Page 517 of 772 FirstFirst ... 17417467507513514515516517518519520521527567617 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,755 of 11576

One of the things I am looking forward to Storm being the Regent of Sol is how it is gonna mix up her character interactions. The potential for her to deal with various characters on the cosmic side of Marvel, political and otherwise, is exciting cause it's new and different for her. I usually don't like space stories in the Xmen but she's been so stagnant for so long I am greatly anticipating this new direction for her. Its a shame Brubaker never got to use her for his space stories during his UXM run like he wanted. That would have been even more material that Ewing could have drawn upon to enrich this current part of her story and direction.
    Last edited by Saturius; 08-22-2021 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you know that is a good question. I dont think they are friends but I do believe he respects her especially considering the times they have encountered each other she has caused him a bit of pain:

so I definitely think there is a great amount of respect.

#canonfeats
    #noalternatetimelines
    #realdeal
    And just think she's only grown in power since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    One of the things I am looking forward to Storm being the Regent of Sol is how it is gonna mix up her character interactions. The potential for her to deal with various characters on the cosmic side of Marvel is exciting cause it's new and different for her. I usually don't like space stories in the Xmen but she's been so stagnant for so long I am greatly anticipating this new direction for her. Its a shame Brubaker never got to use her for his space stories during his UXM run like he wanted. That would have been even more material that Ewing could have drawn upon to enrich this current part of her story and direction.
    I've been hyped for this since it was confirmed she would be regent of Sol! I vaguely remember when Coates was rumored to be writing a Storm solo that he would have her take on cosmic heavy weights like Thanos, so I'm wondering if Ewing is going to have that same energy.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    And just think she's only grown in power since then.

I've been hyped for this since it was confirmed she would be regent of Sol! I vaguely remember when Coates was rumored to be writing a Storm solo that he would have her take on cosmic heavy weights like Thanos, so I'm wondering if Ewing is going to have that same energy.
    absolutely and she didn't even use her full power then too.

to Saturius post i agree this will put her in the company of characters she don't typically engage with and expose her to both threats and allies that will make for great storytelling. we already had her have dinner with doom so im excited for what's to come.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

absolutely and she didn't even use her full power then too.

to Saturius post i agree this will put her in the company of characters she don't typically engage with and expose her to both threats and allies that will make for great storytelling. we already had her have dinner with doom so im excited for what's to come.
    Precisely! I feel like of the many beings Storm has encountered she would have no excuse to not go all out against him if the situation called for it. However, this is where her durability issue would rear its ugly head.

Her expanding enemies and allies list would be the cherry on top of all of this. I mean let's face facts, Storm is getting into politics and that is a 100% guaranteed way to piss off a group of people while getting the praise of others.

Incredible Member

This scan has me thinking... Is that sun in the upper left corner? Did Storm call down a lightning bolt backed by the power of the sun to strike Silver Surfer? This would mean the lightning bolt was also FTL since it takes light 8 minutes to travel from the sun to Earth.

Precisely! I feel like of the many beings Storm has encountered she would have no excuse to not go all out against him if the situation called for it. However, this is where her durability issue would rear its ugly head.

Her expanding enemies and allies list would be the cherry on top of all of this. I mean let's face facts, Storm is getting into politics and that is a 100% guaranteed way to piss off a group of people while getting the praise of others.
    absolutely and agreed. this is the role she was made for and hopefully we get to see some flexes from both diplomatic and power sides.

I posted this in the other thread but I think it's appropriate in context to what we are talking about now:

I want to say it is great to see Leah following a common theme we are starting to see from the xoffices.

Ewing made her the most powerful mutant in the cosmos by making her Queen of Sol:

Duggan mentioned through Knull she was his most powerful avatar, which he ad not only possessed thor and hulk but celestials as well:

Leah is following a common trend by having Ororo acknowledge her power. I mean she is the only omega who is a real god so her words seriously shouldn't be a shock to anyone:

I truly believe Ewing is going to have her doing some things that will continue to back up her words to Erik and im ready for it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

you know that is a good question. I dont think they are friends but I do believe he respects her especially considering the times they have encountered each other she has caused him a bit of pain:

so I definitely think there is a great amount of respect.

