary "push the button" (your divinity, if I can say that) to be able to defeat sentient storms?

If another sentient mind is controlling a Storm that she is trying to influence she normally has trouble with it at first I.e her encounter with Shaman. But in the end she took control of his storm, doubled its power and turned it back on him. It boils down to a battle of willpower. Also, in the scans you posted, those storms were not a part of the earth's ecosystem so that also explains why she had a little issue with them.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

thats why I appreciated hudlin. at the time he did something out of the box for the character by saying she was a potential omega mutant. roguestorm should have been confirmation but as you know unless its explicitly said it not canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post

sentient storms are a problem for her when using her baseline mutant powers. she had a similar issue during the willow Wilson book:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

hi there. have a great day and start to your week!

May fave costume of hers. I don't like the latest one, it's too...ostentatious. It's good for like a one-night party, but as a uniform? Nope. This was is more realistic, and I love her hair here. I'm pissed this is short-lived.

But then again, she's a ruler now, so having an ostentatious outfit is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Isn’t that cool?

All based on science AND based on stuff that Storm has control over. What an awesome power set to have - so versatile and for Storm all natural without any cosmic entities corrupting her in order to make her a more interesting character.

Since you've read the article I linked a few pages back -- exactly how did you interpret the first paragraph where it says...

"Only a single space mission, Voyager 2, has flown by to reveal some of their secrets, so diamond rain has remained only a hypothesis."
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-09-2021 at 01:55 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Since you've read the article I linked a few pages back -- exactly how did you interpret the first paragraph where it says...

"Only a single space mission, Voyager 2, has flown by to reveal some of their secrets, so diamond rain has remained only a hypothesis."

It is a hypothesis and so? This is a fictional universe where planets are alive if that's too much I suggest going moving on to a different medium of entertainment.
    I have noticed something off about your post almost as if you are trying to downgrade storms abilities.... They saw it and we're excited at the possibilities for storm, what they said is in line with the marvel universe abd comics in general which encourages fantasy, if there can be a planet where it rains calcium arrows and has lasers falling from the sky diamond oceans and rain are going to be the least bizarre.... I brought the video about the diamond rain and ocean not because I believe it has been proven but to show that what we think constitutes weather is very different on other planets and that when it cines to storm one can never think big enough. If you can't apply imagination and creativity when it comes to a fictional charachters power keep that on your end.... Thank you.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 08-09-2021 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Haha the CTT's! Awww I miss Val. Both she and Storm Calling got me interested in the online forums. Prior to chatting with them I hadn't realized the comicbook readership community was so big. Let alone Storm's following. Learned a lot back then.
    Lol. VAL, haven't thought about that poster in years. Was our radical version of Butterflykyss.

Jeez, the fights we use to have with Storm haterrs.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Lol. VAL, haven't thought about that poster in years. Was our radical version of Butterflykyss.

I know. Lol. It's like a trip down memory lane.

thats why I appreciated hudlin. at the time he did something out of the box for the character by saying she was a potential omega mutant. roguestorm should have been confirmation but as you know unless its explicitly said it not canon.

sentient storms are a problem for her when using her baseline mutant powers. she had a similar issue during the willow Wilson book:

Agreed. And I think this is a big distinction between her strength of will over a storm that is sentient (though that doesn’t necessarily apply across the board) vs the instance with Shaman. He was connected to his magical storm but the storm itself wasn’t sentient so she easily overpowered him.

Yep! Very intense times. So many fandoms at war (even now, though more fake nice/PC) but we had some good battles. Plus I miss Weather God’s Storm site. He was chalk full of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    And never forget: she is a goddess.

Al natural, 100% - no additives or supplements.
    Not trollop lol. In addition to your points At least Ororo’s abilities are unique. Not a damn near dime a dozen powerset. So many telepaths and then so many telepath/telekinetics, so many super strong bricks, so many super healing clones, so many teleporters (even with tech), etc in the X-verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    If another sentient mind is controlling a Storm that she is trying to influence she normally has trouble with it at first I.e her encounter with Shaman. But in the end she took control of his storm, doubled its power and turned it back on him. It boils down to a battle of willpower. Also, in the scans you posted, those storms were not a part of the earth's ecosystem so that also explains why she had a little issue with them.
    sentient storms are a problem for her when using her baseline mutant powers. she had a similar issue during the willow Wilson book.
    Oh yes, but what I mean is that now she is Omega, she doesn't need to have these difficulties anymore, her powers have no limits

Anyway aside COTA is there any book storm might be in this week.
    I would look for her into the books connected to the last annihilation storyline
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”