Page 537 of 772 FirstFirst ... 37437487527533534535536537538539540541547587637 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Dont worry I like Selene too just because she OP -- and I dont want to talk about how x chose storylines that limits itself in a Storm appreciation thread but it is happening anyways -- boredom with X-corp is also an understatement -- here they have a nation building concept, a culture building concept, which to my opinion and some who might agree (or not), is limited to stories that are repetitive, like gee another murder story blown up to a degree that shouldn't really matter in a bigger scale, the amount of who killed Wanda doesnt even sounds enticing coz there had been murders in Krakoa even before this event, why not blow that up? bottomline to it is that one mutant or another is gonna go cellmates with Sabretooth anyway in its simplest goal coz Wanda is category human (unless really sus Krakoa influenced Onslaught) --Resu had also been granted and denied left and right since day 1 so what is so special in this than Madelyne resu topics (Again that is just me) and a series that took 6 books just to say hey one of them is a mutant when Marauders are saving dozens -- can't she come from those saved by Marauders? Storm was in it too if a writer wants to do away with her for aesthetics purposes -- like thats a waste of paper -- save the trees X - or at least potential bigger story focus and yes I enjoy the Storm potential focus on space and Arakko (at least that is reassuring) -- but this is causing yet another divide for the character coz homeland needs catching up coz geez the micromanagement is so evident -- see this still ended up long and I didn't wanna do it 😁 sorry about that
    I think because Wanda is such an outstanding character in the X-mens world, so much so that she caused all this fuss about her death, and I don't know what the Writer is saving (she's terrible), but she says the six issues , it will be a surrender, a cure to the story of the Scarlet Witch, that she will grow stronger, but also the downside of this Hickman era is that many things happen at the same time, and there is no end, no conclusion, further fragmenting the story.

But here is not a topic to talk about the Scarlet Witch. Coming back to Storm, lol Duggan really missed the opportunity to do great things with Ororo when she was still in Marauders, in my view, as these Sun Regent plans were already in the drafts (or not, lol), she would have to make it stay in some title until it exploded, but Duggan didn't try hard enough, he could have made the Storm use the ocean waters as an attack, given more importance, but anyway that's past, she's now Regent of the Sun, Queen of the Arakko... I can understand you, the Storm's happenings are very slow, but what's happening is what matters, I hope Al Ewing promises what he says and keeps writing about the Goddess for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I will see if I can dig up the issue 4u.

until then enjoy this beautiful image inspired by jay-z and beyonce

If you hadn't told me who you were, for a moment I thought it was Chadwick... It's a beautiful Art.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Where is this stated? Elder Gods are literally just first generation of Earth Gods, the only surviving "big four" are Gaea, Oshtur, Set and Chthon, and maybe Gibborim from Runaways series(who are likely to be lesser Elder Gods).

Atum or say Amon-Ra is considered both the last of Elder God and the first of New God, just because Egyptian Gods are more or less direct descendents of Elder Gods doesn't make them actual Elder Gods. The same goes for every pantheon since Gaea plays a role in all of them.(They are either Gaea's direct offspring, or they came from the energy Atum released.) Wakanda God or Egyptian Gods are just close relatives of Elder Gods, but they don't belong in that catergory, anyone who came after Atum would probably not be considered an Elder God.(Agamotto despite being Oshtur's child or creation is still often not recognized as an Elder God on page, despite potentially being one.) Not to mention new gods don't control the very mystical concepts/pillars like the four Elder Gods do.(As shown in Mystic Arcana.)
    As far as I know the Egyptian gods were the first gods, since the Egyptian civilization are the most ancient peoples, but all this in history, I'm not sure if it's like that in Marvel. And just read the origin story of Wakanda, in a time when on earth there was a war between humans against some alien race if I'm not mistaken. lol, what I do know is that an ancestor of Ororo was the first Supreme Mage , and that's a long time ago. What I interpret with all this is that the Egyptian counterpart of the Elder Gods was the first time they started being worshiped by Humans (almost always)

Extraordinary Member

I am specifically talking about MU and their version of Elder Gods(and they are way older than any mortal civilizations that is, they almost as old as Earth itself), which are the first gen gods created by the being Demiurge on Earth.
    The new gods are generally the ones worshipped in human cultures(they are Elder Gods energy devoured by Atum and then spat out, then mortals' stories and thought give them shape and form, thus resulting in the gods from various cultures.) Egyptian gods in MU is closely tied to Elder Gods because their godhead Atum(later known as Amon-Ra) is the son of Gaea and Demiurge.
    There are only four original Elder Gods left(Atum killed nearly all of them since they started to get corrupted and devour each other), Gaea(who plays a role as Mother Earth Goddes in nearly all Earth Pantheon, like Jord in Norse Pantheon, etc.)
    Oshtur(who is a member of Vishanti, may or may not be part of humans' conception of Christian god, also she is Egyptian Ma'at and maybe Ishtar, Ostara.)
    Set, who for the most part lost his human worshippers to the Egyptian new god Seth(yes they are not the same in MU) who claimed to be Set reborn or something.
    His worshippers are mainly Atlanteans(whose main religion and patron deity is Neptune.) and Lemurians.
    Chthon didn't really participate in modern marvel pantheon, he doesn't have a role in them, he has a few human worshippers known as Darkholders.
    So yeah, there are only Egyptian couterparts of Gaea and Oshtur. The rest of them are new gods born indirectly from Atum.

