Page 606 of 772 FirstFirst ... 106506556596602603604605606607608609610616656706 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,090 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think there will be more to come dont shake too hard. lol
    I'll give it a try boo, I was really disheartened because nothing was coming out of the Storm anymore, until I started to question if Al Ewing would really write it as Almighty, and would use creativity in the versatility of his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed. This is...just stunning to me. But I am deeply intrigued by her last thoughts. She will not be broken by Arrako. Not yet...? What doe that mean? And why would allowing herself to be broken by a war forged warrior society be a consideration? Or does that version of being "broken" for her mean she allows herself to be hardened into adopting a completely different moral stance on how she will engage them/the MU as a leader?
    From the synopsis that had come out of issue #3, it said this:

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN! By the time you’re reading this, you know. You know who sits in the central seat of Arakko. You know who speaks for Sol. Storm rules. But when you have to prove to your people who you are, every single day without fail… What becomes of who you were?

So I think Arakko is probably going to force her against the wall, to do things she doesn't normally do or act, and from the cover illustration, I think she's going to face some mutants Arakkis in the ring.
    I'm also very curious and anxious, with this preview, for me it feels like it's at the end of the issue, with Ororo going to the edge of space, to think about what happened.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I'll give it a try boo, I was really disheartened because nothing was coming out of the Storm anymore, until I started to question if Al Ewing would really write it as Almighty, and would use creativity in the versatility of his powers.

From the synopsis that had come out of issue #3, it said this:

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN! By the time you’re reading this, you know. You know who sits in the central seat of Arakko. You know who speaks for Sol. Storm rules. But when you have to prove to your people who you are, every single day without fail… What becomes of who you were?

So I think Arakko is probably going to force her against the wall, to do things she doesn't normally do or act, and from the cover illustration, I think she's going to face some mutants Arakkis in the ring.
    I'm also very curious and anxious, with this preview, for me it feels like it's at the end of the issue, with Ororo going to the edge of space, to think about what happened.
    yea we don't get as much storm as I would like but I'm happy she at least she is being depicted with political strength as well as strength with her powers. im very interested in seeing what Al will do with her in issue 8. I'm hoping it is good.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

ok I didn't know the reference but now the bad memories are coming back.

I didn't know who batroc was until you mentioned it but did he drop kick her or something? also, you see this isn't necessarily happening in xmen with those characters. would have been nice to see Duggan give her some big moments but whatever I'm glad we have Ewing lol.
    Ororo has a few pleasant moments ​​in the Marauders, but and those are little moments that make me hate, plus a lot of haters picking up these scans to try to make it smaller.

Batroc giving work to three mutants, two of them being omegas. He sort of landed a kick on Ororo who was flying in the air, and she should have had a much quicker reaction. Very rough, It's even funny.

Ororo has a few pleasant moments ​​in the Marauders, but and those are little moments that make me hate, plus a lot of haters picking up these scans to try to make it smaller.

Batroc giving work to three mutants, two of them being omegas. He sort of landed a kick on Ororo who was flying in the air, and she should have had a much quicker reaction. Very rough, It's even funny.

I always find it interesting when they like to show her getting taken out by street levelers.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

as an omega mutant I dont mind this though when in goddess mode I wouldn't mind seeing her being able to breathe unaided.
    Pretty sure they are headed with her being able to breathe unaided and durable.

I mean you gotta be tough to tule a planet populated by Arrako mutants.

Fantastic Member

Idk why but it remind that Fox-men fight between Storm, Cyclops and Jean vs Toad lol. I never gonna understand why an omega should have trouble with street tier treat, thankfullly she leaves marauders.

Extraordinary Member

Batroc in just h2h would put a fight against Ororo, but he would eventually loose IMO.Although he has put good fights against Caps and even won against them so maybe he takes h2h.Although vibranium knife would put him on the defense.
    Again Storm could just finish this w/ her powers in a second, but like other heroes who are above street tier whether just low mid's like Spider-man to omega's like Storm they almost never use their full or even close to full power on them.

I get storm being taken out w/ a suprise attack since she is a glass canon, but an upfront assault is just nonsense.Even worse when you have characters w/ enhanced highly durability but both are unacceptable.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 09-24-2021 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Pretty sure they are headed with her being able to breathe unaided and durable.

I mean you gotta be tough to tule a planet populated by Arrako mutants.
    I certainly hope so. its within her powerset so im ready to see how ewing interprets her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    The thing is though if there is no gravity holding down the gases then it quickly escapes.

The moon has a very weak atmosphere because of the lack of gravity or barely any gravity. Every time an atmosphere is formed on the moon the gases don't stay compressed for a long time and flow into space because there is no gravity holding it down. While obviously, it's fiction and the writers weren't thinking about Crystal feat. But realistically Crystal would have to have gravity manipulation in order for her to keep oxygen from escaping space since it was literally nothing but a bubble of air.

