Page 533 of 772 FirstFirst ... 33433483523529530531532533534535536537543583633 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Lmao, all the writers who should never be allowed to even write Storm fanfiction.

Precisely.
    can I just say your last post in that tom thread gave me all my life especially the parts about facts not caring about head canon lol
    and yes. im sure I've missed some but those the ones that came to mind.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-24-2021 at 11:01 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    And Storm would beat just about everyone since she can look at synapses if the writer called for that too.
    True. But, even still, it would have to be vs someone who's fighting speed isn't beyond her ability to comprehend. Yes she can read the central nervous system but that doesn't magically give her FTL speed reactions. I would wager that someone like Dare Devil would be a bit beyond her in a strict H2H department.

Edit: Then again Storm may surprise me. She is not beyond playing dirty

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    can I just say your last post in that tom thread gave me all my life especially the parts about facts nkt caring about head csnon lol
    and yes. im sure I've missed some but those the ones that came to mind.
    But not a single lie was told! They can all live in the company of the exiled Queen of Salt but none of that changes established canon.

But not a single lie was told! They can all live in the company of the exiled Queen of Salt but none of that changes established canon.
    yasssss honey yasssss! its a great time to be Ororo fans. the tears and the saltiness is so hilarious to see.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

her animations to cast her spells are very slow in comparison to the other characters which leave her open to attack. she only have a few usually skills when playing in pvp mode; she works much better in pve. but it becomes glaringly obvious her weaknesses in pvp when fighting against black widow and Spider-Man (those two are the highest tier and they have dome very cheap moves). her traits that she can be equipped with much later in the game are also not that great either. she has less than a handful of moves that does good damage outside of her ultimate and even the ultimate doesn't cover a wide area as you would think it could. doctor strange ultimate covers a much larger area. hopefully they modify her a bit for launch because it makes no sense their omega level mutant is that garbage.

but let me say this storm is still my fave in the game and I do enjoy playing with her. you probably won't notice the concerns I have until you get her to hight rank like 60 when your character us eligible to enter pvp (dimensional duel). so I say that to say I think you will still enjoy it.
    Well that's disappointing. I'll share my feedback later on once I get some game play under my belt but thanks for the insight. It'll help me level set for what to expect going in. Plus that sounds like the developer did a little too much stanning for the Avengers if BW is higher tier than Storm..??! But hey...the fact that she was used in the game is awesome. Hopefully a sign of greater things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Actually, Moondragon makes sense. She received the same training Mantis. They learned h2h skills that put them very well on Gamora level in h2h.
    Wong is Dr. Strange h2h Master so they actually make sense. But Storm should be at least a 5 in h2h. Jean being on the same level doesn't even make sense.
    Agreed. I think their ratings make sense for them as well. It just seems Storm is a a similar boat with them, an the only exception is an MA style hasn't been named on panel. No shade toward Jean but I don't think she fights on par with Storm, Cyclops, Kitty, Mystique, etc.

Are the scores really that big of a deal though? It's not as if they supersede the comics. I mean technically Jean could be a 7 in terms of fighting if the writer called for her to telepathically absorb the fighting styles of every martial artist on the planet. I know the muscle memory woulnd't be there but the know how would.
    True. She did this in UXMFC. Its a feat I'd love to see her do again. She has Cyclops and X-23 to draw from.

yasssss honey yasssss! its a great time to be Ororo fans. the tears and the saltiness is so hilarious to see.
    Like I've said previously, people are accustomed with the wallflower meek Storm who would just as soon change a diaper than speak up for herself. Those days are DEAD. Hopefully for good.

In the words of T'Challa "Let this be the hour when gods again stalk the land, let this be the hour of the STORM!"

Goddess knows it's been a LONG time coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Well that's disappointing. I'll share my feedback later on once I get some game play under my belt but thanks for the insight. It'll help me level set for what to expect going in. Plus that sounds like the developer did a little too much stanning for the Avengers if BW is higher tier than Storm..??! But hey...the fact that she was used in the game is awesome. Hopefully a sign of greater things to come.

