Page 566 of 772 FirstFirst ... 66466516556562563564565566567568569570576616666 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,490 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    This debate reminds me of Odin fights against Thanos, they had an interesting exchangeÂ….

this explains magic and how it works with divinity perfectly thank you.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    A cosmic being is imbued with Cosmic power
    Storm is able to wield cosmic power (because of its make up) but she's not imbued with cosmic power. She still needs to have assisted breathing in open space.
    Breaking down carbon dioxide should be child’s play, Crystal does it so Ororo should be able to do it as well
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

A cosmic being is imbued with Cosmic power
    Storm is able to wield cosmic power (because of its make up) but she's not imbued with cosmic power. She still needs to have assisted breathing in open space.
    So the hallmark of someone with cosmic power is that they can breathe in space? Also what is cosmic power please elaborate.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

You all seem to know everything about how Marvel Super powers should work...I'm surprised you have to ask?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-07-2021 at 05:20 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Breaking down carbon dioxide should be child’s play, Crystal does it so Ororo should be able to do it as well
    do you have scans of this friend?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

You all seem to know everything about how Marvel Super powers should work...I'm surprised you have to ask?
    No I don't infact I am simply speculating based on comic text and such.....
    So we... Well... I don't know. So I am asking you since you boldly stated, what is cosmic power and does breathing in space unaided automatically mean one has cosmic power?

Google Marvel's Cosmic Beings and see what you come up with.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    The nature of cosmic or psionic powers is kinda fuzzy to me. I think cosmic powers deal with the fundamental forces that govern the universe adjusting and governing aspects of the universe with already established laws and principles or breaking them bordering and entering the abstract. Meanwhile psionic is mental influence over an aspect of the universe or reality which can also border on the abstract, that's why psionic is kinda beneath cosmic as the ultimate expression of a psionic is to go cosmic. The only one that seems distinct is mystical since incantations and stuff are needed to activate it. But even magic at a certain level doesn't really need much to work and operates similarity to cosmic and psionic powers case in point wanda being able to shape reality to her emotions in house of M without incantations except for the no more mutants thing. Does that make sense? I kinda wrote alot lol.

Storm has access to mystic, psionic and cosmic energy sources all to an measurable degree. I think that hadari yao being deeper than all these is when all these sources align bringing out her true ultimate expression. And that's why I think knull said he was his most powerful. Because with the like s of Thor though he has immeasurable mystical and then cosmic powers he didn't have Immeasurable psionic powers, hulk has immeasurable cosmic strength, legion has immeasurable psionic strength, same for all other omegas. But storm has all three locked and loaded on an immeasurable scale. When you sit and really think about it storm is like really really really op.
    Haha….. found my old post….

Ok this is all my theory so take it with a grain of salt:
    (Lots of head canon in it but I might as well share it)

Usually in the marvel universe high-end powers can be categorized by 3 different qualities:

Cosmic Power (power of the body)(physics): pure ultra-science in reed Richards or thanos style, unified control over the 4 foundamental forces of the universe, it’s a world of particles and quantification and logic, affinity for technology ….. atoms, molecules, photons, gravity, radiation etc… are under direct purview. (Scientific heroes… hulk,Fantastic four, captain marvel, silver surfer, quasar…..)

Mystic Power (power of the soul)(philosophy): spiritual growth, esoteric knowledge, ability to manipulate magical forces for a variety of effects, it’s a world of spirits, fantastical creatures, elemental powers, extra dimensinal energies, karmic balance….. faith, symbolism, meaning & intention, arcane powers and knowledge can move reality accordingly. (Doctor Strange, Clea, Doctor Voodoo, Morgan le Fay….)

Psionic Power (power of the mind)(biology): walks the line between body&soul, psionic power generation and manipulation, can be studied scientifically despite having some hard to quantify qualities, it’s a world of will, biochemical manipulation of ones’s body, astral self, empathy, telepathy, consciousness projection, can affect the physical word by specific or generic application of psionic energies generated by the brain with different affinities (tele-hydro-photo-thermo-cryo-ergo etc…. -kinesis), (mutants, xavier, emma frost, jean grey, vulcan, proteus are just some top examples)

Hybridization is very possible and common, you can have psionic manipulation via cosmic energy or cosmic forces manipulation via psionic means, mystic powers can emulate cosmic feats or affect the body as psionic would.

Mortals usually only have 1 source of power and can at best develop (and loose) a secondary source during their lifespawn (think of Illyana Rasputin or Jean Grey during her time as phoenix)

GODS (this is really what makes Ororo so different from the rest) can be distinguished by mere mortals because they naturally possess personal intrinsic reservoirs of each branch, whether they decide to cultivate each of the three branches or just focus on one their nature is always trine, true gods have a COSMIC, MYSTICAL and PSIONIC dimension to themselves (think a tridimensional being ability to act opposed to a bi-dimensional one) ( this is where I see characters like Gaea, Thor, Storm, Chthon, Odin, Osthur etc….)
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

It's a good thing you admitted to head-canoning...and that your post was mainly theory. ie not canonical fact.
    Storm is an OL. She's a Goddess of some sort. She is not a Cosmic Being...as such is defined by Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    do you have scans of this friend?
    Here you go, last issue of Royals

BANNED

It's a good thing you admitted to head-canoning...and that your post was mainly theory. ie not canonical fact.
    Storm is an OL. She's a Goddess of some sort. She is not a Cosmic Being...as such is defined by Marvel.
    You still haven't answered the thing my dear... What the F is cosmic power according to you. Because I say it is based on the four fundamental forces as per the power cosmic.... But apparently that is not what it is and since speculation is a s sin, I would like you to clear the air with your definition of what it is so we all follow that meter. So come on what is cosmic power as per you.

BANNED

Haha….. found my old post….
    And that's on that. Storms power is psionic, she has the capacity to bond spiritually with celestial bodies and the universe itself so much so that she can hold all eternity in her, and can operate with molecules and all fundamental forces that determine weather which is pretty much all four of them, and the ability to psionically interact with these forces. Looks like a lock on Cosmic, psionic and mystical to me.

Or Daedra I am tripping balls.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 09-07-2021 at 05:40 PM.

Sure, as far as I am concerned this is just a way for us to have fun exposing different theories and killing time, it never occurred to me to impose my ideas on anyone else

BANNED

It's wierd it's almost as of the concept of fun theorizing is lost on them maybe someone should let them know we are fans and fans theorize and come up with concepts based on cannon to better understand their favorite charachter. Plus it is fun.

Oh well at least they have the good chunk of the past twenty years worth of comics plus Duggan's marauders to go to for mediocre streetfighter storm. We are looking to greater bigger divine omega level things plus actually exploration her ancestry Ashake should have a solo by now.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 09-07-2021 at 05:45 PM.

Here you go, last issue of Royals

She can also hold a air pocket together against the vacuum of space