About the origin story of Wakanda, yeah, a lot of writers just ignore the lore pieced together by Gruenwald about the origin of Earth gods and do their own business. It can just be interpreted as the gods telling their own origin stories since to them it is true.(Because they are the beings shaped by the very stories mortals tell about them.)

whatever happened to RJAAMR or however his name was spelled. I do remember a member by that name lol

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Yeah, there are many of them in the beginning, in modern Marvel timeline there are only four proper Elder Gods. There are also beings that are referred as Elder Gods. Like Gibborim in Runaways, and N'Garai(who are creations of Cthhon) in Magik related stuff. They are either lesser Elder Gods or kin of the big ones.
    The new gods are the ones born after Atum slaughtered most Elder Gods and recycled their energy, and Gaea played a role in nearly every Earth pantheon, so they are more or less descendants of Elder Gods.

Some beings like Shuma-Gorath is also referred as "Elder God" in some comics, it's most likely the writer just uses Great Old One and Elder Gods interchangeably.
    In our contexts Elder Gods refer specifically to Elder Gods of Earth.
    agreed to all of this. asgardian, wakandan gods would therefore fall under the umbrella of gods who descended from the elder gods.

@stormy I found the issue. its from marc spector: moon knight issue 41

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I will see if I can dig up the issue 4u.

until then enjoy this beautiful image inspired by jay-z and beyonce

I can't stand when artists make him tower over her. He's 6', she's 5'11" and wears heels most of the time(and definitely in this outfit). She should appear taller than him.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    whatever happened to RJAAMR or however his name was spelled. I do remember a member by that name lol
    Banned long ago. Many have fallen.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I can't stand when artists make him tower over her. He's 6', she's 5'11" and wears heels most of the time(and definitely in this outfit). She should appear taller than him.
    maybe she is sitting down lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

maybe she is sitting down lol
    Artists do it often, even when standing.

Artists do it often, even when standing.
    that is true. they always get her height messed up. think back on the hug between her and Emma in Marauders after Kittyz death. it looked like Emma was as tall as her.

edit: to be fair this probably isn't that egregious as Emma is 5'10"
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-26-2021 at 11:02 AM.

Incredible Member

Where is this stated? Elder Gods are literally just first generation of Earth Gods, the only surviving "big four" are Gaea, Oshtur, Set and Chthon, and maybe Gibborim from Runaways series(who are likely to be lesser Elder Gods).

Atum or say Amon-Ra is considered both the last of Elder God and the first of New God, just because Egyptian Gods are more or less direct descendents of Elder Gods doesn't make them actual Elder Gods. The same goes for every pantheon since Gaea plays a role in all of them.(They are either Gaea's direct offspring, or they came from the energy Atum released.) Wakanda God or Egyptian Gods are just close relatives of Elder Gods, but they don't belong in that catergory, anyone who came after Atum would probably not be considered an Elder God.(Agamotto despite being Oshtur's child or creation is still often not recognized as an Elder God on page, despite potentially being one.) Not to mention new gods don't control the very mystical concepts/pillars like the four Elder Gods do.(As shown in Mystic Arcana.)
    Bast, Thoth, and the rest of the Wakandan gods are elder gods. They come from the elder gods themselves. Bast's father is an Egyptian who is 2nd gen elder god or 1st generation new gods. They are still part elder gods but third generation so mostly. Ra was actually created from Gaea herself which means he's full elder god but doesn't get the title since he is second generation the same with Oshtur and her son. This means Bast, Ra, Agamotto and etc are pure gods.
    Last edited by KLY360; 08-26-2021 at 11:02 AM.

Actually Emma is officially 5'10", so they are fairly close, and you know Emma got her stripper heels on, so maybe sometimes she might appear taller than Ororo.

Actually Emma is officially 5'10", so they are fairly close, and you know Emma got her stripper heels on, so maybe sometimes she might appear taller than Ororo.
    I just edited my post for that very reason and yes she stay with her sex worker look which requires at least a 6in heel so you have a very valid point.

I just edited my post for that very reason and yes she stay with her sex worker look which requires at least a 6in heel so you have a very valid point.

ru going to play marvel future revolution game?

I always get a giggle out of your posts
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Emma Frost. Fashón over Functionality.