Page 60 of 772 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160560 ... LastLast

Fitting he would end his run in the month the white man told us was for us.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Wakanda is fictional.
    Orisha is a real religion, practiced by many throughout the world especially here in the Caribbean.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Unfortunately his run doesn't end until April with the last issue.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Unfortunately his run doesn't end until April with the last issue.
    Even MORE fitting his run would end in the month of fools. ^________^ I know i got played in the beginning.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Orisha in it and of itself is not a religion. you have to put the adjective "Yoruba" before orisha or it just means deity or god. ironically Coates explanation of how the gods ascended in wakanda most closely align to the following:

An orisha may be said to be a deity. Yet defining an orisha as a deity does not do justice to the concept, in large part because the term deity often suggests a sort of anthropomorphic supernatural entity. An orisha may be said to arise when a divine power to command and make things happen converges with a natural force, a deified ancestor, and an object that witnesses and supports that convergence and alignment. An orisha, therefore, is a complex multidimensional unity linking people, objects, and powers.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/orisha

Orisha

Main article: Orisha

An Orisha (otherwise spelled Òrìṣà) is an entity that possesses the capability of reflecting some of the manifestations of Olodumare. Yoruba Orishas (commonly translated "unique/special/selected heads") are often described as intermediaries between humankind and the supernatural. The term is also translated as "Deities", "Divinities" or "Gods".[10]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_religion

He perceives many orisha or deities as "energy" forces or intermediaries to Olodumare, who deal with human beings in their everyday affairs or frustrates the fulfillment of destinies on earth (See Neimark, p.14 and Ray. p. 26).

http://organizations.uncfsu.edu/ncrs...ade_yoruba.htm
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-03-2021 at 08:12 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

nope there are like two or more issues that drop
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you have to put the adjective "Yoruba" before orisha or it just means god or deity, which according to this source isn't even accurate. its the yoruba word for "god" or "deity" and not the religion itself. ironically Coates explanation of how the gods ascended in wakanda most closely align to the following:

An orisha may be said to be a deity. Yet defining an orisha as a deity does not do justice to the concept, in large part because the term deity often suggests a sort of anthropomorphic supernatural entity. An orisha may be said to arise when a divine power to command and make things happen converges with a natural force, a deified ancestor, and an object that witnesses and supports that convergence and alignment. An orisha, therefore, is a complex multidimensional unity linking people, objects, and powers.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/orisha
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orisha
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Even MORE fitting his run would end in the month of fools. ^________^ I know i got played in the beginning.
    LOL. We all did. Just some of us don't mind being taken for fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL. We all did. Just some of us don't mind being taken for fools.
    I actually enjoy being a fool sometimes. It's nice to know you can be, i don't know, surprised? humbled? Coates run is far from one of those times. LOL
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Damn.

Last edited by Saturius; 02-04-2021 at 04:51 AM.

why do you think marvel continues to use outdated states not reflective of her actual feats in the comics?
    Yeah, their maintenance team should get to upgrading those articles on Storm and the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I'm guessing y'all already seen this since no one is talking about it or im just late af lol

I've seen it, not quite thrilled about it. I just... really, really hope they will not use the mohawk...

so I will not make any negative statements on this until it transpires. I dont think it would make any sense to have her premier in a thor film especially if it is to tie her to asgard with stormcaster because out the gate we are not getting her storyline as to why she is a goddess. it would have made more sense to have her premiere in BP2 as the weather, sky goddess since Kenya borders Wakanda but again will wait and see.
    Absolutely agree with everything here.

Exactly. I was thinking of a small scene where maybe new gods are discovered or something like a god cerebro that gives thor a mission and we see Storm in kenya or something playing with the weather.
    That is actually quite a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    This is the coming of Storm. She's the 1st major Black female superhero who's about to get more shine. She's spreading her wings and I can't wait. She's gonna be in so many other Marvel movies due to her affiliation with Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Black Panther, and more. I love it!
    True that. Once she is introduced, she will weave her way through every single team, just watch it!

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Not sure what to make of this. Roger Wardell seems to have a decent track record on his Twitter. However I'm not sure another director casting Storm a number of years before the first X-Men movie gets off the ground is credible.

