Page 480 of 772 FirstFirst ... 380430470476477478479480481482483484490530580 ... LastLast
Results 7,186 to 7,200 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Still love that look...
    I like the hair lol

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    A complete elementary, but it wouldn't need to stay in this form forever, it would be more in specific situations, it could even be used in your
    Goddess form, a form with the four primordial elements, energy... It would be a beautiful thing to see.
    yes stormy I agree. I would way her to be able to transform in and out of it at will.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes stormy I agree. I would way her to be able to transform in and out of it at will.
    I don't know why they haven't done it yet

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I don't know why they haven't done it yet
    maybe that is one of things Ewing will do in sword.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I'm not doing anything of the sort -- I only pointed out there's no factual scientific proof that it rains diamonds on Neptune or Uranus. Moreover, why is it that I can't disagree with another's opinion in this "appreciation" thread when it's done in others by many posters, every day, and no one gets this bent over it.
    Oh hey ZNOP! It's nice to see that after 7 years of being on the X-boards Storm still has you upset for whatever reason (hopefully not the same reason her or psylocke upset Scott Lobdell). Anyway, this is an appreciation thread for she who swam with Acanti, Hadari Yao, The Walker of Clouds, The Goddess who preserves the balance of all natural things, Regent of Mars and the Voice of Sol, Ororo Munroe aka Storm. We've moved on from the "Cyclops was right!!" Nonsense years ago so if you are here to rile up Storm fans, you're going to be very disappointed as it isn't so easy to do anymore. Wishing you all the best though and I hope you are doing well my friend!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Oh hey ZNOP! It's nice to see that after 7 years of being on the X-boards Storm still has you upset for whatever reason (hopefully not the same reason her or psylocke upset Scott Lobdell). Anyway, this is an appreciation thread for she who swam with Acanti, Hadari Yao, The Walker of Clouds, The Goddess who preserves the balance of all natural things, Regent of Mars and the Voice of Sol, Ororo Munroe aka Storm. We've moved on from the "Cyclops was right!!" Nonsense years ago so if you are here to rile up Storm fans, you're going to be very disappointed as it isn't so easy to do anymore. Wishing you all the best though and I hope you are doing well my friend!
    why does storm have these girls in a tizzy lolol

and yes it is good to see znop is well after all these years.

Incredible Member

Speaking of the cosmic flame bird
    Remember when Siena fought Phoenix Rachel and spared her. Rachel even admitted she can kill her and struggled to contain her teleportation back lash of energy.

She also strained herself to the point she was knocked out trying to reverse Siena Blaze damage to the planet

Meanwhile, Storm electrical wind tunnel could contend with Xavier Tping Siena to use her full power in order to drain her. Also, keep in mind Storm was still recovering from having her system fried in the blizzard.
    Last edited by KLY360; 08-09-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Remember when Siena fought Phoenix Rachel and spared her. Rachel even admitted she can kill her and struggled to contain her teleportation back lash of energy.

She also strained herself to the point she was knocked out trying to reverse Siena Blaze damage to the planet

Meanwhile, Storm electrical wind tunnel could contend with Xavier Tping Siena to use her full power in order to drain her. Also, keep in mind Storm was still recovering from having her system fried in the blizzard.

Great scans! Makes me miss Rachel as being Phoenix. Her character has not really shone for a while.

While I haven't read the story in a long time. Rachel was hit with a psychic cry for help, limiting her abilities. Also, Racheal control over the Phonics Force could be a hit or miss depending on the story.

Now as far as Storm goes, an EM charge plays right into her powerset.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    While I haven't read the story in a long time. Rachel was hit with a psychic cry for help, limiting her abilities. Also, Racheal control over the Phonics Force could be a hit or miss depending on the story.

Now as far as Storm goes, an EM charge plays right into her powerset.
    True. This is why I feel like she should have a standardized defense. Redirecting such a powerful blast of energy, especially where standard gun fire, energy blasters, etc are well under that should make that an easy ability to incorporate. Though an elemental form is more advantageous (i'm not a big fan of the idea though) I would love for Marvel to go this route with her. I was even thinking that when Cyclops was shown bending his beam I would have him be able to have limited shaping abilities to create defensive shield walls.

I still just find it extremely odd and downright annoying that 1) you have other lesser known/new elementals doing things definitely that Storm should have been doing from the get-go. 2) As smart of a tactician as she is that she wouldn't have learned by now to shield herself when entering combat. I mean look at her fight vs Magneto in the classic days, that alone should have opened the door in her mind once she saw how useful his shielding was to shrug off basically all of their attacks.

The EM shield she threw up in X-Men was nice and all but I hope that not only it becomes a more regular part of her kit but it also stands up to stronger attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    I believe strongly that these ‘girls’ are jealous by the fact that Storm does not need to be augmented by cosmic flame birds in order to be powerful and interesting. And she is not defined by her sexual relationships (having a revolving door in one’s bedroom to one’s lover’s room is a bit much) with her colleagues.

If that is what my favorite character is associated with by the general public I’d not be very happy either - BUT I would not troll and bait other fans by posting specious and very transparent comments on the other appreciation threads and trying to derail them.

But that’s just me.

Anyhoo, it seems that Storm’s fans truly reflect the character herself: unique and welcoming all yet confident enough to call out bullshit when they read it. Unfortunately I have not experienced this with other characters’ fanatics.
    1. Facts nothing but facts. So happy we storm fans don't have to cling to retcons, possessions, and or accessories to validate our fave in any way!

2. And you're absolutely correct. How insecure one must be to go into another appreciation thread and denigrate the character. I mean the whole world could talk mess but when you have a real queen, a real omega, and a REAL goddess to celebrate others thoughts simply don't matter so I couldn't agree with you more.

3. And all I can say to this last comment is yassssssss!! Im so glad you're a part of the community!!

There's a reason villian Magneto was a team-buster, and why Storm was always holding back. At the end of the day it's all stories. Until Storm has a serious run as a titular lead, or goes full villian, she's not going to get more than a sprinkle of omega feats. That's just ensemble storytelling.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

great find. I didnt necessarily enjoy lobdells retelling of how her powers worked but that is cute though to be fair cyclops was there to blast away excess energy that she was unable to contain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    There's a reason villian Magneto was a team-buster, and why Storm was always holding back. At the end of the day it's all stories. Until Storm has a serious run as a titular lead, or goes full villian, she's not going to get more than a sprinkle of omega feats. That's just ensemble storytelling.
    Yh but it doesn't say good things for her intelligence too... I mean this is a woman that literally mastered her powers by looking at how nature did it's thing. The spiritual stuff cane from her god mother later.

But you are right I know for a fact that once storm gets some durability or defense consistently the fact that she would need a team would become even more redundant. I mean I was reading the xmen forever perfect storm story line and basically cyclops stated that psychics are quiet ineffective against her they can communicate and she can be affected by a yell but anything else well won't work because there is an impenetrable wall of static in her brain. If she gets shields and body suits made from elemental forces to defend her she would become almost impposible to beat and that is not good for a team book.

But storm is no longer in a team she is in a position where she must climb new heights of power every business day or else the arakii would take her throne from her or at most try. This gives writers the perfect excuse to demonstrate her power and show just how crazy powerful she really is.