Page 576 of 772 FirstFirst ... 76476526566572573574575576577578579580586626676 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,640 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    May the goddess forgive me for ever taking fox xmen seriously in anyway now I watch it to laugh at how dumb it is.
    Just glad you sought out better material in the end. It's sad that some people won't know how great a character Storm is cause of her so many periods of poor writing.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    OMFG you read my mind. That is the EXACT image i had in my mind when i read that. LOL. My first experience was the cartoon in 93 when i was in 5th grade and that was the same year i had an art teacher who was obsessed with comics, he was a big black dude and he absolutely HATED jubilee, when i say hate, i mean he hated her. The cartoon version,he LOVED the comic version. He would rant and rant about how the cartoon ruined jubilee. lol. That was also the same year i started to go to saturday morning program and he took us to the comic shop, my first trip there and had us pick out books and then the next saturday class he had us look over the page and draw it in our "own style" Mine was the issue with Candra with storm coming down trying to take the gem out of the case. So that was the first thing i intentionally ever drew and from then on i was hooked.
    Cool. I can't really remember when, what, or how I came to know Storm. It's lost to time now lol. I do think it was the cartoon though first and then maybe the first pressings of the Essential Xmen line from the mid 90s.

That cartoon did for jubilee what fox xmen did for storm. It utterly destroyed her image and made her powers seem like a joke.

Also, let us never forget Jubilee of the Jungle and her heroic attempt to stop Savage Land Storm.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

post edited
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-13-2021 at 06:22 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    It's always an interesting to read where Storm fans want her powers level to be.
    Interesting and entertaining.
    It's ironic how Claremont and Cockrum had these grandiose ideas and intentions for Storm from early on yet...she was clearly not all-powerful, was easily taken out by some foes like Magneto and Sebastian Shaw, and her most character-defining stories and moments occurred when she was powerless.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post

Also, let us never forget Jubilee of the Jungle and her heroic attempt to stop Savage Land Storm.
    I legit laughed soo hard that I lost all motor skills... Like sis couldn't just comprehend that nobody on that island could stop storm not even a little bit.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Also, I want a different look with each tier of power unlocked. Rune King Thor looked op.
    how many looks? like tiers for her godhead?? hmmmmm I never even thought about it in tiers. how would categorize this like super saipan 1, 2, 3?

The fox movies coupled with nearly two decades of terrible writing and a lack of creativity and desire to explore Storm's true potential any deeper by the xoffice is what has lead to this. Even some diehard storm fans feel this way and I don't blame them. Most people's formative experience with storm was the Halle berry version I too was introduced to storm that way... But after sitting down and reading a lot of comics I clearly see that there is no true ceiling for storm in terms of growth and potential as it pertains to cannon. All I want is for her to fulfill said potential or at least try hence why I was adamant about her going to space. Hopefully Ewing doesn't disappoint

ugh.... I was under the impression most were exposed to her through 90s storm but of that is the case its very sad. I had high hopes with the first xmen film but it was so bad in their treatment of storm. I dont blame Halle because she can only act was is given to her but 90s storm and Foxmen storm were cut from a very different cloth.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Interesting and entertaining.
    It's ironic how Claremont and Cockrum had these grandiose ideas and intentions for Storm from early on yet...she was clearly not all-powerful, was easily taken out by some foes like Magneto and Sebastian Shaw, and her most character-defining stories and moments occurred when she was powerless.
    But is it wrong to ask for growth. Claremont grew her with those stories. I dont think anyone is asking for storm to be all powerful but there is no excuse now why other characters get to grow and she does not. Look at all magneto has happening, look at xavier, look at emma why should storm fans be okay with an apperance here and there and nothing of real substance being added to the character in decades. Why are we expected to accept less than when all the potential is there. This isnt about beating anyone at least not for me, but its about more than handouts and crumbs. Why is it okay for people to have expectations but not for storm fans. That is my problem. Why can thor be more or wiccan be a super poweful reality warper and demuirge but people make it seem like we arent suppose to think big. There are alot of white characters occupying big spaces and no one is telling them to tame their expectations. What is the difference? A lot of your posts seem to want to temper our expectations.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-13-2021 at 06:57 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

