Page 530 of 772 FirstFirst ... 30430480520526527528529530531532533534540580630 ... LastLast
Results 7,936 to 7,950 of 11576

Remember that in the marvel universe only a handful of human can produce their own mystical energy to power their spells, such is the case of TOPAZ a one time disciple of Stephen Strange or Clea whose half faltinian heritage allows her to generate her own magical energy just like her uncle Dormammu and mother Umar.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Guys please if you have read the xbooks coming tomorrow does storm do anything? Dm me the answer thank you ��

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Remember that in the marvel universe only a handful of human can produce their own mystical energy to power their spells, such is the case of TOPAZ a one time disciple of Stephen Strange or Clea whose half faltinian heritage allows her to generate her own magical energy just like her uncle Dormammu and mother Umar.
    dae do you have a better resolution by chance I cant read that one. if not no worries your explanation was very thorough.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Also, The Tarot stated Storm's mystical potential was traced by as far as Ashake well possibly even further than that.

It's shown that Storm ancestor was actually invoking Oshtur for magic which means Storm magical powers are divine in origin basically her godhead

But that doesn't mean she can only control just divine magic it's just her magic origin. We've seen her control different types of magic also marvel gods have an affinity to use all magic. Storm just has to learn or train with someone like Agatha or Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    dae do you have a better resolution by chance I cant read that one. if not no worries your explanation was very thorough.
    http://www.marvunapp.com/ohotmu/appendixes/magapp.htm

MAGIC
    From the Journals of Ian McNee (a continuing work in progress)
    Magic, sometimes known as sorcery, is a conceptual system that allows an individual to control the natural world (including events, objects, people, and physical phenomena) by utilizing certain universal energies whose nature is generally beyond the scope of the technologically oriented science of all known sentient races. The level at which an individual may manipulate these energies is determined by two factors: mystic potential and study/training. Mystic potential refers to the innate spiritual energy that exists in all living beings. The amount of this energy varies greatly from individual to individual. Unlike mutant powers, these powers sometimes remain dormant for the individual's entire lifetime. Even beings born with vast amounts of potential energy may only access it by learning certain techniques and then by performing these techniques properly. Though the effects of magic are remarkably varied, the energy used to create these effects can be categorized as originating from one of four distinct mystical sources: Egocentric, Ecocentric, Exocentric and Necromantic. Three of the four (Egocentric, Ecocentric, Exocentric) were introduced to Earth by its first Sorcerer Supreme, Agamotto, who recorded information about his discovery and mastery of these "Three Paths to Enlightenment" in THE BOOK OF THE VISHANTI.

Egocentric (from the Greek: ego, "self") This method for manipulating mystic energy, originally known as the Lapis Path, refers to magic derived from tapping into one's own spiritual energies. This particular form of magic may appear to the untrained eye to be psychic in nature, but indeed spiritual energies are tapped rather than psychic or mental energies. Egocentric skills include astral projection, hypnosis, mental domination and telepathy.

Ecocentric (from the Greek: oikos, "household") This method for manipulating mystic energy, originally known as the Emerald Road, refers to the ambient mystic energies of an environment. After learning to control his/her personal energy through the study of Egocentric magic, a sorcerer may next learn how to connect his own life force to the ambient mystic energies of the surrounding environment. Once entwined, the energy may be manipulated to create a variety of effects As with individuals, some places have greater "mystic potential" than others. On Earth, magic energy flows through chartable courses called "ley lines" or lung-mei (dragon paths). Churches and temples are oftentimes built along these lines with sacred sites like Stonehenge and Glastonbury Tor occurring at points where two or more ley lines meet. (See INDEX C: SACRED SITES OF EARTH) Other dimensions such as the Dark Dimension or the various mystic realms have much greater mystic potential than those of the Earth Dimension, but their alien energy is far more difficult to control (See INDEX B: OTHER DIMENSIONAL MYSTIC REALMS).

Once an environment's mystic potential has been tapped, a sorcerer may manipulate it to form and hurl energy blasts (usually referred to as "Bolts of Bedevilment") or erect basic shields. Illusions and disguises are also woven together out of ecocentric materials. One may even conjure up small "solid" items, though said items are not usually very stable and may disappear as quickly as they appeared. Classic elemental substances (Earth, Air, Fire and Water) are also available to the learned mage and may be manipulated into weapons, shields or in some cases, minions.

A specialized form of Ecocentric Magic is known as Weaver Magic. A Weaver Mage, also known as "Wyrdling" learns to mystically see the "threads of destiny" or "life-threads" that float around all living things. Instead of tapping into his own energies (as with Egocentric) or into the ambient energy that surrounds him (the traditional Ecocentric method), the Weaver Mage taps into the personal energies of another individual. Not to steal them (as with Necromantic), but to read them and possibly manipulate the energy lines within the other individual's aura. A Weaver Mage may instantly learn the entire history of anyone or anything just by touching one of these threads, and an experienced Mage is sometimes able to create more favorable fates by entwining this thread with that thread or shearing away knotted destinies. Through careful manipulation of these "Life-lines" a powerful Wyrdling could prevent an undesirable fate from coming to pass. In addition to weaving preferable fortunes, the Weaver Mage is gifted at fashioning bindings, crafting illusions and weaving enchantments into items, especially cloth items. A Grand Master of the Wyrdling Way created Dr. Stephen Strange's Cloak of Levitation.

