Page 51 of 772 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast

Storm being more powerful in space makes no sense with the whole 'Earth weather goddess' thing, but that's not much of complaint honestly.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They should have had Storm in that costume!
    that would have been cute.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Storm being more powerful in space makes no sense with the whole 'Earth weather goddess' thing, but that's not much of complaint honestly.
    Storm's weather powers are just a by product of her ability to sense the energies that make up an environment. I think a lot of people aren't aware that that is what her true mutation is, and it's not necessarily weather manipulation per se. That is just the form it takes when she is on Earth. Some people don't like that explanation though and it has been inconsistent across creative teams, but if one accepts that premise, it makes sense that she would be more powerful in space given the energies out there.

Fantastic Member

IMO what makes Storm more powerful in space is the fact that she has more direct access to cosmic energies and also her range is greater compared to when she is on Earth.

Astonishing Member

It has been long established that she can also controll space weather, because solar winds and all that. Writers using semantics to expand or change super powers isn't new after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Storm's weather powers are just a by product of her ability to sense the energies that make up an environment. I think a lot of people aren't aware that that is what her true mutation is, and it's not necessarily weather manipulation per se. That is just the form it takes when she is on Earth. Some people don't like that explanation though and it has been inconsistent across creative teams, but if one accepts that premise, it makes sense that she would be more powerful in space given the energies out there.
    great explanation. this is exactly why she was able to execute her infamous galatic core feat!

Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-27-2021 at 05:43 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    1000% correct which would also make her status as an Omega mutant weather manipulator make more sense. If Storm is in fact an energy manipulator whose power is expressed most naturally through weather manipulation, then she definitely has unlimited potential as once she learns to manipulate the energy form she will wrestle control of it (ie Trion). This could allow her to create storms of not only natural energy, but also potentially magical, and mystical energies as well. She just has to learn to tune herself with the patterns that they are created with. This could also be a segway to how she unlocks her magical potential as well as the key to her goddess mode lol.

Ok its end of the day and want to recount her moments from the issue today's xmen issue:

-the cover was very appropriate. it had her on it and it featured her greatly
    -she uses her wind to carry herself, cyclops, Jean, and smasher. before Hickman giant size storm issue we haven't really seen her do this like since Claremont lol
    -her and cyclops do a combo attack with their lightning-opto blast. they weren't sure which of their powers took out the assailant
    -storm uses her em field to block urr [who appears to be pretty strong]from killing xandra
    -storm one shots urr with lightning

it wasnt a character driven issue but this issue is a continuing of the xwriters showing how formidable she truly can be and its just January!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-27-2021 at 07:03 PM.

Loved Storm in this issue. The dialogue, the battle, everything. She offers compassion to the villain and gives him and opportunity to surrender. When he rejects it, she gets the one liner in before finishing him off. Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Loved Storm in this issue. The dialogue, the battle, everything. She offers compassion to the villain and gives him and opportunity to surrender. When he rejects it, she gets the one liner in before finishing him off. Classic.
    yes!!! her showing compassion but also not being afraid to cut a person down when necessary is how I love for her to be characterized. the issue was a wonderful issue for her indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Nice seeing Storm use a EM field to block an attack. I've often wondered how many times a character has to do something to be considered valid ability.
    Agreed. I think I can site dozen instances (iif not a few more) where she uses her powers defensively, but never seems to get the cred because it isn't shaped like sphere. Today's showing is pretty epic.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

saw these on twitter and thought it was nice
    Great find! This reminds of the Storm/Jean interactions noted by Hickman during the HoX/PoX resurrection ceremony. I love that this man shows his knowledge of X-lore, but touching on key panels that X-audiences connect with (but may not realize it).

great explanation. this is exactly why she was able to execute her infamous galatic core feat!
    Agreed. It's been well established that while within a planetary atmosphere Storm imposes limits on how manipulates the elements in order to preserve the natural order of the ecosystem. In space the need for that restraint should be greatly lessoned, so I think seeing her get a chance to really cut loose with no consequences would be awesome. Or just, besides a great story/new role, even exploring the adaptability of her powers based on her environment.

