Page 510 of 772 FirstFirst ... 10410460500506507508509510511512513514520560610 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm really surprised how quickly that thread turned into a circle jerk of Storm hate over ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The amount of gas lighting going on in that thread is wild.

The amount of mental gymnastics they did to try to discredit Storm has my head spinning and all because she told Magneto to calm the hell down.
    I know right, the regent + goddess development is really ruffling some feathers
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I'm really surprised how quickly that thread turned into a circle jerk of Storm hate over ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The amount of gas lighting going on in that thread is wild.

The amount of mental gymnastics they did to try to discredit Storm has my head spinning and all because she told Magneto to calm the hell down.
    That is what took me out. for all intents and purpose Xavier is a father figure to Storm. he even gave her away at her wedding and was first dance. It's like so a daughter really shouldn't protect her father?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The thing is, it's not that Storm wanted to protect Xavier but rather how she went about doing it. Had that same scene happened and Storm yelled for Magneto to stop or ran to Xavier to get Cerebro off his head, you would have none of it. But because she DARED to call Magneto out and could actually back up her bark is what got people in a tizzy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That is what took me out. for all intents and purpose Xavier is a father figure to Storm. he even gave her away at her wedding and was first dance. It's like so a daughter really shouldn't protect her father?
    Let's be honest if Jean Grey or Cyclops repeated what Storm had said it would be a "badass" moment for both characters but because Storm said it now she's being arrogant and uppity and should remember her place.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    The thing is, it's not that Storm wanted to protect Xavier but rather how she went about doing it. Had that same scene happened and Storm yelled for Magneto to stop or ran to Xavier to get Cerebro off his head, you would have none of it. But because she DARED to call Magneto out and could actually back up her bark is what got people in a tizzy.
    As a general rule (especially on internet) when people wanna get mad about something any excuse is a good excuse
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    As a general rule (especially on internet) when people wanna get mad about something any excuse is a good excuse
    Accurate. Sad, but accurate.

Astonishing Member

Which is wild to me because literally Storm is one of the strongest members on the X-Men, one of their most iconic members, was X-Men leader from multiple X-Men teams throughout the years, has literally been with the Xmen almost since it's inception, is an Omega Lvl mutant AND a mutant GODDESS. Like put some mf RESPECT on the Hadari Yao's name!

"Ok FINE ig Storm is a god but she's not like the STRONGEST god." -_- like no shite. Literally nobody said she was her godhead is a fairly recent development and the Xbooks have just now even more recently confirmed it. A writer hasn't even had the chance to DEFINE IT yet.

But I digress it's time for me to finish my second playthrough of trails of Cold Steel 4.
    Last edited by loke13; 08-20-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I’d have to research it. Its tje issue where Wolverine asks her to set a line of thunderclaps between her and body, shen then sets them off (bunch of lightning strikes), which triggers a bunch of landmines that Logan could smell beneath them.
    Uncanny 469 and uncanny 470 & 471

thank you both. I dont recall much of these issues so I will need to go back and read them.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Which is wild to me because literally Storm is one of the strongest members on the X-Men, one of their most iconic members, was X-Men leader from multiple X-Men teams throughout the years, has literally been with the Xmen almost since it's inception, is an Omega Lvl mutant AND a mutant GODDESS. Like put some mf RESPECT on the Hadari Yao's name!

"Ok FINE ig Storm is a god but she's not like the STRONGEST god." -_- like no shite. Literally nobody said she was her godhead is a fairly recent development and the Xbooks have just now even more recently confirmed it. A writer hasn't even had the chance to DEFINE IT yet.

But I digress it's time for me to finish my second playthrough of trails of Cold Steel 4.
    Precisely! But none of that fits the narrative of some people.

I know right, the regent + goddess development is really ruffling some feathers
    it sure is. I do believe a lot of this negative response is because the xoffices took away any ammunition they had to deflate the characters and her fans. I can't tell you how many times before in battle threads and beyond users saying things like "FeaTz," or calling fans rabid for saying she was a goddess or omega. I've known users personally who were banned for saying such things. Now the very thing some would antagonize storm fans for is now canon. It's justice and validation that they simply cannot digest so the result is what we saw in that discussion thread.

Let's be honest if Jean Grey or Cyclops repeated what Storm had said it would be a "badass" moment for both characters but because Storm said it now she's being arrogant and uppity and should remember her place.
    Absolutely you both are correct here. There has always been a double standard as it relates to Storm. Her biggest feats were called outliers, she is called glass cannon, arrogant, and all sorts of names. Yet when other characters do the same its "xxxxx" character was right or something akin to that sentiment. As I've mentioned, I'm very thankful Coates came along and changed the narrative for the character because I truly don't believe she would be where she is now if not for his work. Lets not forget when he had her appearing in Black Panther, she was moppy, sleepy nap-nap storm who was taking orders from kitty who eventually couldn't do anything unless she had her precious stormcaster in tow.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Speaking of Tchalla and Storm I forgot she's supposed to be appearing in Black Panther in all her Royal Radiance.

Speaking of Tchalla and Storm I forgot she's supposed to be appearing in Black Panther in all her Royal Radiance.
    yes she is and I can't wait!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    No, my angel, it's inelegant you say for someone to go back to their physics class just for lack of information. If you know he got confused, just correct him in a friendly way and explain that there was an error. You don't need to demean others like that because you're not Einstein. it must be awful be you, need to want to put others down to feel better, Regina George Syndrome.
    Actually they are right solar radiation and all radiation infact fall under the electromagnetic spectrum. The speed may not be that of light but it is still nothing but a stream of charged particles. Aside gravity electromagnetism controls all physical phenomena we see in the universe. Gravity is a by product of space time and an attraction between mass, em force is everything else including radiation and energy. Strong and weak force hold and support sub atomic particles up to the proton. From the structure of the atom to the structure of a galaxy is determined by em.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 08-20-2021 at 07:58 PM.

A grin just crept across my face after I realized Storm's power, in theory, could possibly be used to create a star
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    A grin just crept across my face after I realized Storm's power, in theory, could possibly be used to create a star
    Erhm I have been saying that but that seems to pass over y'all's heads, she can and should be able to control nebulas from which stars, planets and even galaxies are born. Though it would take a godly amount of power.