Exocentric (from the Greek: exo, "outside") This very advanced form of magic, originally known as the Golden Way, refers to the form of magic that draws upon forces from dimensions outside our own. Only very experienced sorcerers are able to communicate with powerful mystical beings that inhabit these "other dimensions" and appeal to them for assistance. To invoke the aid of godlike beings (also referred to as the mystic principalities) such as Cyttorak, Ikonn, Raggadorr or Watoomb (See INDEX A: MYSTIC PRINCIPALITIES) a sorcerer must learn complex incantations and master subtle gestures in order to increase the chances of receiving a positive response. The more powerful the entity (or the less powerful the sorcerer) the more complicated the ritual of invocation becomes.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Incredible Member

thank you both!!! im going to read the scan dae provided.

one additional question. if Wanda can utilize chaos magic which is divine wouldn't that mean she has some connection to godhood? q
    Wanda invokes the god's magic. Just like Dr. Strange... He uses magic from Gods like Osthur and her son Agamotto. This means they don't have a godhead but by invoking the gods they are able to cast powerful spells and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Guys please if you have read the xbooks coming tomorrow does storm do anything? Dm me the answer thank you ��
    I'd also like a PM.

thank you both!!! im going to read the scan dae provided.

one additional question. if Wanda can utilize chaos magic which is divine wouldn't that mean she has some connection to godhood? q
    Wanda (eversince her birth) is blessed by Chthon, for all intent her purposes his power is her power, that’s why chaos magic comes to her at will, she’s basically an avatar for elemental chaos, she does not even need to use spells in order to unleash magic most of the times. As a nexus being her offspring are destined to wield eternity level powers, for instance Wiccan is said to one day become the demiurge, father of all elder gods.
    Last edited by Daedra; 08-24-2021 at 04:42 PM.

Incredible Member

Plus it's shown Cthon blessed Scarlet with the abilities to wield chaos magic when she was a baby if I remembered it correctly. While she doesn't have a godhead her magic is divine in origin.

for those asking for spoilers related to storm tomorrow............

keep going....

a little more.........

there are none. lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

for those asking for spoilers related to storm tomorrow............

keep going....

a little more.........

there are none. lol

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post

Also, The Tarot stated Storm's mystical potential was traced by as far as Ashake well possibly even further than that.
    Definitely further. Ayesha was said to be the first if not one of the first Sorceror Supreme. I would kill to see some of this explored more in a mini. Such a goldmine of history that Marvel refuses to explore for Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post

excellent pont and agreed. this is why I mentioned are there instances where an user can control both certainly ororo would qualify as one who can.

It's shown that Storm ancestor was actually invoking Oshtur for magic which means Storm magical powers are divine in origin basically her godhead

But that doesn't mean she can only control just divine magic it's just her magic origin. We've seen her control different types of magic also marvel gods have an affinity to use all magic. Storm just has to learn or train with someone like Agatha or Scarlet Witch.
    http://www.marvunapp.com/ohotmu/appendixes/magapp.htm

MAGIC
    From the Journals of Ian McNee (a continuing work in progress)
    Magic, sometimes known as sorcery, is a conceptual system that allows an individual to control the natural world (including events, objects, people, and physical phenomena) by utilizing certain universal energies whose nature is generally beyond the scope of the technologically oriented science of all known sentient races. The level at which an individual may manipulate these energies is determined by two factors: mystic potential and study/training. Mystic potential refers to the innate spiritual energy that exists in all living beings. The amount of this energy varies greatly from individual to individual. Unlike mutant powers, these powers sometimes remain dormant for the individual's entire lifetime. Even beings born with vast amounts of potential energy may only access it by learning certain techniques and then by performing these techniques properly. Though the effects of magic are remarkably varied, the energy used to create these effects can be categorized as originating from one of four distinct mystical sources: Egocentric, Ecocentric, Exocentric and Necromantic. Three of the four (Egocentric, Ecocentric, Exocentric) were introduced to Earth by its first Sorcerer Supreme, Agamotto, who recorded information about his discovery and mastery of these "Three Paths to Enlightenment" in THE BOOK OF THE VISHANTI.

Egocentric (from the Greek: ego, "self") This method for manipulating mystic energy, originally known as the Lapis Path, refers to magic derived from tapping into one's own spiritual energies. This particular form of magic may appear to the untrained eye to be psychic in nature, but indeed spiritual energies are tapped rather than psychic or mental energies. Egocentric skills include astral projection, hypnosis, mental domination and telepathy.

