Page 558 of 716 FirstFirst ... 58458508548554555556557558559560561562568608658 ... LastLast
Results 8,356 to 8,370 of 10732
  1. #8356
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I just love the genericness of her power description in the omegas spreadsheet

    OMG how could you do this to me. I got wine all over myself. Like loud ass lmao. I forget what great face michelle could give and saying my fave line since i was 4. LMAO. I'm dead. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  2. #8357
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    319

    Default

    So you're applying real science to make your point that Storm didn't manipulate the plant growth? Keep in mind these were plants that haven't even bloomed yet for storm only grew them by watering them? You do realize while you're applying real-life science to most parts of fiction you'll get nowhere.

    1. If a flower in real life has not bloomed yet or mostly any plant you can literally kill that plant by giving it too much water
    2. Please name a plant that grows in minutes of being watered.

  3. #8358
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    So you're applying real science to make your point that Storm didn't manipulate the plant growth? Keep in mind these were plants that haven't even bloomed yet for storm only grew them by watering them? You do realize while you're applying real-life science to most parts of fiction you'll get nowhere.

    1. If a flower in real life has not bloomed yet or mostly any plant you can literally kill that plant by giving it too much water
    2. Please name a plant that grows in minutes of being watered.
    I don't know if this is general question or if your asking someone specific. If it's general i didn't think about it one way or the other but i'm more incline to go with divine energy over suddenly making plants grow once with no info behind it at all or anything that shows her powers have ever been able to do it.

    Though honestly i just thought coates was trying to be deep and artistic. I mean it didn't feel that way but i felt he tried. Like it was suppose to be some deep forest in space imagery.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  4. #8359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    The flash of light is not apart of the bolt. The bolt itself is made out of ions and electrons. Photons aren't made of Ions or Electrons therefore it's not a part of the bolt.
    Ionized air/plasma releases photons as they are exciting and relaxing the electrons. Think of the electrons as clouds and photons as the rain that falls from clouds under certain conditions. Photons and electrons are both quanta of electromagnetism(force as light, negatively charged matter, respectively). The photoelectric effect, and solar powered electricity, for example, show they are connected. Storm controls all the elements of weather. Photons from the sun bring its energy to earth, the energetic source of the weather(along with extrasolar energy from deeper space).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  5. #8360
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Wow so many "science" in this thread...

  6. #8361
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Wow so many "science" in this thread...
    Yes we all have a bachelor's degree in meteorology or atmospheric science, we graduated at the university of reddit’s respect threads but some are doing a doctorate research on the 2 famous scrolls of thermodynamic theology retrieved by expert archeologists in the lost temple of the Hadari Yao situated in Comicvinestan.

    Last edited by Daedra; 09-06-2021 at 12:33 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

  7. #8362
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    1,780

    Question

    In the comic journey into mystery issue #102 Thor harnesses alpha particles in the ATMOSPHERE to create rays strong enough to atomize well weapons and stuff and can use this to destroy even secondary adamantium I forgot the issue he stated that. If we are going to sit here and say that storm has omega level weather manipulation which literally means that she has an immeasurable upper limit to her power, but clench anytime it is suggested she can do things "outside" the normal conventions of weather, then we really need to package that omega title and give it to mutants we believe can actually decimate the laws of nature in regards to the weather. I vote legion or Mr M.

    Sometimes I wonder if Hickman never demonstrated Storm making a storm out of nanobots in THE WORLD that some storm fans would have believed she was capable of such a feat, it still goes over some of us our heads. And it is wierd that other omegas are allowed to do crazy shit when it comes to their abilities such that iceman can literally create sentient life and we all cool with that, but when it comes to storm automatically the laws of nature and science apply and she can't go beyond them without some boost or help. Like if the laws of nature are your limit then doesn't that automatically makes your powers upper limit measurable this making you not omega? Like literally anything in nature that is essentially Immeasurable at a certain point disregard all pre existing laws.

    I know that in many forums and to many fandoms storm fans are regarded as rabid and delusional and this has infected some of us where that when it is suggested that storm can do something crazy they automatically start to act as if they are being embarrassed by their fellow storm fans. But the fault is not with them solely as they deeply know that the xoffice would never really let storm be anything aside your average wind, lightning, rain girl. We see some specific storm fans I won't name names who always try to make her grade 2 street level hero kicking teeth and calling down lightning for the rest of her life.


    Storm is an omega level mutant her power essentially limitless to all forms of measurement, her omega power gives her reign over my and all forces and elements that govern Weather...well.... Anywhere! Down right to the very fundamental forces that hold and shape the universe. This gives her Sooooooooo many abilities and we havent even gotten to her power adapting to any environment be it another universe or dimension. So yes I believe storm can harness photons directly from the atmosphere to do anything she damm well pleases, I believe she can create ice sculptures which are not only massive and complex but can also float up in the atmosphere, that she can create sentient weather and manipulate them, that she can shape nebulae and use them to create stars, planets and even galaxies, that she has no true definable upper limit to the amount of weather or type of weather she can control.


    Her goddess abilities are there And hopefully they get fleshed out along with her ancestry and family.... But her mutation is essentially godlike and defies well all comprehension on its own like literally! And that should not go over some of us our heads.


    Also a higher form of electromagnetic control would give one power over the fundamentals of life and that includes plant life. By synthesizing and boosting the chemical processes that lead to growth in a plant one can essentially enhance and rapidly grow said plant.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 09-06-2021 at 02:27 AM.

