Page 544 of 772 FirstFirst ... 44444494534540541542543544545546547548554594644 ... LastLast
Results 8,146 to 8,160 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    My recollection of events may be a bit messy but I believe it kind of died/turned dormant after Jane whatshername resurrection and mjolnir destruction in the sun
    The storm died but the power still remains in the hammer. That power is what makes the hammer an omega class weapon. As it can manipulate energy patterns to create weather of well any sort. It is Thor that is kinda bad at using it well even Jane was better at it than him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes ma'am fact!!!

also storm doesn't say "sentient" she says they are not natural and not of this world but talking storms definitely fall into that category with faces as being sentient lol

Yh but it is still a storm and such should be able to be under her omega power. I think we relegating the control of sentient storms to hadari yao makes her omega weather manipulation seem to have a limit. I mean look at iceman he can not only manipulate but create sentient creatures out of Ice! I think this problem comes from the fact that hadari yao's power is not really defined I mean is she a storm god only or does she preserve all of nature. I believe storms omega power deals with weather an weather related phenomena and hadari yao can not only do that but all things natural as we saw when she made those plants grow before taking out kill monger's fleet.

I think after seeing what the black winter is capable off the version of omega weather manipulation is becoming very clear to me.

BANNED

My recollection of events may be a bit messy but I believe it kind of died/turned dormant after Jane whatshername resurrection and mjolnir destruction in the sun
    Jane Foster

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    The storm died but the power still remains in the hammer. That power is what makes the hammer an omega class weapon. As it can manipulate energy patterns to create weather of well any sort. It is Thor that is kinda bad at using it well even Jane was better at it than him.
    Not excatly... After Thor lost his ability to wield it (Mjolnir), the hammer also rejected Odin's grasp (Thor Vol. 4 #1). Mjolnir found a new owner in the form of the mortal Jane Foster, and even temporarily took her appearance and impersonated her to protect her identity as the new Thor, an action the hammer expressed to be unable to replicate without a century of rest or so (Mighty Thor Vol. 3 #11).

The God Tempest was liberated when Thor hurled Mjolnir into the Sun to kill the Mangog, an incident that also resulted in her death since her body could only withstand reverting to her human form one last time. Odinson attempted to channel the God Tempest to use its power and bring Jane back to life and was only successful when Odin joined his endeavor. Following Jane's resuscitation, the God Tempest's power was depleted, and it became nothing but a breeze (Mighty Thor Vol. 2 #706).

During the final battle of the War of the Realms, the God Tempest manifested once more in the Sun where it was commanded by Thor to reforge Mjolnir (War of the Realms Vol. 1 #6). Some remnants of the God Tempest became to indwell the hammer (Thor Vol 5 #15).
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-31-2021 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Jane Foster

Not excatly... After Thor lost his ability to wield it (Mjolnir), the hammer also rejected Odin's grasp (Thor Vol. 4 #1). Mjolnir found a new owner in the form of the mortal Jane Foster, and even temporarily took her appearance and impersonated her to protect her identity as the new Thor, an action the hammer expressed to be unable to replicate without a century of rest or so (Mighty Thor Vol. 3 #11).

The God Tempest was liberated when Thor hurled Mjolnir into the Sun to kill the Mangog, an incident that also resulted in her death since her body could only withstand reverting to her human form one last time. Odinson attempted to channel the God Tempest to use its power and bring Jane back to life and was only successful when Odin joined his endeavor. Following Jane's resuscitation, the God Tempest's power was depleted, and it became nothing but a breeze (Mighty Thor Vol. 2 #706).

During the final battle of the War of the Realms, the God Tempest manifested once more in the Sun where it was commanded by Thor to reforge Mjolnir (War of the Realms Vol. 1 #6). Some remnants of the God Tempest became to indwell the hammer (Thor Vol 5 #15).
    Storm > thor ………. Is the real teaching of this convulsed story

She’s the true Sky-Mother
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Storm > thor ………. Is the real teaching of this convulsed story

She’s the true Sky-Mother
    It is an interesting mess for Thor fans. All of his weather manipulation feats are in question.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Yh but it is still a storm and such should be able to be under her omega power. I think we relegating the control of sentient storms to hadari yao makes her omega weather manipulation seem to have a limit. I mean look at iceman he can not only manipulate but create sentient creatures out of Ice! I think this problem comes from the fact that hadari yao's power is not really defined I mean is she a storm god only or does she preserve all of nature. I believe storms omega power deals with weather an weather related phenomena and hadari yao can not only do that but all things natural as we saw when she made those plants grow before taking out kill monger's fleet.

I think after seeing what the black winter is capable off the version of omega weather manipulation is becoming very clear to me.
    We have to keep in mind that her omega powers, even though they have an immeasurable upper limit, are still based on natural phenomenon. It wouldn't necessarily work against storms that don't behave the same way. Now with this said she had manipulated sentient forms of energy/matter before such as Stardust and Hydroman for instance but she tapped into the natural aspects of those sentient beings to manipulate them.

In the case of Sefako and even the storm the female team faced, even though those storms she faced appeared like a regular weather system they were composed of something completely different and unnatural, which didn't allow her to manipulate them.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Just rereading and I hope Storm but heads with War again. She looks like a formidable female Rouge for Storm. I would love for her to conspire and challenge Storm.

Posted this over in that thread about omegas:

Even though we knew very early on Ororo was an omega back when she went roguestorm and channeled the energy of millions of stars during galatic core, she was first classified as a potential omega back in Black Panther:

She then was later "confirmed" to being an omega mutate by Super Giant though some disagree she was referring to Ororo:

Hickman finally made it official that she was an omega, which was excellent news, but also prior to this she was confirmed to be a LITERAL goddess (no tools, no possessions, no enhancements) during Coates Black Panther making her not only the ONLY omega mutant of color but also the ONLY divine character as well fully realizing what many have speculated since the 70s.

We shall see what the Goddess, Omega, and Queen will do in her new role as Regent of Sol.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Just rereading and I hope Storm but heads with War again. She looks like a formidable female Rouge for Storm. I would love for her to conspire and challenge Storm.
    I would like to see that too. we know its coming.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    It is an interesting mess for Thor fans. All of his weather manipulation feats are in question.
    As a fan of Thor...I can assure you, no they're not.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

yes ma'am fact!!!

also storm doesn't say "sentient" she says they are not natural and not of this world but talking storms definitely fall into that category with faces as being sentient lol

I wonder what Coates would do if he had more time, and without those obstacles, I really wanted him to write a Storm solo of at least 16 issues.

Jane Foster

lol this Mother Storm thing was a recton in the Mighty Thor comics, unlike Jane who created a connection with the Hammer, Thor treated it like a weapon, and that's why Mother Storm became familiarized with Jane, lol I wonder what if it was with the Storm? Surely the two would be very close considering what Ororo is, what it has become, its relationship with the elements...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I wonder what Coates would do if he had more time, and without those obstacles, I really wanted him to write a Storm solo of at least 16 issues.

lol this Mother Storm thing was a recton in the Mighty Thor comics, unlike Jane who created a connection with the Hammer, Thor treated it like a weapon, and that's why Mother Storm became familiarized with Jane, lol I wonder what if it was with the Storm? Surely the two would be very close considering what Ororo is, what it has become, its relationship with the elements...
    I certainly and truly believe that if given more time Coates would have went into why she was a goddess and where from her ancestry this originates. I've posted this image before but I love the foreshadowing we saw in her mini where a younger Ororo saw hieroglyphics of her in her xmen costume being worshipped as a goddess.

Its amazing to see that what was foretold in Apocalypse's temple came true!!

Hickman finally made it official that she was an omega, which was excellent news, but also prior to this she was confirmed to be a LITERAL goddess (no tools, no possessions, no enhancements) during Coates Black Panther making her not only the ONLY omega mutant of color but also the ONLY divine character as well fully realizing what many have speculated since the 70s.

We shall see what the Goddess, Omega, and Queen will do in her new role as Regent of Sol.
    A personal fear of mine is that after all this, if they start treating her like a Literal Goddess (I'm talking about deeds, worthy moments), she will become bigger than the X-mens title (and in fact she already does. is) , but I think the X-mens generally deal at most with planetary-level villains. She It will be nerfed / and it already was, so as not to steal all the highlights of the issues, it will need several solos, it needs a core like characters like Thor, Iron Man and others, they even participate in several teams (which almost every day they face some powerful opponent), even with some nerfs, they still manage to sustain themselves with their solos.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    A personal fear of mine is that after all this, if they start treating her like a Literal Goddess (I'm talking about deeds, worthy moments), she will become bigger than the X-mens title (and in fact she already does. is) , but I think the X-mens generally deal at most with planetary-level villains. She It will be nerfed / and it already was, so as not to steal all the highlights of the issues, it will need several solos, it needs a core like characters like Thor, Iron Man and others, they even participate in several teams (which almost every day they face some powerful opponent), even with some nerfs, they still manage to sustain themselves with their solos.
    you know stormy I've had that fear as well. that her tapping into this more would make her outgrow the xmen. this could result in a few things. she could be utilized less, lowballed, or even killed. they could even potentially remove the ability as well. that said, I don't believe this should be ignored or not explored. she has long been stated to have such amazing power and has yet to really show what that means from the xside. I think Ewing will write her using her abilities in a way that she only uses her godhead powers when absolutely necessary. so I don't think we wil have much go worry about just yet stormy so don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I would like to see this too!! Her victory resulted in his death which im sure he loathes her for doing. It will be interesting to see how he attempts to hit her back.

BANNED

We have to keep in mind that her omega powers, even though they have an immeasurable upper limit, are still based on natural phenomenon. It wouldn't necessarily work against storms that don't behave the same way. Now with this said she had manipulated sentient forms of energy/matter before such as Stardust and Hydroman for instance but she tapped into the natural aspects of those sentient beings to manipulate them.

In the case of Sefako and even the storm the female team faced, even though those storms she faced appeared like a regular weather system they were composed of something completely different and unnatural, which didn't allow her to manipulate them.
    Yh then by this logic arent we in the wrong for bashing what's his face for making storm powerless in hell? Because if she has to manipulate natural forces only to manipulate weather then it's a coin toss if her power would work depending the situation or environment because if she can't necessarily manipulate weather which is unnatural with her omega level weather manipulation... It even leaves room for a mutant who has such all encompassing power over weather to be named as such also and even possibly surpass her mutation... The sefakor storm how I understood it was that she had to become one with the storm to control it and since it was tainted and corrupted her essence couldn't necessarily connect with it not because it was sentient necessarily.

But if so I would like instances where she has struggled or outright not been able to manipulate weather which is sentient. Cause this is kinda confusing to me.

BANNED

Jane Foster

So case in point I was still right the power of the god tempest still resided in the hammer and Jane is way better at the hammer than Thor.