Page 613 of 772 FirstFirst ... 113513563603609610611612613614615616617623663713 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,195 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I don't know if Xoffice have already revealed which omega mutant that speaks to space, but I still think Storm has the potential to be, even if it isn't, it would be nice to explore that side of her powers as she was once a vessel for Eternity.

Wait I thought it was lactuca the mutant with the entire 616 universe in its head.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Take that scene and replace the spaceships and the line of "so many micro climates" to "so many miniature energy patterns" to represent the human body and you get a brand new layer of respect for Storm, lol.
    Coates really was hitting for me as a storm writer. the development he gave her and the amount of detail to her personality and powerset was a depiction we didn't see from writers in a long time. he will forever be in my debt

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Kinda late on this news but anyone read this anthology? Storm is in it...�� The piece was titled Return of the Queen
    Something to read as well after Shuri novel (yes Storm was in it too)

https://youtu.be/0axNtp2p554
    no I haven't read it but thank you for sharing this vid!!

The Goddess is coming!

Art being made by Lucas Werneck

Attachment 114086
    is this an upcoming comic?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Kinda late on this news but anyone read this anthology? Storm is in it...�� The piece was titled Return of the Queen

Thanks. Part of me is interested in this, but there a were a couple of stand outs that my interest go from 10 to a 2...
    - She mentioned Hudlin's and Priest's runs. Priest = good. Hudlin = hell to the no! The most horrible representation of their relationship for me.
    - Like why does McDuffie's run (brief but badass) not get recognition in terms of how well he wrote them as a couple (maybe because it's under the FF title)? Or Coates? His wasn't perfect for me but it was damn good and I felt like he got the essence of the characters and the struggle in their relationship.
    - She mentions Storm as a goddess (controls the weather and flight standing out for her, which is cool but basic/general) but it doesn't seem like she did any homework on Storm

All that being said its a BP/Wakanda book and the writer seems really enthused and passionate, which is refreshing, so I prefer to give it a chance before completely dismissing it.

From the synopsis that had come out of issue #3, it said this:

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN! By the time you’re reading this, you know. You know who sits in the central seat of Arakko. You know who speaks for Sol. Storm rules. But when you have to prove to your people who you are, every single day without fail… What becomes of who you were?. So I think Arakko is probably going to force her against the wall, to do things she doesn't normally do or act, and from the cover illustration, I think she's going to face some mutants Arakkis in the ring.
    I'm also very curious and anxious, with this preview, for me it feels like it's at the end of the issue, with Ororo going to the edge of space, to think about what happened.
    Same here. And your take on where these preview pages are coming from are interesting. It makes me wonder, with this role hopefully being hers for a good long while, how does she see Arakko in terms of it's place in the 616 fabric? Millions of war hardened and power driven mutants who at one point were in their element as conquerers of civilizations and worlds is the complete opposite to Storm (almost like Khan was during Claremont's XXM run). I think Storm would strongly oppose any who attempted to continue down that path, but I also don't see her wanting to make drastic changes to their way of life (which would breed endless conflict) so how does she find the right balance for the Arakkii, but still maintains Arakko as the primary planet of the Sol system. Such a great challenge for her.

Let alone when Orchis, Nimrod, and conflict with the Galactic Council come into play. So much potential for this run. I would love for it to be the flagship book in the relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Isn’t the reason for earth’s atmosphere staying grounded just it’s mass and velocity of rotation which increases gravitational pull? I would think the same would apply to Mars/Arrako, especially after Magneto increased the planet’s mass with the tons of iron he infused into its core. I personally don’t think Ororo has any direct power over gravity itself, or that she needs that to do what she has done. In regards to her personal bubble of atmosphere used to traverse space, I simply believe that Ororo’s command over the elements that comprise “atmosphere” is far, far stronger than the natural gravitational pull of Arrako. Which honestly makes her feat even more impressive.
    This is where I am at.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Probably super trivial, and I know they have the 2nd SWORD station, but this mage makes me think about what planet side defenses they have given that they probably only reside on like 20% of the planet. Like I know Krakoa has defenses and bio sensors above, around and beneath the island. Does Arakko have something similar but is planet wide?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Wait I thought it was lactuca the mutant with the entire 616 universe in its head.
    I don't think so, because Lactuca's powers have different effects than Manifold.

Manifold has a kind of spatial manipulation, as he says "I talk to space and it does everything I ask"

How many from Lactuca didn't reveal much, but what shows in the issue on Planet Size, he has a spatial awareness, knowing all about space, locations.