  8. #8363
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    In the comic journey into mystery issue #102 Thor harnesses alpha particles in the ATMOSPHERE to create rays strong enough to atomize well weapons and stuff and can use this to destroy even secondary adamantium I forgot the issue he stated that. If we are going to sit here and say that storm has omega level weather manipulation which literally means that she has an immeasurable upper limit to her power, but clench anytime it is suggested she can do things "outside" the normal conventions of weather, then we really need to package that omega title and give it to mutants we believe can actually decimate the laws of nature in regards to the weather. I vote legion or Mr M.

    Sometimes I wonder if Hickman never demonstrated Storm making a storm out of nanobots in THE WORLD that some storm fans would have believed she was capable of such a feat, it still goes over some of us our heads. And it is wierd that other omegas are allowed to do crazy shit when it comes to their abilities such that iceman can literally create sentient life and we all cool with that, but when it comes to storm automatically the laws of nature and science apply and she can't go beyond them without some boost or help. Like if the laws of nature are your limit then doesn't that automatically makes your powers upper limit measurable this making you not omega? Like literally anything in nature that is essentially Immeasurable at a certain point disregard all pre existing laws.

    I know that in many forums and to many fandoms storm fans are regarded as rabid and delusional and this has infected some of us where that when it is suggested that storm can do something crazy they automatically start to act as if they are being embarrassed by their fellow storm fans. But the fault is not with them solely as they deeply know that the xoffice would never really let storm be anything aside your average wind, lightning, rain girl. We see some specific storm fans I won't name names who always try to make her grade 2 street level hero kicking teeth and calling down lightning for the rest of her life.


    Storm is an omega level mutant her power essentially limitless to all forms of measurement, her omega power gives her reign over my and all forces and elements that govern Weather...well.... Anywhere! Down right to the very fundamental forces that hold and shape the universe. This gives her Sooooooooo many abilities and we havent even gotten to her power adapting to any environment be it another universe or dimension. So yes I believe storm can harness photons directly from the atmosphere to do anything she damm well pleases, I believe she can create ice sculptures which are not only massive and complex but can also float up in the atmosphere, that she can create sentient weather and manipulate them, that she can shape nebulae and use them to create stars, planets and even galaxies, that she has no true definable upper limit to the amount of weather or type of weather she can control.


    Her goddess abilities are there And hopefully they get fleshed out along with her ancestry and family.... But her mutation is essentially godlike and defies well all comprehension on its own like literally! And that should not go over some of us our heads.


    Also a higher form of electromagnetic control would give one power over the fundamentals of life and that includes plant life. By synthesizing and boosting the chemical processes that lead to growth in a plant one can essentially enhance and rapidly grow said plant.
    Hey I agree with all your points relating to Ororo’s potential, I’m a power-feats junkie so I’ll never stop theorizing about fun power application, as for the relations between different Storm’s fans….. we are here to enjoy ourself not put limitations upon each other. People just need to relax MORE
    Last edited by Daedra; 09-06-2021 at 04:17 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

  9. #8364
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    8,062

    Default

    So...Some Storm fans are free to post whatever theories they may have about Storm and her powers (no matter how seemingly ridiculous) but other Storm fans are not free to challenge or question those theories.

    Okies. How very, Orwellian.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  10. #8365
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    So...Some Storm fans are free to post whatever theories they may have about Storm and her powers (no matter how seemingly ridiculous) but other Storm fans are not free to challenge or question those theories.

    Okies. How very, Orwellian.
    I hope that’s not the message you got out of my post
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

  11. #8366
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    8,062

    Default

    Not from your post, no. Just the general atmosphere (pun intended) of the past few pages. Goddess forbid some Storm fans should have a differing opinion about the character and her powers.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  12. #8367
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    1,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Hey I agree with all your points relating to Ororo’s potential, I’m a power-feats junkie so I’ll never stop theorizing about fun power application, as for the relations between different Storm’s fans….. we are here to enjoy ourself not put limitations upon each other. People just need to relax MORE
    Exactly! as always you are on point.... It is fun to explore her abilities and theorize what she can really do. As Ororo herself said there are no such things as limits for her.

  13. #8368
    Fantastic Member Stormy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Hey I agree with all your points relating to Ororo’s potential, I’m a power-feats junkie so I’ll never stop theorizing about fun power application, as for the relations between different Storm’s fans….. we are here to enjoy ourself not put limitations upon each other. People just need to relax MORE
    Your theories and explanations about Storm's powers are always welcome, from any user, fan of the character, I'm learning a lot about the versatility of Ororo's abilities, thanks to you in general.

  14. #8369
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    1,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Your theories and explanations about Storm's powers are always welcome, from any user, fan of the character, I'm learning a lot about the versatility of Ororo's abilities, thanks to you in general.
    And more about science in general I didn't know that Neptune has a 1000mph Windsor that it rained diamonds or metal in other planets. I learnt more about, astronomy, convection cells, tectonic plates and chemical energy and it's role in life. I have learnt about the weather, fundamental forces and many many many more because of my interest in storm. And I can say I for one am good for it!

  15. #8370
    Spectacular Member Amazona dos ventos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    190

    Default

    The problem is that when it comes to Storm there is always a snag in the theories outlined by fans. What we are talking about here are theories based on the scientific view, the internet does not exist only to consume pornography, but to study and do research.
    Just as there are scientific explanations even if hypothetically for Bobby's deeds, there are also scientific explanations for Ororo's.
    Plants have chlorophyll, which makes photosynthesis possible. For it is exactly chlorophyll that captures light energy and transforms it into chemical energy. This means that the plant absorbs carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and water from the soil. In the presence of light, carbon dioxide and water molecules react with each other, producing glucose and oxygen.
    Between the atoms that make up the glucose molecule is stored the energy that the plant will use to grow and that will be consumed by other living beings.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •