Page 556 of 772 FirstFirst ... 56456506546552553554555556557558559560566606656 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,340 of 11576

Go learn about turgor pressure and then you will understand what I was saying. She simply watered the plant. Storm in 616 and 1610 does not have chlorokinesis. Characters like Flourish, Nature Girl, or Brother Nature do. Storm loves plants and in her earliest appearances might have been able to actually communicate with them, but she can't make them grow unnaturally. That Coates page is an outlier, like Wolverine being able to specifically communicate with Zabu. It happened once and was never followed up on. Best guess is a 'goddess energy' side effects, but Coates didn't specify, and he certainly didn't say she used 'subatomic and molecular level' powers to make them grow. You two are reeeeaching, and it's stuff like this that gives Storm fans a bad reputation.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Go learn about turgor pressure and then you will understand what I was saying. She simply watered the plant. Storm in 616 and 1610 does not have chlorokinesis. Characters like Flourish, Nature Girl, or Brother Nature do. Storm loves plants and in her earliest appearances might have been able to actually communicate with them, but she can't make them grow unnaturally. That Coates page is an outlier, like Wolverine being able to specifically communicate with Zabu. It happened once and was never followed up on. Best guess is a 'goddess energy' side effects, but Coates didn't specify, and he certainly didn't say she used 'subatomic and molecular level' powers to make them grow. You two are reeeeaching, and it's stuff like this that gives Storm fans a bad reputation.
    Friend, the chloroplast is a cell organelle responsible for synthesizing the elements necessary for photosynthesis to be actually carried out. At no time was it said that storm has chlorokinesis, who is saying this is you.

even if Storm only wet the plant, it would still take hours for the flower to rise again, so you contradict yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    In Avatar, the waterbenders had a sub-skills, which allowed them to manipulate plants, vines controlling only the water within the plant's body.
    Indeed but they did not turn a bunch of sprouts into a room-sized jungle
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    At no time was it said that storm has chlorokinesis, who is saying this is you.
    I brought the word into the discussion, but you and Daedra are the ones suggesting she can make plants grow unnaturally(which is what chlorokinesis is). She can force water into(and out of) people/animals/plants as per her control over water, but she can not directly control plant metabolism.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm not sure about all the science involved but i believe the plants were growing as a result of her divine energy. as she connected to the cosmos her "goddess force" caused the plants to grow.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm not sure about all the science involved but i believe the plants were growing as a result of her divine energy. as she connected to the cosmos her "goddess force" caused the plants to grow.
    That is the only reasonable explanation. Too bad Coates left it so esoteric and ambiguous.

even if Storm only wet the plant, it would still take hours for the flower to rise again, so you contradict yourself.
    I think this is a fair argument. providing the plant with simply water wouldn't cause it to go from being withered to being full of life. again not sure whats going on but simply watering the plant would not revive it at the speed it seems to have been in that scan.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

That is the only reasonable explanation. Too bad Coates left it so esoteric and ambiguous.
    now I will add the goddess effect could directly result in what dae and Amazon are mentioning. I think both of these scenarios can be true at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    now I will add the goddess effect could directly result in what dae and Amazon are mentioning. I think both of these scenarios can be true at the same time.
    Sure, every aspect of Ororo’s power is pervaded by her godhood, marvel’s reality has multiple angles after all.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Friend, the chloroplast is a cell organelle responsible for synthesizing the elements necessary for photosynthesis to be actually carried out. At no time was it said that storm has chlorokinesis, who is saying this is you.
    Now we know storm has power over the elements within the body of living organisms and we know she has direct control over chemical energy so could it be that she speed up the metabolism of the sprouts whilst also creating viable conditions for photosynthesis? But then again I believe the space plant feats was a result of her connection to the vast cosmic energies around her as she literally was not focused on the plants but connecting to various fields of energies at once.... All in all it's a bit too ambiguous as to weather it's a goddess feat or it is an omega level feat.

Incredible Member

Lightning generates photons. It also generates x-rays, gamma rays, and anti-matter. Storm should be able to utilize/control all those facets, as they are elements of the weather.
    I know thunderstorms generate gamma rays..... but with photons and the rest, I never heard it any sources? Lightning is made from electrons and ions. Photons aren't composed of any of that. The only light in a lightning bolt is the flash of light from it as far as I know.
    Last edited by KLY360; 09-04-2021 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Now we know storm has power over the elements within the body of living organisms and we know she has direct control over chemical energy so could it be that she speed up the metabolism of the sprouts whilst also creating viable conditions for photosynthesis? But then again I believe the space plant feats was a result of her connection to the vast cosmic energies around her as she literally was not focused on the plants but connecting to various fields of energies at once.... All in all it's a bit too ambiguous as to weather it's a goddess feat or it is an omega level feat.
    But I speak of an alternate universe. About the episode of black panther, I believe it was due to its connection with energy cosmica, I talked about it lol

Incredible Member

So we're applying science to fiction plant manipulation? Storm has manipulated plant growth several times along with characters like Poison Ivy and etc. This power is not realistic but it's there due to fiction. So you're going to break your need trying to downplay it instead of enjoying the power of Storm.

But I think this connection she had with the cosmos was due to her powers. I think it connects with primordial energies that govern nature.
    think Storm divinity is beyond the universal level.