Page 563 of 772 FirstFirst ... 63463513553559560561562563564565566567573613663 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    She was also seen as a rain goddess to many tribes in aftica as well. And if we know prayer and faith empower her it should be no different when worshipped by others. Though i still agree with others that say it was just the final activatuon as we saw in shuri mini storm has a god voice qnd mode waiting to wreak havok and restore balance like when she got rid of those mushrooms in wakanda and didnt remember doing it

From marvel encylopedia.
    Attachment 113467
    even still, Ororo acknowledged what Xavier told her years before when she first joined the xmen that she wasn't a real goddess. that was and had been the narrative for the character's entire existence until Coates came along and changed that. I think to now retroactively select periods from her past as indications she was a "real goddess" glosses over this fact.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-07-2021 at 04:56 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    even still, Ororo acknowledged what Xavier told her years before when she first joined the xmen that she wasn't a real goddess. that was and had been the narrative for the character's entire existence until Coates came along and changed that. I think to now retroactively select periods from her past as indications she was a "real goddess" glosses over this fact.
    It doesn't gloss over anything when coates himself used it in his book. So you can say coates went back and retcon a retcon or you can completely ignore what he said in the book about how ororo felt when she was a goddess. okay. either way don't mean much to me. I'm simply posting what's in the encyclopedia.

edit: and the encyclopedia copyright 2020. So that's what marvel want everyday people to know and i'm good with that.

Attachment 113469
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-07-2021 at 05:15 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Interesting debate on Storm's effects but there is one significant factor that is missing -- true that there could be all the fictional science but in a writer/reader prospective take into consideration that comics is a medium that tell a story with little to no consideration of "literal time"

1. First of all the three panel in concern was placed in three different parts of the book (in which other stuff are happening) -- so the question as to how quick the plants grow may be subjective
    H

E.g. here are the three culprits of that question in succession that the post suggest those plants grow quick
    Attachment 113478
    Attachment 113480
    Attachment 113481
    It would be agreeable if these panels were actually presented in the same manner as panel 1 - panel 3

But it wasn't

Between these panels, the conversation between Shuri, the attack on the enemy ship (with the explosion), the conversation between Killmonger and the symbiote before she was able to be ready to enact the attack of that massive scale -- happened -- significant amount of time has lapsed in between said 3 separate panels -- so it could mean that the plant still took its natural course of how many hours...it would just seem so quick coz it has to be cramped in about 20 or so pages...take into consideration how many bullets/ roundabouts around a large ship does it take to take down an entire ship? (titanic took hours before it really sank)

So to answer that curious question is in the way these panels were arranged in the story board -- there was a significant time - perhaps more than 24 hours before she was able to actually affect the army --it was also mentioned that she was "tardy" of the task -- meaning time is to be considered (the time being asked here is relative to how Shuri expected for that plan to work) the plant was there to reiterate to readers time has passed from panel 1 (while Shuri and Hodari debate and how they attacked the shop) from panel 2 (while the symbiote and Killmonger talked and holding off their defenses) and finally panel 3 -- where the plants are effectively blossomed

Secondly Although to consider still that instead of days -- lets concentrate on who is it we are talking about -- Its Storm who is an expert gardener/hordeculturist with a power set that justifies how plants react to her (including but not limited to knowing which plants can be aggressively needing a lot of energy she was about to displace from those ships) remember that she was breeding hybrid plants? Or it could be a Krakoan plant that creates gates in minutes time...so yup fiction wins the logical real time debate of how these plants could potentially really grow in such a short span -- its also a potential mutant plant (if it was shown that she used an ordinary plant like a rose and showed it to have bloomed -- thats a different debate) sometimes we should also consider that she aint just someone who shoots lightning

