Page 504 of 772 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514554604 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I had to lol when I read those posts. Magneto/Doom are super arrogant (we’ve seen other less powerful characters check Magneto and people applaud them) but a black woman asserting herself - “that’s a problem”….or still mad because Rogue still isn’t on the omega list. Part of me is ready to go there but They can stay mad.

I love that Storm voted no and I’d love to see an exchange with her & Magneto, and/or the Avengers about it. There is something to be said about justice. I feel like, same with the P5, there is a karmic price tjat needs to be paid on the path to redemption.
    Those posts have me laughing too. Ororo was simply stating the facts. She is an omega level mutant goddess and the others in the room simply are not on her power level. Anyone upset or believes it stupid that she is a goddess, or thinks her stating facts can stay mad because they obviously aren't reading the story and only looking to critique her because they don't like character. First off, Ororo didn't even want to take on the mantle of being goddess. She didn't want it or need it. Tchalla helped her to embrace it, which was a beautiful thing. Moreover, the irony of all of this is that Erik has been the one proclaiming to anyone who would listen that mutants are gods, not Storm (see Xmen issue 1). Secondly, she isn't going around throwing this in peoples faces unnecessarily. In both instances she did so to check egomaniacal individuals and interestingly enough upon doing so both backed down which is a testament its not her being full of herself but simply stating facts. Nevertheless, it was pretty apparent those users prefer a storm who is neutered or perceived as a lesser when compared to Erik, Exodus, Proteus, and others but they simply have to understand just as Ororo told Erik, those mutants are not the powerful anymore. Its a new era babues so stay mad but understand as the only omega who is an actual goddess on Krakoa's she has every right to assert herself when her position isn't being respected.

edit: just one last observations never take anyone seriously who wants to trash talk storm about her being powerful yet have no issue celebrating rogue, Jean, etc., for moments where they display their power. people can like or dislike whatever character they want but irs hardly anything to take serious.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-20-2021 at 10:21 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I find it amusing. I'm not bothered because obviously not everyone is gonna love all characters. I just think it's funny that they are getting pressed that Storm is apparently "arrogant" against Magneto and Doom of all people! Laughable. They can always read Xmen Gold if they're in a rush to see Storm humiliated 24/7. Or nearly any X comic from the past 15 years or so. Things are finally looking up for Storm so if they don't like it, too bad I guess. It is what it is.
    quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I find it amusing but also informative. Especially in a situation like this where magneto was literally attacking council members and crushing Xavier head but Storm should humble herself. It's just not even logical. lol
    it's not logical at all. she apparently was just supposed to sit there and accept Xavier being attacked and Erik throwing a tantrum i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    While I don't think Storm doesn't see Wanda that way anymore (but considering the writers do what they want), I don't think Storm voted no because it was personal, as @butterflykyss explained to me on Twitter, Storm has always been against resurrection protocols. , and also the backup of Wanda's psyche was not entirely accurate, she could come back being someone else, out of everyone who voted "No", hers is the least personal there, she acted with reason instead of emotion..
    agreed 100% stormy. excellent point.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Those posts have me laughing too. Ororo was simply stating the facts. She is an omega level mutant goddess and the others in the room simply are not on her power level. Anyone upset or believes it stupid that she is a goddess, or thinks her stating facts can stay mad because they obviously aren't reading the story and only looking to critique her because they don't like character. First off, Ororo didn't even want to take on the mantle of being goddess. She didn't want it or need it. Tchalla helped hr to embrace it. Secondly, she isn't going around throwing this in peoples faces unnecessarily. In both instances she did so to check egomaniacal individuals and interestingly enough upon doing so both backed down which is a testament its not her being full of herself but simply staring facts. Nevertheless, it was pretty apparent those users prefer a storm who is perceived as a lesser when compared to Erik, Exodus, Proteus, and others but they simply have to understand just as Ororo told Erik, those mutants are not the powerful anymore. Its a new era babues so stay mad but understand as the only omega who is an actual goddess on Krakoa's she has every right to assert herself when her position isn't being respected.
    A f-king men! Well, they all better break out the napkins to wipe away the salt because this is just the beginning for the Omega Level Mutant Goddess.

And I just can't help but notice that pages of anti-Storm rhetoric go unnoticed yet the moment a conversation sways in here we get a "Friendly reminder".

I love it here.

Some beautiful Storm art. Artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Some beautiful Storm art. Artist.
    Stunning piece.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

A f-king men! Well, they all better break out the napkins to wipe away the salt because this is just the beginning for the Omega Level Mutant Goddess.

And I just can't help but notice that pages of anti-Storm rhetoric go unnoticed yet the moment a conversation sways in here we get a "Friendly reminder".

I love it here.
    lmfao lolololololololololololol you took me out with this post and you are stating nothing but facts lolol

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lmfao lolololololololololololol you took me out with this post and you are stating nothing but facts lolol
    It just never amazes me the lengths people will go to when they try and sh1t on Storm's name. Like are we SERIOUSLY supposed to feel something other than joy when she calls out Magneto? This is the same guy who straight up told the Avengers they were all basically bugs save for Thor.

I just have a feeling that if it were Xavier or Exodus who made that statement towards Magneto the energy they're putting out would be a complete 180.

