Page 506 of 772 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516556606 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    It just never amazes me the lengths people will go to when they try and sh1t on Storm's name. Like are we SERIOUSLY supposed to feel something other than joy when she calls out Magneto? This is the same guy who straight up told the Avengers they were all basically bugs save for Thor.

I just have a feeling that if it were Xavier or Exodus who made that statement towards Magneto the energy they're putting out would be a complete 180.

Some people just want Storm to be a mammy who does nothing but shoot ineffective lightning and juuuuust enough wind to support her body weight a few feet off the ground. Anything over that and it's:
    beloved im telling you. this has been going on for years. miraculously the only thing different now is that these individuals can no longer point to canon to support their vitriol for the character. at one point, as you know, they could point to tge fact she wasn't omega and a goddess because vanon supported that but now with that no longer being the.case they must find other means to vent their frustrations. its actually quite entertaining to witness the meltdown.

and you're absolutely right. had it been Exodus, or sinister, or even Jean people would have been cheering but because its storm, even though she has the resume to back such a statement, some take issue with it. it wouldn't be this well maybe she was talking about the other omegas or other means of rationalization. it would just be accepted. I honestly can't be mad because the xoffices have not been kind to her in the past so I can understand how casual xmen fans may not get seeing her in this manner. However, once its been explained and you have people still trying to lowball her is where it becomes silly to me. As you said, they would much prefer her pushing Xavier around in his willchair, babysitting mutants, while taking orders from kitty instead of being the character she was created to be.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I agree. I am a firm believer that racism or racists energy needs to be called out. And I'll be honest, I still don't really know if it exists on this forum or not within certain users, cause again, I just don't want to go there. I think I told myself that since this is a forum about comic books, I don't want to expend my energy fighting against perceived racism on what to me is a small inconsequential stage. I don't think I am going to change minds or be an effective kind of change by battling it here.

But I personally don't have a problem if others feel it is worthwhile to do so. I always go back and forth on whether I should have that kind of defeated/ laid back attitude but at the end of the day, I just don't feel like dealing with the hassle and threat of being banned. I have nothing but respect for those that do so though without fear of the consequences. I would just hate to lose some members over it.

I also still am trying to process how Storm needs to be humbled cause she talked **** to Magneto! Freaking Magneto! And I always get a kick out of how anyone that tries to assert Storm's strength or talks crap about her, you can always count on a certain poster to show up.
    This is also very logical and i like showing my art here and this is pretty much the only "social media" platform i regular so maybe my manic side is a little worked up so i'm going to go take a break. You sound like the "good "me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yes this does dfeel like an unsafe space sometimes for people calling out certain things but sometimes i get to a point where i feel like rather be banned so i stay away than not say something when it is blatant. Most things i don't address because i truly believe in freedom of opinion and embrace it but then there are times when it just defies logic and i just have to say something even if i get banned. I will never post to be right but i will post if it feels like the right thing to do. But i try to at least stay kind.
    I get it. I really do. As a black man I also just get tired of how we have to claw and fight for our respect and earned positions. And when you rightfully try to call out something or fight injustice, the opposition now gets to use the new buzzword of being too "woke" as a way of making you look crazy and unreasonable. It does stand out to me that Storm often has the target for criticism that many other characters just don't get. Sorry, I do respect others opinions, but I don't know what some were on about when it came to Storm checking Magneto. Just bizzare.

I’m dipping out of that but good luck y’all. The minute that somebody said being called racist is a slur I knew it was a lost cause. Love how the narrative has changed to “Storm fans xyz” when the hate train started way before a single Storm fan started bucking.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    beloved im telling you. this has been going on for years. miraculously the only thing different now is that these individuals can no longer point to canon to support their vitriol for the character. at one point, as you know, they could point to tge fact she wasn't omega and a goddess because vanon supported that but now with that no longer being the.case they must find other means to vent their frustrations. its actually quite entertaining to witness the meltdown.

and you're absolutely right. had it been Exodus, or sinister, or even Jean people would have been cheering but because its storm, even though she has the resume to back such a statement, some take issue with it. it wouldn't be this well maybe she was talking about the other omegas or other means of rationalization. it would just be accepted. I honestly can't be mad because the xoffices have not been kind to her in the past so I can understand how casual xmen fans may not get seeing her in this manner. However, once its been explained and you have people still trying to lowball her is where it becomes silly to me. As you said, they would much prefer her pushing Xavier around in his willchair, babysitting mutants, while taking orders from kitty instead of being the character she was created to be.
    And quite frankly if we look at the QC fight scene:

Who here could REALSTICALLY tango with Magneto? Among QC I would say maybe other than Storm only Exodus would have a decent chance at coming out victorious. Kate, for all her bluster, only got the "kill strike" because she snuck up on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m dipping out of that but good luck y’all. The minute that somebody said being called racist is a slur I knew it was a lost cause. Love how the narrative has changed to “Storm fans xyz” when the hate train started way before a single Storm fan started bucking.
    Yeah im backing out as well. Saturius brought me back to me senses but sometimes things just feel so wrong i feel extra sensitive to that energy. lol. I'm going to go play ultimate alliance 3.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    See ya around Kingdom and thank you for reminding me Logan took a piss in Magneto's helmet, LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    It was a whole sausage party when Magneto kneeled before Cyclops but Storm saying he's not the most powerful in the room turned into pages upon pages of her needing to "humble herself" lmaoooo. The misogyny and anti blackness on here is ASTOUNDING

right that was a hot mess but the girls were living.