Today's issue with her creating that insta-shield was pretty epic for me. It really speaks to all the things we've discussed about her abilties over the years. It's refreshing and revitalizing for me when these moments happen.

Ok its end of the day and want to recount her moments from the issue today's xmen issue:

-the cover was very appropriate. it had her on it and it featured her greatly
    -she uses her wind to carry herself, cyclops, Jean, and smasher. before Hickman giant size storm issue we haven't really seen her do this like since Claremont lol
    -her and cyclops do a combo attack with their lightning-opto blast. they weren't sure which of their powers took out the assailant
    -storm uses her em field to block urr [who appears to be pretty strong]from killing xandra
    -storm one shots urr with lightning

it wasnt a character driven issue but this issue is a continuing of the xwriters showing how formidable she truly can be and its just January!!
    Well said. The only thing I will add, which yoga caught as well, I LOVED the red on the underside of her cape. That should become her standard costume right there. This was a good read, good solid art IMHO, good balance for the characters roles in the story, and an intriguing seg way into what's next for Storm. Will this include the Acanti? Does she become an interstellar/universal diplomat?
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 01-27-2021 at 08:15 PM.

Mighty Member

A lot of higher end energy manipulators are more powerful in space. Its not just Storm who is more powerful in space.. Firestar and Polaris are also much more powerful in space as well. Also as folks have said storm is manipulates energy to control the weather. That energy sight of her is just so versatile.

Storm was never just an 'EARTH WEATHER GODDESS'.

Her powerset was even said to be 'weather' only being a piece of her overall potential.
    She's just been BOGGED DOWN and written to poop for the last few decades.

Her potential surpasses that of just Earth.
    Past feats tell you this.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I love the red under Storm's costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed. I think I can site dozen instances (iif not a few more) where she uses her powers defensively, but never seems to get the cred because it isn't shaped like sphere. Today's showing is pretty epic.

Great find! This reminds of the Storm/Jean interactions noted by Hickman during the HoX/PoX resurrection ceremony. I love that this man shows his knowledge of X-lore, but touching on key panels that X-audiences connect with (but may not realize it).

Agreed. It's been well established that while within a planetary atmosphere Storm imposes limits on how manipulates the elements in order to preserve the natural order of the ecosystem. In space the need for that restraint should be greatly lessoned, so I think seeing her get a chance to really cut loose with no consequences would be awesome. Or just, besides a great story/new role, even exploring the adaptability of her powers based on her environment.

Today's issue with her creating that insta-shield was pretty epic for me. It really speaks to all the things we've discussed about her abilties over the years. It's refreshing and revitalizing for me when these moments happen.

Well said. The only thing I will add, which yoga caught as well, I LOVED the red on the underside of her cape. That should become her standard costume right there. This was a good read, good solid art IMHO, good balance for the characters roles in the story, and an intriguing seg way into what's next for Storm. Will this include the Acanti? Does she become an interstellar/universal diplomat?

1. I thought it was a great find as well. I really do enjoy anytime writers find a way to refer to previous events in canon. so seeing that was especially nice. I wouldn't mind costumes and certain scenes from the being showcased in some manner.

2. agreed im hoping with what appears to be a space arc we see her adaptability explored as well as her being able to cut loose. as you mentioned space would be the perfect environment to play around with more obscure applications of her abilities rarely seen.

3. indeed beloved. it is very nice to see the speculation fans have had around her powers and even her being an omega be confirmed. I've had my issue with some of the hickman era depiction of her but those parts are really gratifying to read.

4. I didnt realize how popular the red was on the cape. I know I saw Rosa asking for it but clearly they were tapping into a pretty popular opinion in the regard. both of those questions would be really cool to see. I like the idea of her being an interstellar diplomat. I wonder does any of this desire to go to space tie in to her adventures in the Marvels as well.