But is it wrong to ask for growth. Claremont grew her with those stories. I dont think anyone is asking for storm to be all powerful but there is no excuse now why other characters get to grow and she does not. Look at all magneto has happening, look at xavier, look at emma why should storm fans be okay with an apperance here and there and nothing of real substance being added to the character in decades. Why are we expected to accept less than when all the potential is there. This isnt about beating anyone at least not for me, but its about more than handouts and crumbs. Why is it okay for people to have expectations but not for storm fans. That is my problem. Why can thor be more or wiccan be a super poweful reality warper and demuirge but people make it seem like we arent suppose to think big. There are alot of white characters occupying big spaces and no one is telling them to tame their expectations. What is the difference?
    agree with most of your points here

can i just add all-powerful doesn't mean not beatable. I wish people would understand the difference here. omega mutants arguably are all powerful and yet can be beaten. even thanos can and has been beaten. so has hulk, Thor and many other power houses by means that was vastly lesser in degree to the powers they control.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Growth is expected. And greatly appreciated. And we've definitely seen exponential growth with Storm over the decades. I was just pointing out that what Claremont and Cockrum envisioned and intended seemed at odds with what they actually wrote...at the time.

Personally, I love that she basically grew into her powers through application and skill as that character development is far more plausible than her waking up one morning with the power to defeat Eternity...just saying.

My posts are just that, my opinions which, while in utter disagreement to 90% of the posts in this thread, clearly don't "temper" anything or anyone. You all are quite free to believe what you wish regardless. I just offer a different perspective/pov. That's all.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-13-2021 at 07:13 PM.

BANNED

But is it wrong to ask for growth. Claremont grew her with those stories. I dont think anyone is asking for storm to be all powerful but there is no excuse now why other characters get to grow and she does not. Look at all magneto has happening, look at xavier, look at emma why should storm fans be okay with an apperance here and there and nothing of real substance being added to the character in decades. Why are we expected to accept less than when all the potential is there. This isnt about beating anyone at least not for me, but its about more than handouts and crumbs. Why is it okay for people to have expectations but not for storm fans. That is my problem. Why can thor be more or wiccan be a super poweful reality warper and demuirge but people make it seem like we arent suppose to think big. There are alot of white characters occupying big spaces and no one is telling them to tame their expectations. What is the difference? A lot of your posts seem to want to temper our expectations.
    I found a documetarty that talks about the sun and I must say during her reign ororo must give us solar feats or I will officially give up on the xoffice even Ewing included.

It states that solar winds are composed of electrons and photons.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 09-13-2021 at 07:16 PM.

It's not the post, it's just how they read. It seems everytime someone says what they expect from Storm it's like. "nope wait a minute... why should she be." i get it's your opinion and normally i am in agreement but sometimes it does come off like sort of setting a bar against storm or a line in the sand against her potential growth. And i don't see that level of bring down on other characters but jmo. Again i don't think anyone is asking for all powerful but marvel has all the rights now so there is a space for her to occupy too and it's time she gets her place. I don't think anyone here has said storm should be the end all be all of power.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-13-2021 at 07:19 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    how many looks? like tiers for her godhead?? hmmmmm I never even thought about it in tiers. how would categorize this like super saipan 1, 2, 3?

ugh.... I was under the impression most were exposed to her through 90s storm but of that is the case its very sad. I had high hopes with the first xmen film but it was so bad in their treatment of storm. I dont blame Halle because she can only act was is given to her but 90s storm and Foxmen storm were cut from a very different cloth.
    I wish it were from the 90s cartoon at least that storm was the heaviest hitter though they were still not as creative they still acknowledged she was the strongest xman being stated to be the only member with boundless untold power enough to sustain zordon forever.
    But fox xmen storm is beneath mediocrity and that's what many have internalized as storm... It's soo bad that to this day some people still think wolverine is most powerful xman because he can heal.

I found a documetarty that talks about the sun and I must say during her reign ororo must give us solar feats or I will officially give up on the xoffice even Ewing included.

It states that solar winds are composed of electrons and photons.
    I'm taking a step back from the books. Even looking at Xmen legends 10 and i got every issue, there is not one geneticist of color at the table out of all those characters. What are we suppose to call it? None of us want to feel this way. I truly wish they could give us an answer to what they are trying to say. It seems like no seat at the table to me. Just like no seat in starting up Krakoa. So what are they saying? Why don't they think about other people? I really want to know the answer.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-13-2021 at 07:25 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I was directly responding to a question asked...giving my opinion...however that response is perceived has nothing to do with me and everything to do with those who feel somehow pressed to jump to Storm's defense every-time they think someone is "talking down" the Goddess. Which again...I did not do.

I may question the applied logic based on what may or may not be written but nothing I've said disparages or sets any low bar for Storm. If that's what you and others read...well...so be it, can't help you there.

That is more than cool with me. But i am going to call it out in a thread that is to appreciate storm, not temper fans. I'm not policing anybody posts but i will give my opinion if that makes a person feel some sort of way then that is on them as well. So i'm glad we have an understanding and can move on and i'm very happy we always keep it respectful.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.