Page 57 of 772 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157557 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that is not true. the fact they were childhood sweethearts is one big reason she should make a cameo in the film. add to that she was queen and now a goddess of wakanda makes even a greater reason why it would make sense she debuted in the BP movie. moreover, her relationship with wakanda isn't solely dependent on tchalla. her relationship with shuri and the queen mother are also well established at this point.
    he's an adult in the movie and there is no tchalla in the next one. She didn't meet shuri until she was an adult. there ya go, problem solved. and bast is the goddess of wakanda.

i guess im just tired of black people being isolated to one corner. If she goes there later cool but let's black up some more franchises and create some new ones and then she can appear there. Why rush it is my thing.
    Last edited by jwatson; 02-03-2021 at 10:39 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    he's an adult in the movie and there is no tchalla in the next one. She didn't meet shuri until she was an adult. there ya go, problem solved. and bast is the goddess of wakanda.
    shuri was a retconned sibling that hudlin introduced. it is unlikely that ororo would have never met her prior to their marriage.

I also said storm is a goddess of wakanda not the goddess. there are several gods/goddesses (the Orishas) of wakanda and storm just so happens to be one of them.

I dont see it as black people being isolated fo one corner of the mcu. in respect to her origin story it makes more sense to appear in a BP movie versus a thor one. she grew up in Cairo Egypt, met tchalla when they both were kids, and was worshipped as a goddess in kenya which neighbors wakanda. had her origins consisted of her running around asgarf I would have no issue there but introducing her in the thor movie especially as a part of thor corps wouldn't help her evolve as hr own character in the mcu franchise.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-03-2021 at 10:44 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

shuri was a retconned sibling that hudlin introduced. it is unlikely that ororo would have never met her prior to their marriage.

I also said storm is a goddess of wakanda not the goddess. there are several gods/goddesses (the Orishas) of wakanda and storm just so happens to be one of them.
    Storm is a kenyan goddess. They still worship her there and even if the old lady didn't we have read since some people there still do, so wakanda can't just be stealing people goddessess. ^___________^

When storm herself calls herself a goddess of wakanda i will believe it, but she has seen herself as a goddess to kenyan people.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

that is not true. the fact they were childhood sweethearts is one big reason she should make a cameo in the film. add to that she was queen and now a goddess of wakanda makes even a greater reason why it would make sense she debuted in the BP movie. moreover, her relationship with wakanda isn't solely dependent on tchalla. her relationship with shuri and the queen mother are also well established at this point.
    But she can’t become a queen unless she marries into the royal family, which requires T’Challa to do. And who was it that made her realize she was a goddess of Wakanda? That’s right T’Challa. And her relationship with Ramonda and Shuri are established in the comics, not the MCU. Unless Marvel decides to recast T’Challa, it doesn’t make any sense what so ever for Storm to be anywhere near Wakanda in the MCU.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    But she can’t become a queen unless she marries into the royal family, which requires T’Challa to do. And who was it that made her realize she was a goddess of Wakanda? That’s right T’Challa. And her relationship with Ramonda and Shuri are established in the comics, not the MCU. Unless Marvel decides to recast T’Challa, it doesn’t make any sense what so ever for Storm to be anywhere near Wakanda in the MCU.
    Storm can become a queen because she is descendant from them, she doesn't need Tchalla. They could easily choose to have her people continue on and modern kenya be different in the MCU than comics. Sort of like in House of M. I think people forget Storm is descendant from royalty she doesn't need anyone's title.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Storm is a kenyan goddess. They still worship her there and even if the old lady didn't we have read since some people there still do, so wakanda can't just be stealing people goddessess. ^___________^

When storm herself calls herself a goddess of wakanda i will believe it, but she has seen herself as a goddess to kenyan people.
    whatever she calls herself is inconsequential to canon. this is per the marvel book (encyclopedia) pay attention to the last few sentences of the second image.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm can become a queen because she is descendant from them, she doesn't need Tchalla. They could easily choose to have her people continue on and modern kenya be different in the MCU than comics. Sort of like in House of M. I think people forget Storm is descendant from royalty she doesn't need anyone's title.
    I meant queen of Wakanda. My mistake.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

I meant queen of Wakanda. My mistake.
    i immediately realized it after i posted and read it again. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Ororo actually is a princess by birth from her mother N‘Dare. So she doesn't need tchalla to be queen as this is her birthright. Her relationship with them may be established in the comics but as mutants begin to become integrated in the mcu best believe mutants relations to the larger mcu will be established which I would imagine will mirror the comics.

all in all there is precedence that would support her appearing in this movie whether tchalla is there or not. the fact she lives in Kenya which borders Wakanda is enough of a reason.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-03-2021 at 10:54 AM.

whatever she calls herself is inconsequential to canon. this is per the marvel book (encyclopedia) pay attention to the last few sentences of the second image.

in my best wanda voice. "More. Black. Franchises" Not all black people have to appear in the same place. The MCU is not the comics. Where if we were going by, she had a long history before a tchalla retcon even Claremont himself doesn't ship and whether comics or movie, even fox was smart enough to consult the man, i can't see disney being any different, especially when he still works at marvel.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

in my best wanda voice. "More. Black. Franchises" Not all black people have to appear in the same place. The MCU is not the comics. Where if we were going by, she had a long history before a tchalla retcon even Claremont himself doesn't ship.
    all people do not have to appear in BP nor have I ever said that. Monica is in Wanda vision, and black characters (falcon, war machine, valkyries) all appeared outside if a bp movie. again in the context of ororo specifically as it relates to her origins (grew up in Cairo, worshipped as a goddess in Kenya which borders wakanda, and childhood friends with tchalla) it makes sense that an introduction of her pre-xmen could involve a cameo in BP.

I know this was just shared but I have to repost! I need a marvel game thst looks like this where its open world and she has all types of powers (not just wind and lightning) as i think a lot or some of the moves here were based on thor

Ororo actually is a princess by birth from her mother N‘Dare. So she doesn't need tchalla to be queen as this is her birthright. Her relationship with them may be established in the comics but as mutants begin to become integrated in the mcu best believe mutants relations to the larger mcu will be established which I would imagine will mirror the comics.

all in all there is precedence that would support her appearing in this movie whether tchalla is there or not. the fact she lives in Kenya which borders Wakanda is enough of a reason.
    When I said she can’t become a queen without T’Challa I meant queen of Wakanda. And again, if Marvel would have her appear in BP flick, it’s obviously to have a romance with T’Challa which is a major thing that both comic readers and casuals know about. But unfortunately due to Chadwick’s passing Marvel maybe retiring the character for good. So even though Kenya borders Wakanda, what sense does it make for Storm to be in the Black Panther franchise if T’Challa is not there? The only way I can see her being in the movie is a flashback scene to where she and T’Challa were kids (assuming Marvel will kill him off now that Chadwick is gone). And it’s like jwatson said, not every black character in Marvel has to be tied to Wakanda.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

When I said she can’t become a queen without T’Challa I meant queen of Wakanda. And again, if Marvel would have her appear in BP flick, it’s obviously to have a romance with T’Challa which is a major thing that both comic readers and casuals know about. But unfortunately due to Chadwick’s passing Marvel maybe be retiring the character for good. So even though Kenya borders Wakanda, what sense does it make for Storm to be in the Black Panther franchise if T’Challa is not there? The only way I can see her being in the movie is a flashback scene to where she and T’Challa were kids (assuming Marvel will kill him off now that Chadwick is gone). And it’s like jwatson said, not every black character in Marvel has to be tied to Wakanda.

Thanks for the clarification.

I was not convinced her appearance would have been a romantic one as he was linked to Nakia. I was under the impression any inclusion of her would have been a minor cameo stating there was a white haired woman who controls the weather in one of the neighboring countries to Wakanda that required investigation of some sort.

Every black character in marvel is not tied to Wakanda but in the case of Storm she is very much tied to the nation canonically speaking.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-03-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Thanks for the clarification.

I was not convinced her appearance would have been a romantic one as he was linked to Nakia. I was under the impression any inclusion of her would have been a minor cameo stating there was a white haired woman who controls the weather in one of the neighboring countries to Wakanda that required investigation of some sort.

Every black character in marvel is not tied to Wakanda but in the case of Storm she is very much tied to the nation canonically speaking.
    Orisha? What's an orisha? I never heard of her. Any details? ^___-
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Orisha? What's an orisha? I never heard of her. Any details? ^___-
    check out those scans I posted about the gods of wakanda