Page 505 of 772 FirstFirst ... 5405455495501502503504505506507508509515555605 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Logan literally PISSED in Magneto's helmet at the beginning of DoX and not ONE poster was talking about he needs to learn his place and humble himself. Matter of fact Logan threatens Magneto all the time despite having a mf metal skeleton.
    LMAO I forgot about that particular instance.

But yes, this is what it boils down to when it comes to Storm. A select group of people despise when she is written in a strong type of way. They will bend themselves like Mr. Fantastic and a Elastagirl 2-some but call them out on it and you get "some of my best friends are black women" energy.

I do worry about the claims of racism. I don't truly know who anybody is on this forum beyond their keyboard, so I hesitate to ascribe a label to anyone here. I don't want to see anyone banned so maybe it might be best to leave those intimations private. Mods seem to ban people for that. At least probably make it less targeted. It's a tricky balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I do worry about the claims of racism. I don't truly know who anybody is on this forum beyond their keyboard, so I hesitate to ascribe a label to anyone here. I don't want to see anyone banned so maybe it might be best to leave those intimations private. Mods seem to ban people for that. At least probably make it less targeted. It's a tricky balance.
    Honestly the mods shoulda BEEN came in after the first five posts on unwarranted Storm hate considering it had nothing to do with the issue.

I do worry about the claims of racism. I don't truly know who anybody is on this forum beyond their keyboard, so I hesitate to ascribe a label to anyone here. If don't want to see anyone banned so maybe it might be best to leave those intimations private. Mods seem to ban people for that.
    As I've said to another user, you don't have to be yelling the N-word at the top of your lugs (or in the case of the internet, caps) to be racist or ascribe to racist "energy". In no way-shape-or form should Storm be humbling herself to Mags. This is a man whose reputation is BUILT ON being superior to everyone else in the room. And the moment a BLACK WOMAN challenges that reputation AND can back up her words comes along all hell breaks loose.

I do worry about the claims of racism. I don't truly know who anybody is on this forum beyond their keyboard, so I hesitate to ascribe a label to anyone here. If don't want to see anyone banned so maybe it might be best to leave those intimations private. Mods seem to ban people for that. At least probably make it less targeted. It's a tricky balance.
    Yes this does dfeel like an unsafe space sometimes for people calling out certain things but sometimes i get to a point where i feel like rather be banned so i stay away than not say something when it is blatant. Most things i don't address because i truly believe in freedom of opinion and embrace it but then there are times when it just defies logic and i just have to say something even if i get banned. I will never post to be right but i will post if it feels like the right thing to do. But i try to at least stay kind.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Honestly the mods shoulda BEEN came in after the first five posts on unwarranted Storm hate considering it had nothing to do with the issue.
    But haven't you heard? They aren't omnipotent.

*Which actually isn't even the right word. The correct word would be omnipresence but I'm being picky.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Some beautiful Storm art. Artist.
    this is stunning I love it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So Storm being able to beat Magneto turns into her being able to beat the entire planet.

Well, the Queen of Southern salt has found her Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this is stunning I love it.
    Apparently, he's making an entire X-Men lineup so I can't wait to see it when it's completed!

So Storm being able to beat Magneto turns into her being able to beat the entire planet.

Well, the Queen of Southern salt has found her Prince.
    LOL I screamed. Please, nobody in their right mind thinks she can take on every single person on Earth.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    LOL I screamed. Please, nobody in their right mind thinks she can take on every single person on Earth.
    Hey according to the Queen, Storm is too old to beat anyone so their logic conflicts.

Like attracts like. Makes my life easier when I know who to ignore.

As I've said to another user, you don't have to be yelling the N-word at the top of your lugs (or in the case of the internet, caps) to be racist or ascribe to racist "energy". In no way-shape-or form should Storm be humbling herself to Mags. This is a man whose reputation is BUILT ON being superior to everyone else in the room. And the moment a BLACK WOMAN challenges that reputation AND can back up her words comes along all hell breaks loose.
    I agree. I am a firm believer that racism or racists energy needs to be called out. And I'll be honest, I still don't really know if it exists on this forum or not within certain users, cause again, I just don't want to go there. I think I told myself that since this is a forum about comic books, I don't want to expend my energy fighting against perceived racism on what to me is a small inconsequential stage. I don't think I am going to change minds or be an effective kind of change by battling it here.

But I personally don't have a problem if others feel it is worthwhile to do so. I always go back and forth on whether I should have that kind of defeated/ laid back attitude but at the end of the day, I just don't feel like dealing with the hassle and threat of being banned. I have nothing but respect for those that do so though without fear of the consequences. I would just hate to lose some members over it.

I also still am trying to process how Storm needs to be humbled cause she talked **** to Magneto! Freaking Magneto! And I always get a kick out of how anyone that tries to assert Storm's strength or talks crap about her, you can always count on a certain poster to show up.

Hey according to the Queen, Storm is too old to beat anyone so their logic conflicts.
    LOOOL my chest omg you are HILARIOUS
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

LOOOL my chest omg you are HILARIOUS
    I absorb the energy I receive. They are giving me court Jester energies so that's what I'm putting out.