Ecocentric (from the Greek: oikos, "household") This method for manipulating mystic energy, originally known as the Emerald Road, refers to the ambient mystic energies of an environment. After learning to control his/her personal energy through the study of Egocentric magic, a sorcerer may next learn how to connect his own life force to the ambient mystic energies of the surrounding environment. Once entwined, the energy may be manipulated to create a variety of effects As with individuals, some places have greater "mystic potential" than others. On Earth, magic energy flows through chartable courses called "ley lines" or lung-mei (dragon paths). Churches and temples are oftentimes built along these lines with sacred sites like Stonehenge and Glastonbury Tor occurring at points where two or more ley lines meet. (See INDEX C: SACRED SITES OF EARTH) Other dimensions such as the Dark Dimension or the various mystic realms have much greater mystic potential than those of the Earth Dimension, but their alien energy is far more difficult to control (See INDEX B: OTHER DIMENSIONAL MYSTIC REALMS).

Once an environment's mystic potential has been tapped, a sorcerer may manipulate it to form and hurl energy blasts (usually referred to as "Bolts of Bedevilment") or erect basic shields. Illusions and disguises are also woven together out of ecocentric materials. One may even conjure up small "solid" items, though said items are not usually very stable and may disappear as quickly as they appeared. Classic elemental substances (Earth, Air, Fire and Water) are also available to the learned mage and may be manipulated into weapons, shields or in some cases, minions.

A specialized form of Ecocentric Magic is known as Weaver Magic. A Weaver Mage, also known as "Wyrdling" learns to mystically see the "threads of destiny" or "life-threads" that float around all living things. Instead of tapping into his own energies (as with Egocentric) or into the ambient energy that surrounds him (the traditional Ecocentric method), the Weaver Mage taps into the personal energies of another individual. Not to steal them (as with Necromantic), but to read them and possibly manipulate the energy lines within the other individual's aura. A Weaver Mage may instantly learn the entire history of anyone or anything just by touching one of these threads, and an experienced Mage is sometimes able to create more favorable fates by entwining this thread with that thread or shearing away knotted destinies. Through careful manipulation of these "Life-lines" a powerful Wyrdling could prevent an undesirable fate from coming to pass. In addition to weaving preferable fortunes, the Weaver Mage is gifted at fashioning bindings, crafting illusions and weaving enchantments into items, especially cloth items. A Grand Master of the Wyrdling Way created Dr. Stephen Strange's Cloak of Levitation.

Exocentric (from the Greek: exo, "outside") This very advanced form of magic, originally known as the Golden Way, refers to the form of magic that draws upon forces from dimensions outside our own. Only very experienced sorcerers are able to communicate with powerful mystical beings that inhabit these "other dimensions" and appeal to them for assistance. To invoke the aid of godlike beings (also referred to as the mystic principalities) such as Cyttorak, Ikonn, Raggadorr or Watoomb (See INDEX A: MYSTIC PRINCIPALITIES) a sorcerer must learn complex incantations and master subtle gestures in order to increase the chances of receiving a positive response. The more powerful the entity (or the less powerful the sorcerer) the more complicated the ritual of invocation becomes.
    excellent read. I seriously didn't know there were so many different layers to magic. I'm most certain as her godhead is explored further we will some elements discussed above. thanks dae!

yes your followers are in thirst hadari yao. we beseech you great goddess please bring us amazing stories with you in them and feats!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Definitely further. Ayesha was said to be the first if not one of the first Sorceror Supreme. I would kill to see some of this explored more in a mini. Such a goldmine of history that Marvel refuses to explore for Storm.
    hey love. I dont think I've ever seen your thoughts on the regard but what did you think about the godhead reveal in BP?

yes your followers are in thirst hadari yao. we beseech you great goddess please bring us amazing stories with you in them and feats!!

hey love. I dont think I've ever seen your thoughts on the regard but what did you think about the godhead reveal in BP?
    I thought it was neat but too vague for my tastes. I needed to see more development and acknowledgement of it from tptb, which Ewing seems to want to do, so that's good. I am sure Coates was limited by time and page space, but I would have liked to see flashbacks to the time of Storm's ancestors to give the development greater clarity. I would have also liked to see that it was Osthur who bestowed this ability upon Storm's bloodline since it was said she favored them. Just more definitive connective tissue I guess. We see this stuff in handbooks but the actual comics is what needs to really give it life and visibility. I just think Storm's magic/ wind rider ancestry is so fascinating! I still love that image of an ancestor frying slavers during Hudlin's BP run.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I thought it was neat but too vague for my tastes. I needed to see more development and acknowledgement of it from tptb, which Ewing seems to want to do, so that's good. I am sure Coates was limited by time and page space, but I would have liked to see flashbacks to the time of Storm's ancestors to give the development greater clarity. I would have also liked to see that it was Osthur who bestowed this ability upon Storm's bloodline since it was said she favored them. Just more definitive connective tissue I guess. We see this stuff in handbooks but the actual comics is what needs to really give it life and visibility. I just think Storm's magic/ wind rider ancestry is so fascinating! I still love that image of an ancestor frying slavers during Hudlin's BP run.

QFT

10char