Page 6 of 772 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    No it wouldn't. Omega levels are mutant quantifications so it wouldn't lessen her status.
    gotcha. the only reason that put me at pause was the detail regarding humans/machinery and forge. these are clearly not applicable to mutants but because these aspects could surpass what his abilities would allow this disqualified him from being one.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I loved that Xtreme Xmen had so much swag. There alone you had Bishop, Storm, And Neal, and they got all over the Mu thats what i would have expected from Storm in another franchise rather than them isolating her to this is where black people go if they want to see black people.

I will take the issues of Xtreme Xmen over one incomplete story over 30 issues any day of the week.

Skip me with voo doo rape camps i want my heroes of color doing real hero work. Not isolated on the policies of a nation that should already be good after standing for so long.
    Attachment 104169
    Attachment 104170
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

And what kind of writers get it in their head that the suppose premiere black couple, that the husband is always foiling the wife. Like how many vaults, weapons, alarms, and codes, Tcchalla going to make to keep his wife in check that are immune to her powers. Like he must know she is a cold blooded theif since he got more protections against her in Doom War, in Coates run, in A vs. X than he got for namor and his enemies. It's crazy when you lay it out like that. Like the most advance nation spending more time developing weapons again they supposed goddess than actual enemies. So i don't see the problem she gave wakanda what they were apparently waiting for.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think i've ever seen Scott create something to make Jean less than or Reed to sue.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Spectacular Member

Well i guess it's safe to say, new year same bullshizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    This is beyond one specific run i mean the mentality in general. This isn't limited to one writer. I wonder why in any couple the writers would spend so much time developing ways to limit the spouse of the main character. It's not like only one writer did it. I really don't get the logic behind that. If this were Reed and Sue or Scott and Jean or Peter Parker and MJ we wouldn't be reading about a character with fail safes in place for his wife.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    There are so many other nations/civilizations that fit the bill in the MU as well as Wakanda.

Let's just let them continue to work on the drama building in Krakoa and prepare for Schism II.

Okay, I have a question, multiple choice. Should Storm:

A. Stay on the Quiet Council.
    B. Join the Summers/Grey consortium, i.e. the X-Men.
    C. Revive her X-Treme X-Men team.
    D. Go off on her own and do her own thing.
    Storm should keep her council seat imo. You don't always need to strike out on your own in order to effect change, working to sustain the system from the inside can be just as important as disregarding authority. That said, I'd like her to go the route of Magneto and his relationship with SWORD. Despite being on the council, he's representing Krakoan interests as part of a planetary interstellar organization.

I think Storm should do something similar, but with an emphasis on global security. Put her in charge of a coalition of mutants and other human-related species (Atlanteans, Inhumans, Eternals, mutates) under the oversight of the UN. Unlike the Avengers who are basically rogue agents atm, this team (a spiritual successor to Uncanny Avengers) deals with PR between the various subspecies while exploring their ancient connections. At the same time Storm is developing alliances for Krakoa to prepare for a war with those black hole gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    It's to be expected at this point tbh. Some fans always gotta complain about other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Storm should keep her council seat imo. You don't always need to strike out on your own in order to effect change, working to sustain the system from the inside can be just as important as disregarding authority. That said, I'd like her to go the route of Magneto and his relationship with SWORD. Despite being on the council, he's representing Krakoan interests as part of a planetary interstellar organization.

I think Storm should do something similar, but with an emphasis on global security. Put her in charge of a coalition of mutants and other human-related species (Atlanteans, Inhumans, Eternals, mutates) under the oversight of the UN. Unlike the Avengers who are basically rogue agents atm, this team (a spiritual successor to Uncanny Avengers) deals with PR between the various subspecies while exploring their ancient connections. At the same time Storm is developing alliances for Krakoa to prepare for a war with those black hole gods.
    -

It's to be expected at this point tbh. Some fans always gotta complain about other characters.
    Good ideas. Maybe someone will actually do something like this. Something similar to DC's Global Guardians - each nation sending a representative superhero.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    "Storm's" eyes were brown...making that anime invalidated trash.
    In anime "blue eyes" are normally reserved for those lacking the genetic markers to have them.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I could easily see Xavier and Magneto asking her to take o--[A]--o's vacated seat on the QC. (though my first choice will always be Selene)
    With Jean gone as well Kurt can select his own seat mates more in line with his purpose and Spiritual intent.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-04-2021 at 01:37 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    In anime "blue eyes" are normally reserved for those lacking the genetic markers to have them.
    That's interesting.
    Still...it may have been titled X-Men,but that wasn't Storm. Having blue eyes is one of her "genetic markers". That anime needed to come correct or not at all.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

As much as I loved AOA, I never really liked that version of Storm.

Truthfully, I thought she could have been a little bit more volatile...more aggressive.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That's interesting.
    Still...it may have been titled X-Men,but that wasn't Storm. Having blue eyes is one of her "genetic markers". That anime needed to come correct or not at all.
    Tell that to the Foxmen films the anime drew some inspiration from. I liked the Blade anime the most. The X-Men one was horrible. Such a waste of a talented art/animation team. The story and characterization was disastrous.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    As much as I loved AOA, I never really liked that version of Storm.

Truthfully, I thought she could have been a little bit more volatile...more aggressive.
    I always found AoA to be drastically overrated with the exception of Generation NeXt(perhaps a career high for both Lobdell and Bachelo). Storm's role was particularly weak.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Tell that to the Foxmen films the anime drew some inspiration from. I liked the Blade anime the most. The X-Men one was horrible. Such a waste of a talented art/animation team. The story and characterization was disastrous.
    the art was the only good thing about that series

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And what kind of writers get it in their head that the suppose premiere black couple, that the husband is always foiling the wife. Like how many vaults, weapons, alarms, and codes, Tcchalla going to make to keep his wife in check that are immune to her powers. Like he must know she is a cold blooded theif since he got more protections against her in Doom War, in Coates run, in A vs. X than he got for namor and his enemies. It's crazy when you lay it out like that. Like the most advance nation spending more time developing weapons again they supposed goddess than actual enemies. So i don't see the problem she gave wakanda what they were apparently waiting for.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think i've ever seen Scott create something to make Jean less than or Reed to sue.
    Tchalla actually had some foresight to make such a chamber considering she broke into their most sacred chamber and stole a sacred weapon of their ancestor. also Scott cheated on jean, and sue is in a perpetual side chick position with Namor, while Reed, at times, shows little regard for sue. they are certainly not model couple. tchalla has never put another woman before ororo. in fact its been quite the opposite.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-04-2021 at 05:22 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!