Page 485 of 772 FirstFirst ... 385435475481482483484485486487488489495535585 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I like it!!

also oan and general comment I thought I read somewhere here iceman hasn't generated absolute zero. that isn't correct he has:

Mmmm, I’m not sure Bobby actually reached absolute zero, maybe he just pushed for it coming very close…. Would it really make any difference to him?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Mmmm, I’m not sure Bobby actually reached absolute zero, maybe he just pushed for it coming very close…. Would it really make any difference to him?
    I'm sure he doesn't care but I'm certain many moons ago his fans used this as proof he could do abs but now you have me questioning it. nevertheless its not that important just more an observation.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

This is a nice example of Ororo using cold to break matter apart:

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

This is a nice example of Ororo using cold to break matter apart:

yes that was a very resourceful use of her powers.

was that xtreme or uncanny I forget lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Uncanny XSE era.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

yes that was a very resourceful use of her powers.
    Interestingly enough Storm mastery over temperatures and atmospheric gases should allow her to turn oxygen (just to name one) into its liquid or solid form on a whim for a variety of purposes and effects:

Imagine the horror of a tornado made of liquid oxygen (“Because of its cryogenic nature, liquid oxygen can cause the materials it touches to become extremely brittle. Liquid oxygen is also a very powerful oxidizing agent: organic materials will burn rapidly and energetically in liquid oxygen. Further, if soaked in liquid oxygen, some materials such as coal briquettes, carbon black, etc., can detonate unpredictably from sources of ignition such as flames, sparks or impact from light blows. Petrochemicals, including asphalt, often exhibit this behavior.”)

Imagine shards of crystal oxygen charged with lightning (“At very high pressures, solid oxygen changes from an insulating to a metallic state and at very low temperatures, it even transforms to a superconducting state.”) and flying against a target at hundred of mph.
    Last edited by Daedra; 08-10-2021 at 08:24 PM.

it is broad but at least we got a taste of what that means when she created climate for an entire planet.
    Did she create the climate from scratch then?? Because I had heard that with the actions of Hope, Vulcan, Iceman, Magneto and Sobunar, the mood was kind of already established, but the one who really needed to shape it, put it on the axis was Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Did she create the climate from scratch then?? Because I had heard that with the actions of Hope, Vulcan, Iceman, Magneto and Sobunar, the mood was kind of already established, but the one who really needed to shape it, put it on the axis was Storm?
    Climate= she created stable and long lasting seasonal patterns

The climate of a country or zone includes the long-term average atmospheric conditions. Thus, the climate is average weather information observed over decades. 3. The atmospheric elements of weather are air pressure, humidity, wind, temperature, rain, cloudiness, storms, snow, precipitation, etc.

Interestingly enough Storm mastery over temperatures and atmospheric gases should allow her to turn oxygen (just to name one) into its liquid or solid form on a whim for a variety of purposes and effects:

Imagine the horror of a tornado made of liquid oxygen (“Because of its cryogenic nature, liquid oxygen can cause the materials it touches to become extremely brittle. Liquid oxygen is also a very powerful oxidizing agent: organic materials will burn rapidly and energetically in liquid oxygen. Further, if soaked in liquid oxygen, some materials such as coal briquettes, carbon black, etc., can detonate unpredictably from sources of ignition such as flames, sparks or impact from light blows. Petrochemicals, including asphalt, often exhibit this behavior.”)

Imagine shards of crystal oxygen charged with lightning (“At very high pressures, solid oxygen changes from an insulating to a metallic state and at very low temperatures, it even transforms to a superconducting state.”) and flying against a target at hundred of mps.
    I'm not very knowledgeable about the subject, but I think I understand what you mean. It would be a show and BOOMMM

Climate= she created stable and long lasting seasonal patterns

The climate of a country or zone includes the long-term average atmospheric conditions. Thus, the climate is average weather information observed over decades. 3. The atmospheric elements of weather are air pressure, humidity, wind, temperature, rain, cloudiness, storms, snow, precipitation, etc.
    Now I understand, thank you

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    One of the reasons I didn't like this list, Storm's powers are too broad, and if there's an omega in Positive Temperature Manipulation, or an omega in Elemental Manipulation (whether they're an element or not), that means Ororo isn't an omega in these areas? And as I recall, Iceman was omega in cryokinesis (ice manipulation), not specifically in minus temperature (yes, I know this is a subpotency) and also because of his secondary mutation he was considered omega.
    I am of the opinion that in the realm of omega level mutants pure power doesn't cut it but rather versatility. Why? Because omega mutants are at a level where how much you have doesn't matter it's like infinity plus infinity is infinity it doesn't change anything because it's still infinity or in this case immeasurable.

Like let's look at omega telepathy for example, telepathy is a stock ability consisting of several sub abilities illusions, mind control, mind reading...etc. having omega telepathy means you can use all these abilities on an immeasurable degree but ultimately it is still telepathy. The same can be said for weather manipulation which by nature an amalgamation of several other elemental abilities rolled into one specifically thermokinesis, hydrokinesis, aerokinesis and electrokinesis. But that's average weather manipulation Storm's version takes things way further by not being limited by the elements that make up weather on earth but the fundamental forces and energies that govern all forms of weather well anywhere. And these forces and energies are vast like ALOT it is kinda mind bogging we don't even know how weather on certain planets are like and from planet size storm is seen to have the power to rewrite the laws of the atmosphere setting up an entire planetary climate and weather system. So looking at this and looking at telepathy it makes sense that storm has omega level control over all forces, energies and elements that make up the weather.

was storm in anything or do anything of interest today, emphasis on the interest part lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    To be honest, I don't mind if Storm doesn't reach absolutel zero because Bobby is supposed to be the supreme in that department HOWEVER, she should damn well be able to get as close to it as possible. Isn't the coldest place in Space 1 degree above absolute zero? She should be able to reach that with no issue
    Ehhh I don't think he is supposed to be the supreme but kinda like having no limit to his temperature lowering ability. But that doesn't mean other omegas can't replicate his ability to its fullest extent storm being the most likely she has direct control over temperature abs can increase or reduce temperature as she sees fit abd this is due to her omega level weather manipulation so it makes sense that she she should be able to hit the theoretical limit of absolute zero. But I would like to say that this doesn't mean bobby isn't more or less powerful than other omegas are their level it doesn't matter what matters is versatility abd storm is nigh infinitely more versatile than him.

was storm in anything or do anything of interest today, emphasis on the interest part lol.
    Nothing of relevance

A small panel in Avengers tech-on #1 (she gets depowered)
    Cota #6 (the preview showed it all)

Nothing of relevance

A small panel in Avengers tech-on #1 (she gets depowered)
    Cota #6 (the preview showed it all)
    oh man thats awful..... thanks boo

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    who me???? no never!!!