Page 486 of 772 FirstFirst ... 386436476482483484485486487488489490496536586 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,290 of 11576

I thought Storm fans might appreciate this.

Whipped this up based on a mutual’s idea…

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Nothing of relevance

A small panel in Avengers tech-on #1 (she gets depowered)
    Cota #6 (the preview showed it all)
    That's it Krakoa is not 616 -- she's wearing her Evolution outfit

Just caught up on SWORD #7. Storm was playing no games at the dinner with Doom. She was like, "Bish, who is you talking to?" I loved how Al Ewing wrote that scene.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    One of the reasons I didn't like this list, Storm's powers are too broad, and if there's an omega in Positive Temperature Manipulation, or an omega in Elemental Manipulation (whether they're an element or not), that means Ororo isn't an omega in these areas? And as I recall, Iceman was omega in cryokinesis (ice manipulation), not specifically in minus temperature (yes, I know this is a subpotency) and also because of his secondary mutation he was considered omega.
    I honestly don't see the point in Ororo being omega in weather manipulation where one of the elements of this skill is temperature and not being able to achieve unimaginable feats with this skill. The Storm's mutation is only one (manipulation of nature), but its mutation has ramifications that allow it to manipulate from energy (be it thermal, kinetic, static, electromagnetic, etc.) to matter, even if within a more elemental spectrum ( such as hydrogen, oxygen, among others). Technically Ororo manipulates the primitive elements of nature, it's like a cake recipe, before the cake is a cake, it's the ingredients like eggs, milk, flour, sugar, etc... That's what Ororo does, she takes the ingredients and... catapluff, the magic happens.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I am of the opinion that in the realm of omega level mutants pure power doesn't cut it but rather versatility. Why? Because omega mutants are at a level where how much you have doesn't matter it's like infinity plus infinity is infinity it doesn't change anything because it's still infinity or in this case immeasurable.

Like let's look at omega telepathy for example, telepathy is a stock ability consisting of several sub abilities illusions, mind control, mind reading...etc. having omega telepathy means you can use all these abilities on an immeasurable degree but ultimately it is still telepathy. The same can be said for weather manipulation which by nature an amalgamation of several other elemental abilities rolled into one specifically thermokinesis, hydrokinesis, aerokinesis and electrokinesis. But that's average weather manipulation Storm's version takes things way further by not being limited by the elements that make up weather on earth but the fundamental forces and energies that govern all forms of weather well anywhere. And these forces and energies are vast like ALOT it is kinda mind bogging we don't even know how weather on certain planets are like and from planet size storm is seen to have the power to rewrite the laws of the atmosphere setting up an entire planetary climate and weather system. So looking at this and looking at telepathy it makes sense that storm has omega level control over all forces, energies and elements that make up the weather.
    So, but writers might decide not to focus on that side of the Storm's powers because there's already an omega to that power aspect, you know? Also, Ororo doesn't have feats that explicitly prove she hits Absolute Zero, like Iceman does, however, I think she can.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Nothing of relevance

A small panel in Avengers tech-on #1 (she gets depowered)
    Cota #6 (the preview showed it all)
    Is this comic of the avengers canonical? (This loss of power can cause confusion in Krakoa)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I thought Storm fans might appreciate this.

Whipped this up based on a mutualÂ’s ideaÂ…

Â…

I like that

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    I honestly don't see the point in Ororo being omega in weather manipulation where one of the elements of this skill is temperature and not being able to achieve unimaginable feats with this skill. The Storm's mutation is only one (manipulation of nature), but its mutation has ramifications that allow it to manipulate from energy (be it thermal, kinetic, static, electromagnetic, etc.) to matter, even if within a more elemental spectrum ( such as hydrogen, oxygen, among others). Technically Ororo manipulates the primitive elements of nature, it's like a cake recipe, before the cake is a cake, it's the ingredients like eggs, milk, flour, sugar, etc... That's what Ororo does, she takes the ingredients and... catapluff, the magic happens.
    Yes! You're right, in my opinion it was a nerf in her real ability to put her as an omega just in Weather Manipulation. It was like a bucket of cold water, although now she is officially an omega. Lol

Of all the explanations I've read about Storm's power this is by far my favorite!

I don't even care that much about seeing Storm use her powers on a multiversal level or things like that, I just wish the writers would be smarter and explore her abilities better. We have a character with a wide range of abilities, and reading from the writers things like "we don't know how to exploit Ororo abilities" kind of doesn't stick, they know how to exploit Jean telepathy, Magneto magnetism and the manifestation of powers of the Legion. Why the hell wouldn't they know how to exploit Ororo elemental meteorological manipulation? We have atmospheric pressure, humidity, temperature and solar radiation as the main elements of weather.
    It would be possible for Ororo to show more hydrokinesis feats besides the rain effect, it would be possible for Ororo to show more atmospheric pressure feats besides the ear effect, it would be possible for Ororo to show more temperatur feats beyond
    the blizzards. The xoffice team could very well exploit Storm using powerful high and low temperatures, from heat blast (such as fire, etc) to energy neutralization with negative temperature.
    We could see more Ororo feats with solar radiation without just being solar winds in space. Other users extract their powers from the sun, Shiro and Roberto are one of those. Why the hell Storm has to be limited to space to use solar radiation?

