Page 520 of 772 FirstFirst ... 20420470510516517518519520521522523524530570620 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I see thank you for your explanation.

would love to see her playing around with that force as it is a natural force of the universe.
    I wanted more stunts, something more explicit and raw. In addition to the electromagnetic force, which is the source of its powers, gravity would be a wonderful thing to see.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Those are actually pretty good finds but some logic is lacking in them. I will start with a few things which lack for me:

1) Will Storm really think of Air pressure first? Like would it be the very first thing to do? And are you certain that air pressure can breach through the magnetic field, because if this is so then why the pressure on Earth doesn't breach through the upper atmosphere but is actually condensed on the planet?

2) Have she ever directly tried to manipulate Magneto's magnetic fields? It seems rather unrealistic that Magneto will just let her manipulate his magnetic defences or fields for that matter...

3) You did give me a thought though, Air pressure might be strong enough to penetrate the magnetic field, however, the pressure which must be released is Unearthly. Wind Pressure works a bit more different than simply pushing gravity or controlling gravity itself. Gravity itself is an element that is connected to the magnetic fields, not the air pressure. Just clarifying.

I don't think that she can manipulate the gravity fields this way. Or the gravity element itself. She can, yes, protect herself against it... maybe but it is not like gravity faces a gravity it is more like an immense pressure faces an immense well gravity... there is no other explanation while for air pressure you can break it into small pieces. Wind and pressure. And the wind is not something that manipulates or breaks gravity it just bends it or something like that. Strong winds can lift a human being, but not because they interfere directly with the gravity but because their winds are simply too strong and since the winds are too strong they create the pressure which lifts. This IS NOT DIRECT GRAVITY MANIPULATION. I want to make this VERY CLEAR.
    I did not understand. How do you use air pressure to break magnetic fields? I did not say that '-'

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    I did not understand. How do you use air pressure to break magnetic fields? I did not say that '-'
    I assumed that you said that because when I asked how she will breach through Magneto's magnetic defences your next post was about Air pressure. I assumed that this is how you think she will be able to do it.

In short, what I think will happen in this situation if Magneto and Storm ever face... it will be either a draw or it will kill both of them. Their powers are powerful, and Magneto is sharp. Storm is intelligent as well, but Magneto is quite the cunning man... I don't say that he will completely beat her or that she will completely beat him, but they will take severe damage and maybe even destroy each other. Storm, of course, has a bit higher chance of survival based on assumptions. In other words, she has beaten Magneto in the past, but we DO NOT INCLUDE all the growth Magneto did from their last encounter.

Storm is powerful, and she is my top favourite, but this battle will be based on the will and who has more stamina to withstand all those devastating attacks that each one of them will release. And I am like 95% certain that Air Pressure or Electromagnetic manipulation will not cross Storm's mind at first at all. However, if Storm concentrates strong enough lightning that is charged with electrolysis, she can depart his magnetic defences on an atomic level, just like she did in her solo when she stopped that Tsunami. However, this will be a close draw, and Storm will take a lot of damage regardless if we like it or not.

Now, I do not include her divinity here because it is still in progress of evolving, and she hasn't learned how to control it and be in that state fully. However, if we consider her Godhood and talk about development here, which isn't fully accomplished yet, she can take him and probably wipe the floor with him. Still, since we cannot back up this with any scans right now, I think that their battle will be close, and they will be both on the brink of death once the battle ends.

I said that gravity interacting with air molecules causes what we know as atmospheric pressure. And what a storm by controlling and manipulating this weather element, most likely has direct access to the force of gravity (may manipulate it or control it hypothetically speaking), since in addition to creating pressure fields and being immune to the effect of gravity, it has a sense of how it exerts its force on air currents and tides.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I assumed that you said that because when I asked how she will breach through Magneto's magnetic defences your next post was about Air pressure. I assumed that this is how you think she will be able to do it.

In short, what I think will happen in this situation if Magneto and Storm ever face... it will be either a draw or it will kill both of them. Their powers are powerful, and Magneto is sharp. Storm is intelligent as well, but Magneto is quite the cunning man... I don't say that he will completely beat her or that she will completely beat him, but they will take severe damage and maybe even destroy each other. Storm, of course, has a bit higher chance of survival based on assumptions. In other words, she has beaten Magneto in the past, but we DO NOT INCLUDE all the growth Magneto did from their last encounter.

Storm is powerful, and she is my top favourite, but this battle will be based on the will and who has more stamina to withstand all those devastating attacks that each one of them will release. And I am like 95% certain that Air Pressure or Electromagnetic manipulation will not cross Storm's mind at first at all. However, if Storm concentrates strong enough lightning that is charged with electrolysis, she can depart his magnetic defences on an atomic level, just like she did in her solo when she stopped that Tsunami. However, this will be a close draw, and Storm will take a lot of damage regardless if we like it or not.

Now, I do not include her divinity here because it is still in progress of evolving, and she hasn't learned how to control it and be in that state fully. However, if we consider her Godhood and talk about development here, which isn't fully accomplished yet, she can take him and probably wipe the floor with him. Still, since we cannot back up this with any scans right now, I think that their battle will be close, and they will be both on the brink of death once the battle ends.
    Oh yes! No... it wasn't the subject of Magneto I was referring to.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

want to clear things up. gravity is one of the four forces of nature:

https://www.space.com/four-fundamental-forces.html

Ororo can manipulate not only energy patterns to create weather phenomena but she also controls the forces of nature:

That said, she has only canonically controlled em forces but I do believe the other forces could be under her control as well. This has definitely sparked interest after seeing gravity doesn't affect her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

already loved Storm her voting aganist reviving Scarlet Witch just adds on to all those other things....

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Actually he hasn't he has made wormholes but never black holes infact the only part of gravity he controls is using magnetic fields to negate Earth's gravity on him. Plus radiation kills black holes I forgot the name but it's a proven thing now. So storm could on theory kill said black hole he can't even create.
    This talk about undoing magnetic fields, wormholes and black holes... It reminded me of Shuri's book, where Storm undid the force fields of a being that opened wormholes to teleport.

Deleted my post on gravity and pressure? For what reason? '-'

Deleted my post on gravity and pressure? For what reason? '-'
    The images you posted were advertising a pirate comic book site
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Here is a more complete sequence of events that transpired in Silver Surfer v3 #85

Last edited by Micabe; 08-23-2021 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    yes. her bolt STILL hurt a fully powered Silver Surfer Znop. Not sure what the point is here.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

yes. her bolt STILL hurt a fully powered Silver Surfer Znop. Not sure what the point is here.
    What I don't understand these characters are said to absorb energy, but end up being affected lol.

BANNED

yes. her bolt STILL hurt a fully powered Silver Surfer Znop.
    When and where did I say said it didn't... I said, "Here is a more complete sequence of events that transpired in Silver Surfer v3 #85."

Not sure what the point is here.
    Not everything is a conspiracy -- I simply posted the page that came before the "single page" you posted and the ones that came after it to add context and clarity -- not everyone has and or reads Silver Surfer.
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-23-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    What I don't understand these characters are said to absorb energy, but end up being affected lol.
    My headcanon: I can eat cake but it gets all over my face if my mouth is closed and someone decides to slap me with it
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

You're welcome! I explained in the text above, it she direct access to the force of gravity since it manipulates and controls atmospheric pressure, which happens to be directly related to the force that gravity exerts on air molecules.
    <3
    She can fly. So gravity doesn't affect her like non-fliers.

The ability to control gravity is not within her range of abilities...yet.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.