Agreed. I think their ratings make sense for them as well. It just seems Storm is a a similar boat with them, an the only exception is an MA style hasn't been named on panel. No shade toward Jean but I don't think she fights on par with Storm, Cyclops, Kitty, Mystique, etc.

True. She did this in UXMFC. Its a feat I'd love to see her do again. She has Cyclops and X-23 to draw from.
    agreed. there was an interview where they asked the developers why they picked her and they was like she was the most popular!!!

and please you know I love your reviews so as soon as you can please share.

I'm also f2p. so if you p2w you may have different experience
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-24-2021 at 11:22 PM.

agreed. there was an interview egrr they asked the developers why they picked her and they was like she was the most popular!!!
    And in their minds that equates to making her nearly unplayable in PvP? Ok then.

Like I've said previously, people are accustomed with the wallflower meek Storm who would just as soon change a diaper than speak up for herself. Those days are DEAD. Hopefully for good.

In the words of T'Challa "Let this be the hour when gods again stalk the land, let this be the hour of the STORM!"

Goddess knows it's been a LONG time coming.

let me just say I love you so much and you make my time on here so delightful!!!

please continue to set the record straight for those kiddies who are reluctant to change and wish to see her as a support to other characters or inconsequential all together.

And in their minds that equates to making her nearly unplayable in PvP? Ok then.
    right something doesn't quite add up and don't even let me mention the fact she is the only character of color. ain't no way in hell as rider said that spiderman and bw should be higher tier than her.

let me just say I love you so much and you make my time on here so delightful!!!

please continue to set the record straight for those kiddies who are reluctant to change and wish to see her as a support to other characters or inconsequential all together.
    Hahaha thank you!

I have a feeling that it's going to be a tedious process when you have some people ignoring recently established canon that now favors Ororo, instead using old material to inflate their argument.

I'm keeping a weightless and invisible foot on the neck of Mr. Ewing! I want what was promised! "A powerful version of Storm with the Goddess cred from BP".

right something doesn't quite add up and don't even let me mention the fact she is the only character of color. ain't no way in hell as rider said that spiderman and bw should be higher tier than her.
    Hmmmmmmmmm, I don't know Butterfly. Spiderman and BW do have major popularity boosts from Avengers and their own movies. They may have boosted them because they would be in the "tier 1" class of popularity. But, then again, you also said that Doc. Strange was lackluster so who really knows.

Hahaha thank you!

I have a feeling that it's going to be a tedious process when you have some people ignoring recently established canon that now favors Ororo, instead using old material to inflate their argument.

I'm keeping a weightless and invisible foot on the neck of Mr. Ewing! I want what was promised! "A powerful version of Storm with the Goddess cred from BP".
    well thats the unfortunate thing. I know there was a certain portion of the fandom that wouldn't accept what coates established in BP unless it was also shown in the xbooks. that rubbed me the wrong way cause it didn't seem respectful to Coates. then once the X-office finally confirmed it these persons couldn't change the goal post anymore: they could only resort to denial and finding ways to try to invalidate it.

I'm personally not concerned about Ewing m. when I read how he handled eden and references his time in gakatic wakajda in issue 3 I knew storm if she became a regular would be fine. I'm just patiently waiting for these feats thatvwill really send the haters off the edge lol

Hmmmmmmmmm, I don't know Butterfly. Spiderman and BW do have major popularity boosts from Avengers and their own movies. They may have boosted them because they would be in the "tier 1" class of popularity. But, then again, you also said that Doc. Strange was lackluster so who really knows.
    well the higher tier is in regards to their power levels in the game not their popularity in pop culture. if you have a bw or Spider-Man at same level fighting storm at the same power level most times bw and spidermsn will win.

well thats the unfortunate thing. I know there was a certain portion of the fandom that wouldn't accept what coates established in BP unless it was also shown in the xbooks. that rubbed me the wrong way cause it didn't seem respectful to Coates. then once the X-office finally confirmed it these persons couldn't change the goal post anymore: they could only resort to denial and finding ways to try to invalidate it.