Storm is so versatile that it can simply on any given day use an atmospheric pressure field as a shield and defense, as well as an electromagnetic force field.

Storm is so versatile that it can simply on any given day use an atmospheric pressure field as a shield and defense, as well as an electromagnetic force field.
    All I'm asking for, BEGGING for!

I don't even care that much about seeing Storm use her powers on a multiversal level or things like that, I just wish the writers would be smarter and explore her abilities better. We have a character with a wide range of abilities, and reading from the writers things like "we don't know how to exploit Ororo abilities" kind of doesn't stick, they know how to exploit Jean telepathy, Magneto magnetism and the manifestation of powers of the Legion. Why the hell wouldn't they know how to exploit Ororo elemental meteorological manipulation? We have atmospheric pressure, humidity, temperature and solar radiation as the main elements of weather.
    It would be possible for Ororo to show more hydrokinesis feats besides the rain effect, it would be possible for Ororo to show more atmospheric pressure feats besides the ear effect, it would be possible for Ororo to show more temperatur feats beyond
    the blizzards. The xoffice team could very well exploit Storm using powerful high and low temperatures, from heat blast (such as fire, etc) to energy neutralization with negative temperature.
    We could see more Ororo feats with solar radiation without just being solar winds in space. Other users extract their powers from the sun, Shiro and Roberto are one of those. Why the hell Storm has to be limited to space to use solar radiation?
    I agree, however, it was the Writers who gave this titles, status, they have to develop, which is good to have these things, but it does not cause any impact, noise in your history and in your powers. Storm is a literal goddess, so why can't she have moments, goddess powers? Remembering that some Marvel Gods receive better treatment than the Storm (giving moments, feats worthy of being called Gods)

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    All I'm asking for, BEGGING for!
    I hope Ewing shows more of the character's potential. Claremont even tried to show it, but it was too limited.

BANNED

I love your posts very insightful... I always say that we storm fans are geniuses and you are a potent example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    So, but writers might decide not to focus on that side of the Storm's powers because there's already an omega to that power aspect, you know? Also, Ororo doesn't have feats that explicitly prove she hits Absolute Zero, like Iceman does, however, I think she can.)
    Yes she doesn't have feats in that regard but it is logically within her power to perform such feats. As I stated temperature manipulation is a part of weather manipulation and since storm has immeasurable controls over weather this means she has immeasurable control over temperature as well.

You know, we in this thread often speculate that most of Storm's limits are .. self imposed. I personally don't think she HAS to be in space to use solar radiation, she simply chooses to limit herself out of respect for the natural order due to her bond with the earth. I don't think she HAS to be in space to manipulate cosmic radiation, she just doesn't want to. Like, imagine her pulling energy from Neptune to bump up her wind basted attacks while simultaneously trying to not let it get out of control and damage the earth's delicate ecosystem? She is the goddess that preserves the balance after all . Funny enough, this reminds me of a time on another board where a user tried to say Storm recklessly exposed civilians to radiation after parting the ozone and magnetic field in her solo LOL.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I love your posts very insightful... I always say that we storm fans are geniuses and you are a potent example of that.
    thank you my angel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    You know, we in this thread often speculate that most of Storm's limits are .. self imposed. I personally don't think she HAS to be in space to use solar radiation, she simply chooses to limit herself out of respect for the natural order due to her bond with the earth. I don't think she HAS to be in space to manipulate cosmic radiation, she just doesn't want to. Like, imagine her pulling energy from Neptune to bump up her wind basted attacks while simultaneously trying to not let it get out of control and damage the earth's delicate ecosystem? She is the goddess that preserves the balance after all . Funny enough, this reminds me of a time on another board where a user tried to say Storm recklessly exposed civilians to radiation after parting the ozone and magnetic field in her solo LOL.
    We receive great levels of solar radiation every day on the planet, it does not necessarily need to pull, but channel in a concentrated way what is already sent to Earth. As the aforementioned's do.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

excellent point. I think some writers look at her name and literally thinks that is all she can do. if writers can be creative and think outside the box with those other characters the same is true for storm.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    excellent point. I think some writers look at her name and literally thinks that is all she can do. if writers can be creative and think outside the box with those other characters the same is true for storm.
    I wish it were even so that they saw storm and the thought that she could control all storms but nope they just see it as lightning, wind and rain. Like heat and cold be damned in the past storm has manipulated radiation sooo precisely to extract specific wavelengths to hurt gladiator used gamma particles to create enough elemental turbulence as to protect the entire planet from solar flares. . It's phenomenal how little she thinks outside the box especially these days, it is outside the charachter of storm who is probably one of the most resourceful of all xmen perhaps even the entire marvel universe. But she can't even think to use more than lightning and wind in battle.

Like I saw a clip from a show and there a charachter used droplets of water to create scythes of ice to attack her enemies. When I saw it I jumped up and shouted because I have imagined storm doing something like that. Or even manipulate rain to the extent that you create a protective dome. Like if they are going to stick her to lightning wind and rain at least let her be creative with them aside throw them around and fly.