Page 536 of 772 FirstFirst ... 36436486526532533534535536537538539540546586636 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,040 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Does anyone know if Storm manipulated mutants or elemental beings? The only time I know was when she faced the HydroMan..
    Hydro-Man

Attachment 113063

Amelia Vought

Attachment 113064

kinda Blitzkrieger (he doesn't turn his body into lightning, but she directly countered his control of his own lightning construct)

Last edited by yogaflame; 08-25-2021 at 09:44 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    One could argue she displayed some control over Amelia Vought's mist form but idk.
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Hydro-Man

Attachment 113063

Amelia Vought

Attachment 113064

kinda Blitzkrieger (he doesn't turn his body into lightning, but she directly countered his control of his own lightning construct)

Thanks! I wonder in a fight against the Iceman, she could take him back to his human state and then fry his brain, unless even in his organic ice state he could be affected by an electromagnetic pulse in the brain.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

adding living lightning to the others that were mentioned:

and then of course Stardust as well:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-25-2021 at 10:05 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    I hope you do know the Wakandan Gods are elder gods right? So they are also connected to Egyptian gods too. Bast's parent is literally Ra an Egyptian god and elder god. The elder gods are known to be in multiple religions and go by different names. For example, Oshtur and Gaea go by many different Greek, Egyptian, Roman, and more. The elder gods are known to move around. Especially Oshtur that woman can't be in one place forever lmao.
    That is the point -she aint called any of that by X regardless -- they are building this "illusion" of because BP had done it they couldn't -- there is no reason that x couldn't pick up a goddess storyline even if BP had already done the goddess story -- as mentioned it doesnt matter (and I dont care) if Bast is technically egyptian or Greek at all for a fiction story any stories handled without intended restrictions can work around this...heck if percy jackson can be set in hollywood (just an example) and I cringe at how technically bs that is -- if only X office is willing -- to stop their "self destructive tendency" and move forward coz bitch if Krakoa is going to be wasted after all that post inferno -- she can go back to BP books who knows how to handle a goddess
    Last edited by LadyXKerrigan; 08-25-2021 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Your answer is in Giant size x-men storm there storm states her true very personal views on the resurection protocols.

Also wanda is not a mutant anymore the back ups are very old and resurrecting her that way literally strips her of all her agency and her responsibility. Plus the whole dilemma of if cerebro can be tricked then why don't you tweek it to allow human back ups and a whole ass can of worms. So best of she was not ressurected by krakoa afterall she would comeback she is scarlet witch on of marvels hottest properties RightNow.
    excellent point

I gave Duggan a lot of criticism but this was such a good moment. her powers reacting to her emotions of sadness:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-25-2021 at 10:30 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Does anyone know if Storm manipulated mutants or elemental beings? The only time I know was when she faced the HydroMan..
    She manipulated a mutant with mist or air abilities changing her back to human form I think

Does anyone have that scan where Storm manipulate sound to air a threat miles away?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    That is the point -she aint called any of that by X regardless -- they are building this "illusion" of because BP had done it they couldn't -- there is no reason that x couldn't pick up a goddess storyline even if BP had already done the goddess story -- as mentioned it doesnt matter (and I dont care) if Bast is technically egyptian or Greek at all for a fiction story any stories handled without intended restrictions can work around this...heck if percy jackson can be set in hollywood (just an example) and I cringe at how technically bs that is -- if only X office is willing -- to stop their "self destructive tendency" and move forward coz bitch if Krakoa is going to be wasted after all that post inferno -- she can go back to BP books who knows how to handle a goddess
    She lives on Planet Arrako. Much more opportunity for a goddess there. Mystique trying to burn Krakoa down to the ground does not stop it from existing.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Has the BP book(s) ever acknowledged that they broke up in X of Swords? Has Storm's betrayal to Wakanda come up?
    The problem is that Coates' run was essentially out of synch with wider Avengers and X-Men continuity, in part due to publication setbacks, but also given the nature of the story he was telling. So basically Coates entire run of 25 has to take place entirely before the almost 50 issues current Avengers run(where T'Challa was chairperson from the first issue of Aaron's run, while Coates was beginning to tell the story of T'Challa being lost in space for his entire run, which just ended with T'Challa returning to earth/the present and usurping the Galactic Empire of Wakanda with Storm's love and assistance), despite the two books being published concurrently.

X of Swords was more set in alignment with Aaron's continuity, so essentially there is an unknown gap of time(months?) in-universe between Coates ending and the X of Swords theft that hasn't been shown. And now an additional gap between her returning the sword, becoming Voice of Sol, and their upcoming appearances. It remains to be seen what is the current nature of their relationship. The new BP run will probably shed some light on those missing months and bring us up to current continuity where T'Challa comes to Ororo's court on Arrako-Mars looking for something...

Last edited by yogaflame; 08-26-2021 at 10:33 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    adding living lightning to the others that were mentioned:

Thanks boo, could you tell me the issue of the first image? I also remembered that she already faced the Human Torch too...

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    I think x should have really followed through with this doesnt matter if -- BP already established her godhood as part of their cult albeit it is still workable -- its like greek gods and roman gods are the same deity just different names - Bast wasnt even African in origin -- it was Egyptian and yet BP executed it too well its believable - likewise x could do the same since they've already have her meet her maternal lineage in annual -- they just want to give bare minimum every single time her godhood is discussed -- one of the ideologies that was promising in DoX was her being "priestess" like...what happened to that? Is that part of her Regent of Sol persona too? And Kurt just died looking for answers to their religious agenda -- to no avail apparently -- or even Kurt could be Omega god now coz serious you teleported a moon -- would that be addressed afterwards?