I'm personally not concerned about Ewing m. when I read how he handled eden and references his time in gakatic wakajda in issue 3 I knew storm if she became a regular would be fine. I'm just patiently waiting for these feats thatvwill really send the haters off the edge lol
    Check pms.

well the higher tier is in regards to their power levels in the game not their popularity in pop culture. if you have a bw or Spider-Man at same level fighting storm at the same power level most times bw and spidermsn will win.
    Gotcha' and that is garbage.

Check pms.
    just did

Gotcha' and that is garbage.

it is but its whatever. hoping she gets a buff for launch. also I was trying to stay up for the global launch but I'm sleepy so I think I'm going to bed now. have a good night boo.

BANNED

by the goddess. I was hoping that card wouldn't find itself in here.

so what's wrong with it:

1. She shoots lightning from her body, can create water, emp's, plasma, etc. She has all sorts of energy she can project though her primary one is lightning. Energy projection should be way higher than that.
    2. As a psionic that is fine
    3. strength is ok
    4. fighting ability she trained with Logan, gambit, bp. im sure she knows more than one fighting style
    5 intelligence is fine.

I'm not sure why there is a need for certain fandoms to try and make it seem like Ororo is equal all of the sudden to their respective faves. I've never seen such a campaign before it was announced she is omega and true goddess. whoever needs to hear this your favorite is good enough on their own. Ororo is equal to none nor is your favorite. accept it and move own
    Yh the fave aside I see it as a way to detect an omega since 7 denotes infinite mental power. I think since all omega mutants have manipulation at the end of their ability even legions power deals with mental energy I guess they are all a seven?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    It never made sense to me really. Callisto was a 6 and Mystique a 5 but neither have a specific mastery in a martial art. On panel their ratings makes sense, but Cyclops has a black belt in 2 on panel martial arts and is also ranked a 4...? I thought it was due to Storm and Cyclops having such powerful abilities that giving them a 5 would make them seem OP, but Moon Dragon is an uber powerful telepath and she is also a 5, and Strange is a 6. I get that rating don't mean much but Strange has gone from a 3, to a 4 to a 6 over the years...when in the hell do the X-Men get a proper update?
    Do you know the name of the book I want to read all the ratings

by the goddess. I was hoping that card wouldn't find itself in here.

so what's wrong with it:

1. She shoots lightning from her body, can create water, emp's, plasma, etc. She has all sorts of energy she can project though her primary one is lightning. Energy projection should be way higher than that.
    2. As a psionic that is fine
    3. strength is ok
    4. fighting ability she trained with Logan, gambit, bp. im sure she knows more than one fighting style
    5 intelligence is fine.

I'm not sure why there is a need for certain fandoms to try and make it seem like Ororo is equal all of the sudden to their respective faves. I've never seen such a campaign before it was announced she is omega and true goddess. whoever needs to hear this your favorite is good enough on their own. Ororo is equal to none nor is your favorite. accept it and move own
    Ok this is how I see this whole card thing (jean is only there as comparison)

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Storm’s energy projection (level 7 infinite omega)

Electro magnetic energy generation

Storm’s mental powers (weather manipulation umbrella) (level 7 infinite omega)

Aerokinesis
    Hydrokinesis
    Thermokinesis
    Electrokinesis
    Ergokinesis
    Many more…….

Other:
    Godhood

Jean’s mental powers (telepathy umbrella) (level 7 infinite omega)

Astral projection
    Psionic siphoning
    Psionic boosting
    Mind blast
    Empathy
    Mind reading
    Mind control
    Telemetry
    Many more….

Others:
    Telekinesis
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Yh the fave aside I see it as a way to detect an omega since 7 denotes infinite mental power. I think since all omega mutants have manipulation at the end of their ability even legions power deals with mental energy I guess they are all a seven?

Do you know the name of the book I want to read all the ratings
    that particular card rating is dated so its not even relevant now. the classifications have since changed. they are on the op of this thread the current rating scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Ok this is how I see this whole card thing (jean is only there as comparison)
    yes now I can definitely agree to this..