Page 555 of 772 FirstFirst ... 55455505545551552553554555556557558559565605655 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,325 of 11576

There's no actual way to make plants grow that quickly, in terms of physics/biology. Coates didn't explain it, the art doesn't depict rain, light, nitrogen, CO2, or anything that actually makes plants grow. Some sort of magical/spiritual force is more likely; but as I said to begin with, it is unexplained. Anything else is conjecture.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    There's no actual way to make plants grow that quickly, in terms of physics/biology. Coates didn't explain it, the art doesn't depict rain, light, nitrogen, CO2, or anything that actually makes plants grow. Some sort of magical/spiritual force is more likely; but as I said to begin with, it is unexplained. Anything else is conjecture.
    She’s clearly speeding the process but in actual material terms unless we are witnessing “reality warping” the physical building blocks of the plants need to be assembled.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

It looks more like she just rehydrated the plant. There's nothing to suggest light manipulation or photosynthesis. Besides, that's an alternate universe, so it doesn't really count in terms of 616/Prime Storm.
    I think if you read it carefully, you will see that I reported it to be from an alternate reality. And no, it wasn't a simple rehydration, the photosynthesis process is water + sunlight. As much as she rehydrated the plant with water, it would take a few hours for the plant to start synthesizing both water and sunlight. We see that there is a luminosity in the background of the image precisely simulating the sunlight being intensified on the plant.
    Last edited by Amazona dos ventos; 09-04-2021 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    One if the first issues of claremont revolution run in uncanny x-men 382 (after the six month gap)
    Thank you!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

The sun was already shining in that scene before she did anything. The kids' flower was simply wilted and she quickly rehydrated it. Photosynthesis is about chloroplasts creating sugar from light and water/air. What the image shows is Ultimate Storm restoring tugor pressure/internal hydrostatic pressure.

I am all for Storm having control over photons, and would love to see her talking to plants and other aspects of her early 'nature goddess' persona return(and even be expanded upon), but these pages are poor examples to try and use as proof.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 09-04-2021 at 12:08 PM.

That's 616/Prime, has no relationship with the previous page in question, and is completely unexplained[she's not even glowing, so photosynthesis is not a factor]. Coates may have been implying some goddess/life force situation in these panels, but as with most of his 'Hadari Yao' stuff, he never made time to actually define the phenomenon in detail.
    It is not inexplicable since it was directly connected to the energy sources of the universe, not to mention that the storm powers are at the subatomic and molecular level. In the case of the ultimate universe scan, ororo directly rehydrated the plant's molecules while itensified the solar shine over it, thus speeding up the photosynthesis process.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    It is not inexplicable since it was directly connected to the energy sources of the universe, not to mention that the storm powers are at the subatomic and molecular level. In the case of the ultimate universe scan, ororo directly rehydrated the plant's molecules while itensified the solar shine over it, thus speeding up the photosynthesis process.
    It’s as clear as the sun
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The sun was already shining in that scene before she did anything. The kids' flower was simply wilted and she quickly rehydrated it. Photosynthesis is about chloroplasts creating sugar from light and water/air. What the image shows is Ultimate Storm restoring tugor pressure/internal hydrostatic pressure.

I am all for Storm having control over photons, and would love to see her talking to plants and other aspects of her early 'nature goddess' persona return(and even be expanded upon), but these pages are poor examples to try and use as proof.
    friend, the sun shines anytime. the day he ceases to shine, life on the planet is over.

When you try to rationalize feats with sloppy science, it doesn't help your cause. Coates's page makes zero sense, and the Ultimate page is just a fancy version of watering a parched flower. She could've just poured that bottled water on and had the kids wait 20 minutes.

BANNED

I wonder if an argument can be made to support Ororo being capable of casually swimming in a live volcano.

When you try to rationalize feats with sloppy science, it doesn't help your cause. Coates's page makes zero sense, and the Ultimate page is just a fancy version of watering a parched flower. She could've just poured that bottled water on and had the kids wait 20 minutes.
    Cough…..follow your own advice …..cough!

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I wonder if an argument can be made to support Ororo being capable of casually swimming in a live volcano.
    Lightning is far hotter, so sure, an argument could be made.

And photosynthesis isn't just about chloroplasts creating sugar through water and sunlight, it's also a process performed by plants to produce the energy needed for their SURVIVAL, in this case the sugar. Who is with a sloppy remark about science is you. I accept counterpoints as long as it makes total sense, your arguments don't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Considering that it has already flown by solar winds in space that has an average of one million degrees celcius and has not been disintegrated, maybe it can.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Simple rehydratation? I don’t think so, We have the receipts !!!

In Avatar, the waterbenders had a sub-skills, which allowed them to manipulate plants, vines controlling only the water within the plant's body.
    Last edited by Stormy; 09-04-2021 at 12:41 PM.