There's however this other rumour about an MCU Storm solo project being in development - could they go the Avengers route and build the characters up via solo movies/shows before bringing them together? It worked well for them in the past and would give much needed breathing room to characters like Storm and Cyclops who were shamefully neglected in Fox's movies. I know I definitely wouldn't mind an Ororo solo fleshing out her history.
    Oh, I hope so much that this is true. And I do hope on Series, not just a movie. I would like them to cover all of Storm's story, from the very beginning (her ancestors, perhaps a short clip of the old gods, and how they worship someone who looks like Ororo, an ancestor of hers) and then moving on to her birth, followed by her parents and how they treated her, and continuing with the big event where she loses her parents, meets the professor for the first time and then her journey where she meets young T'Challa, followed by how she makes her way to Kenya to become their Goddess, a few episodes where they show the way she is worshipped and the way she has to handle someone like Shadowking, and finally showing her how she accepts Xavier's offer and joins the X-Men. Now this will be an amazing Season of at least 12 episodes in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    An Asgardian Storm?!? No thank you, I don’t need anymore Thor comparisons.
    Absolutely agree! I just can't stand the comparison between Thor and Storm, people are so wrong about them. There is a huge difference between what Storm can do and what Thor can do, and eventually Storm will grow much stronger than Thor. One of the reasons why Thor's authors freaked out when Storm was announced as a Goddess and boosted Thor's capabilities out of nowhere, believing that they've overshadowed Storm again, but in reality, they have nowhere to go from there, once Storm reaches that point and grows even more exponentially to the Universe and Cosmic level. Thor will be no match to her.

shuri was a retconned sibling that Hudlin introduced. it is unlikely that Ororo would have never met her prior to their marriage.

I also said Storm is a goddess of Wakanda, not the goddess. there are several gods/goddesses (the Orishas) of Wakanda and storm just so happens to be one of them.

I dont see it as black people being isolated fo one corner of the mcu. in respect to her origin story it makes more sense to appear in a BP movie versus a thor one. she grew up in Cairo Egypt, met tchalla when they both were kids, and was worshipped as a goddess in kenya which neighbors wakanda. had her origins consisted of her running around asgarf I would have no issue there but introducing her in the thor movie especially as a part of thor corps wouldn't help her evolve as hr own character in the mcu franchise.
    I wouldn't put Storm as one of their pantheon of gods. Yes, she is the Hadari Yao, but she was introduced later, the Hadari Yao didn't exist in Orishas' Pantheon.

I know this was just shared but I have to repost! I need a marvel game thst looks like this where its open world and she has all types of powers (not just wind and lightning) as i think a lot or some of the moves here were based on thor

It is indeed quite interesting mod, but just Thunder, Wind and Lightning... nope... I need more.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    When I said she can’t become a queen without T’Challa I meant queen of Wakanda. And again, if Marvel would have her appear in BP flick, it’s obvious to have a romance with T’Challa which is a major thing that both comic readers and casuals know about. But unfortunately due to Chadwick’s passing Marvel may be retiring the character for good. So even though Kenya borders Wakanda, what sense does it make for Storm to be in the Black Panther franchise if T’Challa is not there? The only way I can see her being in the movie is a flashback scene to where she and T’Challa were kids (assuming Marvel will kill him off now that Chadwick is gone). And it’s like jwatson said, not every black character in Marvel has to be tied to Wakanda.
    I think that there is a bit too much tie with Wakanda. I do get that she got a lot of good stories there, but we tend to forget that Storm is Kenyan first, then Wakandian. Therefore, I think it is time for Ororo to grow roots and blossom outside of Wakanda, X-Men or America.

What I really want is a comic book or an anime, showcasing the old world, the old gods and the old people, from Ororo's bloodline eyes. I think that will clear up a lot of things.

Does Storm hold Wakandan citizenship or was that revoked when her marriage ended?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Does Storm hold Wakandan citizenship or was that revoked when her marriage ended?
    I believe she still has her Wakandan citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That's a really good question.
    I highly doubt it.
    But if she does , I wonder which of the 13 tribe she subscribe to? Most likely the golden city panther cult.
    And is she a subject to the crown? Can Tchalla or Shuri suddenly pull rank on her?
    This is why I think no. Just a super honored galactic warrior goddesses princess of kenya, whom they recognize as also as their Windrider. Personally it seem that almost all of the Continent of Africa seem to hold a claim for the Windrider.