Page 577 of 772 FirstFirst ... 77477527567573574575576577578579580581587627677 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,655 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    agree with most of your points here

can i just add all-powerful doesn't mean not beatable. I wish people would understand the difference here. omega mutants arguably are all powerful and yet can be beaten. even thanos can and has been beaten. so has hulk, Thor and many other power houses by means that was vastly lesser in degree to the powers they control.
    Sometimes it be feeling like some people on that marvel payroll. lol. Keep em hungry. lol

And your exactly right. There is what storm fans say and then what people translate storm fans as saying.

"storm isn't getting growth" =" Storm must be ALL powerful ALL the time." lol like what?
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-13-2021 at 07:49 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously. As for you, so too for me.
    I'm never going to apologise for having a different pov...nor will I refrain from posting it when I feel so inclined. We are all free to ignore that which displeases us or don't fully comprehend.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I found a documetarty that talks about the sun and I must say during her reign ororo must give us solar feats or I will officially give up on the xoffice even Ewing included.

It states that solar winds are composed of electrons and photons.
    45 minutes?! *faints* i don't have the attention span to make it through but it looked powerful and pretty fast forwarding through. ^_^
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm taking a step back from the books. Even looking at Xmen legends 10 and i got every issue, there is not one geneticist of color at the table out of all those characters. What are we suppose to call it? None of us want to feel this way. I truly wish they could give us an answer to what they are trying to say. It seems like no seat at the table to me. Just like no seat in starting up Krakoa. So what are they saying? Why don't they think about other people? I really want to know the answer.
    I am of the belief that this is the best we have gotten from storm in years but the thing is that it is soo few and far between... I do admit that when it comes to mutants of colour there is still a lot to be desired but i also know that it is a who is behind writing thing and sadly not many if any writers of colour are in the office.
    I am not one to call out things like representation or racism and stuff I usually ignore them but the comic book industry as a whole as the great McDuffie said is a white man's power fantasy, hence why Thor, spiderman,wolverine, ironman among a myriad of white guys can get power ups and be celebrated but a black woman immediately she stuns silver surfer the writer gets death threats... I mean some of her own fans do that to her capabilities and they are also people of colour!

Glory be that there are fan fics and other comic franchises that spearhead writers of colour's voices... I read a lot of milestone and variant a bit of image and I got to say they are just as good if not better than the basic DC and marvel schlop.

BANNED

45 minutes?! *faints* i don't have the attention span to make it through but it looked powerful and pretty fast forwarding through. ^_^
    Lolol I know it's very long but it's very interesting how it explains the sun in detail and breaks down it's components you realize that Ororo technically should be able to control it in all it's totality from the core all the way to the edge of the heliosphere. The entire solar system is in the outer parts of the sun's atmosphere.

I am of the belief that this is the best we have gotten from storm in years but the thing is that it is soo few and far between... I do admit that when it comes to mutants of colour there is still a lot to be desired but i also know that it is a who is behind writing thing and sadly not many if any writers of colour are in the office.
    I am not one to call out things like representation or racism and stuff I usually ignore them but the comic book industry as a whole as the great McDuffie said is a white man's power fantasy, hence why Thor, spiderman,wolverine, ironman among a myriad of white guys can get power ups and be celebrated but a black woman immediately she stuns silver surfer the writer gets death threats... I mean some of her own fans do that to her capabilities and they are also people of colour!

Glory be that there are fan fics and other comic franchises that spearhead writers of colour's voices... I read a lot of milestone and variant a bit of image and I got to say they are just as good if not better than the basic DC and marvel schlop.
    I agree this is the best we got from storm in awhile but this is bigger than storm for me. Marvel is in NYC, i have been there many times it makes no sense to me that all the artist, all the writers only think white. Like do these people really have no black friends, no latin friends, how do a group of people get into a room and not even think about the other. That is what i don't get. When i create something i think about including everyone, the sketch stages, the writing stages, when they are putting together things, there are a lot of steps before final product. They don't watch shows with black people, see asians walking down the street, have a spanish neighbor. I just don't understand what all white world these people are living in that it doesn't even cross their minds. The BLM protests, the kneeling at the anthem, there is no moment through the whole process where people go this isn't reflecting the world outside your window. Dc is actually really trying but i don't get how marvel in 2021 keeps going backwards. I sound like a broken record but i have a business degree in what world does it make sense to ignore such a large audience and expect them to just support whatever you throw their way. It's just not logical how someone can do a 24 page book based in NY and there isn't one person of any color unless it's intentional. It's just not logical, can people really be that oblivious? And the artist are just as much to blame. Forget being woke or anything like that, it's just bad business.

