Page 499 of 772 FirstFirst ... 399449489495496497498499500501502503509549599 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 11576

Storm's moment in Testament was nice and all but it's long overdue for those two to go at it again. I was sort of annoyed she wasn't in the "fight" he had with the others since they would have been the perfect moment.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Storm's moment in Testament was nice and all but it's long overdue for those two to go at it again. I was sort of annoyed she wasn't in the "fight" he had with the others since they would have been the perfect moment.
    I took her not being in the fight in fact as a compliment to her actually. Erik is known for his ego and he wouldn't want that to be bruised in a fight he know he wouldn't win. That's why I took Ororo’s statement and his silence and eventual departure from the room as clear evidence he knows he isn't stronger than our girl. The only reason he didn't have issue with fighting the others is because he didn't see any of them as a real threat.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-18-2021 at 02:54 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I took him not being in the fact as a compliment to her actually. Erik is known for his ego and he wouldn't want that to be bruised in a fight he know he wouldn't win. That's why I took Ororo’s statement and his silence and eventual departure from the room as clear evidence he knows he isn't stronger than our girl. The only reason he didn't have issue with fighting the others is because he didn't see any of them as a real threat.
    Yeah, I can easily see that as well! Reminds me of that scene from X-treme X-Men when she tells the govt fogies that Magneto's old news and they just saw what she did à la that big ass tornado with a face, lol.

I'll dig around and see if I can find the scan.

Yeah, I can easily see that as well! Reminds me of that scene from X-treme X-Men when she tells the govt fogies that Magneto's old news and they just saw what she did à la that big ass tornado with a face, lol.

I'll dig around and see if I can find the scan.
    oh I remember the tornado face dont remember the shade at magneto though. please share.

this was such a beautiful and sad moment when xman uttered these words about ororo:

the world and the now the universe will appreciate her for all her beauty:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

oh I remember the tornado face dont remember the shade at magneto though. please share.

this was such a beautiful and sad moment when xman uttered these words about ororo:

I felt that as unintentional shade towards Xavier. Who knows how Storm and her powers would have developed had he not come along? A "What If" story I'd love to see written.

lmfao yes tge shade... he's old news lolol thank you.

whats the issue number again.?

I felt that as unintentional shade towards Xavier. Who knows how Storm and her powers would have developed had he not come along? A "What If" story I'd love to see written.
    thats a great idea! when I think on it, where there any events that move her to do anything beyond providing for her village? perhaps shadow king would have looked to possess her again or maybe even adversary considering he feared her alongside forge but I would imagine she would have stayed being a benevolent force for her people. maybe she would have aligned with tchalla at some point to as their nation's border each other.

lmfao yes tge shade... he's old news lolol thank you.

whats the issue number again.?
    And just think she's only grown in power since then. The haters may not like it but even from the classical days, Storm was the only X-Man to give Mags trouble. Storm's raw power was never in question, the only thing that saved Magneto was her morals. That alone should speak to her power since he was rag dolling them like children's toys.

Issue #32.

thats a great idea! when I think on it, where there any events that move her to do anything beyond providing for her village? perhaps shadow king would have looked to possess her again or maybe even adversary considering he feared her alongside forge but I would imagine she would have stayed being a benevolent force for her people. maybe she would have aligned with tchalla at some point to as their nation's border each other.
    Precisely!

And just think she's only grown in power since then. The haters may not like it but even from the classical days, Storm was the only X-Man to give Mags trouble. Storm's raw power was never in question, the only thing that saved Magneto was her morals. That alone should speak to her power since he was rag dolling them like children's toys.

Issue #32.
    thank you love for the issue number!!!

And absolute fact about her powers:

Ororo was a powerhouse right out the gate and though we went through a major nerf during the the 90s, and a large part of the 2000s/2010s its good fo see she is finally getting the recognition she deserves and being shown as she was created which " was to make her the most powerful woman in comics, and the most beautiful woman in comics."

Mr. Dave Cockrum's words not mine.

thank you love for the issue number!!!

And absolute fact about her powers:

Ororo was a powerhouse right out the gate and though we went through a major nerf during the the 90s, and a large part of the 2000s/2010s its good fo see she is finally getting the recognition she deserves and being shown as she was created which " was to make her the most powerful woman in comics, and the most beautiful woman in comics."

Mr. Dave Cockrum's words not mine.
    Preach it!

We have MUCH to catch up on when it comes to not only her power but the name behind that power. No matter what may happen in panels as in the one in Testament, the name of Magneto is that of a powerhouse. Basically, it's long pass time Storm's name carried the same weight (if not more) than folks like Mags in the greater MU. Like in X-treme, the more villainous ones may use their powers in more flashy ways but that does not make them more powerful.

Even as recently as X-Men #1 the guards nearly shat their pants when they saw Magneto while Storm was literally right there.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Hi all. I was just curious: How long have y'all been posting in the CBR Storm Appreciation threads? I just want to know how long some of us have been preaching the good gospel of the Goddess. For me, I started pre-2014. I mostly started posting in the Storm appreciation threads probably around '07-'08.

How about you?
    I started writing in this community 2018 but I believe I've checked the forums from time to time on occasions when a google link brings me to CBR forums but other than that I believe I've been registered for a decade or so... maybe more?