Perhaps no one in x office knows how to define a god? Or just lazy to admit the inevitable too -- I mean I was this close to perhaps admitting Magneto can accomplish the godhood claims by Krakoan standards coz Krakoans were cheering for him (that's a sign of belief) and a statue to boot -- and yet here he is on trial instead its like the x patterns their story to just creation teaser and destruction -- over and over again...

Anyways I cant wait for why Ororo is the "Regent" (Not Queen or not Priestess or Krakoan Goddess - again I love it but its still bare minimum) hopefully discussed in the Sword 8 -- perhaps answers would be there please X books...
    The only mutants I see or have the potential to be literal gods (even if I don't like it lol), would be the Iceman because his story mentions he will become Ymir in the future, something like that, Exodus (Yes) if I don't mistake he already used his faith to strengthen himself, not counting Banshee / Morrigan, Dani Moonstar who would be "Demigods" and Selene Gallio (laughs just because I like her)..

I hope you do know the Wakandan Gods are elder gods right? So they are also connected to Egyptian gods too. Bast's parent is literally Ra an Egyptian god and elder god. The elder gods are known to be in multiple religions and go by different names. For example, Oshtur and Gaea go by many different Greek, Egyptian, Roman, and more. The elder gods are known to move around. Especially Oshtur that woman can't be in one place forever lmao.
    You are right, Oshtur has an Egyptian counterpart, Ma'at who was the Goddess of truth, law, order and justice, Ohstur using the name Ma'at created the Birdmen, the race of winged humanoids, to fight the bestial races generated by Set and Chthon..

The only mutants I see or have the potential to be literal gods (even if I don't like it lol), would be the Iceman because his story mentions he will become Ymir in the future, something like that, Exodus (Yes) if I don't mistake he already used his faith to strengthen himself, not counting Banshee / Morrigan, Dani Moonstar who would be "Demigods" and Selene Gallio (laughs just because I like her)..
    Dont worry I like Selene too just because she OP -- and I dont want to talk about how x chose storylines that limits itself in a Storm appreciation thread but it is happening anyways -- boredom with X-corp is also an understatement -- here they have a nation building concept, a culture building concept, which to my opinion and some who might agree (or not), is limited to stories that are repetitive, like gee another murder story blown up to a degree that shouldn't really matter in a bigger scale, the amount of who killed Wanda doesnt even sounds enticing coz there had been murders in Krakoa even before this event, why not blow that up? bottomline to it is that one mutant or another is gonna go cellmates with Sabretooth anyway in its simplest goal coz Wanda is category human (unless really sus Krakoa influenced Onslaught) --Resu had also been granted and denied left and right since day 1 so what is so special in this than Madelyne resu topics (Again that is just me) and a series that took 6 books just to say hey one of them is a mutant when Marauders are saving dozens -- can't she come from those saved by Marauders? Storm was in it too if a writer wants to do away with her for aesthetics purposes -- like thats a waste of paper -- save the trees X - or at least potential bigger story focus and yes I enjoy the Storm potential focus on space and Arakko (at least that is reassuring) -- but this is causing yet another divide for the character coz homeland needs catching up coz geez the micromanagement is so evident -- see this still ended up long and I didn't wanna do it 😁 sorry about that
    Last edited by LadyXKerrigan; 08-26-2021 at 12:10 AM.

Thanks boo, could you tell me the issue of the first image? I also remembered that she already faced the Human Torch too...

I will see if I can dig up the issue 4u.

until then enjoy this beautiful image inspired by jay-z and beyonce

Extraordinary Member

Where is this stated? Elder Gods are literally just first generation of Earth Gods, the only surviving "big four" are Gaea, Oshtur, Set and Chthon, and maybe Gibborim from Runaways series(who are likely to be lesser Elder Gods).

Atum or say Amon-Ra is considered both the last of Elder God and the first of New God, just because Egyptian Gods are more or less direct descendents of Elder Gods doesn't make them actual Elder Gods. The same goes for every pantheon since Gaea plays a role in all of them.(They are either Gaea's direct offspring, or they came from the energy Atum released.) Wakanda God or Egyptian Gods are just close relatives of Elder Gods, but they don't belong in that catergory, anyone who came after Atum would probably not be considered an Elder God.(Agamotto despite being Oshtur's child or creation is still often not recognized as an Elder God on page, despite potentially being one.) Not to mention new gods don't control the very mystical concepts/pillars like the four Elder Gods do.(As shown in Mystic Arcana.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-26-2021 at 12:39 AM.

I thought these were the elder gods;

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, there are many of them in the beginning, in modern Marvel timeline there are only four proper Elder Gods. There are also beings that are referred as Elder Gods. Like Gibborim in Runaways, and N'Garai(who are creations of Cthhon) in Magik related stuff. They are either lesser Elder Gods or kin of the big ones.
    The new gods are the ones born after Atum slaughtered most Elder Gods and recycled their energy, and Gaea played a role in nearly every Earth pantheon, so they are more or less descendants of Elder Gods.

Some beings like Shuma-Gorath is also referred as "Elder God" in some comics, it's most likely the writer just uses Great Old One and Elder Gods interchangeably.
    In our contexts Elder Gods refer specifically to Elder Gods of Earth.