Page 600 of 772 FirstFirst ... 100500550590596597598599600601602603604610650700 ... LastLast
Results 8,986 to 9,000 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Hmmm I don't know weather to be saddened by this knowing full well that the limits of this ability would never be explored by her ... Or joy that she can actually do it.
    Both?

I mean think of all the potential things Storm can do and how far her power really branches out and them remember what she's actually done.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Hmmm I don't know weather to be saddened by this knowing full well that the limits of this ability would never be explored by her ... Or joy that she can actually do it.
    yes the potential behind what she can do is to really Astonishing. blood bending. shutting off peoples brains hearts, controlling them motor functions. its truly scary when you think about it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Guys I need to ask you a question..... Does storm have direct control over electrons or she can only use them as building blocks to produce lightning.
    Yes.
    10char
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

The million dollar question. How do we level set on what we think is good and reasonable power development that doesn’t make her too OP, but makes it explicitly clear she is an omega weather manipulator of the first order? Is it measured by her mastery being demonstrated through creative application? Is it battle testing her against a well known and credible threat worthy of someone of her calibur? It is a display of raw power that gives the 616 pause and trepidation at what the Regent of Sol is capable of and what it could mean for the course of the 616/long term status quo of mutantdom?

My desire is for all of these things to transpire and conspire to help chart a path for Ororo that leaves her elevated as an influencer (both effective and flawed) that helps build a mythos all her own in the MU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    The million dollar question. How do we level set on what we think is good and reasonable power development that doesn’t make her too OP, but makes it explicitly clear she is an omega weather manipulator of the first order? Is it measured by her mastery being demonstrated through creative application? Is it battle testing her against a well known and credible threat worthy of someone of her calibur? It is a display of raw power that gives the 616 pause and trepidation at what the Regent of Sol is capable of and what it could mean for the course of the 616/long term status quo of mutantdom?

My desire is for all of these things to transpire and conspire to help chart a path for Ororo that leaves her elevated as an influencer (both effective and flawed) that helps build a mythos all her own in the MU.
    Honestly the truth is power raw unbridled power capable of well unfathomable creation or destruction. An omega level mutant must demonstrate at least once a year just why the hell they are omega level if not then they must have their own house of M moment to last them for decades... Because as a ruler you must demonstrate power yes cunning and smarts is important but ultimately for the arakii to follow you as their supreme leader you must demonstrate that you are supremely just as powerful let alone the entire system with the eternals, the avengers the inhumans...etc.

But frankly I wouldn't think too much about it. What will be will be.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

There's no reason why all three can't be applied in-stories.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

good morning...

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Good morning to you!

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I like this artist ^

Since Ewing’s Guardians has now ended, I’m hoping he’s the artist on the rumored X-treme X-men featuring Cable and Storm which will replace SWORD. Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Good morning to you!

hey boo where is that from????

Guardians of the Galaxy #18. Final issue of Ewing’s run and of The Last Annihilation event.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy #18. Final issue of Ewing’s run and of The Last Annihilation event.
    oh no... thats awful its ending. I hope that doesn't mean sword is too

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think most of the X-books are going to end and be relaunched. That’s the rumor anyway, and the December solicits point to it…

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/is-m...-subtle-clues/

The only exceptions might be Duggan’s X-men and Percy’s Wolverine, and possibly X-Force (though that one could maybe use an overhaul too). But as of right now it appears that Marauders, SWORD and Excalibur will likely end and be relaunched; and Hellions is already confirmed to be ending along with Way of X… though the issue of Onslaught Revelation that came out today by Spurrier and Bob Quinn sets up a new team which will probably debut in a new book after January with the whole line wide reboot.

The rumor is that SWORD will be relaunched as “something X-men (but not Uncanny) written by Ewing and featuring Cable and Storm.” Oh, and Tom Mueller (who designs all the logos for the current X-line) tweeted out part of a new logo with an X in it with the caption “XTREME CLOSEUP” which has people speculating that the title of this book might be X-treme X-men. That’s about all that is known at this point. This relaunch will likely happen in February or possibly even March (though I hope it’s not that long) as they’ve said in January that most X-books would be on hiatus during X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine weekly series which ushers in the new post-Inferno landscape for the X-books.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Ewing's never been able to move books for some reason. Doesn't help he has the unfortunate luck of constantly have to deal with tie-ins and the X-line is shifting to accommodate the loss of Hickman. I'd put him on the same level as Hickman in pretty much every category but for all his acclaim he hasn't gotten to that point where you put him on a book and you'll know it'll sell decently to great. Sucks to see but I appreciate Marvel giving him so many chances lol.

I highly doubt SWORD hits issue 20 with how sales are looking now. Best hope is Ewing repurposes the SWORD stories he has planned for the rumored satellite title that'll have X-Men in its name. A Storm/Cable-led Extraordinary X-Men team with a cosmic focus will probably sell a lot better than a book more about a cosmic organization where your lead is C-list Abigail Brand.
    Last edited by chief12d; 09-22-2021 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think most of the X-books are going to end and be relaunched. That’s the rumor anyway, and the December solicits point to it…

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/is-m...-subtle-clues/

The only exceptions might be Duggan’s X-men and Percy’s Wolverine, and possibly X-Force (though that one could maybe use an overhaul too). But as of right now it appears that Marauders, SWORD and Excalibur will likely end and be relaunched; and Hellions is already confirmed to be ending along with Way of X… though the issue of Onslaught Revelation that came out today by Spurrier and Bob Quinn sets up a new team which will probably debut in a new book after January with the whole line wide reboot.

The rumor is that SWORD will be relaunched as “something X-men (but not Uncanny) written by Ewing and featuring Cable and Storm.” Oh, and Tom Mueller (who designs all the logos for the current X-line) tweeted out part of a new logo with an X in it with the caption “XTREME CLOSEUP” which has people speculating that the title of this book might be X-treme X-men. That’s about all that is known at this point. This relaunch will likely happen in February or possibly even March (though I hope it’s not that long) as they’ve said in January that most X-books would be on hiatus during X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine weekly series which ushers in the new post-Inferno landscape for the X-books.
    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Ewing's never been able to move books for some reason. Doesn't help he has the unfortunate luck of constantly have to deal with tie-ins and the X-line is shifting to accommodate the loss of Hickman. I'd put him on the same level as Hickman in pretty much every category but for all his acclaim he hasn't gotten to that point where you put him on a book and you'll know it'll sell decently to great. Sucks to see but I appreciate Marvel giving him so many chances lol.

I highly doubt SWORD hits issue 20 with how sales are looking now. Best hope is Ewing repurposes the SWORD stories he has planned for the rumored satellite title that'll have X-Men in its name. A Storm/Cable-led Extraordinary X-Men team with a cosmic focus will probably sell a lot better than a book more about a cosmic organization where your lead is C-list Abigail Brand.
    I hope you both are right. Ewing is such a good writer its a shame his books don't do better. Thank you both you for the information.