Well, that Xoffice could update the omega list, to put Arakko's new omega mutants.

is this an upcoming comic?
    Well, I don't think so, it's a fanart, he did those X-men arts with new uniforms for the mcu.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Same here. And your take on where these preview pages are coming from are interesting. It makes me wonder, with this role hopefully being hers for a good long while, how does she see Arakko in terms of it's place in the 616 fabric? Millions of war hardened and power driven mutants who at one point were in their element as conquerers of civilizations and worlds is the complete opposite to Storm (almost like Khan was during Claremont's XXM run). I think Storm would strongly oppose any who attempted to continue down that path, but I also don't see her wanting to make drastic changes to their way of life (which would breed endless conflict) so how does she find the right balance for the Arakkii, but still maintains Arakko as the primary planet of the Sol system. Such a great challenge for her.
    You're right, I remember I once read from someone in the early Krakoa Era that Storm's personality would be shaped, maybe it starts now, but I'm not saying she's going to be another character, but now she's going to start questioning more about, how already shown in the preview, I hope its empathic essence still remains, both Arakki and Ororo will be shaped by both.

I know some like a Storm a little more aggressive and lethal, especially when it comes to using their powers, maybe for them it could be a good time, but I don't think it will be just that (she never was), but now maybe it's going to both sides, or rather, create your own path from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Take that scene and replace the spaceships and the line of "so many micro climates" to "so many miniature energy patterns" to represent the human body and you get a brand new layer of respect for Storm, lol.

The Goddess is coming!

Art being made by Lucas Werneck

Attachment 114086
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Thanks. Part of me is interested in this, but there a were a couple of stand outs that my interest go from 10 to a 2...
    - She mentioned Hudlin's and Priest's runs. Priest = good. Hudlin = hell to the no! The most horrible representation of their relationship for me.
    - Like why does McDuffie's run (brief but badass) not get recognition in terms of how well he wrote them as a couple (maybe because it's under the FF title)? Or Coates? His wasn't perfect for me but it was damn good and I felt like he got the essence of the characters and the struggle in their relationship.
    - She mentions Storm as a goddess (controls the weather and flight standing out for her, which is cool but basic/general) but it doesn't seem like she did any homework on Storm

All that being said its a BP/Wakanda book and the writer seems really enthused and passionate, which is refreshing, so I prefer to give it a chance before completely dismissing it.

Let alone when Orchis, Nimrod, and conflict with the Galactic Council come into play. So much potential for this run. I would love for it to be the flagship book in the relaunch.

This is where I am at.

Probably super trivial, and I know they have the 2nd SWORD station, but this mage makes me think about what planet side defenses they have given that they probably only reside on like 20% of the planet. Like I know Krakoa has defenses and bio sensors above, around and beneath the island. Does Arakko have something similar but is planet wide?
    I was going to say all that I know they have would be sword. maybe this is another reason of contention for arrako like they not believe ororo could protect them fom external threats though with their philosophy on life that concern may be a sign of weakness.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I don't think so, because Lactuca's powers have different effects than Manifold.

Manifold has a kind of spatial manipulation, as he says "I talk to space and it does everything I ask"

How many from Lactuca didn't reveal much, but what shows in the issue on Planet Size, he has a spatial awareness, knowing all about space, locations.

Well, that Xoffice could update the omega list, to put Arakko's new omega mutants.

Well, I don't think so, it's a fanart, he did those X-men arts with new uniforms for the mcu.
    oh thanks stormy. that would have been too good to be true to be from an actual comic.

I was going to ask "Return of the Queen" what comic is that? What issue? Or is it something upcoming?

oh thanks stormy. that would have been too good to be true to be from an actual comic.
    I think Lukas Werneck is designing this particular uniform, I would also love it to appear in the comics, this outfit is very reminiscent of Arakko's culture.

Attachment 114099

I think Lukas Werneck is designing this particular uniform, I would also love it to appear in the comics, this outfit is very reminiscent of Arakko's culture.

Attachment 114099
    I thought that was a wakandan inspired piece? I love how he draws her btw. just divine

I thought that was a wakandan inspired piece? I love how he draws her btw. just divine
    I think so, but I could see some similarities to Arakko's clothes.

Attachment 114102

A friend of mine, by the way, was drawing the Storm.
    the link to your Twitter post: https://twitter.com/yunogsay/status/...906631682?s=19

Attachment 114103Attachment 114104

BANNED

Actually lactuca has no gender they were designed to be agender by pepe.

I think so, but I could see some similarities to Arakko's clothes.

Attachment 114102
    oh I gotcha. I see the similarities as well. it would be nice to see her adapt a bit of the culture as their leader.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    The showing was poor for carol and sue but the difference in power to me really wasn't. I think the writer did so to demonstrate just how powerful storm is compared to those two which says ALOT because they are powerful. I couple that showing with what knull said about she being his most powerful avatar and it makes even more sense. But yes Kermit shouldn't have troubled any of them solo.
    I can agree with that.

It's just I wish the writer had come up with a different way to showcase that without sh!tting on the other two, because had the situation changed then Fearless would be on all our sh1t lists lol.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation