Page 565 of 772 FirstFirst ... 65465515555561562563564565566567568569575615665 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,475 of 11576
    Incredible Member

You reread issue #6 while its issue #16

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I reread the issue and while Ororo was in said issue I did not see Ororo channel magical energy from different mages into Illyana to create a portal to limbo... However, I did see this...

Extraordinary X-Men #6

Perhaps, you're thinking of another issue...

Aw... 'Ya beat me to it.
    Issue 16 it's issue 16,and Ororo don't chanel magical energy into illyana she simply tool the mystical energy and used it to create a portal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Aw... 'Ya beat me to it.
    Yet divinity is nothing but a separate type of magic. It says storm uses magic by transferring faith into power. Which means it is divine magic. Y'all need to let go that there is more than 1 type of magic. There is dark, white, divine, chaos, blue and I can go on different types of magic.[/QUOTE]

Wait where do they day that

The Adversary is speculated to be nothing but an aspect of Coyote, who is the god of trickster. I don't know if they would also apply to his powers over chaos. Not only that Adversary chaos powers are his. Chthon did not create the chaos magic but uses it for himself.
    Whoo that felt like a bible read with all the names but it answered my question. If they predate the elements that existed to create everything then it would make sense that Storm's natural power over the elements would not work on them and as such she must be using some magical means to effect them and most likely it is divine/cosmic to hit beings on that level. Thanks i appreciate it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This debate reminds me of Odin fights against Thanos, they had an interesting exchange….

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Yet divinity is nothing but a separate type of magic. It says storm uses magic by transferring faith into power. Which means it is divine magic. Y'all need to let go that there is more than 1 type of magic. There is dark, white, divine, chaos, blue and I can go on different types of magic.
    Wait where do they day that[/QUOTE]

In the databook it say Wakandan gods and just like most gods get magic by transforming Worship into. It stated Storm reached Godlike level because she was going that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    This debate reminds me of Odin fights against Thanos, they had an interesting exchange….

Boom! Exactly as I said it the wellspring is the same weather magic or cosmic power..... There is this concept of the god particle or force which gives heroes and super beings their power in marvel. But that is very dumb they could have just limited this source to divine beings and maybe omega level heroes like the omega level mutants, hulk, sentry and others. But instead marvel introduced a great concept and bastardized it just like they did with the pheonix force.

BANNED

Wait where do they day that
    In the databook it say Wakandan gods and just like most gods get magic by transforming Worship into. It stated Storm reached Godlike level because she was going that.[/QUOTE]

And their power source is magic? Really? Then I guess the supreme god of the marvel verse the one above all's source of power is also magic which I doubt very much.

Incredible Member

In the databook it say Wakandan gods and just like most gods get magic by transforming Worship into. It stated Storm reached Godlike level because she was going that.
    And their power source is magic? Really? Then I guess the supreme god of the marvel verse the one above all's source of power is also magic which I doubt very much.[/QUOTE]

You don't even make sense lmao... One above all is above all psionic, fundamental, magic, and abstract powers of the Marvel multiverse. I mean if you're going to downplay have some factual evidence because you stated the phoenix doesn't have an affinity to magic and that was a lie.

Gods will always have access to their own reserves of COSMIC- PSIONIC-MYSTIC power, you could even consider these CATEGORIES as the 3 ways path to godhood…… I once elaborated about them here, it was mostly my head canon but I do think it makes sense, when it comes to the marvel universe hierarchies cosmic powers, unlimited psionic potential and mystic might are the keys to the top floor.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Gods will always have access to their own reserves of COSMIC- PSIONIC-MYSTIC power, you could even consider these CATEGORIES as the 3 ways path to godhood…… I once elaborated about them here, it was mostly my head canon but I do think it makes sense, when it comes to the marvel universe hierarchies cosmic powers, unlimited psionic potential and mystic might are the keys to the top floor.
    Hmmm that may be why omega level mutants are potentially godlike or gods in their own right as they have virtually unlimited psionic potential 7 on the power scale. And storm has that along with great mystical potential.

Also what is the difference between cosmic power and someone like storm who can manipulate cosmic forces.

Hmmm that may be why omega level mutants are potentially godlike or gods in their own right as they have virtually unlimited psionic potential 7 on the power scale. And storm has that along with great mystical potential.

Also what is the difference between cosmic power and someone like storm who can manipulate cosmic forces.
    Strictly speaking of Storm (the mutant) her earth-spanning elemental manipulation has been said to be psionic, I believe she can access cosmic reserves of power but that’s something more likely to happen when leaving planetary bodies behind and immersing herself in the depths of space (see the galactic core feat).
    One could also say that Ororo is not simply manipulating weather but also generating tremendous amounts of power, so in an hypothetical chart she would be at the top of multiple categories ( the psionic one + the energy projection…)
    Last edited by Daedra; 09-07-2021 at 04:34 PM.

BANNED

And their power source is magic? Really? Then I guess the supreme god of the marvel verse the one above all's source of power is also magic which I doubt very much.
    You don't even make sense lmao... One above all is above all psionic, fundamental, magic, and abstract powers of the Marvel multiverse. I mean if you're going to downplay have some factual evidence because you stated the phoenix doesn't have an affinity to magic and that was a lie.[/QUOTE]

I am not downplaying anything, gods are not inherently magical. A god can perform feats without using divine magic, but simply because they have actual authority. It's not a hard fast rule that everything a god does is magically based. As Odin stated he and Thanos are all connected to the same source of limitless energy and power the only difference is the nature of how they channel their power he does so with divine mysticism whilst Thanos does so with scientific apparatus.
    You are treating divine magic as a catch all term for anything a god does when that simply isn't the case as it's more convoluted than that.

Also let's make this relevant to the begining of whatever this is. If the pheonix was to face the adversary do you honestly believe the adversary would be able to take down the pheonix? Would it just be because pheonix doesn't have high order magic? I doubt that, why? because pheonix is simply greater than he is same as the elder gods are above him and eternity and the living tribunal are all above him. That's why I am saying that hadari yao overpowered him not because she was using high order magic but simply because she is mightier than him. She didnt even battle him all she did was singlehandedly push him back, had we seen an actual battle then we would draw conclusions that she used elements of a spell or whatever...but as it stands now we have literally nothing suggesting that because info on hadari yao is still very scarce. We simply know that the faith of wakandans activated her godhead same as the spores did in shuri.

All I hope for is that Ewing would flesh out her divinity more during his run and establish her beyond wakanda and unto the greater MU as a whole.

BANNED

Strictly speaking of Storm (the mutant) her earth-spanning elemental manipulation has been said to be psionic, I believe she can access cosmic reserves of power but that’s something more likely to happen when leaving planetary bodies behind and immersing herself in the depths of space (see the galactic core feat).
    One could also say that Ororo is not simply manipulating weather’but also generating tremendous amounts of power, so in an hypothetical chart she would be at the top of multiple categories ( the psionic one + the energy projection…)
    The nature of cosmic or psionic powers is kinda fuzzy to me. I think cosmic powers deal with the fundamental forces that govern the universe adjusting and governing aspects of the universe with already established laws and principles or breaking them bordering and entering the abstract. Meanwhile psionic is mental influence over an aspect of the universe or reality which can also border on the abstract, that's why psionic is kinda beneath cosmic as the ultimate expression of a psionic is to go cosmic. The only one that seems distinct is mystical since incantations and stuff are needed to activate it. But even magic at a certain level doesn't really need much to work and operates similarity to cosmic and psionic powers case in point wanda being able to shape reality to her emotions in house of M without incantations except for the no more mutants thing. Does that make sense? I kinda wrote alot lol.

Storm has access to mystic, psionic and cosmic energy sources all to an measurable degree. I think that hadari yao being deeper than all these is when all these sources align bringing out her true ultimate expression. And that's why I think knull said he was his most powerful. Because with the like s of Thor though he has immeasurable mystical and then cosmic powers he didn't have Immeasurable psionic powers, hulk has immeasurable cosmic strength, legion has immeasurable psionic strength, same for all other omegas. But storm has all three locked and loaded on an immeasurable scale. When you sit and really think about it storm is like really really really op.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

A cosmic being is imbued with Cosmic power
    Storm is able to wield cosmic power (because of its make up) but she's not imbued with cosmic power. She still needs to have assisted breathing in open space.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!