Yeah, I just can't believe there are people out there mad that Storm is talking smack to Magneto and Doom of all people?! I can understand people being miffed when she did it to Captain America in Cota, but Doom and Magneto?! I too am curious what some people want from Storm's role in the Xmen.

She's been so badly mistreated for so long I can't understand why any wouldn't be celebrating her new status as Regent of Sol and her emerging prominence in the Xmen after nearly 2 decades of being shafted. I am cautious about it but damn, at least it's an effort we haven't seen the X office do before so I am excited. Do these people want Storm still taking orders from Kitty? Want her leadership constantly depicted as crap? Want her as a wallflower who never asserts her authority every now and then? I like Storm's arrogance. I am not interested in perfect characters and her arrogance is never overdone nor a constant part of her character like say Emma Frost, so I can appreciate/tolerate it more.

The same with Storm's powers. I have never cared about her being omega or whatever such nonsense, although her always doing lightning is boring. Still, you have Jean absorbing stars, Magneto opening wormholes, and all this other op crap but when Storm does stuff like that it's too much, not realistic blah blah blah. It's like people work overtime to keep the character down and want her to stay in the shitty rut she's been in. They're free to want that. I am glad that higher-ups right now don't share that desire though and are finally giving the character the right push in positive directions.
    agreed 100%

I can assure you if Jean was still on the Quiet Council and called out Magneto the way Storm did no one would be saying that Jean needs to humble herself.

*And no, I'm not calling out Jean. Simply using the only other mutant that could actually challenge Magneto.*
    of course they wouldn't have any issue. but like we've been saying they can stay mad because it won't change canon. she is a goddess and omega. crying about it won't change if

And I see the queen of southern salt is alive and well, lmao.
    lmfao you are a mess lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I get it. I really do. As a black man I also just get tired of how we have to claw and fight for our respect and earned positions. And when you rightfully try to call out something or fight injustice, the opposition now gets to use the new buzzword of being too "woke" as a way of making you look crazy and unreasonable. It does stand out to me that Storm often has the target for criticism that many other characters just don't get. Sorry, I do respect others opinions, but I don't know what some were on about when it came to Storm checking Magneto. Just bizzare.
    This. All of this. But they try to paint us as crazy when we start to question it.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

right that was a hot mess but the girls were living.

agreed 100%

of course they wouldn't have any issue. but like we've been saying they can stay mad because it won't change canon. she is a goddess and omega. crying about it won't change if

lmfao you are a mess lol
    Are you positive? I think they believe if the dump enough salt in every thread then Marvel will finally bend the knee.

xD hey like I said earlier, I use the energy I receive.

And quite frankly if we look at the QC fight scene:

Who here could REALSTICALLY tango with Magneto? Among QC I would say maybe other than Storm only Exodus would have a decent chance at coming out victorious. Kate, for all her bluster, only got the "kill strike" because she snuck up on him.
    storm has already taken out magneto and recently.

she's already proven what she can do and why Magneto was quiet when she put him in his place.

I am gonna put this here cause it is always something I have always wanted to say. I always find it laughable how some posters act like the Storm fandom is more crazy or fervent than others. Not just here, but around the entire web. They act like they are better, more sane, more reasonable etc. Thats so dumb. If you sought out cbr, made a username, and even have ONE post talking about comics or a comic book character, you're on the same level of "crazy" as everyone else. 1 post, or a thousand, you are on here talking about a niche product of comic book characters that many perceive as juvenile or pulpy nonsense. They need to quick acting like they are above it all, they're better, more special, and exempt from that "stigma." It's ridiculous.

storm has already taken out magneto and recently.

she's already proven what she can do and why Magneto was quiet when she put him in his place.
    Bringing the receipts Thank you! And again, I maintain my stance that only Storm's morals saved his ass in the classic days.

Are you positive? I think they believe if the dump enough salt in every thread then Marvel will finally bend the knee.

xD hey like I said earlier, I use the energy I receive.
    you know? maybe that is their approach. I just love seeing the meltdown down. I'm seeing so much misinformation that has been debunked by canon: glass cannon, no defenses, not a real god, human worshippers make her less of a god because it's not mutant. lolol. none of it is worth engaging because what will happen is that storm fans will get banned and they will go off Scott free to troll the next time storm is shown in a favorable light. my recommendation would be to ignore them and eat the popcorn. the more erroneous the better because at the end of the day everything storm fans have said about her turned out to be TRUE. that is the sweetest victory and speaks volumes louder than anything we can say in response to their nonsense.

I am gonna put this here cause it is always something I have always wanted to say. I always find it laughable how some posters act like the Storm fandom is more crazy or fervent than others. Not just here, but around the entire web. They act like they are better, more sane, more reasonable etc. Thats so dumb. If you sought out cbr, made a username, and even have ONE post talking about comics or a comic book character, you're on the same level of "crazy" as everyone else. 1 post, or a thousand, you are on here talking about a niche product of comic book characters that many perceive as juvenile or pulpy nonsense. They need to quick acting like they are above it all, they're better, more special, and exempt from that "stigma." It's ridiculous.