And it even defies gender because female writers and artist aren't doing much better. Heck look how Carol basically cheated on Rhodey with Strange and he was there to just pick up the pieces without saying boo. I'm still picking up my jaw from that one.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-13-2021 at 08:05 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I agree this is the best we got from storm in awhile but this is bigger than storm for me. Marvel is in NYC, i have been there many times it makes no sense to me that all the artist, all the writers only think white. Like do these people really have no black friends, no latin friends, how do a group of people get into a room and not even think about the other. That is what i don't get. When i create something i think about including everyone, the sketch stages, the writing stages, when they are putting together things, there are a lot of steps before final product. They don't watch shows with black people, see asians walking down the street, have a spanish neighbor. I just don't understand what all white world these people are living in that it doesn't even cross their minds. The BLM protests, the kneeling at the anthem, there is no moment through the whole process where people go this isn't reflecting the world outside your window. Dc is actually really trying but i don't get how marvel in 2021 keeps going backwards. I sound like a broken record but i have a business degree in what world does it make sense to ignore such a large audience and expect them to just support whatever you throw their way. It's just not logical how someone can do a 24 page book based in NY and there isn't one person of any color unless it's intentional. It's just not logical, can people really be that oblivious? And the artist are just as much to blame. Forget being woke or anything like that, it's just bad business.

And it even defies gender because female writers and artist aren't doing much better. Heck look how Carol basically cheated on Rhodey with Strange and he was there to just pick up the pieces without saying boo. I'm still picking up my jaw from that one.

I always saw that marvel had a unique opportunity with storm to make her the leading lady of marvel. I mean yes all women heroes are important unfortunately some just stand out more than others and storm was the most prevalent from her appearance to her power to her demeanor.... Storm was literally leading lady material to the T, then due to business the decided to start pushing carol and crush not only storm but the entire xline save for logan. People say that it was due to fox owning them but I don't believe that's the case as the ff4 didn't suffer as much as the xmen did. There was an agenda to replace the mutants with the inhumans that's why we got the very stupid scene where Medusa was talking to storm as of she were talking to a subject and rightfully for Marvel's stupidity the inhumans crashed and burnt with no near sight of recovery.
    It's very telling how marvel glossed over a free spirited goddess to place a space cop as their leading lady... But hey money right.

BANNED

It's not the post, it's just how they read. It seems everytime someone says what they expect from Storm it's like. "nope wait a minute... why should she be." i get it's your opinion and normally i am in agreement but sometimes it does come off like sort of setting a bar against storm or a line in the sand against her potential growth. And i don't see that level of bring down on other characters but jmo. Again i don't think anyone is asking for all powerful but marvel has all the rights now so there is a space for her to occupy too and it's time she gets her place. I don't think anyone here has said storm should be the end all be all of power.
    Forever kicking teeth and aiming ineffective lightning bolts..... *\0/**\0/**\0/*

BANNED

Sometimes it be feeling like some people on that marvel payroll. lol. Keep em hungry. lol

And your exactly right. There is what storm fans say and then what people translate storm fans as saying.

"storm isn't getting growth" =" Storm must be ALL powerful ALL the time." lol like what?
    Like I said she should forever be kicking teeth and well.... You know the rest preferably in some smelling alley in new York city, yh that's peak storm to some.

BANNED

I always saw that marvel had a unique opportunity with storm to make her the leading lady of marvel. I mean yes all women heroes are important unfortunately some just stand out more than others and storm was the most prevalent from her appearance to her power to her demeanor.... Storm was literally leading lady material to the T, then due to business the decided to start pushing carol and crush not only storm but the entire xline save for logan. People say that it was due to fox owning them but I don't believe that's the case as the ff4 didn't suffer as much as the xmen did. There was an agenda to replace the mutants with the inhumans that's why we got the very stupid scene where Medusa was talking to storm as of she were talking to a subject and rightfully for Marvel's stupidity the inhumans crashed and burnt with no near sight of recovery.
    It's very telling how marvel glossed over a free spirited goddess to place a space cop as their leading lady... But hey money right.
    They were replacing the mutants with Inhumans because Marvel had full rights. But two years ago, Disney bought Fox and they regained both mutant and FF rights and Marvel is moving forward.