#canonfeats
    #noalternatetimelines
    #realdeal
    It's always sad this encounter is alway played down because of the Panther's arm bar lock.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    It's always sad this encounter is alway played down because of the Panther's arm bar lock.
    unlike what happened with T'Challa ororo has hurt him before. also after the armlock, Silver Surfer did subdue BP:

Friends... serious question. How do people make claims about how powerful Storm is or isn't when they aren't fully versed on her canonical feats and showings? Its as if their source for all things Storm is from the Foxmen verse.

I see the Trial of Magneto thread is still a steaming pile. Just think, Storm caused all this ruckus with ONE line out of a whole issue! They think they mad now they're going to be near suicidal with salt when Ewing really gets her going.

Let it flow, let it flow.

Friends... serious question. How do people make claims about how powerful Storm is or isn't when they aren't fully versed on her canonical feats and showings? Its as if their source for all things Storm is from the Foxmen verse.
    As I said before Butterfly, people are so accustomed with the wallflower Storm that anything that differs is considered OOC or an outlier. They not ready for the resurgence of the ACTUAL Storm.

I see the Trial of Magneto thread is still a steaming pile. Just think, Storm caused all this ruckus with ONE line out of a whole issue! They think they mad now they're going to be near suicidal with salt when Ewing really gets her going.

I'm saying. It's too bad Storm is going to be the Regent of Sol. In SWORD 10 she has to fight the Lethal Legion to defend Sol. But since they are making threats, Storm is gonna do what's right and watch her tone while she humbles herself. I mean, they're only threatening violence after all. Lets hope she knows her place when they start pillaging.

I'm saying. It's too bad Storm is going to be the Regent of Sol. In SWORD 10 she has to fight the Lethal Legion to defend Sol. But since they are making threats, Storm is gonna do what's right and watch her tone while she humbles herself. I mean, they're only threatening violence after all. Lets hope she knows her place when they start pillaging.
    Nah fam, she's going to take a quick nap. Her ego so damn big that it causes constant tiredness.

lmfao omg yes yes to all of this. she hasn't even done anything yet to flex and the children are all in a tizzy lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Or its a bluff* coz wasn't this the part where BP would have blasted him or was it the frogs? -- and Im being lazy here not going back to the actual book -- help for correct referrences appreciated --

But still a prince or a princess by default is still special -- who doesnt want a little Ororo (by any baby daddy honestly) or little Tchalla (by extension)

for a newly wed that is also both foul and fair play by Uatu (i still see him the great liar to this day) to use and save himself -- regardless its tickling the possibilities and imagination now give us those kids please -- 😏
    Come to think of it though, how come Storm doesn't actualy have any children from alternate universes, clones or gene spliced "sisters" running around the regular universe? In fact it seems none of her alternate future children ever seem to have an relevance in any stories they appeared in.

It seems her main roles in dark futures seems to be that she dies early, while the other heros or their children are those preventing the futures from happening.

Meanwhile despite her power no mad villain or evil organization seems particular eager to harness her powers via clones, splicing or other methods of replication.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Come to think of it though, how come Storm doesn't actualy have any children from alternate universes, clones or gene spliced "sisters" running around the regular universe? In fact it seems none of her alternate future children ever seem to have an relevance in any stories they appeared in.

It seems her main roles in dark futures seems to be that she dies early, while the other heros or their children are those preventing the futures from happening.

Meanwhile despite her power no mad villain or evil organization seems particular eager to harness her powers via clones, splicing or other methods of replication.
    Post Claremont, we can barely get X architects to care about and develop Storm! You think they're going to be even trying to come up with alternate reality characters derived from her? You are just highlighting how little the Xoffice has cared for Storm over the years. This is just one small piece of evidence among a staggering amount of other instances of how Storm is just not a priority of the X office. That's why this Regent of Sol development is critical.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

she had alternate reality children but they are mostly discussed in black panther. there was one she had Kymera i believe that was added by the xoffices.

Post Claremont, we can barely get X architects to care about and develop Storm! You think they're going to be even trying to come up with alternate reality characters derived from her? You are just highlighting how little the Xoffice has cared for Storm over the years. This is just one small piece of evidence among a staggering amount of other instances of how Storm is just not a priority of the X office. That's why this Regent of Sol development is critical.

Absolutely and why I hope storm fans go out and support the title!