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    I don't even care that much about seeing Storm use her powers on a multiversal level or things like that, I just wish the writers would be smarter and explore her abilities better. We have a character with a wide range of abilities, and reading from the writers things like "we don't know how to exploit Ororo abilities" kind of doesn't stick, they know how to exploit Jean telepathy, Magneto magnetism and the manifestation of powers of the Legion. Why the hell wouldn't they know how to exploit Ororo elemental meteorological manipulation? We have atmospheric pressure, humidity, temperature and solar radiation as the main elements of weather.
    It would be possible for Ororo to show more hydrokinesis feats besides the rain effect, it would be possible for Ororo to show more atmospheric pressure feats besides the ear effect, it would be possible for Ororo to show more temperatur feats beyond
    the blizzards. The xoffice team could very well exploit Storm using powerful high and low temperatures, from heat blast (such as fire, etc) to energy neutralization with negative temperature.
    We could see more Ororo feats with solar radiation without just being solar winds in space. Other users extract their powers from the sun, Shiro and Roberto are one of those. Why the hell Storm has to be limited to space to use solar radiation?

Storm is so versatile that it can simply on any given day use an atmospheric pressure field as a shield and defense, as well as an electromagnetic force field.
    But didn't she do exactly those things? Like manipulating water, creating pressure domes, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Her solo she used planetary magnetic fields to create a lava eruption it's was the last issue 14 or so.... There was another panel somewhere that she was stated to create an earthquake accompanied with hurricanes and storms.
    She also caused an earthquake in the Black Panther short animation. It was the first time I saw her use her powers like that and cause an Earthquake.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    About The Trial of Magneto:

spoilers:
    Storm saying no, by the resurrection of Wanda, it hurt me, I really like the idea of ​​the two of them as friends
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, it did surprise me too but what butterflykyss mentioned a few posts above, I believe it is more befitting. She simply didn't want to bring a Wanda which no one will recognise and that would have caused even more mourn not only to her teams but to her family. Imagine, Wanda resurrected and finding out that she has 2 kids, she has wiped almost the entire mutant population at one point. Etc., etc. I can see why Storm voted NO in this case.

the marvels got dropped a long time ago. I was really hyped for that book but it let me down.
    I kinda liked The Marvels and it seems like Storm will have a major role in the next issue since she is going to investigate that Black Dome. Something tells me she will crack it open or challenge Sarah or w/e her name was...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    As for Way of X #5

spoilers:
    Nightcrawler used his powers to teleport the moon away from Mars, I think Storm could do the same using her elemental powers.
    end of spoilers
    I can't agree more. I was completely surprised that Storm didn't use her powers to push back the moon into space. She could totally do it... but perhaps there wasn't enough time or something?

As far as this week, I still believe that Storm didn't appear that much. I just wish they would be more active with her. And Jean and Scott appear this month like for 15th or 20th time... so unfair.

why do you think she would hsve voted yes to resurrect Wanda?
    Honestly just cause she's nice.

Congratulations on the 500 PAGES MARK! We did it!

Now, as far as Storm powers go... since plasma was mentioned and I was thinking... I could definitely imagine a bolt of lightning which is shot by Storm but instead of electrocuting or enflaming it freezes solid the ground and the enemies which she hits. Instantly turning them into ice statues and cracking them into billion pieces... another type of total shock. After all she can turn the plasma into helium base, just saying!
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 08-18-2021 at 04:05 PM.

500 pages nice. Congratulation all
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Preach it!

We have MUCH to catch up on when it comes to not only her power but the name behind that power. No matter what may happen in panels as in the one in Testament, the name of Magneto is that of a powerhouse. Basically, it's long pass time Storm's name carried the same weight (if not more) than folks like Mags in the greater MU. Like in X-treme, the more villainous ones may use their powers in more flashy ways but that does not make them more powerful.

Even as recently as X-Men #1 the guards nearly shat their pants when they saw Magneto while Storm was literally right there.
    Agreed beloved. Magneto is totally associated with that of being a respected powerhouse whose name inspires either fear or joy. Xmen 1 is a great example of the later as he was celebrated as a hero or maybe even a celebrity. the lack of reaction ororo receives supports X-Man and what he uttered about storm when the heroes memories were restored. They don't appreciate her or celebrate her because they don't see her in that regard. I dont think ororo would care about this but its still very awesome to see that writers are consistently showing her in this light.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I started writing in this community 2018 but I believe I've checked the forums from time to time on occasions when a google link brings me to CBR forums but other than that I believe I've been registered for a decade or so... maybe more?

But didn't she do exactly those things? Like manipulating water, creating pressure domes, etc.?

She also caused an earthquake in the Black Panther short animation. It was the first time I saw her use her powers like that and cause an Earthquake.

Yeah, it did surprise me too but what butterflykyss mentioned a few posts above, I believe it is more befitting. She simply didn't want to bring a Wanda which no one will recognise and that would have caused even more mourn not only to her teams but to her family. Imagine, Wanda resurrected and finding out that she has 2 kids, she has wiped almost the entire mutant population at one point. Etc., etc. I can see why Storm voted NO in this case.

I kinda liked The Marvels and it seems like Storm will have a major role in the next issue since she is going to investigate that Black Dome. Something tells me she will crack it open or challenge Sarah or w/e her name was...

I can't agree more. I was completely surprised that Storm didn't use her powers to push back the moon into space. She could totally do it... but perhaps there wasn't enough time or something?
    Thanks friend and let me know if the next issue is worth picking up. After that first issue I checked out lol.

And Happy 500 pages everyone!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Honestly just cause she's nice.

she is nice!!!! I agree

As far as this week, I still believe that Storm didn't appear that much. I just wish they would be more active with her. And Jean and Scott appear this month like for 15th or 20th time... so unfair.

I want more storm too!!!

BANNED

It's the regent effect kinda I mean before it was there but now unless it is a sword book and that is of only storm would be as prevalent as Abigail and we'll sword we must not expect much from her except a few symbolic cameos every other week. It is a way to dredge up her mythos and make her seem as the almighty ruler figure they are trying to set up. It's kinda a blessing and a curse.