Lastly, what exactly is she doing? As mentioned above she had removed the life support of a huge army -- nope she didn't take it for herself as it had no effect on her -- so where did she put that amount of energy? Yes the plants -- among the sciences that can support one of the basic laws energy placement/displacement (much how it was explained that her rains in new york could deplete the needed water requirement for it to rain lets say in europe) the plant (mutant or not) is the recipient of all that energy she took -- if you know the concept of a bonsai compared to forest trees (then its the reverse of that)...if you accept that Krakoan plant is a mutant in itself growing gates in seconds then its potentially done in minutes without a surprise -- but Ill hold the most logical middle that time did lapse -- in its simplest narrative --

Bottomline still there is no question as to the character not having or having the skill to do "godly" feat with plants against a human capacity to grow by supplying bare minimum -- considering this also happened in fictional space in a 4x4 room and not as vast as earth -- and no I took away the consideration that she has "god" influence -- that is only so relevant to Hodari's doubtful nature -- to which I guess he walked out of it as a believer -- moving of energy or water from one ship to another by mere yoga sitting is not yet proven to be a human skill -- The definition of god is still by comics human standard anyway and Hodari is still a human Wakandan in prospective --

P.S. if we are to consider the flowering plant image that was posted before -- notice that the other mutant kid was already working out on the plant before they reached out to her -- doesnt mean that it was just her influence that brought that plant back to life -- i would bet that the mutant child already had started the process and would have been feeding the plant for days and something was wrong with how he was feeding it -- she just fixed it --

Sometimes too much logic aint needed in interpreting the pages -- remember that comics is still made for kids to understand what is happening -- plus its fictional science i could discuss how many biological redundancies science fiction can become but that is for another time and another science field discussion or when comics realized that Shogo should have grown to an actual talking child by now *wink* *wink*

BANNED

do u have feats for chthon? I know roma mentioned life itself couldn't exist without adversary so that says a lot but I'm not familiar with chthon.
    Basically chthon is the primordial god of chaos and the source of the very potent magic called chaos magic. He is the source of Wanda's power and the reason why she was able to do M day.

It doesn't gloss over anything when coates himself used it in his book. So you can say coates went back and retcon a retcon or you can completely ignore what he said in the book about how ororo felt when she was a goddess. okay. either way don't mean much to me. I'm simply posting what's in the encyclopedia.

edit: and the encyclopedia copyright 2020. So that's what marvel want everyday people to know and i'm good with that.

Attachment 113469
    Yea. I love encyclopedias like the next person but it is not technically canon. The pages from actual 616 from the xoffices make it VERY CLEAR Ororo was not a true god. She herself even supported that prior to Coates intervention:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Yea. I love encyclopedias like the next person but it is not technically canon. The pages from actual 616 from the xoffices make it VERY CLEAR Ororo was not a true god. She herself even supported that prior to Coates intervention:

[img]https://miro.***********/max/1400/1*U6ehWAZ0uAWZ6kfu7QSekw.jpeg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp.blogspot.com/SOE4ShjtDa0Qf8eMJ_7B3balOxsRvtWdllS-mtb3v-aH99C8aViOUIL4lCji8m_nT1hCYzaNFh-wVlblPumlrHO820s_KNdJQ6fo0I2KWpjOhJLxPPSvWIJ4a0njl-K5T2l-W7YRmw=s1600[/_img]

okay. i have nothing else to add on that cause i. don't. care. No one is going to read every issue of x-men just to have this tired debate. so cool.

But anyway may as well put here too. Storm creating sand storm. Attachment 113487 Attachment 113488
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Basically chthon is the primordial god of chaos and the source of the very potent magic called chaos magic. He is the source of Wanda's power and the reason why she was able to do M day.
    gotcha. well based upon this honestly I'm not sure. I dont think adversary has as many feats as the other character though.

BANNED

gotcha. well based upon this honestly I'm not sure. I dont think adversary has as many feats as the other character though.
    Yh but that's the thing though chthon is a primordial god an elder god as old and as ancient as well Gaia, oshtur. He has reality warping that is unparalleled and is one of the very few beings capable of affecting and hurting the singular manifestation of all life the pheonix force. Adversary is a chaos god but he is a trickster ultimately. I was thinking about the two of them wondering if they came to head who would win and from the looks of it chthon would edge out adversary.....

okay. i have nothing else to add on that cause i. don't. care. No one is going to read every issue of x-men just to have this tired debate. so cool.

But anyway may as well put here too. Storm creating sand storm. Attachment 113487 Attachment 113488
    I dont expect everyone to read every issue but I also don't expect readers to change the history of a character either. storm fans were taken to tasks by everyone online when they asserted she was a goddess and it was because at that time Storm was never considered a real goddess and there are innumerable issues that state this. Its not debate its just canonical truth.

I dont expect everyone to read every issue but I also don't expect readers to change the history of a character either. storm fans were taken to tasks by everyone online when they asserted she was a goddess and it was because at that time Storm was never considered a real goddess and there are innumerable issues that state this. Its not debate its just canonical truth.
    okay and now your doing the work for them an invalidated all your old arguments because as you said she wasn't a goddess until coates made her one. notice i haven't disagreed with you, i haven't said you are wrong, i just don't live in the past and don't care. So i don't get what is trying to be accomplished.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

okay and now your doing the work for them an invalidated all your old arguments because as you said she wasn't a goddess until coates made her one. notice i haven't disagreed with you, i haven't said you are wrong, i just don't live in the past and don't care. So i don't get what is trying to be accomplished.
    invalidate what old arguments? I've never said she was a literal goddess before Coates. I have said there are instances from the past that support her being an actual goddess which i believe is what coates used in his development for her gift of godhead.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Yh but that's the thing though chthon is a primordial god an elder god as old and as ancient as well Gaia, oshtur. He has reality warping that is unparalleled and is one of the very few beings capable of affecting and hurting the singular manifestation of all life the pheonix force. Adversary is a chaos god but he is a trickster ultimately. I was thinking about the two of them wondering if they came to head who would win and from the looks of it chthon would edge out adversary.....
    yea im sure most say chthon would win but adversary cannot be destroyed so that is a tricky one for me.

invalidate what old arguments? I've never said she was a literal goddess before Coates. I have said there are instances from the past that support her being an actual goddess which i believe is what coates used in his development for her gift of godhead.
    cool. so should i send him a banner or something. i just really don't get what you are trying to imply. I don't like coates writing, it's okay. I don't understand why it seems to bother you so much.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    When it comes to magical energies I expect Ororo to follow Topaz “model” but in a much more powerful way, to be able to generate your own mystical energies is considered somewhat of a privilege in the marvel universe

Also lets not forget that Ororo’s mutant godhood puts her on a very special level even when compared to your run of the mill asgardian god

It looks like we're in the same synergy here, Storm could be a mystical ergokinetic too, as her powers give her a lot of contact with the energies, no wonder she managed to open a portal with the channeled energies of the sorcerers while Magik was getting hurt , channeled energy from an entire dimension and then healed it.

do u have feats for chthon? I know roma mentioned life itself couldn't exist without adversary so that says a lot but I'm not familiar with chthon.
    Chthon is a pillar of magic in the Marvel Universe, he is an Elder God, if I'm not mistaken the Vinshattis teamed up to create a book to oppose or be equal to the Darkhold, he is very powerful, must be the second most powerful of the Gods Elders, it is said that he can destroy a multiverse or create one, only his existence on earth is a threat, so he uses receptacles, like Wanda, so that one day he can leave his dimension.

A Recton I would make would connect the Adversary with Chthon, a lost son, something like that, and Ororo would have the "Order Magic" thanks to Oshtur, so I would explain that of Hadari Yao, Chaos vs Order

cool. so should i send him a banner or something. i just really don't get what you are trying to imply. I don't like coates writing, it's okay. I don't understand why it seems to bother you so much.
    who said its a bother? whether you like Coates or not is irrelevant to me im simply responding to the notion of her being a goddess beyond the Wakandans. your initial post was that you were annoyed by her being a Wakandan goddess and that she was a goddess beyond that but canonically that isn't true.