Page 545 of 772 FirstFirst ... 45445495535541542543544545546547548549555595645 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,175 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    It is an interesting mess for Thor fans. All of his weather manipulation feats are in question.
    Actually they are livid.... They hate Jane partially because of this and abhor the fact that she ever became Thor. Also it kinda made him seem pathetic without the hammer that without it he is basically your average hulkurian superhero.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    A personal fear of mine is that after all this, if they start treating her like a Literal Goddess (I'm talking about deeds, worthy moments), she will become bigger than the X-mens title (and in fact she already does. is) , but I think the X-mens generally deal at most with planetary-level villains. She It will be nerfed / and it already was, so as not to steal all the highlights of the issues, it will need several solos, it needs a core like characters like Thor, Iron Man and others, they even participate in several teams (which almost every day they face some powerful opponent), even with some nerfs, they still manage to sustain themselves with their solos.
    Actually my fear is that she would get the pheonix treatment where people believe that storm is weak as hell without her divine mode. Hopefully we get distinction and balance between the godhead feats and the omega level feats.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Yh then by this logic arent we in the wrong for bashing what's his face for making storm powerless in hell? Because if she has to manipulate natural forces only to manipulate weather then it's a coin toss if her power would work depending the situation or environment because if she can't necessarily manipulate weather which is unnatural with her omega level weather manipulation... It even leaves room for a mutant who has such all encompassing power over weather to be named as such also and even possibly surpass her mutation... The sefakor storm how I understood it was that she had to become one with the storm to control it and since it was tainted and corrupted her essence couldn't necessarily connect with it not because it was sentient necessarily.

But if so I would like instances where she has struggled or outright not been able to manipulate weather which is sentient. Cause this is kinda confusing to me.
    No Aaron was wrong. If iceman could manipulate the moisture in hell and they could breathe storm should be some ok to use her powers.

with sefako the storm was created by adversary so it was divinely created which ororo wasn't able to control until she tapped into her godhood abilities. the best way I can explain it is trying fix a car with the incorrect tools. ororo was trying to fix a computerized car when she had tools that could only work on a mechanical solely based car.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Actually my fear is that she would get the pheonix treatment where people believe that storm is weak as hell without her divine mode. Hopefully we get distinction and balance between the godhead feats and the omega level feats.
    This is already the general consensus thanks to decades of crap writing and horrible representation under Fox-Men. You can't tell? Any time anything but that "reality" is pushed, the user is called deranged, fanatic, petty, ect...

At this point the only thing we as fans can do is sit back and let her current writing speak for itself. Removing the r̶o̶s̶e̶-̶c̶o̶l̶o̶r̶e̶d̶ ruby quarts glasses, she hasn't really done anything all that specular besides what occurred in Planet Size. Everything else is so far has been either titles or quotes by other characters. Now, don't get me wrong that's all nice and stuff but I'd like a bit more meat and potatoes.

Enough with the appetizers.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    No Aaron was wrong. If iceman could manipulate the moisture in hell and they could breathe storm should be some ok to use her powers.

with sefako the storm was created by adversary so it was divinely created which ororo wasn't able to control until she tapped into her godhood abilities. the best way I can explain it is trying fix a car with the incorrect tools. ororo was trying to fix a computerized car when she had tools that could only work on a mechanical solely based car.
    Ever since I read that story I found that odd. As you said they were all breathing so clearly there was pressure, not to mention FireStar's powers still worked so there was microwave radiation, and obviously Bobby could still generate ice.

And if all else failed, where's her bio-lightning? I could be remembering wrong but I believe I once saw a scan stating that Storm uses her own "Mutant metabolism" to generate her bio-lightning.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    This is already the general consensus thanks to decades of crap writing and horrible representation under Fox-Men. You can't tell? Any time anything but that "reality" is pushed, the user is called deranged, fanatic, petty, ect...

At this point the only thing we as fans can do is sit back and let her current writing speak for itself. Removing the r̶o̶s̶e̶-̶c̶o̶l̶o̶r̶e̶d̶ ruby quarts glasses, she hasn't really done anything all that specular besides what occurred in Planet Size. Everything else is so far has been either titles or quotes by other characters. Now, don't get me wrong that's all nice and stuff but I'd like a bit more meat and potatoes.

Facts and nothing but them!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

And no Storm ..

Attachment 113261

And no Storm ..

Attachment 113261
    Eh, I'd be more bummed if it outlined the entire year. Remember, even Hickman said plans for Storm got pushed back and re-worked. Her time could still be coming.

And no Storm ..
    My thoughts exactly…..
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you know stormy I've had that fear as well. that her tapping into this more would make her outgrow the xmen. this could result in a few things. she could be utilized less, lowballed, or even killed. they could even potentially remove the ability as well. that said, I don't believe this should be ignored or not explored. she has long been stated to have such amazing power and has yet to really show what that means from the xside. I think Ewing will write her using her abilities in a way that she only uses her godhead powers when absolutely necessary. so I don't think we wil have much go worry about just yet stormy so don't worry.
    Storm hasn't had a standout like this for a long time, she deserves it so much that it's a shame that after Inferno, all old titles will eventually start new or start new, I don't want Al Ewing to leave, so soon...

I understand, they usually keep saying that to characters like the Scarlet Witch, but I emphasize, they are people who don't understand the concept of mysticism, magic and stuff like that. Storm was born with this power (of course, thank you Oshtur, but it's still hers).

BANNED

So case in point I was still right the power of the god tempest still resided in the hammer and Jane is way better at the hammer than Thor.
    Remnants only not the entire sentient storm as it was when the originally created hence my saying, not exactly

BANNED

Halle/Alexandria storm is literally trash no offense to both actresses especially Halle. But that was very bad and if we think it is bad now wait till they have a godhead to point to as the source of all of Storm's strength.

I understand, they usually keep saying that to characters like the Scarlet Witch, but I emphasize, they are people who don't understand the concept of mysticism, magic and stuff like that. Storm was born with this power (of course, thank you Oshtur, but it's still hers).
    Yh thank you oshtur but we are keeping the Lamborghini

And no Storm ..

Attachment 113261
    I am tired man like how many titles must wolverine get. Like all the other titles are interesting but what of Logan's life don't we know at this point. He literally has clones of him running around because he himself is now bland asf.

Oh well going to read my variant comics

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Remnants only not the entire sentient storm as it was when the originally created hence my saying, not exactly
    It's still has the power of the tempest whether in miniscule amounts or not sooooo.....

Yh thank you oshtur but we are keeping the Lamborghini
    The divine power is part of her very soul, even when her physical body (source of her mutant powers) will gets destroyed her divine spirit will still persevere as the truest most powerful manifestation of her godly self.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Ever since I read that story I found that odd. As you said they were all breathing so clearly there was pressure, not to mention FireStar's powers still worked so there was microwave radiation, and obviously Bobby could still generate ice.

And if all else failed, where's her bio-lightning? I could be remembering wrong but I believe I once saw a scan stating that Storm uses her own "Mutant metabolism" to generate her bio-lightning.
    Yh but apparently bobby can freeze things without moisture. He literally manipulated the kinetic energy of a thermonuclear reactor creating a cool spot for him and mystique in the explosion. Also doesn't firestar generate microwaves and stuff.

Also doesn't storm use ambient electromagnetism to create her potent bio lightning so maybe if she can't use her powers in hell then maybe she can't use ambient electromagnetism.

But that story is wierd.

Halle/Alexandria storm is literally trash no offense to both actresses especially Halle. But that was very bad and if we think it is bad now wait till they have a godhead to point to as the source of all of Storm's strength.
    Well the fact you still have people claiming that she's not even a real God because of XYZ reasoning means that they would actually have to admit that she is a divine being. That being said, there is (should be) a clear distinction (at least imo) between Storm's mutant powers and those of a more mystical nature.

For example, I see 0 reason why she would need to tap into her Goddess power to do something like manipulate a star to cause a Coronal Mass Ejection to do something like take out the Orchis station. On the flipside if you tossed her into a place like Limbo or Dormammu's realm then I could see the Goddess mode coming into play as "physical" power may not hurt the threats she would face sufficiently.

The two should only overlap in extreme situations like her facing off against EgoMamuu(?) where the threat is both physical and mystical in nature. While I don't know for sure, I would assume that on some level hurting Ego would hurt Dormammu.