As for the rest a big company like Marvel can have more than one powerful woman. There is reason to be insecure about this. WandaVision is winning Emmys, and this is separate from Captain Marvel’s movie obviously.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    They were replacing the mutants with Inhumans because Marvel had full rights. But two years ago, Disney bought Fox and they regained both mutant and FF rights and Marvel is moving forward.

As for the rest a big company like Marvel can have more than one powerful woman. There is reason to be insecure about this. WandaVision is winning Emmys, and this is separate from Captain Marvel’s movie obviously.
    Yh as I said we can have multiple women being top dog... But only one can be leading lady. And in marvel it's carol. Wandavision winning awards has nothing to do with wanda and everything to do with the writing and acting talents. Plus it's Disney campaign is a child's game to their coffers.

There can be only one even in DC we have many powerful women but wonder woman is the one and literally only woman above the rest. And in all of marvel none fit the bill to match Wanda's energy than storm literally marvel and disney agreed on this such that their amalgam universe has them meshed in one, they consider themselves sisters and were matched against each other in the DC vs marvel battle royal to see who is the most popular

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

world experiences are different which can be a good thing but also a bad thing. often times white people (in usa) have been able to navigate the world without thinking really about people of other races, sexualities, religions. in a lot of fields such as in the sciences, some parts of entertainment, etc., I imagine this to be still a reality. This reality explains why the xmen and their stories have been very white-centric, why all the omegas are white on krakoa with the exception of one, and why many times characters that typically arent white typically only fill in a spot as a token. Its why Ororo, bringing it back to Storm, was regarded as being above race and any mention of her blackness was described as being racist. That's why diversity and inclusion is so very important on the creative side of art.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I've never seen him do any of that but its not surprising that Gambit is lowkey a powerhouse. As for Storm being able to do that I think if she can they won't show it just like they hardly ever show her doing stuff with negative temps or Magnetism. Characters already fill those spots so that aspect of Storm's powerset will take a backseat.

But on the flipside they seem to make multiple telepaths work.
    That's the downside we carry in loving Storm, she's very versatile, has a huge kit in her skills and little explored.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    She also already controls kinetic energy she just doesn't make objects explode. But we know she can. What I really want to see is her make things or people implode with pressure manipulations sorta like Sue Storm
    lol That would be interesting, even though I knew I'd have to pass on her morality, but if she were to face superpowerful beings, I wouldn't see much of a problem (almost Wonder Woman style that only kills divine beings, entities, demons...)

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I would imagine Storm would sense the beginnings of a tornado forming inside her then smash the formation and go all out on Weather Wizard for his audacity, lol.
    This takes away my doubt against elemental characters who have internal attacks, like the Iceman who can malnourish or come out of someone.

BANNED

Yh as I said we can have multiple women being top dog... But only one can be leading lady. And in marvel it's carol. Wandavision winning awards has nothing to do with wanda and everything to do with the writing and acting talents. Plus it's Disney campaign is a child's game to their coffers.

There can be only one even in DC we have many powerful women but wonder woman is the one and literally only woman above the rest. And in all of marvel none fit the bill to match Wanda's energy than storm literally marvel and disney agreed on this such that their amalgam universe has them meshed in one, they consider themselves sisters and were matched against each other in the DC vs marvel battle royal to see who is the most popular
    It’s absurd to even think Marvel has to have a leading lady or that it does. Captain Marvel was simply the first character female character at Marvel to get her own movie.

That doesn’t make her a leading lady.

Some people just want their favourite characters to always be the center of everything. Whatever. These characters are owned by Marvel and they will do with them what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It’s absurd to even think Marvel has to have a leading lady or that it does. Captain Marvel was simply the first character female character at Marvel to get her own movie.

That doesn’t make her a leading lady.

Some people just want their favourite characters to always be the center of everything. Whatever. These characters are owned by Marvel and they will do with them what they want.
    I agree that the whole "leading lady" thing seems kinda antiquated and it often doesn't do the character too many favors. Looking at Wonder Woman, sure she consistently has a comic coming out but that didn't stop DC from switching creative teams every 5 seconds. Sure she got put at the forefront of Death Metal, but that story wasn't really about her at the end of the day so she was mainly a prop.

As long as good Storm stories are coming out I'll be happy.