Some people just want Storm to be a mammy who does nothing but shoot ineffective lightning and juuuuust enough wind to support her body weight a few feet off the ground. Anything over that and it's:

It was a whole sausage party when Magneto kneeled before Cyclops but Storm saying he's not the most powerful in the room turned into pages upon pages of her needing to "humble herself" lmaoooo. The misogyny and anti blackness on here is ASTOUNDING
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Yeah, I just can't believe there are people out there mad that Storm is talking smack to Magneto and Doom of all people?! I can understand people being miffed when she did it to Captain America in Cota, but Doom and Magneto?! I too am curious what some people want from Storm's role in the Xmen.

She's been so badly mistreated for so long I can't understand why any wouldn't be celebrating her new status as Regent of Sol and her emerging prominence in the Xmen after nearly 2 decades of being shafted. I am cautious about it but damn, at least it's an effort we haven't seen the X office do before so I am excited. Do these people want Storm still taking orders from Kitty? Want her leadership constantly depicted as crap? Want her as a wallflower who never asserts her authority every now and then? I like Storm's arrogance. I am not interested in perfect characters and her arrogance is never overdone nor a constant part of her character like say Emma Frost, so I can appreciate/tolerate it more.

The same with Storm's powers. I have never cared about her being omega or whatever such nonsense, although her always doing lightning is boring. Still, you have Jean absorbing stars, Magneto opening wormholes, and all this other op crap but when Storm does stuff like that it's too much, not realistic blah blah blah. It's like people work overtime to keep the character down and want her to stay in the shitty rut she's been in. They're free to want that. I am glad that higher-ups right now don't share that desire though and are finally giving the character the right push in positive directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    It was a whole sausage party when Magneto kneeled before Cyclops but Storm saying he's not the most powerful in the room turned into pages upon pages of her needing to "humble herself" lmaoooo. The misogyny and anti blackness on here is ASTOUNDING
    But hey Magneto can take anything Storm throws at him. Didn't you know!?��*♂️

Yeah, I just can't believe there are people out there mad that Storm is talking smack to Magneto and Doom of all people?! I can understand people being miffed when she did it to Captain America in Cota, but Doom and Magneto?! I too am curious what some people want from Storm's role in the Xmen.

She's been so badly mistreated for so long I can't understand why any wouldn't be celebrating her new status as Regent of Sol and her emerging prominence in the Xmen after nearly 2 decades of being shafted. I am cautious about it but damn, at least it's an effort we haven't seen the X office do before so I am excited. Do these people want Storm still taking orders from Kitty? Want her leadership constantly depicted as crap? Want her as a wallflower who never asserts her authority every now and then? I like Storm's arrogance. I am not interested in perfect characters and her arrogance is never overdone nor a constant part of her character like say Emma Frost, so I can appreciate it more.

The same with Storm's powers. I have never cared about her being omega or whatever such nonsens, although her always doing lightning is boring. Still, you have Jean absorbing stars, Magneto opening wormholes, and all this other op crap but when Storm does stuff like that it's too much, not realistic blah blah blah. It's like people work overtime to keep the character down and want her to stay in the shitty rut she's been in. They're free to want that. I am glad that higher-ups right now don't share that desire though and are finally giving the character the right push in positive directions.
    That's just it. THAT is the Storm people got accustomed to seeing in the books and anything that differs from that causes major hackles to rise.

Not everyone lives off of classic comics where Storm was an actual force to be reckoned with. So now that this aspect of her character is coming back up the forefront it's "offensive" to a select crowd.

She's been so badly mistreated for so long I can't understand why any wouldn't be celebrating her new status as Regent of Sol and her emerging prominence in the Xmen after nearly 2 decades of being shafted. I am cautious about it but damn, at least it's an effort we haven't seen the X office do before so I am excited. Do these people want Storm still taking orders from Kitty? Want her leadership constantly depicted as crap? Want her as a wallflower who never asserts her authority every now and then? I like Storm's arrogance. I am not interested in perfect characters and her arrogance is never overdone nor a constant part of her character like say Emma Frost, so I can appreciate/tolerate it more.

The same with Storm's powers. I have never cared about her being omega or whatever such nonsense, although her always doing lightning is boring. Still, you have Jean absorbing stars, Magneto opening wormholes, and all this other op crap but when Storm does stuff like that it's too much, not realistic blah blah blah. It's like people work overtime to keep the character down and want her to stay in the shitty rut she's been in. They're free to want that. I am glad that higher-ups right now don't share that desire though and are finally giving the character the right push in positive directions.
    You put into words what it feels like a lot of the time coming here for me. It's like no no one goes to or wants to think someone has a problem with a character because of color or race but on the flip side i can be a very logical dude and if you ask every question it's disappointing where the answers leave you sometimes.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You put into words what it feels like a lot of the time coming here for me. It's like no no one goes to or wants to think someone has a problem with a character because of color or race but on the flip side i can be a very logical dude and if you ask every question it's disappointing where the answers leave you sometimes.
    I can assure you if Jean was still on the Quiet Council and called out Magneto the way Storm did no one would be saying that Jean needs to humble herself.

*And no, I'm not calling out Jean. Simply using the only other mutant that could actually challenge Magneto.*

I can assure you if Jean was still on the Quiet Council and called out Magneto the way Storm did no one would be saying that Jean needs to humble herself.

*And no, I'm not calling out Jean. Simply using the only other mutant that could actually challenge Magneto.*
    Logan literally PISSED in Magneto's helmet at the beginning of DoX and not ONE poster was talking about he needs to learn his place and humble himself. Matter of fact Logan threatens Magneto all the time despite having a mf metal skeleton. I normally don't let literal drawings on a piece of paper piss me off, but people doing the MAXIMUM right now.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 08-20-2021 at 11:18 AM.

And I see the queen of southern salt is alive and well, lmao.