Page 503 of 772 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513553603 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It just looks like one of her mini tornadoes, truth to tell.
    I know, I’m just having fun with creative panel interpretation, of course is going to be a mini tornado……
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yes, but I think the issue traces give an aspect that Mysteirum is fluid, a liquid, I think that's why it had this interpretation, but it would be nice if it was really a magnetic vortex.. xD
    That’s exactly the spirit, it would be really cool….. it could be….why not?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

It just looks like one of her mini tornadoes, truth to tell.
    Exact. although she has already made magnetic cyclones, I believe that in this case it was a mini-tornadoes.

Attachment 112840

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Y’all tell me why the Trial of Magneto thread has somehow devolved into a “Storm needs to humble herself,” thread.
    I had to lol when I read those posts. Magneto/Doom are super arrogant (we’ve seen other less powerful characters check Magneto and people applaud them) but a black woman asserting herself - “that’s a problem”….or still mad because Rogue still isn’t on the omega list. Part of me is ready to go there but They can stay mad.

I love that Storm voted no and I’d love to see an exchange with her & Magneto, and/or the Avengers about it. There is something to be said about justice. I feel like, same with the P5, there is a karmic price tjat needs to be paid on the path to redemption.

I even made a concept map referencing some of Ororo's basic skills, abruptly speaking (I even posted on my twitter, whoever wants to follow @HadariYao_ I'll follow back), I was thinking of making another concept map with a bigger ramification of skills for both defense and offense, and bring it here to debate. I would like to know from your what could be added to your abilities. I say this because I know that from everyone here Butterflykyss has a certain respect from both the fanbase and the xoffice screenwriters.
    Attachment 112841
    Last edited by Amazona dos ventos; 08-20-2021 at 09:09 AM.

About Ororo giving Magneto a blast, I loved it. Storm has always been like this, imposing, full of itself and I don't see any problem with it, I kind of like it, because it was just a quote. When a black character demonstrates grandeur or power he is really frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    I even made a concept map referencing some of Ororo's basic skills, abruptly speaking (I even posted on my twitter, whoever wants to follow @HadariYao_ I'll follow back), I was thinking of making another concept map with a bigger ramification of skills for both defense and offense, and bring it here to debate. I would like to know from your what could be added to your abilities. I say this because I know that from everyone here Butterflykyss has a certain respect from both the fanbase and the xoffice screenwriters.
    Attachment 112841
    electromagnetic radiation and solar radiation should be the same thing.... in general I would group photons(all spectral light), charged particles(solar winds), and EM fields( electric fields, magnetic fields)& lightning ALL under EM MANIPULATION with subgroups like electrokinesis, photokinesis, thermokinesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I had to lol when I read those posts. Magneto/Doom are super arrogant (we’ve seen other less powerful characters check Magneto and people applaud them) but a black woman asserting herself - “that’s a problem”….or still mad because Rogue still isn’t on the omega list. Part of me is ready to go there but They can stay mad.

I love that Storm voted no and I’d love to see an exchange with her & Magneto, and/or the Avengers about it. There is something to be said about justice. I feel like, same with the P5, there is a karmic price tjat needs to be paid on the path to redemption.
    What price should be paid though? I question why Storm voted no, though by all means she had every right to as she was one of the many mutants who where depowered and feels for those mutants who also suffered. I’d at least like to hear her reasoning. What price does Storm want Wanda to pay? If mental anguish and death aren’t enough then what is?
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Storm was never depowered in M-Day. She was one of the few who actually kept their powers. Her depowering happened "years earlier:" under very different circumstances.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    What price should be paid though? I question why Storm voted no, though by all means she had every right to as she was one of the many mutants who where depowered and feels for those mutants who also suffered. I’d at least like to hear her reasoning. What price does Storm want Wanda to pay? If mental anguish and death aren’t enough then what is?
    I don't think it was personal. I think Storm voted no because she saw how many mutants suffered. To me storm saying yes would be like Nightcrawler forcing the victim, lost, to interact with cortez. I can see how it could have come from a good place but i can't erase Lost feelings were not taken into account at all.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Storm was never depowered in M-Day. She was one of the few who actually kept their powers. Her depowering happened "years earlier:" under very different circumstances.
    Also all this.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    While I don't think Storm doesn't see Wanda that way anymore (but considering the writers do what they want), I don't think Storm voted no because it was personal, as @butterflykyss explained to me on Twitter, Storm has always been against resurrection protocols. , and also the backup of Wanda's psyche was not entirely accurate, she could come back being someone else, out of everyone who voted "No", hers is the least personal there, she acted with reason instead of emotion..

While I don't think Storm doesn't see Wanda that way anymore (but considering the writers do what they want), I don't think Storm voted no because it was personal, as @butterflykyss explained to me on Twitter, Storm has always been against resurrection protocols. , and also the backup of Wanda's psyche was not entirely accurate, she could come back being someone else, out of everyone who voted "No", hers is the least personal there, she acted with reason instead of emotion..
    That's also a good point when in Giant Size she says a measure of the life is how it was lived and didn't just lay down and get resurrected herself. Also it was made clear both the pietro and wanda backups were old meaning a lot of untold lost history.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Thank you for correcting me. I want to give the new Regent proper respect.

That’s also how I’d prefer to see it. Storm doesn’t like for a person to lose a piece of themselves. Even when she could have resurrected when she had that disease she questioned would that copy be herself and she chose to keep fighting for the life she had. That’s why I will always love Storm no matter how they depict her cause she would rather someone be whole and dead than to forget any growth when they came back.