Storm has proven to manipulate Mars's entire atmosphere to stronger levels and also tampering with gravity to hold it down to keep the air from flowing into space. Gravity is "a part" of the atmosphere which is strong enough to hold onto the atmosphere and keep it from drifting into space. The energies in the atmosphere are for Storm to mold.

So it's no surprise Storm can make a bubble of air and sustain it in space after doing it to an entire planet.
    Isn’t the reason for earth’s atmosphere staying grounded just it’s mass and velocity of rotation which increases gravitational pull? I would think the same would apply to Mars/Arrako, especially after Magneto increased the planet’s mass with the tons of iron he infused into its core. I personally don’t think Ororo has any direct power over gravity itself, or that she needs that to do what she has done. In regards to her personal bubble of atmosphere used to traverse space, I simply believe that Ororo’s command over the elements that comprise “atmosphere” is far, far stronger than the natural gravitational pull of Arrako. Which honestly makes her feat even more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I get storm being taken out w/ a suprise attack since she is a glass canon, but an upfront assault is just nonsense.Even worse when you have characters w/ enhanced highly durability but both are unacceptable.
    How come no one ever calls Magneto a glass cannon?! Ororo controls the very air surrounding each one of us, she can move electrons and electrical fields at will and can sense the blackbird crossing the atmosphere at half world distance, a jumping fool should not ever be of any concern to her.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    How come no one ever calls Magneto a glass cannon?! Ororo controls the very air surrounding each one of us, she can move electrons and electrical fields at will and can sense the blackbird crossing the atmosphere at half world distance, a jumping fool should not ever be of any concern to her.
    Agreed, anything Erik’s EM field can deflect, Ororo’s pressure dome can as well. It broke through a mountain for goodness sake. If Ororo is a glass canon then surely Erik and Jean must be considered so as well. If a bullet somehow gets through their defenses and into their head, they would die just the same as Ororo. All 3 of them have roughly normal or perhaps just above average human physical durability outside of the things that their powers give them natural immunity to.

Otherwise I can pretty much agree with your assessment, Spiderfan.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 09-24-2021 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Isn’t the reason for earth’s atmosphere staying grounded just it’s mass and velocity of rotation which increases gravitational pull? I would think the same would apply to Mars/Arrako, especially after Magneto increased the planet’s mass with the tons of iron he infused into its core. I personally don’t think Ororo has any direct power over gravity itself, or that she needs that to do what she has done. In regards to her personal bubble of atmosphere used to traverse space, I simply believe that Ororo’s command over the elements that comprise “atmosphere” is far, far stronger than the natural gravitational pull of Arrako. Which honestly makes her feat even more impressive.
    In addition to a very deleterious lack of gravity Mars main problem when it comes to atmospheric loss has always been the lack of a powerful magnetosphere, without the protection of a magnetic field over billions of years the solar winds have constantly eroded the red planet atmospheric layers and destroyed any water molecule suspended in it by separating oxygen and hydrogen due to the action of intense UV radiation .
    Last edited by Daedra; 09-24-2021 at 01:58 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Agreed, anything Erik’s EM field can deflect, Ororo’s pressure dome can as well. It broke through a mountain for goodness sake. If Ororo is a glass canon then surely Erik and Jean must be considered so as well. If a bullet somehow gets through their defenses and into their head, they would die just the same as Ororo. All 3 of them have roughly normal or perhaps just above average human physical durability outside of the things that their powers give them natural immunity to.
    I would dare say Ororo is certainly more durable, heat and cold are not an issue and her powers makes her immune to both vacuum, jovian pressures, radiation and electricity

In addition to a very deleterious lack of gravity Mars main problem when it comes to atmospheric loss has always been the lack of a powerful magnetosphere, without the protection of a magnetic field over billions of years the solar winds have constantly eroded the red planet atmospheric layers and destroyed any water molecule suspended in it by separating oxygen and hydrogen due to action of intense UV radiation .
    Very true. Wouldn’t that issue be remedied as well tho with the molten iron core infusion provided by Erik in PSXM? Thereby strengthening the planet’s magnetic field, making it closer to Earth’s?

I would dare say Ororo is certainly more durable, heat and cold are not an issue and her powers makes her immune to both vacuum, jovian pressures, radiation and electricity
    Yes, that’s what I meant by the durability lent to a character by their natural abilities. As far as innate physical durability goes, I don’t believe we’ve seen anything to infer that Ororo is anything but just above normal human durability. Which is why the “glass canon” argument gets brought up consistently.